December 12, 2017, 06:37:34 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 595649 times)

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #4040 on: February 10, 2017, 03:40:34 PM »

Ah right, like this....

and this...

and this...

That kind of thing?

Online oglop

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4041 on: February 10, 2017, 07:57:52 PM »
wtf is 반찬 lunch? this doesn't exist. you made that story up!

buy if you didn't, jesus ****** christ. worst day ever

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4042 on: February 11, 2017, 12:11:04 AM »
we had a similar lunch for our last school lunch

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4043 on: February 11, 2017, 07:33:46 AM »

The other end of the spectrum is bad too.

You pace yourself wrong and are over full when the bring out another course.  I'm looking at you, Shabu Shabu!

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4044 on: February 13, 2017, 08:21:05 AM »

The other end of the spectrum is bad too.

You pace yourself wrong and are over full when the bring out another course.  I'm looking at you, Shabu Shabu!

There must be some thing to it.  I never understood why they start with all the side dishes and meat and then there are the orders for naengmyeon/rice/nooroongji.  Is it to make people fall asleep?  Make them go home?

Offline Skyehawks

• Featured Contributor
  • Veteran
« Reply #4045 on: February 13, 2017, 08:54:18 AM »
So I am a big guy (3xl shirts). Finding my size in Korea, especially with how remote I live, is next to impossible. However today my coteacher tells me (After mentioning my recontraction tomorrow) that in the new year I should get my parents to send me new clothing. I am like..... I have tried, they have yet to even send me my birthday present from last year.

Does anyone know where to get clothes in fat people sizes?

Offline zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4046 on: February 13, 2017, 08:56:47 AM »
The internet.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4047 on: February 13, 2017, 08:57:06 AM »
So I am a big guy (3xl shirts). Finding my size in Korea, especially with how remote I live, is next to impossible. However today my coteacher tells me (After mentioning my recontraction tomorrow) that in the new year I should get my parents to send me new clothing. I am like..... I have tried, they have yet to even send me my birthday present from last year.

Itaewon
Internet

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4048 on: February 13, 2017, 08:58:23 AM »

Gmarket has options, but it's best to visit places like Itaewon (Seoul). They have stores there specifically for "Big Size" people where you can find things and try them on before buying. You can find lines of stores less than a minute walk from the subway exits that carry "Big Size" clothes (these stores normally have a sign outside that say "Big Size" to advertise that they carry larger clothing).

Outside of that, you could also just visit a tailor and get shirts made for you. Apparently the prices can be very reasonable and a lot of foreigners opt for this route.

Offline kimchi_mandu

• Veteran
« Reply #4049 on: February 13, 2017, 09:25:26 AM »

Just saw ASOS are launching a plus size line for men, would be worth checking that out if you don't mind online shopping. I buy from them regularly and have no complaints :) they also often have discount codes on Korean "holidays" like White Day or Peppero Day.

Offline DaStrongOne

• Adventurer
« Reply #4050 on: February 13, 2017, 09:47:11 AM »

My city has an American Premium Outlet. I'd recommend trying to find the nearest one to you.

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4051 on: February 13, 2017, 10:11:59 AM »
How do people spend more than two minutes on the job board on Dave's?  It looks like a Myspace page from the early 2000s crossed with emails you find in your spam mailbox.

@@@###FaNTAstic Opp0rtunitIES$$£££APPly NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@@

Is this really the best place to look for jobs in Korea?   :huh:

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4052 on: February 13, 2017, 10:47:47 AM »
How do people spend more than two minutes on the job board on Dave's?  It looks like a Myspace page from the early 2000s crossed with emails you find in your spam mailbox.

The closer it gets to the day you need a job by, the better the sketchy postings start to look.

Offline Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4053 on: February 13, 2017, 10:53:01 AM »

If you go to Itaewon and arrive via the subway exit that comes out right by Taco Bell, just turn left and walk down the main road. There are several stores that carry (or even specialize in) plus size clothing. They might have signs in English saying so, but you can also keep an eye out for the Korean "큰옷" (keun ot), which means "big clothes."

Here's an example of a sign:

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4054 on: February 13, 2017, 11:43:57 AM »
I always wondered about these stores, are they actually any good?

Online is the way to go, loads of places deliver here now. Its just a shame about the import limit  :sad: I always have to split my orders.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 11:48:32 AM by Pennypie »

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #4055 on: February 13, 2017, 11:52:41 AM »

Yes, when did it become acceptable to describe teaching Engish positions as 'hot.'?

Offline Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4056 on: February 13, 2017, 11:58:52 AM »
I always wondered about these stores, are they actually any good?

Online is the way to go, loads of places deliver here now. Its just a shame about the import limit  :sad: I always have to split my orders.

The quality seems to vary. I'm no fashionista, so I know f*ck all about brands, but there was a decent range of prices at the shops I walked in to. I ended up getting cheap stuff, which I regretted less than a year later when it started to fall apart  :laugh:.

I don't like online shopping for clothes unless it's a brand, style, and cut that i know for a fact will fit me. I much prefer to be able to try stuff on first. I only go home once every 2.5 years, apparently, but every time I do, I go on a huge clothes shopping spree so I'll have stuff to last until the next time I go, haha.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4057 on: February 13, 2017, 12:10:47 PM »

Yes, when did it become acceptable to describe teaching Engish positions as 'hot.'?

In Korea, there is...

Hot...

and hot...

All Korean jobs fall in the latter.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4058 on: February 14, 2017, 10:46:02 AM »

Offline kimchi_mandu

• Veteran
« Reply #4059 on: February 14, 2017, 11:37:24 AM »
Doing some online window shopping, sort of looking for new Jeans and I'm horrified by what's "fashionable" these days.

http://www.asos.com/asos/asos-authentic-straight-leg-jeans-in-james-wash-with-fringe-hem/prd/7006082?iid=7006082&clr=Jamesdarkwash&SearchQuery=&cid=17014&pgesize=36&pge=14&totalstyles=669&gridsize=4&gridrow=5&gridcolumn=4

Who would wear that?

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I've been seeing a lot of hideous jeans recently, not quite as bad as those but still cropped and....fringed? The ladies of Dongdaemun are wearing them despite it being below zero most of the time.  :huh: I really don't get it at all.
Also, the cold-shoulder top trend must die. Not only is it fugly, but totally inappropriate for work in Korea. Asos, get your sh*t together!