October 20, 2017, 01:33:09 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 523411 times)

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #3660 on: December 22, 2016, 10:57:27 AM »

Also, some of my classes seem to be slowly going crazy. These are classes I normally like and are quiet, but now it's just...yeah, I don't know what's happening...

It happens every year at about this time. The kids are done with finals, and since the tests are all that matter in schools here, they're done with learning for the year as far as they're concerned. We still get to deal with them for a couple months, though, because it's against the law for anything to make sense here.

Middle school third graders don't even pretend to care anymore haha ~ nary a pen, textbook or workbook has crossed the threshold of my classrom in a week! Half of them aren't even bothering to wear their uniforms to school, either. It's pure anarchy
 :afro: :police:

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3661 on: December 22, 2016, 10:59:27 AM »

Also, some of my classes seem to be slowly going crazy. These are classes I normally like and are quiet, but now it's just...yeah, I don't know what's happening...

It happens every year at about this time. The kids are done with finals, and since the tests are all that matter in schools here, they're done with learning for the year as far as they're concerned. We still get to deal with them for a couple months, though, because it's against the law for anything to make sense here.

Middle school third graders don't even pretend to care anymore haha ~ nary a pen, textbook or workbook has crossed the threshold of my classrom in a week! Half of them aren't even bothering to wear their uniforms to school, either. It's pure anarchy
Thats the one good thing about having exams at the end at my school. They are still sort of paying attention, at least as much as normal.

Offline Mister Tim

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3662 on: December 22, 2016, 11:01:30 AM »

Yeah, I'm not even bothering with finishing the textbook with the 3rd graders. We're just doing "fun" lessons. They won't be my problem next year, after all.

It's a chore getting the 2nd graders to bring their books, though.

Offline waywardtimelord

• Adventurer
« Reply #3663 on: December 22, 2016, 11:02:22 AM »
When you let your student shove me, curse me out, and flip me off then have the nerve to refuse to remove him from my class because he's stronger than you and you're scared of him, that's when I mentally check out and play movies for the rest of the year.

These 6th graders scare me.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3664 on: December 22, 2016, 11:06:27 AM »
When you let your student shove me, curse me out, and flip me off then have the nerve to refuse to remove him from my class because he's stronger than you and you're scared of him, that's when I mentally check out and play movies for the rest of the year.

These 6th graders scare me.
Wow, 6th grader? I had a high schooler do that to me earlier this year because I took his phone from him. He broke a desk too before he stormed out. The school and teachers never did anything, but thankfully he plays hooky most of the time. He still scares me a bit though.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #3665 on: December 22, 2016, 11:45:37 AM »
Anyone have any success in ridding themselves of an online stalker, legally?

Legally it's usually pretty difficult

My boyfriend had a stalker and he just had to change all his contact info and scrub his online presence

And that got rid of you?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

yo I know this is a joke but it was a super traumatizing time for him and whenever he even sees the name of someone they know mutually he's off for an entire day
Much truth.

It's frightening, creepy, and just plain weird when some random grown adult won't simply just leave another alone, especially after being asked repeatedly.

One would think cyberspace is big enough for all to exist without fear of being stalked.

Offline tomoconnor89

• Adventurer
« Reply #3666 on: December 22, 2016, 11:53:16 AM »
Asked to teach three public school (epik) winter camps, back-to-back, at a week's notice. "You, alone" were the instructions. That's a whole lot of Mr Bean.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3667 on: December 22, 2016, 12:08:38 PM »
Much truth.

It's frightening, creepy, and just plain weird when some random grown adult won't simply just leave another alone, especially after being asked repeatedly.

One would think cyberspace is big enough for all to exist without fear of being stalked.

One time she called him 21 times in one day from a payphone because he'd blocked her cell number and her friends' cell numbers

Since changing it, literally maybe 5 people in the world have his phone number and he's super cautious about giving it out

Stalking ain't a joke. I hope that you manage to shake off whoever's harassing you, Pecan

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3668 on: December 22, 2016, 12:50:06 PM »
I woke up this morning and my BF had decorated the whole house all chrismassy because it is my favourite time of the year, but also especially hard being away from my family, and I have been doing Christmas crafts with all my classes, so I was having a good day. Today is 7 classes back to back, and in my 20 minutes to make myself lunch (right now), my CT and a bunch of teachers are having a big Christmas party in the kitchen. I know my one CT and I don't get along, but it does suck to be so blatantly excluded. I just walked out without making lunch.  Meh. And maybe this is just me being overly sensitive, but do they (CTs) even realise that this is a hard time for many of us being away from our families and friends?

Aarghh I'm just down and hungry.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3669 on: December 22, 2016, 01:35:42 PM »
And .... now she just decided that our camp lesson plan needs to change. Material list and plan is due today. It has to change now,  WTAF?
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3670 on: December 22, 2016, 02:31:55 PM »
Sooo lunch was a classic rice and spaghetti combo so I'm for sure on the pathway to diabetes.  AND the spaghetti sauce contained kiwi, which were clearly left over from the whole kiwis we were given yesterday.

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3671 on: December 22, 2016, 02:36:54 PM »
2 of the worst behaved 4th graders are coming to camp. Luckily there are only 10 total so hopefully they'll be better behaved, but I'm not going to tolerate any nonsense from them.

Next year I won't have a coteacher for 3rd and 4th grade so the homeroom teachers will try and be my coteachers. That's 8 new coteachers, and most of them barely speak English, and some not at all. I'm already stressed out about it.

Gmarket texted me and said my order had been shipped, but the site has said "shipping soon" for a week now. I raved about how fast shipping was but I take it all back.

But at least there's only 22 days, 9 hours, and 28 minutes until I'm on a plane home for break.

EDIT: I remembered the other thing I wanted to rant about. We ordered the supplies for camp and we spend about 20,000 on shipping, which was 1/5 of our budget. I wish we could have just gone to the store and bought what we needed but nope we had to order it online and pay the 2,500 shipping for each thing we ordered. Sigh.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 02:50:01 PM by flyingspider »

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #3672 on: December 22, 2016, 02:38:40 PM »
Made in New Zealand

Designed in Korea
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #3673 on: December 22, 2016, 02:38:40 PM »
I'm ****ing starving.  >:(

Cereal just isn't enough for breakfast anymore.

I like you, Chinguetti, I really do, but - cereal is never breakfast.

It's literally sugar lumps in glandular cow juice. Ew.

Makes a good dessert, though. But not substantial enough for your first meal.

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3674 on: December 22, 2016, 02:41:56 PM »
The squatters make sense for pooing, but if you're a lady and you need to urinate, it can be difficult to use the squatter and not get urine on your clothes.

I don't know, I don't have any problems with this.

I think the trick is to pull your pants/short down low enough, and then to squat low enough. Like, your butt should be down pretty close to your ankles.

As a woman I can confirm that it's pretty easy to pee squatting over a squatty, regular toilet, bush, cooler, stream or sewer grate. Believe in yourself and anything is possible.

Doesn't your stream sometimes go off in different directions?  Especially when wearing a tampon

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #3675 on: December 22, 2016, 02:47:44 PM »

Gmarket texted me and said my order had been shipped, but the site has said "shipping soon" for a week now. I raved about how fast shipping was but I take it all back.

What does the tracking information say? The system is automated, so you won't get the shipping notification text unless it also says shipping has started on the website / mobile version, too. If you check the tracking status, it should show you where your package is. If the site still says 'preparing shipment' after a week, though, you should contact the seller, or cancel your order, get the refund, and buy it from another seller.

But yeah - literally impossible to get the automated Gmarket shipping-has-begun text and have the website display something different.

I hope your package shows up soon!

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3676 on: December 22, 2016, 02:53:16 PM »

HEY!

Cereal has been my don't-have-enough-time-to-cook food since forever.

But yeah, it really doesn't do me over before lunch anymore. Either I'm going to have to start time-managing my mornings better so that I can cook a decent breakfast or I'm gonna have to start keeping a jar of nuts on my desk.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3677 on: December 22, 2016, 02:57:15 PM »
The squatters make sense for pooing, but if you're a lady and you need to urinate, it can be difficult to use the squatter and not get urine on your clothes.

I think the trick is to pull your pants/short down low enough, and then to squat low enough. Like, your butt should be down pretty close to your ankles.

As a woman I can confirm that it's pretty easy to pee squatting over a squatty, regular toilet, bush, cooler, stream or sewer grate. Believe in yourself and anything is possible.

Doesn't your stream sometimes go off in different directions?  Especially when wearing a tampon

... this might be a little too detailed for some, but I think when you squat low enough and with your legs far enough apart, things down there tend to get arranged in a way so that the stream is more predictably in a downward fashion.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3678 on: December 22, 2016, 03:17:59 PM »

... this might be a little too detailed for some, but I think when you squat low enough and with your legs far enough apart, things down there tend to get arranged in a way so that the stream is more predictably in a downward fashion.

+1

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #3679 on: December 22, 2016, 03:20:29 PM »

HEY!

Cereal has been my don't-have-enough-time-to-cook food since forever.

But yeah, it really doesn't do me over before lunch anymore. Either I'm going to have to start time-managing my mornings better so that I can cook a decent breakfast or I'm gonna have to start keeping a jar of nuts on my desk.

Almonds are on sale at HomePlus across the land, these days.

Also, boiled eggs are literally the best yum-yum of breakfast. Boil them, they keep in the fridge forever. Crack one of those suckers open and dump salt on it, make a giant cup of coffee, and baby, you've got a breakfast goin'.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment