November 19, 2017, 01:44:48 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 563776 times)

Offline Mister Tim

• Expert Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #4020 on: January 18, 2017, 10:24:59 AM »
That's kinda what I was thinking. What sort of things does someone living in Korea need to know about that wouldn't be covered in those sub-forums? Is the answer to questions like "What do I do with my recyclables" not the same for non-teachers? Is it really just an "I want to associate with people who aren't teachers" thing?

Non teachers might not want to read the endless discussions on what's the cheapest way to do everything.

Uh... then they don't have to. I don't, and I'm a teacher.

Offline eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #4021 on: January 18, 2017, 10:35:19 AM »
That's kinda what I was thinking. What sort of things does someone living in Korea need to know about that wouldn't be covered in those sub-forums? Is the answer to questions like "What do I do with my recyclables" not the same for non-teachers? Is it really just an "I want to associate with people who aren't teachers" thing?

Non teachers might not want to read the endless discussions on what's the cheapest way to do everything.

Uh... then they don't have to. I don't, and I'm a teacher.

Never said they do, just answering the question.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4022 on: January 18, 2017, 10:54:55 AM »
After a very long year of criticisms and bitching and complaining from my CT about EVERYTHING! After a long year of detailed lesson plans required and filed two weeks in advance, but being told I don't really need to follow them, yet I "best be sure to complete the curriculum on time!"

As well as the response to me, wanting activities and worksheets organised and prepped before hand, being that I am just stupid, and I am just making work for myself. (I apparently should do activity planning just before class or just make something up on the spot and I should just do the same 3-4 activities all the time, because Simon says never gets boring *yawn*.)

17 unique individual lesson plans a week for 23 classes and having to set out my own curriculum with books that have no beautiful waygook thread to steal material from; requires some planning and pre-planning. She has never understood why this takes up so much of my time, and if I just relaxed I could also watch movies and be on facebook and my phone a lot. She has time with her whole 3 classes she teaches....... :blank: :blank: :blank:

Long story short.... I got some revenge, not particularly on purpose but I'm going to claim it.

I changed up the winter camp schedule on the spot today for tomorrow and Friday and she freaked the f*#k out. It was hilar!!! She was and is still confused.

When she asked I just said we need to be flexible, things happen and change, just go with the flow. ( I just couldn't be arsed to teach today, we did crafts, I have a cold from hell.) She insisted I give her a revised lesson plan immediately, I said I didn't have time (I have another class to get through today).  I just said we will do what we can tomorrow and Friday and if we don't finish .. oh well.

She is not happy with me.

I finally did it, I was petty and mean (I think) after a year of sheer hell from her and hearing how I suck as a teacher and I am terrible to work with, and it feels GREAT!!!!   :evil:
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4023 on: January 18, 2017, 11:44:22 AM »
Had a couple of boys bust each other up because one of them accidentally knocked over the other boy's tower while horse-playing. The tower wasn't hurt, but both boys ended up with bloody noses before I was basically able to Superman-fly my way in between them.

Called my coT and they were removed from class, and I don't think they'll get to finish the rest of camp, which I'm actually kind of grateful for because these two were the biggest pains. Not bad kids, but lazy and disruptive.

To be young and stupid again.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4024 on: January 19, 2017, 12:55:54 PM »
Okay, I am so ******* sick of guys (or girls, for that matter) who feel like they are entitled to do with other people's bodies as they please without consequence. I was on my way back to school after my lunch break (I go home for an hour) and some random guy touched me. It wasn't any place inappropriate but it was very obviously intentional and it still pissed me off but I kept walking and turned around to look at him and all of a sudden he loses his shit and starts yelling at me and even acted like he was going to follow me. He was at least three times my size so I just kept walking hoping he'll go away, which he did, but really?

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4025 on: January 19, 2017, 01:37:18 PM »
Okay, I am so ******* sick of guys (or girls, for that matter) who feel like they are entitled to do with other people's bodies as they please without consequence. I was on my way back to school after my lunch break (I go home for an hour) and some random guy touched me. It wasn't any place inappropriate but it was very obviously intentional and it still pissed me off but I kept walking and turned around to look at him and all of a sudden he loses his shit and starts yelling at me and even acted like he was going to follow me. He was at least three times my size so I just kept walking hoping he'll go away, which he did, but really?

I am so sorry this happened to you.

That guy can go get fucked over by a rusty iron rod.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 01:39:15 PM by Chinguetti »

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4026 on: January 19, 2017, 02:02:17 PM »

Abhorrent behavior. I empathize. I hope karma finds him swiftly.

Offline eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #4027 on: January 19, 2017, 02:14:42 PM »

Yes he so deserves to be touched in a place that's not inappropriate himself.  >:(

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4028 on: January 19, 2017, 02:21:17 PM »

Yes he so deserves to be touched in a place that's not inappropriate himself.  >:(

Dude, it was still inappropriate touching even if he didn't touch any "inappropriate" areas.

And let's not ignore the guy's behavior after the fact. Lots of mens rea there.

I've seen lots of guys get into fist fights over less.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 02:36:55 PM by Chinguetti »

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4029 on: January 19, 2017, 02:44:39 PM »
Ugh, thanks you guys. It just really scared / annoyed me because he got so mad because I dared to look at him. He kept yelling at me to look away and what did he do wrong and other stupid crap. Honestly, I only even looked at him that one time because I was shocked and annoyed just to see who the hell it was but I wasn't expecting that reaction.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4030 on: January 19, 2017, 02:48:06 PM »
Ugh, thanks you guys. It just really scared / annoyed me because he got so mad because I dared to look at him. He kept yelling at me to look away and what did he do wrong and other stupid crap. Honestly, I only even looked at him that one time because I was shocked and annoyed just to see who the hell it was but I wasn't expecting that reaction.

It's classic overcompensation/overreaction from the guilty-minded. It's a very common behavior from a certain type of individual (and from scammers, for that matter), I saw a lot of it while interning.

Others tend to go the reverse and try to be extremely low-key about everything, to a point that they're overly calm (and so don't respond to questions and such in ways that most people would).
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 02:55:36 PM by Chinguetti »

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4031 on: January 19, 2017, 03:42:41 PM »

It's classic overcompensation/overreaction from the guilty-minded. It's a very common behavior from a certain type of individual (and from scammers, for that matter), I saw a lot of it while interning.

Others tend to go the reverse and try to be extremely low-key about everything, to a point that they're overly calm (and so don't respond to questions and such in ways that most people would).

I hate people, ugh.

Offline Ptolemy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4032 on: January 19, 2017, 09:30:58 PM »

This website is geared up for this already.  The open forum, life in Korea forum, and all the others cover all topics relating to life in Korea. 

Foreigners working as teachers in Korea have certain common traits, non-teachers do not share those. It's not like most people I know involved in business in this area would want to post on a teacher forum. Some people (like me) do, but you just get standard "teacher type" responses (as just happened).

I am correct that it would benefit this site to just create a non-teacher forum (the customer is always right), people do not need to understand why...just do it.

Online zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4033 on: January 19, 2017, 09:41:34 PM »
I think i saw you in Haebangchon last weekend Ptolemy.
You were wearing acid washed cut off jean shorts, boat shoes, a turtleneck sweater and a knee length overcoat. You has gold, wire frame glasses and a asian style fluffy bowl cut.
You were at the table next to us talking about a similar topic to this. What's up bro? Good to see you online!

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4034 on: January 20, 2017, 07:54:15 AM »
I have to finish up making some worksheets for stories from this book, but the back and forth eye motion required to read, then write questions in the separate word processor window triggers my nausea

only 15 stories down, 13 to go  :cry:

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4035 on: January 20, 2017, 08:18:55 AM »

This website is geared up for this already.  The open forum, life in Korea forum, and all the others cover all topics relating to life in Korea. 

Foreigners working as teachers in Korea have certain common traits, non-teachers do not share those. It's not like most people I know involved in business in this area would want to post on a teacher forum. Some people (like me) do, but you just get standard "teacher type" responses (as just happened).

I am correct that it would benefit this site to just create a non-teacher forum (the customer is always right), people do not need to understand why...just do it.

Completely unrelated to your rant, but this could not be more wrong.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4036 on: January 20, 2017, 08:20:41 AM »
I have to finish up making some worksheets for stories from this book, but the back and forth eye motion required to read, then write questions in the separate word processor window triggers my nausea

only 15 stories down, 13 to go  :cry:

Is this the thing where you have to make ten questions per story or something?? :sad: I hope you finish it soon and can get some rest.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4037 on: January 20, 2017, 08:22:40 AM »

Right? Has this person ever worked retail? Hah. The customer always has an opinion, would be more accurate.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4038 on: January 20, 2017, 08:25:31 AM »

Right? Has this person ever worked retail? Hah. The customer always has an opinion, would be more accurate.

:laugh: So true. I probably would have hurt my eyes if I had tried to roll them any farther back when I worked retail.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4039 on: January 20, 2017, 08:45:53 AM »

:laugh: So true. I probably would have hurt my eyes if I had tried to roll them any farther back when I worked retail.

I always thought that that statement was truncated.  The rest of it is "...but the supplier chooses who is considered a customer."

The negotiations about what the proactive customer wants allow the supplier to determine this.

example: I walk into Burger King and ask for a Big Mac.  I am told that they can't do that, but would gladly sell me a Whopper.  If I insist on a Big Mac, I will be asked to leave.