November 19, 2017, 01:41:04 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 563765 times)

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #4120 on: February 07, 2017, 09:16:55 AM »
So done with deskwarming.  I'm looking forward to the other teachers and students coming back later this week.

I always think that too and then they all come back and I'm just like....  :huh:

Found out one of my new schools for next semester is like a two hour bus ride away  :cry: Will probably be able to get a ride but its so frustrating!
Do you mean an hour each way, or two hours one way?  That's still a really long commute.

Yeah, aren't they supposed to set it up so that your farthest school is no more than an hour-long commute?

I mean two hours each way...and thats by bus. To be fair its like probably 40 minutes in a car but I don't have one.

It would involve two buses, one to the other end of the city that takes such a roundabout way that it takes almost an hour.
Then a second country bus that would be almost another hour. I think the fastest route on naver by bus was 1 hour 40 but I have to walk to stops.

I live as far away as is possible, there are other teachers who live closer....in fact that school already has a foreign teacher, that likes it, and they want to keep her but they are changing everyone around so she is moving and I will take her place. It's ridiculous.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 09:20:01 AM by Pennypie »

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4121 on: February 07, 2017, 09:20:24 AM »
I mean two hours each way...and thats by bus. To be fair its like probably 40 minutes in a car but I don't have one.

I live as far away as is possible, there are other teachers who live closer....in fact that school already has a foreign teacher, that likes it, and they want to keep her but they are changing everyone around so she is moving and I will take her place. It's ridiculous.

That sucks, I'm sorry. I hope you'll be able to carpool with someone.

I've been thinking about buying a scooter myself just to save time on commuting to work, but I've been hesitant about it because of the craziness I see on the roads here.

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4122 on: February 07, 2017, 09:23:54 AM »
Sorry so to be clear, that commute is four hours a day then?  That would be an instant 'nope' from me.

Also I didn't realise that teachers can get moved and then replaced by someone new. 

Madness and, dare I say, a kick in the teeth for that teacher who wants to stay at their school!

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #4123 on: February 07, 2017, 09:24:49 AM »
Found out one of my new schools for next semester is like a two hour bus ride away  :cry: Will probably be able to get a ride but its so frustrating!
Do you mean an hour each way, or two hours one way?  That's still a really long commute.
Yeah, aren't they supposed to set it up so that your farthest school is no more than an hour-long commute?
Nope, unfortunately not.  :sad:
This upcoming year I will have 4 schools (I'm already missing my old school and I haven't even left yet!) 2 of which are about two and a half hours apart (by public transit). I'm now frantically scrambling to buy a car and find my own housing as close to the midway point as possible......  >:(

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4124 on: February 07, 2017, 09:26:02 AM »
So done with deskwarming.  I'm looking forward to the other teachers and students coming back later this week.

I always think that too and then they all come back and I'm just like....  :huh:

It would involve two buses, one to the other end of the city that takes such a roundabout way that it takes almost an hour.
Then a second country bus that would be almost another hour. I think the fastest route on naver by bus was 1 hour 40 but I have to walk to stops.

I may have to deal with this as well. I found out that I am teaching schools in an area that will take two buses to get to, one bus to the main town is an hour, then whatever time it then takes to get to the rural schools. Hoping to find out this week if I can just move to this smaller town rather than have to travel.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4125 on: February 07, 2017, 09:33:50 AM »
OMG, you guys. D;

Honestly sounds like some bureaucracy is to blame here, I'm so sorry you all have to pay for that. I can't even imagine the levels of pissed-off I'd be if I were in the same situation.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4126 on: February 07, 2017, 10:33:52 AM »
I am not going to complain too much, I am just thrilled to get away from the toxic environment I have been teaching in, so I am quite happy to do whatever it takes. Also, maybe this will give me the incentive I need to get a drivers licence and a car.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4127 on: February 07, 2017, 12:04:39 PM »
Basically my cycle through deskwarming: Wooo! --> Booo --> Cool --> Where did it go?

Nailed it.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4128 on: February 07, 2017, 12:07:14 PM »
Sorry so to be clear, that commute is four hours a day then?  That would be an instant 'nope' from me.

Also I didn't realise that teachers can get moved and then replaced by someone new. 

Madness and, dare I say, a kick in the teeth for that teacher who wants to stay at their school!

I dont really have much of a choice. However, I find it unlikely that I will ever have to take the bus. I will probably car pool with another teacher from the school, I've found rural schools are pretty good about that sort of thing.

I think that is the worst part and I feel bad for her too. It's like a computer says no situation. The plan has been made.

I would find it easier if I knew the reasons behind these choices or even who exactly was making them  :rolleyes: but they refuse to straight out tell us what happens.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4129 on: February 07, 2017, 03:10:06 PM »
Great news, everyone can stop being jealous that I have two partners because my girlfriend just decided to pursue a relationship with a holocaust denier

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #4130 on: February 07, 2017, 03:14:27 PM »
Great news, everyone can stop being jealous that I have two partners because my girlfriend just decided to pursue a relationship with a holocaust denier
wot

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4131 on: February 07, 2017, 03:21:56 PM »
wot

I'm gonna drink the bar dry once I get outta here

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4132 on: February 07, 2017, 03:22:52 PM »
wot

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4133 on: February 07, 2017, 03:26:53 PM »
It's too stupid to even explain

I'm not really sure how thinking "they didn't actually use the gas ovens to kill the jews" doesn't automatically preclude one as a potential romantic partner

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4134 on: February 07, 2017, 03:34:16 PM »
wot
In other news, you finaly cleared up the last of the Moonbrie jigsaw for me lol

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4135 on: February 07, 2017, 04:34:08 PM »
I didn't think I could be even more confused about moonbrie  :laugh:

Was it two open relationships (one with a guy back home and one with a girl in Korea) or were you just cheating on your boyfriend from back home with the girl here?

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4136 on: February 07, 2017, 05:13:35 PM »

Was it two open relationships (one with a guy back home and one with a girl in Korea) or were you just cheating on your boyfriend from back home with the girl here?

I have a boyfriend in America
I had a girlfriend in America
They both knew about each other, no secrets
My girlfriend got a crush on a guy, I was supportive until I found out he was a racist holocaust denier, told her I couldn't continue to be with her if she chose to continue being associated with him, she decided to enter a relationship with him anyways

I have a best friend in Korea
Everyone THINKS we are dating because we are very close
We actually probably would've dated if I was monogamous and staying more than a year
But we're not dating

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4137 on: February 07, 2017, 05:17:56 PM »
In related news, my suspicion that fresh plum juice makes an excellent mixer for soju has been confirmed

Offline defenderoftherealm

• Super Waygook
  • Unleash the gangster.
« Reply #4138 on: February 07, 2017, 05:30:35 PM »

I have a boyfriend in America
I had a girlfriend in America
They both knew about each other, no secrets
My girlfriend got a crush on a guy, I was supportive until I found out he was a racist holocaust denier, told her I couldn't continue to be with her if she chose to continue being associated with him, she decided to enter a relationship with him anyways

I have a best friend in Korea
Everyone THINKS we are dating because we are very close
We actually probably would've dated if I was monogamous and staying more than a year
But we're not dating

You are going to find out that your best friend in Korea doesn't believe in the Middle Ages.  :laugh: :laugh:

http://www.craveonline.com/site/676637-top-10-crazy-conspiracy-theories-that-people-actually-believe#/slide/8

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4139 on: February 07, 2017, 07:07:24 PM »
I do a lot of form-filling in my job, so I decided to buy a date stamp so help speed things up and reduce errors.

The stamp was labelled as 5 mm.

Apparently that is the width of the numbers.

:sad: