November 19, 2017, 02:56:06 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 564325 times)

Offline Soggysocks

• Veteran
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #3880 on: January 05, 2017, 03:29:59 PM »
Korean soy sauce is sooooo salty. I've been making a lot of homemade sauces and dressings with soy sauce being the base, and I'm constantly having to make crazy adjustments because the salt levels are insane!

I miss Kikkoman. It's the little things that really make you homesick...

Unless Korea sells a low sodium soy sauce, and I just don't know about it because I don't know how to say low sodium in Korea....

No, no. Western food is salty.

Regardless of what is, or isn't salty, my peanut sauce isn't coming out the way I want it, and I'm pissed about it.

Offline beautia

• Explorer
« Reply #3881 on: January 05, 2017, 03:38:48 PM »
Korean soy sauce is sooooo salty. I've been making a lot of homemade sauces and dressings with soy sauce being the base, and I'm constantly having to make crazy adjustments because the salt levels are insane!

Unless Korea sells a low sodium soy sauce, and I just don't know about it because I don't know how to say low sodium in Korea....

Regardless of what is, or isn't salty, my peanut sauce isn't coming out the way I want it, and I'm pissed about it.

You can try adding some sugar to your sauce. Korean food has quite a bit of sugar in it and that's why Koreans think Western food is more salty than Korean food. Western savory food is not as "balanced" by sweetness and is therefore more prominently salty tasting.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #3882 on: January 05, 2017, 03:43:03 PM »
(euchre for anyone who cares)

(I care) I know it's possible to tweak the game for both three players and six players, but 5 is beyond my expertise. Not that that variation wouldn't be incredibly difficult to introduce to a group of beginners in the first place. I hope your camp is successful and a Korean euchre movement is born!

Offline Soggysocks

• Veteran
« Reply #3883 on: January 05, 2017, 03:51:12 PM »

You can try adding some sugar to your sauce. Korean food has quite a bit of sugar in it and that's why Koreans think Western food is more salty than Korean food. Western savory food is not as "balanced" by sweetness and is therefore more prominently salty tasting.

That's actually what I've been doing (but substituting honey or agave), but I'm trying to cut back on my sugar intake. I feel like I end up adding a lot just to make it edible. It always works out, but still an annoying first world problem, nonetheless.

Online Savant

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3884 on: January 05, 2017, 04:09:06 PM »
What the f*ck is up with all these old people loading up the subway cars with shopping bags?
It's not a delivery service. Take a taxi if you have all these goddamn bags littering the floors.

Offline keldule

• Waygookin
  • Mostly lurking
« Reply #3885 on: January 05, 2017, 05:12:04 PM »

You can get Kikkoman here! I saw some in the international food section at my local Lotte Mart.

Online Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #3886 on: January 05, 2017, 05:21:19 PM »

No reason to miss it.  It is sold here.

Check your local Costco.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3887 on: January 05, 2017, 06:27:08 PM »

No reason to miss it.  It is sold here.

Check your local Costco.

That's what I use.  Just tossed out an empty bottle yesterday.

Offline Aristocrat

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3888 on: January 06, 2017, 07:01:42 AM »
Nearly 18 months without getting sick and thanks to being around sick students for 2 pointless weeks of camp, I'm coming down with the flu... the day before my flight home for a 3 week holiday.
F#ck camp and whoever came up with the idea.

Offline Soggysocks

• Veteran
« Reply #3889 on: January 06, 2017, 07:35:15 AM »

You can get Kikkoman here! I saw some in the international food section at my local Lotte Mart.

OMG!! The whole time? THE WHOLE TIME?!!! (Thanks!)

Offline walrus

• Veteran
« Reply #3890 on: January 06, 2017, 07:43:03 AM »

OMG!! The whole time? THE WHOLE TIME?!!! (Thanks!)

Yeah, I've been buying Kikkoman soy here for the past 10 years. Usually have it at my local e-mart...

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3891 on: January 06, 2017, 07:49:02 AM »
Nearly 18 months without getting sick and thanks to being around sick students for 2 pointless weeks of camp, I'm coming down with the flu... the day before my flight home for a 3 week holiday.
F#ck camp and whoever came up with the idea.

Last time I went home I got assaulted with severe allergies. Not the same, I know, but it made for a miserable time that should otherwise have been great. Sick on holiday is no fun

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3892 on: January 06, 2017, 11:04:17 AM »
Why in the f*%k are kids rocking up at my camp 40 minutes early. I just finished first session and now I must babysit these little shits, in the 40 minutes I am to have had lunch, then go straight into 90 minutes of scheduled babysitting.. uh.. I mean camp. I don't want to spend an extra 40 minutes with them. I do not.

Also - Happy for you Whatgook. Happy and envious. Wishing you all the best.

I'm in the opposite boat. I have two CTs for camp.

My CT from last week showed up yesterday at 12:03 with a new student to fill in for one kid who wasn't going to come. My camp ends at 12:10.

I also had the game set up for 4 groups of 4 (16 kids). It required exactly 4 people to be played properly (euchre for anyone who cares). She then proceeded to yell at my other CT for not incorporating him into the game.

Like come fuckin' on. Really?

Yeah, I possibly may not have reacted well to that if it were me.

And why? Where is the common sense? Just where? My CT is the same. We were playing stick the face on the monster (pin the tail on the donkey revised). She looks at me putting glue on the eye that will be stuck on the monster with a clear face of mass confusion, she ask me why we are gluing it... well how the f**k else is it gonna stay on the monster face? How? The lack of common sense and forethought I have born witness to lately is just mind blowing... think goddamnit f**king think!!!!  Also, I asked for PAPER plates, paper plates, exactly like we got for the last camp...which I stated quite clearly, we get plastic plates,.... have you ever tried to use watercolors on plastic plates?

It is a bad day. I need wine man. So much wine.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #3893 on: January 06, 2017, 11:40:09 AM »
We were playing stick the face on the monster (pin the tail on the donkey revised). She looks at me putting glue on the eye that will be stuck on the monster with a clear face of mass confusion, she ask me why we are gluing it... well how the f**k else is it gonna stay on the monster face? How? The lack of common sense and forethought I have born witness to lately is just mind blowing... think goddamnit f**king think!!!! 

Wait, what? What? Maybe I'm imagining this all wrong, but wouldn't this mean that you will have hordes of little kids wandering around with glue sodden bits of paper sticking them to God knows what?

Wouldn't it make more sense to laminate the monster and just put a small loop of tape (or a strip of double sided tape) on the back of the face? That way the activity would be faster, repeatable, and farrrr less messy.

Offline emmas28

• Veteran
« Reply #3894 on: January 06, 2017, 01:34:59 PM »
User: Busan1.

Jerk.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3895 on: January 06, 2017, 01:54:04 PM »
^ Lol.

Admin. creep puts me on edge whenever he's nearby or tries to speak to me. Questions that are ordinary from anyone else are simply creepy from him.

No, you do not need to know if I'm going out tonight. Or tomorrow. Or ever. My personal time is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!! Get that through your thick skull!!  >:(

If my school gets a replacement for me when I'm done here, I'm definitely passing on a full warning about his past shenanigans.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3896 on: January 06, 2017, 02:43:52 PM »
We were playing stick the face on the monster (pin the tail on the donkey revised). She looks at me putting glue on the eye that will be stuck on the monster with a clear face of mass confusion, she ask me why we are gluing it... well how the f**k else is it gonna stay on the monster face? How? The lack of common sense and forethought I have born witness to lately is just mind blowing... think goddamnit f**king think!!!! 

Wait, what? What? Maybe I'm imagining this all wrong, but wouldn't this mean that you will have hordes of little kids wandering around with glue sodden bits of paper sticking them to God knows what?

Wouldn't it make more sense to laminate the monster and just put a small loop of tape (or a strip of double sided tape) on the back of the face? That way the activity would be faster, repeatable, and farrrr less messy.

Hahahaha, no. There is one "stick person" and 3 direction givers per face (group), so one kid gets a bit of paper glue (normal glue stick on his/her hands nothing a wet wipe can't cleanup), and yes, if I had wanted the activity to be repeatable I would have used magnets. I am not a noob. The craft is part of a project and continues through the whole ten day camp. Face, body, colors, clothes, etc..
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 02:47:59 PM by What?What? »
-A.A. Milne

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3897 on: January 06, 2017, 03:15:34 PM »
User: Busan1.

Jerk.

Oh, ok I just read through that thread. Wow. Busan 1. Yeah. Wow. Bit of an arse, yeah?
-A.A. Milne

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #3898 on: January 06, 2017, 07:31:07 PM »
Hahahaha, no. There is one "stick person" and 3 direction givers per face (group), so one kid gets a bit of paper glue (normal glue stick on his/her hands nothing a wet wipe can't cleanup), and yes, if I had wanted the activity to be repeatable I would have used magnets. I am not a noob. The craft is part of a project and continues through the whole ten day camp. Face, body, colors, clothes, etc..
Ah ok, that makes sense!
There are some crazy lesson plans on this site, so I thought I would just offer some unasked for suggestions:azn:

Offline kimchiyum

• Veteran
« Reply #3899 on: January 06, 2017, 10:18:05 PM »
^ Lol.

Admin. creep puts me on edge whenever he's nearby or tries to speak to me. Questions that are ordinary from anyone else are simply creepy from him.

No, you do not need to know if I'm going out tonight. Or tomorrow. Or ever. My personal time is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!! Get that through your thick skull!!  >:(

If my school gets a replacement for me when I'm done here, I'm definitely passing on a full warning about his past shenanigans.

You sound full-on obsessed with him. It's beyond creepy. What happened- did he pay you a compliment once? HOW DARE HE!!! You should learn to move on and not carry that negativity with you because it will eat you up.