December 11, 2017, 08:14:38 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 593914 times)

Offline MaximusPrime

• Veteran
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #4280 on: March 17, 2017, 03:43:43 PM »
WTactualF....... I was so hungry but after a few seconds of that I just feel revolted. Was this on Korean TV?  :huh:

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #4281 on: March 17, 2017, 04:43:58 PM »
WTactualF....... I was so hungry but after a few seconds of that I just feel revolted. Was this on Korean TV?  :huh:

Yes unfortunately this really is what passes for entertainment here these days. Why waste money making quality drama or documentaries when you can film a chubby nobody eating nosily?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 04:45:30 PM by eggieguffer »

Offline gaelynwrites

• Veteran
« Reply #4282 on: March 20, 2017, 07:26:30 AM »
There is no hatred greater than my hatred for Korean Banks.

Online Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4283 on: March 20, 2017, 08:12:30 AM »

Yes unfortunately this really is what passes for entertainment here these days. Why waste money making quality drama or documentaries when you can film a chubby nobody eating nosily?

The hardest thing watching that is knowing that deep down he must be mortified. Just pure cringe turned up to 11, but he has to just get on with it.
Still, must be making good money. I imagine those possible TV/RADIO/AD gigs must be worth more than the average ESL job.

Also side note - why are there so many Korean/English speaking dudes on TV? I've yet to see a woman. Not complaining, just think it's interesting.

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #4284 on: March 20, 2017, 08:25:47 AM »
Also side note - why are there so many Korean/English speaking dudes on TV? I've yet to see a woman. Not complaining, just think it's interesting.

Yes, I'd like to think it's down to them being more discerning but I guess it's more likely due to the fact that fewer of them settle down with Korean spouses and make a real effort to learn the language. Aside from Unusual Summit, which seems to be all blokes I would guesstimate that like with most things here, an attractive female would have an advantage over any guys applying for a TV role.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4285 on: March 20, 2017, 08:37:45 AM »
Went to a cookie shop in Gyeongridan yesterday and ordered 2 cookies, PB and chocolate chip. The girl gave me pb and double chocolate. When I corrected her, she just quickly nodded and kept doing what she was doing. I corrected her again and she nodded and kept going, then added a choco chip. My bf was paying and was charged for all three cookies (its cheap, not really a big deal, but still) while the other two workers had understood me the first time and were trying to correct her as well, but she just wouldn't listen. Again, not a big deal, just annoying.

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4286 on: March 20, 2017, 08:59:32 AM »
I'm in a bad mood.

Friday's trip to the spa was ruined by some foreign meatheads.  Just for once can I go out somewhere that isn't gatecrashed by Ryan Lochte frat boy douche bags?  How loud do you need to be?  Really?  Are Ric Flair style "woo"s appropriate in a public bath?  Why in the living name of f**k are you shouting "yea" at each other?  Can you not hear your booming voices echoing in that room while people are trying to relax?  Cool pepsi logo tattoo on your arm by the way "bro".

It's cold today.  Probably colder than it was at the end of last week (when we were able to have the heating on).  Can't have the heating on today though because it's now Spring.  Yea it's freezing in the office but the calendar doesn't lie!

Teacher 1:  The Arm, have you lost weight, you're looking slim.
Me:  Ah thank you, yes I think I have.
Teacher 2:  No he hasn't, it's just that he had a hair cut.

Online zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4287 on: March 20, 2017, 09:43:35 AM »

Yes, I'd like to think it's down to them being more discerning but I guess it's more likely due to the fact that fewer of them settle down with Korean spouses and make a real effort to learn the language. Aside from Unusual Summit, which seems to be all blokes I would guesstimate that like with most things here, an attractive female would have an advantage over any guys applying for a TV role.

There is that Italian lady with the comically annoying voice.

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4288 on: March 20, 2017, 09:47:57 AM »
^it's the same with korean TV in general.

just randomly flick through the channels one night and you'll see that something like 95% of the people on TV are dudes.

the few woman on TV are mainly just there as eye candy.

Offline oglop

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4289 on: March 20, 2017, 10:46:20 AM »

Teacher 1:  The Arm, have you lost weight, you're looking slim.
Me:  Ah thank you, yes I think I have.
Teacher 2:  No he hasn't, it's just that he had a hair cut.

i know. on friday:

teacher one: are you sick?
me: no
teacher one: you look sick.

teacher two: are you sick?
me: no
teacher two: oh. well, your face looks different. strange. more red. why is it so red? strange.

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4290 on: March 20, 2017, 12:30:13 PM »
^it's the same with korean TV in general.

just randomly flick through the channels one night and you'll see that something like 95% of the people on TV are dudes.

the few woman on TV are mainly just there as eye candy.

Or chubby female comedians who only have one repeating act.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 01:18:55 PM by Savant »

Online Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4291 on: March 20, 2017, 12:52:54 PM »

I'm starting to reach my limit with Korean tv.  It really is the same thing, with the same people, repeated over and over again.  My wife has told me in no uncertain terms to STFU about it.  ;D I have a theory about why Koreans seem to be so obsessed about those programs where they are essentially watching other normal/celebrity people doing something banal.  I'm sure it has something to do with hierarchy in Korea and that you don't really get to know people unless they are introduced by someone else or are family.  There is just that curiosity, because they don't know how other people live.  Just a theory mind.

On another note:  PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. RAIN CATS AND DOGS!  It is almost ten straight dusty days.  I wanna go out hiking.  Please spare a thought for our Chinese brothers and sisters who have it even worse than us. 

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4292 on: March 20, 2017, 01:03:40 PM »

I'm starting to reach my limit with Korean tv.  It really is the same thing, with the same people, repeated over and over again.  My wife has told me in no uncertain terms to STFU about it.  ;D I have a theory about why Koreans seem to be so obsessed about those programs where they are essentially watching other normal/celebrity people doing something banal.  I'm sure it has something to do with hierarchy in Korea and that you don't really get to know people unless they are introduced by someone else or are family.  There is just that curiosity, because they don't know how other people live.  Just a theory mind.

On another note:  PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. RAIN CATS AND DOGS!  It is almost ten straight dusty days.  I wanna go out hiking.  Please spare a thought for our Chinese brothers and sisters who have it even worse than us.

Every country has it's share of trash tv with random people. Just look at Springer, or Maury, or Dr. Phil or Jeremy Kyle or Steve Wilkos or the billions of judge shows. For North America we weem to banish those shows to daytime tv rather than prime time tho. Also, for the record I love trashy tv. I still refuse to marry someone unless they propose to me on Springer. It's just different kinds of garbage programming in different countries.

Online robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4293 on: March 20, 2017, 01:05:25 PM »
I feel like I am filtering the entire atmosphere of Incheon with my lungs, and they are definitely not up to the task. My face just exploded with symptoms. We need a downpour or a stiff breeze or something; I've never reacted this badly before. Maybe it's the new 3rd graders; they are veritable Petri dishes of disease.

Has anyone else been hit hard by the dust season this time round? I usually have zero problems related to my lungs or breathing, even when suffering from a nasty cold.

Online What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4294 on: March 20, 2017, 01:18:31 PM »
I feel like I am filtering the entire atmosphere of Incheon with my lungs, and they are definitely not up to the task. My face just exploded with symptoms. We need a downpour or a stiff breeze or something; I've never reacted this badly before. Maybe it's the new 3rd graders; they are veritable Petri dishes of disease.

Has anyone else been hit hard by the dust season this time round? I usually have zero problems related to my lungs or breathing, even when suffering from a nasty cold.

You're not alone. I'm in what is considered a "clean" part of the country and I have been really ill for the past few days. I woke up to swollen and burning eyes today. So I think it's a combination of walking petri dishes and the dust.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4295 on: March 20, 2017, 01:22:16 PM »

Was your wife a big fan of 도깨비 like mine was? I truly hated that drama and even more so when its OST music was used in countless CFs and other TV shows for no god forsaken reason.

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #4296 on: March 20, 2017, 01:26:35 PM »
How B vitamins can protect you from DNA damage caused by smog

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/world/2017/03/672_225640.html

Offline defenderoftherealm

• Super Waygook
  • Unleash the gangster.
« Reply #4297 on: March 20, 2017, 01:34:18 PM »

Was your wife a big fan of 도깨비 like mine was? I truly hated that drama and even more so when its OST music was used in countless CFs and other TV shows for no god forsaken reason.

If you want your wives to stop watching some of those dramas and expand their horizons I recommend Netflix.  I was hesitant at first to get Korean Netflix because of the rumored limited programming but I have gotten my girlfriend hooked on Daredevil and I feel that it was worth it.  It has actually been kind of comical watching the expressions on her face because she is visually distressed at some of the episodes due to the storyline and the violence.  It is a new kind of show to her though and she has been enjoying.  We have only watched the first season together.  I can't wait to see how she responds to the Punisher.

Offline MaximusPrime

• Veteran
« Reply #4298 on: March 20, 2017, 01:39:02 PM »
Haha I actually liked the Goblin TV show 도깨비  :laugh:

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #4299 on: March 20, 2017, 01:40:38 PM »
There is no hatred greater than my hatred for Korean Banks.

Be careful.

Korea 6th-biggest target of mobile banking malware

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/tech/2017/03/133_225817.html