September 22, 2017, 01:41:39 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 486193 times)

Offline gaelynwrites

• Veteran
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #3640 on: December 20, 2016, 09:59:31 AM »
Yes, I realize finals are over.

No, that doesn't meant classes are over.

Ugggggh.

I still have to teach lessons (review of everything they learned this year). But I don't even know if these lessons will take place. The homeroom teachers just get to decide if they want to send the kids over that day. So I have to prep for lessons I don't even know if I'll have. This will continue into February.

Online robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3641 on: December 20, 2016, 10:09:48 AM »
Co-teacher is a no-show but she's sick and preggo so fair enough. However, her computer is the only one connected to the TV and it's password protected. Book review it is, then.

Online Mister Tim

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3642 on: December 20, 2016, 10:13:31 AM »

Ugggggh.

I still have to teach lessons (review of everything they learned this year). But I don't even know if these lessons will take place. The homeroom teachers just get to decide if they want to send the kids over that day. So I have to prep for lessons I don't even know if I'll have. This will continue into February.

It isn't even a case of review lessons for me: My students didn't even finish the books. Some classes still had two full chapters to finish when finals came around. That's what happens when classes are constantly cancelled throughout the semester and the finals take place two months before the school year ends, I suppose.

I'll still have to teach most of these kids next year (if my contract is renewed and I'm not moved again, which sure would be nice to know right about now), so I'd like to make sure they've at least completed this year's material before starting the new books next year. Once they're done with the books we can start doing the "fun" lessons, or perhaps a movie day or two, but until then it'd be nice if they'd at least pretend like the school year isn't over just yet.

Offline What?What?

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3643 on: December 20, 2016, 10:24:27 AM »
I haven't finished all the books with my students, but I am so exhausted and over this year that my "good teacher" persona has left without so much as a goodbye and I do not care what I teach right now. In fact I would be quite happy to let the students just run rampant.

I was a great teacher all year and have been run into the ground with criticism and pettiness, I no longer give a flying ****
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3644 on: December 20, 2016, 10:24:46 AM »
Co-teacher is a no-show but she's sick and preggo so fair enough. However, her computer is the only one connected to the TV and it's password protected. Book review it is, then.

Under the keyboard?

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #3645 on: December 20, 2016, 10:25:14 AM »
Surely, everyone in your school knows the passwords to all the computers, no?

If not, the computer teacher will have it, at least.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3646 on: December 20, 2016, 10:27:50 AM »

Ugggggh.

It isn't even a case of review lessons for me: My students didn't even finish the books. Some classes still had two full chapters to finish when finals came around. That's what happens when classes are constantly cancelled throughout the semester and the finals take place two months before the school year ends, I suppose.

I'll still have to teach most of these kids next year (if my contract is renewed and I'm not moved again, which sure would be nice to know right about now), so I'd like to make sure they've at least completed this year's material before starting the new books next year. Once they're done with the books we can start doing the "fun" lessons, or perhaps a movie day or two, but until then it'd be nice if they'd at least pretend like the school year isn't over just yet.

+1110000000000000000000000000

You still dont know about renewals? That's tough. Do you have any idea when you'll know?

I'm desperate to know about my school situation, kids and teachers keep asking me and I sound like an idiot.
Maybe it would be a better use of the POE time to work on renewals instead of learning to see  ;D

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #3647 on: December 20, 2016, 10:29:34 AM »
Anyone have any success in ridding themselves of an online stalker, legally?

Online Mister Tim

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3648 on: December 20, 2016, 10:39:51 AM »

You still dont know about renewals? That's tough. Do you have any idea when you'll know?

I'm desperate to know about my school situation, kids and teachers keep asking me and I sound like an idiot.
Maybe it would be a better use of the POE time to work on renewals instead of learning to see  ;D

Nope, haven't heard a thing, and I have no idea when I will.

On the subject of good use of their time, two weeks ago, the POE told my CoT that I needed some follow-up tests for my health check. I had already had the tests at a different clinic in the past, so my CoT tried to call the office to let them know, and to see if they still wanted me to go get the tests again.

...and he tried, tried, and tried again, all day long. No answer. Nobody on the messenger service. There was literally nobody at the POE for an entire day. I don't know what they were all out doing, but I suspect it wasn't trying to finalize our renewals.

Incidentally, we went and had the tests done, since we weren't able to get a hold of the POE. The results were exactly the same as they were the last time I had the tests, and I knew they would be. That was time out of my day and money out of my pocket wasted, because the POE couldn't bother to leave someone at their office to answer phones at some point during a full workday.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3649 on: December 20, 2016, 10:51:12 AM »

Legally it's usually pretty difficult

My boyfriend had a stalker and he just had to change all his contact info and scrub his online presence

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3650 on: December 20, 2016, 10:54:54 AM »

My boyfriend had a stalker and he just had to change all his contact info and scrub his online presence

And that got rid of you?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline maximmm

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3651 on: December 22, 2016, 02:24:03 AM »
waygook took a break again  :huh:

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #3652 on: December 22, 2016, 09:55:11 AM »
Ready for this semester to be over, ready for this year to be over. Too many "life lessons" this year for my liking. Also this has been the least Christmassy Christmas ever...

Online kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3653 on: December 22, 2016, 10:06:30 AM »
Had two straight days of 9-5 desk warming while waygook was down :C I was so bored not being able to sit here and watch the drama unfold :'(

Online Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3654 on: December 22, 2016, 10:23:52 AM »

Ugggggh.

I heard that where I am, people don't find out about renewals until January. :o

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3655 on: December 22, 2016, 10:28:52 AM »
There was an extra class the other day during which my coT "taught" by herself from the book/CD. She kept pronouncing "photographer" incorrectly. I wanted to correct this and not make her "lose face" in front of the class but when I approached her and told her the correct pronunciation she just smiled and nodded and didn't do squat. Next time I'm just going to interrupt and correct it without concern for her face. (She was going rapid fire through the book/CD so there wasn't opportunity for telling her without interruption)

This from the coT who emphasizes focus on speaking with disregard to reading/writing (she has literally told me, "the students can't read!" multiple times in response to text being on the ppts even though the words are vocab from the lesson. Then of course a student or few read the text aloud, proving her wrong  :rolleyes:). The same coT who likes to repeatedly tell me to "help the students" and "show the students how to ____" while diddling around on the computer and doing nothing to help the class herself.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 10:30:49 AM by yirj17 »

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3656 on: December 22, 2016, 10:42:52 AM »
I'm ****ing starving.  >:(

Cereal just isn't enough for breakfast anymore.

Offline Conner42

• Adventurer
« Reply #3657 on: December 22, 2016, 10:45:40 AM »
Sure, kids, play the same song over and over again in the office. That won't get annoying anytime soon.

Actually, they might be different songs, I'm not sure. They're in the same style and they use the same 4 chords throughout, so...oi -_-(No, not the chords from that Axis of Awesome video)

Well, that's my awkward entrance into this thread.

Also, some of my classes seem to be slowly going crazy. These are classes I normally like and are quiet, but now it's just...yeah, I don't know what's happening...
Remember: KEU-RAY-EUN-POP

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3658 on: December 22, 2016, 10:47:43 AM »

And that got rid of you?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

yo I know this is a joke but it was a super traumatizing time for him and whenever he even sees the name of someone they know mutually he's off for an entire day

Online Mister Tim

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3659 on: December 22, 2016, 10:48:44 AM »

Also, some of my classes seem to be slowly going crazy. These are classes I normally like and are quiet, but now it's just...yeah, I don't know what's happening...

It happens every year at about this time. The kids are done with finals, and since the tests are all that matter in schools here, they're done with learning for the year as far as they're concerned. We still get to deal with them for a couple months, though, because it's against the law for anything to make sense here.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment