October 20, 2017, 01:22:44 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 523380 times)

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #4040 on: January 09, 2017, 10:16:44 AM »
Hahahaha, no. There is one "stick person" and 3 direction givers per face (group), so one kid gets a bit of paper glue (normal glue stick on his/her hands nothing a wet wipe can't cleanup), and yes, if I had wanted the activity to be repeatable I would have used magnets. I am not a noob. The craft is part of a project and continues through the whole ten day camp. Face, body, colors, clothes, etc..
Ah ok, that makes sense!
There are some crazy lesson plans on this site, so I thought I would just offer some unasked for suggestions:azn:

Not a problem at all, plus sometimes my plans are pretty noobish and half way through I will stop and think "you really didn't think this through did ya?"
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4041 on: January 09, 2017, 10:52:36 AM »
Aw man. So I ordered some Bear Creek soup mixes from Coupang awhile back and was fixin' to have the chili mix over the weekend. Too late I saw that it requires the addition of a can of tomato paste. Which doesn't seem to exist at the local marts.

Gonna have to wait until my next order and add a thing of tomato paste  :-[ May as well order enough ingredients to make chili from scratch as well. So much for being lazy, hah

Offline kimchiyum

• Veteran
« Reply #4042 on: January 09, 2017, 11:24:54 AM »
My rant: the new people who come on these threads and judge people based off one post which is part of a situation that has been going on for months  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

203 pages on this thread. Forgive people for being so rude as to not read every post you've ever written! Maybe they are waiting for your inevitable autiobiography- 'My Life as a Waygook'

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4043 on: January 09, 2017, 11:35:30 AM »
Forgive people for being so rude as to judge someone based off a single post, more like it. Lol. But hey, it's the internet. You can't take others too seriously.

The dude is just an annoying git so I complain on here as it's the appropriate thread. It's not like I bring him up IRL conversations. Like just now he popped into the office twice, said nothing to me, then returned to ask if I'd like to join him for lunch. Lol no. I shook my head. This is pretty universal for "no" I would think but he popped in yet again to "confirm" so I had to verbally tell him "no."

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4044 on: January 09, 2017, 12:22:15 PM »
In other rant news, I didn't bother to try to get my dramamine prescription refilled because even though I'd been feeling less sick I was still feeling sick, and that was a mistake, to say the least

Wonder if I can convince my coteacher to let me use sick leave to get out of work early and get that all figured out

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4045 on: January 09, 2017, 02:48:32 PM »
Omg.  My ct is off today.  When I got to work my desk was covered in sticky notes with instructions for camp.  Then she called the office and there was an awkward phone hand off to me in which she asked if I saw all her notes.  And then she asked if it was possible for me to turn off and on the heat, even though one of the notes says "sixtieshappy!  Turn off the heater."  Just imagining her sitting at home and freaking out over all of this...

Offline defenderoftherealm

• Super Waygook
  • Unleash the gangster.
« Reply #4046 on: January 09, 2017, 03:00:00 PM »
Lol, I'm assuming you've met him?

Lol, no, I'm assuming you have?

Seriously, stop being tacky and "move on with your life."

Maybe kimchiyum is the creepy guy.

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4047 on: January 09, 2017, 03:02:56 PM »

It starts young, today at camp:
A 6th grade girl was pleading with me to show her how to put 2 pieces of paper together
using a paper clip... She spent more time pleading than actually attempting the task. When
she saw I was going to help her, she attempted it and gave up.

Omg a few months ago I was shocked to see a bunch of my middle school students didn't understand paper clips.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4048 on: January 09, 2017, 03:12:40 PM »
Lol, I'm assuming you've met him?

Lol, no, I'm assuming you have?

Seriously, stop being tacky and "move on with your life."

Maybe kimchiyum is the creepy guy.

Probably, since he's apparently one of those guys that shames women for feeling uncomfortable by sarcastically saying "OMG what did he do? Pay you a compliment? How horrible! :rolleyes: " and then blames others because he took something out of context and didn't ask for clarification before passing down judgement.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4049 on: January 09, 2017, 03:23:54 PM »
What I really don't understand is why people double down when you point out that they were in the wrong, or misunderstood something. Like once Chinguetti exhaustively explained the situation he could've been like "Oh wow, I'm sorry. That was inappropriate and not cool of me to say." instead of the standard "WELL, we can't REALLY know because we haven't heard HIS side of the story"  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The other day one of my friends back home posted a thing on facebook asking people not to support her ex's band because he's abusive and manipulative and actively seeks out younger girls. Some guy snarkily said like "Pretty sure I've seen you dancing to Chris Brown songs before" because he didn't realize that this was someone who had personally hurt her. After that misunderstanding was cleared up for some reason he... continued hassling her???

Men  :evil:

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4050 on: January 09, 2017, 03:31:04 PM »
What I really don't understand is why people double down when you point out that they were in the wrong, or misunderstood something. Like once Chinguetti exhaustively explained the situation he could've been like "Oh wow, I'm sorry. That was inappropriate and not cool of me to say." instead of the standard "WELL, we can't REALLY know because we haven't heard HIS side of the story"  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The other day one of my friends back home posted a thing on facebook asking people not to support her ex's band because he's abusive and manipulative and actively seeks out younger girls. Some guy snarkily said like "Pretty sure I've seen you dancing to Chris Brown songs before" because he didn't realize that this was someone who had personally hurt her. After that misunderstanding was cleared up for some reason he... continued hassling her???

The sad thing is that it's not just men. Women tear each other down all the time and it's sickening.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4051 on: January 09, 2017, 04:04:38 PM »

The sad thing is that it's not just men. Women tear each other down all the time and it's sickening.

Shh, let me hate men in peace  :P

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4052 on: January 09, 2017, 04:11:09 PM »

Shh, let me hate men in peace  :P

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Sorry about that. :P

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4053 on: January 09, 2017, 04:29:03 PM »
I wanted to renew for 2nd year here.
However, my open class back in September was supposed to get moved to December, but the school forgot and didn't do it.
Today I got told that I can't renew, because no one knows what to do if an employee misses their open class. When I asked for more clarification, I just got told: "it's a mix of when you started is a strange time, problems between city hall / education board, and teacher / student / principal's feelings towards you." or something. I had a good rapport with all my co-teachers, students, and principals.
I guess, I'll talk with my recruiter and see if I can get this sorted out, I'd love to stay in my area for 1 more year.

If not, I'll go back to NZ for a small break and try find something with an August start in Japan. :D

Offline denimdaze

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4054 on: January 09, 2017, 04:37:11 PM »
However, my open class back in September was supposed to get moved to December, but the school forgot and didn't do it.
Today I got told that I can't renew, because no one knows what to do if an employee misses their open class. When I asked for more clarification, I just got told: "it's a mix of when you started is a strange time, problems between city hall / education board, and teacher / student / principal's feelings towards you." or something. I had a good rapport with all my co-teachers, students, and principals.
I guess, I'll talk with my recruiter and see if I can get this sorted out, I'd love to stay in my area for 1 more year.

If not, I'll go back to NZ for a small break and try find something with an August start in Japan. :D

Sounds like the school screwed up & you got the fallout.  Sorry to hear that.  I hope things work out for you.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4055 on: January 09, 2017, 04:38:14 PM »
I honestly feel like it shouldn't matter if your open class just didn't even happen. Hardly anyone showed up to mine (one other teacher and a random parent dropped by for hardly a minute) so it's not like that's what was really evaluated, in my case. Guess it just depends on how your sitch is perceived by those in power! Best of luck with that

At any rate, Japan is lovely so I hope you end up there at some point :)

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4056 on: January 09, 2017, 04:45:31 PM »

Because it's coming from somewhere else. Maybe he creeped a girl out and was forever angry that his "harmless compliments" resulted in him getting shut down. Maybe that guy on your friend's status wants to be able to seek out younger women and if other guys get called out for their bad behavior, he feels like his right to be an asshole is threatened. There's usually SOMETHING they think they connect to in whatever story made them angry that makes them get so defensive. So it's never really about the original story to begin with and clearing it up wont change anything once you set 'em off!

(and about 99% of the time that "thing" is when they feel like their right to be a creep or a jerk is threatened!)

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4057 on: January 09, 2017, 04:46:39 PM »

WTF? I would be so pissed off. You're paying the price for their mistake, but then again, it's all about saving face here. :rolleyes: I hope everything works out for you and if it doesn't work out here, then I hope NZ and Japan prove to be far better for you.

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4058 on: January 09, 2017, 04:58:59 PM »
I honestly feel like it shouldn't matter if your open class just didn't even happen. Hardly anyone showed up to mine (one other teacher and a random parent dropped by for hardly a minute) so it's not like that's what was really evaluated, in my case. Guess it just depends on how your sitch is perceived by those in power! Best of luck with that

Cheers! I'll be going to Japan for my 3rd time in Jan, sadly just for a few days, was going to be longer because of vacation, but now it seems like I need to start moving my stuff back to NZ, so need to take stuff home and only get a small amount of time for vacation haha.

WTF? I would be so pissed off. You're paying the price for their mistake, but then again, it's all about saving face here. :rolleyes: I hope everything works out for you and if it doesn't work out here, then I hope NZ and Japan prove to be far better for you.

I'm a little upset TBH but, I'm someone who likes to plan things, so I always have back up plans to anything I deem important. Yeah, I agree. They even said that they may go on to hire a replacement to me. I even said, wouldn't it be easier to rehire me? My co-teacher said he wants to rehire me, but it isn't his decision to make. I'm hoping talking to my recruiter / the guy who does the hiring for my area will turn up something positive though!

Sounds like the school screwed up & you got the fallout.  Sorry to hear that.  I hope things work out for you.

Thanks! and yeah, it does seem like that. I know someone is leaving this year in my area, I don't know when, but hopefully, we can make something work to keep me in the area. I'd love to stay at my schools too, but it sounds like 'it's impossible' haha.

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4059 on: January 09, 2017, 05:00:40 PM »

I think so too - my co-teacher was even telling me that "I don't really think the open class really matters." but, they have never been in this position before. haha.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment