October 19, 2017, 03:31:57 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 521463 times)

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #4280 on: February 08, 2017, 10:22:44 AM »
I do a lot of form-filling in my job, so I decided to buy a date stamp so help speed things up and reduce errors.

The stamp was labelled as 5 mm.

Apparently that is the width of the numbers.

:sad:

I don't know, I think I'd still use it just to show everyone just how serious I am.

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #4281 on: February 08, 2017, 10:52:48 AM »
It's too stupid to even explain

I'm not really sure how thinking "they didn't actually use the gas ovens to kill the jews" doesn't automatically preclude one as a potential romantic partner
   Well, technically he's correct: they were gas (hydrogen cyanide) showers, and the corpses were then disposed of in crematory ovens afterwards.

But I'm pretty sure that's not what he meant. Holocaust deniers always confuse me: the Nazi's were meticulous in their record keeping. There are literally entire libraries filled with recorded confessions, documentation, logistics, etc. When the victims, the perpetrators, and boat-loads of 3rd parties all claim the same thing, why in the name of God do people try to wave it off as fictions, exaggerations etc?  :huh: :rolleyes:

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4282 on: February 08, 2017, 11:01:43 AM »
It's too stupid to even explain

I'm not really sure how thinking "they didn't actually use the gas ovens to kill the jews" doesn't automatically preclude one as a potential romantic partner
   Well, technically he's correct: they were gas (hydrogen cyanide) showers, and the corpses were then disposed of in crematory ovens afterwards.

But I'm pretty sure that's not what he meant. Holocaust deniers always confuse me: the Nazi's were meticulous in their record keeping. There are literally entire libraries filled with recorded confessions, documentation, logistics, etc. When the victims, the perpetrators, and boat-loads of 3rd parties all claim the same thing, why in the name of God do people try to wave it off as fictions, exaggerations etc?  :huh: :rolleyes:

You learn something new every day. That wasn't an exact quote though lol

Here's one though: "im not a looney and yet i think i am quite sharp and can assure you with 1000 percent certainty with my life that the Holocaust is a complete and total hoax"

nothing I can do but shake my head, I knew my gf was a bit dim but I didn't know she was foolish enough to get sucked in by someone like that

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #4283 on: February 08, 2017, 11:57:47 AM »
So. I registered to take the TOPIK test in April for TOPIK I. I have like two months to study and get ready for it.

Is this possible? I can speak passable simple conversation Korean, but I've never had any formal education.

Offline gideonvasquez

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4284 on: February 08, 2017, 12:03:00 PM »
So. I registered to take the TOPIK test in April for TOPIK I. I have like two months to study and get ready for it.

Is this possible? I can speak passable simple conversation Korean, but I've never had any formal education.
There are practice tests online. But they stopped posting them at the end of 2015. They aren't particularly difficult and the lower level one focuses on comprehension of simple conversations/grammar. I think just simple-present and simple-past tenses. There is also a list of vocabulary that might appear on the test.

I say possible if you learn a few vocab words a week and practice conjugation with verbs. Good luck.

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4285 on: February 08, 2017, 12:36:18 PM »
Chuseok is the same time as Golden Week this year.  >:( I was hoping to travel to China for Chuseok but those crowds aren't worth it.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4286 on: February 08, 2017, 12:50:20 PM »
I hate going into a stall and finding the toilet seat up. I know this is supposed to mean they've cleaned the toilet, but then I see urine stains on the underside of the seat, and I don't get why those don't get cleaned right along with the bowl?

So anyway, I karate kick it back down.

Offline Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #4287 on: February 08, 2017, 12:58:56 PM »
Is this possible?

Depends. How long have you lived in Korea? Seven years? Passing the beginner level TOPIK is possible if you looked at Korean study books along the way. That test is way easier than the intermediate one. Still a bit challenging though. 열공! 화이팅!

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #4288 on: February 08, 2017, 01:44:48 PM »
Is this possible?

Depends. How long have you lived in Korea? Seven years? Passing the beginner level TOPIK is possible if you looked at Korean study books along the way. That test is way easier than the intermediate one. Still a bit challenging though. 열공! 화이팅!

Yeah, seven years, ish. I'm totally comfortable talking with my coworkers in Korean, and my significant other and I probably speak about 40% Korean, and I'm able to read most of the memos and stuff my school sends out. So, my functional Korean is passable. Certainly not what it should be, but passable.

But like I said, never taken a test in Korean. That's spooky.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4289 on: February 08, 2017, 01:58:13 PM »
Is this possible?

Yeah, seven years, ish. I'm totally comfortable talking with my coworkers in Korean, and my significant other and I probably speak about 40% Korean, and I'm able to read most of the memos and stuff my school sends out. So, my functional Korean is passable. Certainly not what it should be, but passable.

Yes, you can definitely do it then. Best advice is read the past papers, I took my test in Jan and so many of the questions had been repeated from previous years.

Its only listening/reading so most of the time you are just choosing which word or sentence sums up what you listened to/ read or putting things in the correct order.

I found the time wasn't enough though, at the end I just winged it because I ran out of time.

Still passed though  ;D I also had the flu at the time!

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #4290 on: February 08, 2017, 02:50:38 PM »
Is this possible?

Yes, you can definitely do it then. Best advice is read the past papers, I took my test in Jan and so many of the questions had been repeated from previous years.

Its only listening/reading so most of the time you are just choosing which word or sentence sums up what you listened to/ read or putting things in the correct order.

I found the time wasn't enough though, at the end I just winged it because I ran out of time.

Still passed though  ;D I also had the flu at the time!

Oh. That's heartening. Yeah, I'll study a bunch of the past TOPIK exams then.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4291 on: February 09, 2017, 04:17:05 PM »
I do not understand. Which happens often. But my school are insisting that I give them a letter of resignation, even though it is the end of my contract. Why? It jut seems illogical to me. I signed the paper saying I am not renewing. I am moving to a different town with a different school. Why should I sign a resignation letter? Korea is so confusing sometimes.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4292 on: February 09, 2017, 04:47:44 PM »
I do not understand. Which happens often. But my school are insisting that I give them a letter of resignation, even though it is the end of my contract. Why? It jut seems illogical to me. I signed the paper saying I am not renewing. I am moving to a different town with a different school. Why should I sign a resignation letter? Korea is so confusing sometimes.

That sounds like it has potential to cut off benefits you would receive upon completing your contract.

Tread carefully.

If it's PS I would be less worried.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4293 on: February 09, 2017, 05:07:16 PM »

That sounds like it has potential to cut off benefits you would receive upon completing your contract.

Tread carefully.

If it's PS I would be less worried.

Exactly what my concern is. Have told them I will not sign anything. It is a PS but there have been a bunch of weird things done by this school that have previously caused some problems so I have just not signed it. I will keep "forgetting" it at home until they go away.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4294 on: February 09, 2017, 05:14:02 PM »
Why would you design a drawer that only opens 1/3 of the way. It's borderline useless when I have to use a flashlight to see what's in there.

When I felt like I was melting last summer I vowed to never complain about the cold this winter, but I've changed my mind. At least when it's hot I can move my fingers, so I'm going to complain about the cold and not the heat.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #4295 on: February 09, 2017, 05:28:55 PM »
Why would you design a drawer that only opens 1/3 of the way. It's borderline useless when I have to use a flashlight to see what's in there.
What drawer would that be?

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #4296 on: February 10, 2017, 10:47:16 AM »
Yo, Dave Stepz! I was in Ansan last night, seeing Snowden (not bad, not great) and I came across a..................

빽스 GYM. It had the same font as his coffee chain and the strange ㅃ in 백 was there as well.

I think he has mastered (saturated) the restaurant industry and is moving onto helping his customers lose all the fat they'll get from his crap food. hahahaha
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4297 on: February 10, 2017, 11:00:52 AM »
Last day before I'm kicked from my kids and city :C Sucks when you don't want to leave but conviniently non existant contract stipulations make you move...

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4298 on: February 10, 2017, 12:35:39 PM »
Yo, Dave Stepz! I was in Ansan last night, seeing Snowden (not bad, not great) and I came across a..................

빽스 GYM. It had the same font as his coffee chain and the strange ㅃ in 백 was there as well.

I think he has mastered (saturated) the restaurant industry and is moving onto helping his customers lose all the fat they'll get from his crap food. hahahaha

;D

I checked this out now...hmmmm.......wouldn't surprise me with his weaselly face being everywhere.  Is there nothing he won't market.  What about the Baek's Hospitals that could open?  Discount surgery coupons found in the food packets? 

My friend works in the high school where he is the chairman.  He told all teachers not to have any scandals because it will affect his brand.  Rug-wearing fool!

:cry:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 12:38:53 PM by Dave Stepz »

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #4299 on: February 10, 2017, 01:44:46 PM »
If you make an app for tourists, don't put any Korean in it. ZERO. If I need the schedule on a metro app to know when the last trains at night are, it shouldn't say 청량리행  in it. EVER.

Same with subtitles. "Aigo, Samchon is here."

Samchon? I though his name was Minsoo, huh. I wonder............"
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment