November 19, 2017, 08:14:33 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 564584 times)

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #3580 on: December 23, 2016, 07:36:41 AM »
The squatters make sense for pooing, but if you're a lady and you need to urinate, it can be difficult to use the squatter and not get urine on your clothes.

I don't know, I don't have any problems with this.

I think the trick is to pull your pants/short down low enough, and then to squat low enough. Like, your butt should be down pretty close to your ankles.

As a woman I can confirm that it's pretty easy to pee squatting over a squatty, regular toilet, bush, cooler, stream or sewer grate. Believe in yourself and anything is possible.

Doesn't your stream sometimes go off in different directions?  Especially when wearing a tampon

... this might be a little too detailed for some, but I think when you squat low enough and with your legs far enough apart, things down there tend to get arranged in a way so that the stream is more predictably in a downward fashion.

+1
How do you spread your legs far enough with pants around your ankles?
And if I squatted any lower, I'm sure the stream would probably start aiming upwards (joke)! I've peed on my clothes twice already, I don't have enough faith in your tips to try this again.
How would one urinate on themselves from this position?

I don't get it.
On the pants! The red pants in the picture. This is the perfect angle to get pee all over those pants.
Unless you shift the balance way forward, in which case this is an issue of balance and flexibility, and I will never be able to do it drunk anyway.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 07:43:50 AM by Ajahya »

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3581 on: December 23, 2016, 07:38:29 AM »
peanut butter on toast (well, sandwiches here, as I don't have a toaster / place for a toaster)

Use a pan on the stove top, though it requires more diligent attention.

I'm never awake enough in the mornings to give the diligent attention it would require. :P

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3582 on: December 23, 2016, 07:51:19 AM »
And if I squatted any lower, I'm sure the stream would probably start aiming upwards (joke)! I've peed on my clothes twice already, I don't have enough faith in your tips to try this again.
You only pull your pants down to your knees

Then squat, and since your but should be below your knees, you're golden. I used to think you'd have to pull them down to your ankles, too, and couldn't fathom how it was possible to use a squat toilet without soiling yourself. But to your knees it's really easy.

I totally thought I was going to pee all over my pants,  but I never have. I promise Ajahya

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3583 on: December 23, 2016, 08:00:01 AM »

Basically what moonbrie says. xD

A lot of ladies I've met had a problem with not pulling their shorts or pants down to at least knee or slightly below knee level. It seems to be the opposite in your case where you're pulling them down way too low.

The other thing is you have to be squatted back enough that you're resting on the flats of your feet. If you find yourself sitting on your toes, you may be hunched too forward (which would then put you in a prime angle for soiling your clothes). If you lack the balance and flexibility to do this, you can hold onto the walls or whatever for support.

Online Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #3584 on: December 23, 2016, 08:06:28 AM »
The squatters make sense for pooing, but if you're a lady and you need to urinate, it can be difficult to use the squatter and not get urine on your clothes.

I don't know, I don't have any problems with this.

I think the trick is to pull your pants/short down low enough, and then to squat low enough. Like, your butt should be down pretty close to your ankles.

As a woman I can confirm that it's pretty easy to pee squatting over a squatty, regular toilet, bush, cooler, stream or sewer grate. Believe in yourself and anything is possible.

Doesn't your stream sometimes go off in different directions?  Especially when wearing a tampon

... this might be a little too detailed for some, but I think when you squat low enough and with your legs far enough apart, things down there tend to get arranged in a way so that the stream is more predictably in a downward fashion.

+1
How would one urinate on themselves from this position?

I don't get it.
On the pants! The red pants in the picture. This is the perfect angle to get pee all over those pants.
Unless you shift the balance way forward, in which case this is an issue of balance and flexibility, and I will never be able to do it drunk anyway.
If your urine is shooting forward from that position, you need to visit a urologist ASAP.

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3585 on: December 23, 2016, 08:30:10 AM »
Here's my annual EPIK contract renewal signing rant:

Maybe I'm old fashioned (or just old) but is it too much to expect NETS to wear smart clothes when they're meeting their employer?  It seems so.  Don't wear a suit (not appropriate) but looking around, most people were in jeans/sweatpants, a tshirt and trainers. 

So many people had opened their medical check results (after they had received them in a sealed envelope obviously).  So that led to the RIDICULOUS situation of the coordinator asking them things like "Did your CT see you open the envelope?"  In the end, so many people had opened them I think she just couldn't be bothered to deal with it and let it go.  So I guess that makes a complete mockery of the tests.  I'll just fake mine next time and save a load of cash.

People just waltzing in an hour late and not apologising.  "Where's my contract?" was the first thing out of one guy's mouth.  You're an hour late, are you taking the piss?

Of the process as a whole:  signing the contract before finding out where you'll be teaching is infuriating.  I don't know about anyone else but I renew my contract because I like my school/apartment/area and I've been confident about my chances of staying here.  If I knew I was moving it would probably have a big affect on my decision to renew (ie. I probably wouldn't bother).

Online Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #3586 on: December 23, 2016, 09:05:15 AM »
Same here.

What some think as acceptable is quite shocking.

I mean, they may well be fine teachers, but seriously...bathe, shave, put on some clean "smart casual" attire and exercise some polite manners for f'sake.

I don't get it.

Is it a millennial thing? A poverty thing?

Offline Mister Tim

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3587 on: December 23, 2016, 09:11:12 AM »
Whoa wait a minute, NETs in your province go to some sort of meeting with the POE to get their contracts? Weird.

Also: Whoa wait a minute, your POE already has their contracts ready? Weird.

I'm still fully in the dark. Hooray!

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3588 on: December 23, 2016, 09:13:09 AM »
Here's my annual EPIK contract renewal signing rant:

Maybe I'm old fashioned (or just old) but is it too much to expect NETS to wear smart clothes when they're meeting their employer?  It seems so.  Don't wear a suit (not appropriate) but looking around, most people were in jeans/sweatpants, a tshirt and trainers. 

So many people had opened their medical check results (after they had received them in a sealed envelope obviously).  So that led to the RIDICULOUS situation of the coordinator asking them things like "Did your CT see you open the envelope?"  In the end, so many people had opened them I think she just couldn't be bothered to deal with it and let it go.  So I guess that makes a complete mockery of the tests.  I'll just fake mine next time and save a load of cash.

People just waltzing in an hour late and not apologising.  "Where's my contract?" was the first thing out of one guy's mouth.  You're an hour late, are you taking the piss?

Of the process as a whole:  signing the contract before finding out where you'll be teaching is infuriating.  I don't know about anyone else but I renew my contract because I like my school/apartment/area and I've been confident about my chances of staying here. If I knew I was moving it would probably have a big affect on my decision to renew (ie. I probably wouldn't bother).

Agreed, the most infuriating things about these contracts is the uncertainty of the location, especially after being here a few years, we still have no way to ensure that we can stay in a school and neighborhood that we've built a relationship with? Ugh, extremely frustrating.

Though your last sentence is probably why they do it, if they informed us beforehand many people would probably nope on out of here if they were transferred to an undesirable location/school. I know I would... Signing first more or less guarantees that all schools who want a NET, get a NET, I guess.

Also it sounds like you have a big renewal meetup? Do all the NETS where you are sign their contracts and get their medical results together?  :huh:

In my case my school just hands me the contract one random morning and I sign and it's business as usual...

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #3589 on: December 23, 2016, 09:13:44 AM »
Subconscious effort to reduce the focus of society from appearance to content. Maybe.

I didn't know we had so many fashionistas here.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Online Aristocrat

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3590 on: December 23, 2016, 09:23:38 AM »
Same here.

What some think as acceptable is quite shocking.

I mean, they may well be fine teachers, but seriously...bathe, shave, put on some clean "smart casual" attire and exercise some polite manners for f'sake.

I don't get it.

Is it a millennial thing? A poverty thing?

I see the same folks at my renewal and it gets progressively worse. One lady arrived looking like a complete hobo, she attempted to compensate for her appearance by sucking up to every Korean in sight. The worst was one chap who came to his renewal wearing Jordans, a puffy jacket, a baseball cap and beats headphones around his neck.

The lady in question was pushing 40 and the guy looked in his mid twenties, so I wouldn't say a millennial thing.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3591 on: December 23, 2016, 09:32:47 AM »
I didn't bring my knitting glasses to school so I have to attempt to knit with my eyes closed so I don't feel sick. Fun. Plus, I'm definitely not going to finish this scarf today.

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3592 on: December 23, 2016, 09:36:21 AM »
Subconscious effort to reduce the focus of society from appearance to content. Maybe.

I didn't know we had so many fashionistas here.

Although that sentiment is admirable, it's still a professional setting and I don't think it's too oppressive to expect smart clothes.  They can "stick it to the man" as much as they like outside of work  :wink:

Also it sounds like you have a big renewal meetup? Do all the NETS where you are sign their contracts and get their medical results together?  :huh:

Yeah it's kind of like a mini orientation where we all sign our contracts and submit our health checks.  We also get given any relevant information for the coming year like changes in the contract, optional programs we can sign up for etc.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3593 on: December 23, 2016, 09:39:47 AM »
The teacher who never wears headphones is now watching a bowling...game? match?... video and it's so loud.  :cry:

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3594 on: December 23, 2016, 09:44:29 AM »
Almonds are on sale at HomePlus across the land, these days.

Also, boiled eggs are literally the best yum-yum of breakfast. Boil them, they keep in the fridge forever. Crack one of those suckers open and dump salt on it, make a giant cup of coffee, and baby, you've got a breakfast goin'.

Call me spoiled, but I don't like boiled eggs more than a day old because they take on a rubbery texture that everyone says I'm imagining but I swear does exist. I also prefer eggs poached in broth and placed on toast. Doesn't take long to make, but I literally leave myself with zero time to cook anything most mornings these days.

I hate boiled eggs in general, but if I really have to eat them, I will only eat them within a half-hour of being boiled. After that, no. Also, I know what you're talking about with the rubbery texture thing the next day. I hate that, too, haha.

But in terms of making yourself something to eat, I do find that boiled eggs are the easiest to fit into the mornings. I occasionally have them for breakfast and I boil them while I get dressed / dry my hair / do my make-up. I eat it on my commute to work LOL and then I have coffee when I get to school.

I am super fussy about eggs, I am vegetarian so am especially picky about something like that.  Especially boiled eggs, the rubbery bit is really off putting.  I won't eat boiled eggs given to me by anyone else.  I never buy the cheap eggs in the supermarket, only the free range ones.  Those black-coloured eggs? not on your life.  My own poached eggs with fried mushrooms?  Oh yeh!

That's what I bought in my home country.  I would like to here but I can't tell which ones are free range/organic/etc.  All the different varieties appear to be roughly the same price.  Where do you find yours here?

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3595 on: December 23, 2016, 09:52:45 AM »
On the subject of eggs - Friday is my weekly shop, so tonight will I discover that prices have doubled because of Bird Flu and a shortage of eggs?

Anyone noticed a price increase yet?

Offline maximmm

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3596 on: December 23, 2016, 09:57:14 AM »
On the subject of eggs - Friday is my weekly shop, so tonight will I discover that prices have doubled because of Bird Flu and a shortage of eggs?

Anyone noticed a price increase yet?

I buy eggs directly from the flu infected farms for half the cost - no price hike in sight!

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3597 on: December 23, 2016, 09:57:51 AM »
Agreed, the most infuriating things about these contracts is the uncertainty of the location, especially after being here a few years, we still have no way to ensure that we can stay in a school and neighborhood that we've built a relationship with? Ugh, extremely frustrating.

Though your last sentence is probably why they do it, if they informed us beforehand many people would probably nope on out of here if they were transferred to an undesirable location/school. I know I would... Signing first more or less guarantees that all schools who want a NET, get a NET, I guess.

Yeah that's a good point and is probably why they do it.

Unfortunately though I have no qualms about immediately giving my two months' notice if I move and my new school/location is terrible. 

^ This situation could be avoided if everyone knew where they would be before signing.  I don't think that would mess up their recruitment timeline too much would it?

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3598 on: December 23, 2016, 10:00:25 AM »
I've found I don't really care for hard boiled eggs anymore. Soft boiled eggs all the way!

I prefer free range though I can't be certain that's what I'm getting. The eggs I buy are labeled as from my county and I've seen chickens milling about as they please in the countryside... so I'd like to think that's how the egg producers generally live.

At any rate, the eggs look and taste like free range eggs I had back home.

Online Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #3599 on: December 23, 2016, 10:03:46 AM »
If the newspapers are accurate, it's not so much a shortage of eggs, as it is hoarding that is causing the price increase (suppliers and distributors are manipulating supply to earn more on the backs of the trapped Korean consumer).

Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Made Russian butter balls (no eggs) and used flak seed substitute for other Christmas cookies, worked great.