September 25, 2017, 05:13:52 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 490120 times)

Online Pecan

• The Legend
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #4020 on: January 05, 2017, 07:21:19 PM »
Korean soy sauce is sooooo salty. I've been making a lot of homemade sauces and dressings with soy sauce being the base, and I'm constantly having to make crazy adjustments because the salt levels are insane!

I miss Kikkoman. It's the little things that really make you homesick...

Unless Korea sells a low sodium soy sauce, and I just don't know about it because I don't know how to say low sodium in Korea....
No reason to miss it.  It is sold here.

Check your local Costco.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4021 on: January 05, 2017, 08:27:08 PM »
Korean soy sauce is sooooo salty. I've been making a lot of homemade sauces and dressings with soy sauce being the base, and I'm constantly having to make crazy adjustments because the salt levels are insane!

Unless Korea sells a low sodium soy sauce, and I just don't know about it because I don't know how to say low sodium in Korea....
No reason to miss it.  It is sold here.

Check your local Costco.

That's what I use.  Just tossed out an empty bottle yesterday.

Offline Aristocrat

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4022 on: January 06, 2017, 09:01:42 AM »
Nearly 18 months without getting sick and thanks to being around sick students for 2 pointless weeks of camp, I'm coming down with the flu... the day before my flight home for a 3 week holiday.
F#ck camp and whoever came up with the idea.

Offline Soggysocks

• Veteran
« Reply #4023 on: January 06, 2017, 09:35:15 AM »

You can get Kikkoman here! I saw some in the international food section at my local Lotte Mart.

OMG!! The whole time? THE WHOLE TIME?!!! (Thanks!)

Offline walrus

• Veteran
« Reply #4024 on: January 06, 2017, 09:43:03 AM »

You can get Kikkoman here! I saw some in the international food section at my local Lotte Mart.

OMG!! The whole time? THE WHOLE TIME?!!! (Thanks!)

Yeah, I've been buying Kikkoman soy here for the past 10 years. Usually have it at my local e-mart...

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4025 on: January 06, 2017, 09:49:02 AM »
Nearly 18 months without getting sick and thanks to being around sick students for 2 pointless weeks of camp, I'm coming down with the flu... the day before my flight home for a 3 week holiday.
F#ck camp and whoever came up with the idea.

Last time I went home I got assaulted with severe allergies. Not the same, I know, but it made for a miserable time that should otherwise have been great. Sick on holiday is no fun

Offline What?What?

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4026 on: January 06, 2017, 01:04:17 PM »
Why in the f*%k are kids rocking up at my camp 40 minutes early. I just finished first session and now I must babysit these little shits, in the 40 minutes I am to have had lunch, then go straight into 90 minutes of scheduled babysitting.. uh.. I mean camp. I don't want to spend an extra 40 minutes with them. I do not.

Also - Happy for you Whatgook. Happy and envious. Wishing you all the best.

I'm in the opposite boat. I have two CTs for camp.

My CT from last week showed up yesterday at 12:03 with a new student to fill in for one kid who wasn't going to come. My camp ends at 12:10.

I also had the game set up for 4 groups of 4 (16 kids). It required exactly 4 people to be played properly (euchre for anyone who cares). She then proceeded to yell at my other CT for not incorporating him into the game.

Like come fuckin' on. Really?

Yeah, I possibly may not have reacted well to that if it were me.

And why? Where is the common sense? Just where? My CT is the same. We were playing stick the face on the monster (pin the tail on the donkey revised). She looks at me putting glue on the eye that will be stuck on the monster with a clear face of mass confusion, she ask me why we are gluing it... well how the f**k else is it gonna stay on the monster face? How? The lack of common sense and forethought I have born witness to lately is just mind blowing... think goddamnit f**king think!!!!  Also, I asked for PAPER plates, paper plates, exactly like we got for the last camp...which I stated quite clearly, we get plastic plates,.... have you ever tried to use watercolors on plastic plates?

It is a bad day. I need wine man. So much wine.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #4027 on: January 06, 2017, 01:40:09 PM »
We were playing stick the face on the monster (pin the tail on the donkey revised). She looks at me putting glue on the eye that will be stuck on the monster with a clear face of mass confusion, she ask me why we are gluing it... well how the f**k else is it gonna stay on the monster face? How? The lack of common sense and forethought I have born witness to lately is just mind blowing... think goddamnit f**king think!!!! 

Wait, what? What? Maybe I'm imagining this all wrong, but wouldn't this mean that you will have hordes of little kids wandering around with glue sodden bits of paper sticking them to God knows what?

Wouldn't it make more sense to laminate the monster and just put a small loop of tape (or a strip of double sided tape) on the back of the face? That way the activity would be faster, repeatable, and farrrr less messy.

Offline emmas28

• Veteran
« Reply #4028 on: January 06, 2017, 03:34:59 PM »
User: Busan1.

Jerk.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4029 on: January 06, 2017, 03:54:04 PM »
^ Lol.

Admin. creep puts me on edge whenever he's nearby or tries to speak to me. Questions that are ordinary from anyone else are simply creepy from him.

No, you do not need to know if I'm going out tonight. Or tomorrow. Or ever. My personal time is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!! Get that through your thick skull!!  >:(

If my school gets a replacement for me when I'm done here, I'm definitely passing on a full warning about his past shenanigans.

Offline What?What?

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4030 on: January 06, 2017, 04:43:52 PM »
We were playing stick the face on the monster (pin the tail on the donkey revised). She looks at me putting glue on the eye that will be stuck on the monster with a clear face of mass confusion, she ask me why we are gluing it... well how the f**k else is it gonna stay on the monster face? How? The lack of common sense and forethought I have born witness to lately is just mind blowing... think goddamnit f**king think!!!! 

Wait, what? What? Maybe I'm imagining this all wrong, but wouldn't this mean that you will have hordes of little kids wandering around with glue sodden bits of paper sticking them to God knows what?

Wouldn't it make more sense to laminate the monster and just put a small loop of tape (or a strip of double sided tape) on the back of the face? That way the activity would be faster, repeatable, and farrrr less messy.

Hahahaha, no. There is one "stick person" and 3 direction givers per face (group), so one kid gets a bit of paper glue (normal glue stick on his/her hands nothing a wet wipe can't cleanup), and yes, if I had wanted the activity to be repeatable I would have used magnets. I am not a noob. The craft is part of a project and continues through the whole ten day camp. Face, body, colors, clothes, etc..
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 04:47:59 PM by What?What? »
-A.A. Milne

Offline What?What?

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4031 on: January 06, 2017, 05:15:34 PM »
User: Busan1.

Jerk.

Oh, ok I just read through that thread. Wow. Busan 1. Yeah. Wow. Bit of an arse, yeah?
-A.A. Milne

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #4032 on: January 06, 2017, 09:31:07 PM »
Hahahaha, no. There is one "stick person" and 3 direction givers per face (group), so one kid gets a bit of paper glue (normal glue stick on his/her hands nothing a wet wipe can't cleanup), and yes, if I had wanted the activity to be repeatable I would have used magnets. I am not a noob. The craft is part of a project and continues through the whole ten day camp. Face, body, colors, clothes, etc..
Ah ok, that makes sense!
There are some crazy lesson plans on this site, so I thought I would just offer some unasked for suggestions:azn:

Offline kimchiyum

• Veteran
« Reply #4033 on: January 07, 2017, 12:18:05 AM »
^ Lol.

Admin. creep puts me on edge whenever he's nearby or tries to speak to me. Questions that are ordinary from anyone else are simply creepy from him.

No, you do not need to know if I'm going out tonight. Or tomorrow. Or ever. My personal time is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!! Get that through your thick skull!!  >:(

If my school gets a replacement for me when I'm done here, I'm definitely passing on a full warning about his past shenanigans.

You sound full-on obsessed with him. It's beyond creepy. What happened- did he pay you a compliment once? HOW DARE HE!!! You should learn to move on and not carry that negativity with you because it will eat you up.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4034 on: January 07, 2017, 10:10:08 AM »
^ Lol.

You sound full-on obsessed with him. It's beyond creepy. What happened- did he pay you a compliment once? HOW DARE HE!!! You should learn to move on and not carry that negativity with you because it will eat you up.

Wow, did you really just make a wild assumption about a situation without knowing literally anything about it? Do you honestly think that most people would find someone creepy just because he dared pay them a compliment? You've got it completely flipped around.

yirj17's admin creep is a married man with a kid. He's tried to put the moves on yirj17 on numerous occasions despite her making it clear that she is 100% not interested in him and has a boyfriend. The admin creep borderlined stalked her and even hovered outside her home on at least one occasion. yirj17 had to get multiple people at her school involved to make him leave her alone, all of whom agreed that yirj17 had reason and the right to be concerned with that guy and his behavior towards her. None of the other KTs at her school like him, either, because there is something seriously wrong with him.

It's hard to move on from that when that person won't let you. He still works in the same office as her, hasn't quite accepted that she really and truly isn't interested in having an affair with him, and, even though he's backed off some because he knows people are watching him now, still tries to involve himself in her life in that attempt. He's an idiot who has a complete lack of social awareness, but he thinks he's clever, so imagine what you get with that kind of man when he has a sexual obsession with you. 

yirj17 isn't really carrying that negativity around with her so much as she's just keeping her guard up around him. Because, you know, he's not some poor and innocent guy. He's a legitimate and inappropriate creep who doesn't understand the meaning of "no".

Just let her ****** rant about him.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 12:05:12 PM by Chinguetti »

Offline kimchiyum

• Veteran
« Reply #4035 on: January 07, 2017, 12:37:33 PM »
^ Lol.

Wow, did you really just make a wild assumption about a situation without knowing literally anything about it? Do you honestly think that most people would find someone creepy just because he dared pay them a compliment? You've got it completely flipped around.

yirj17's admin creep is a married man with a kid. He's tried to put the moves on yirj17 on numerous occasions despite her making it clear that she is 100% not interested in him and has a boyfriend. The admin creep borderlined stalked her and even hovered outside her home on at least one occasion. yirj17 had to get multiple people at her school involved to make him leave her alone, all of whom agreed that yirj17 had reason and the right to be concerned with that guy and his behavior towards her. None of the other KTs at her school like him, either, because there is something seriously wrong with him.

It's hard to move on from that when that person won't let you. He still works in the same office as her, hasn't quite accepted that she really and truly isn't interested in having an affair with him, and, even though he's backed off some because he knows people are watching him now, still tries to involve himself in her life in that attempt. He's an idiot who has a complete lack of social awareness, but he thinks he's clever, so imagine what you get with that kind of man when he has a sexual obsession with you. 

yirj17 isn't really carrying that negativity around with her so much as she's just keeping her guard up around him. Because, you know, he's not some poor and innocent guy. He's a legitimate and inappropriate creep who doesn't understand the meaning of "no".

Just let her ****** rant about him.

Lol, I'm assuming you've met him?

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4036 on: January 07, 2017, 01:37:03 PM »
Lol, I'm assuming you've met him?

Lol, no, I'm assuming you have?

Seriously, stop being tacky and "move on with your life."

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4037 on: January 07, 2017, 02:24:16 PM »
Aw, thanks chinguetti. Saves me from giving an explanation and reiterating tales of being stalked.

The point about carrying negativity is valid. Generally it's out of sight, out of mind, but because of deskwarming season, all the other teachers are gone and this guy thinks he can creep again. I was puttering around in the English lab and he stopped by multiple times within the span of like half an hour to "check the electricity." :undecided: I told him I wasn't finished -- which was obvious because otherwise I would have turned everything off and locked up. I briefly went out of the room to return some supplies elsewhere and when I came back he had turned off the power strip for the computer. Which was annoying because I had literally just told him I wasn't done in there.

Kinda difficult to avoid him when we're the only two people in the building and he bothers me with inane stuff. The secretary left early that day so I guess that's why he was particularly bothersome. If this is how he decides to be during deskwarming then I'm gonna just say screw it and work from home.

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4038 on: January 09, 2017, 09:45:30 AM »
Omg.  At my second school I can't lesson plan because when I try to save things on that computer it doesn't work.  The computer people all tried to fix it and no one could.  Now after I've come back to my main school I see that this one is doing the same thing and no one speaks English here to help me.  And even when my coteacher returns she's basically 100% useless and explaining it is gonna be a nightmare.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4039 on: January 09, 2017, 10:14:27 AM »
My rant: the new people who come on these threads and judge people based off one post which is part of a situation that has been going on for months  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Remember when that guy tried to berate me for "trying to get involved in office politics"? Lol

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment