September 25, 2017, 08:11:35 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 489460 times)

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #3580 on: December 15, 2016, 05:16:44 PM »
Pop song contest today. Was looking forward to watching the 3rd graders do their thing. Of course, this had to be ruined since the 1st graders were invited to sit on mats at the very back of the auditorium, which meant constant ****ing chattering. They are the worst.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3581 on: December 15, 2016, 05:24:46 PM »
I work at a high school and I DO NOT UNDERSTAND how the girls still manage to get pee all over the toilet seat or know how to flush. It was annoying at an elementary school, but I couldn't really fault them because it could have been a first grader or something where they are still kind of new to it. But high school? For crying out loud.

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3582 on: December 15, 2016, 05:53:38 PM »
because the girls won't sit down on the seat. they hover over it.

if you ever go to an outdoor music festival and the porta-potties have pee all over the seats - chances are it's girls who did it, not guy.

if you are going to hover over the seat lift the damn thing up!

the flushing thing i've just given up on. grown adults here don't seem to understand the intricacies of how to flush a toilet. or close a door. apparently such complicated tasks elude the majority of the korean population. highest PISA test scores in the world guys!

Online Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #3583 on: December 15, 2016, 06:09:34 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure most families don't flush the toilet in their apartment, but once a day.

Not sure if it is to save water or if it is an old habit from back before they had flush toilets and would simply crap in a bucket and leave it out every night for the poop collectors.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3584 on: December 15, 2016, 06:12:36 PM »

if you ever go to an outdoor music festival and the porta-potties have pee all over the seats - chances are it's girls who did it, not guy.

the flushing thing i've just given up on. grown adults here don't seem to understand the intricacies of how to flush a toilet. or close a door. apparently such complicated tasks elude the majority of the korean population. highest PISA test scores in the world guys!
Then they should use the squatty potties that are there!  :cry: :cry: My school has both options and plenty of them, so its not like they are going to have to wait to use that. That means they are consciously choosing the western toilet and just hovering.

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3585 on: December 16, 2016, 09:45:42 AM »

Then they should use the squatty potties that are there!  :cry: :cry: My school has both options and plenty of them, so its not like they are going to have to wait to use that. That means they are consciously choosing the western toilet and just hovering.
The squatters make sense for pooing, but if you're a lady and you need to urinate, it can be difficult to use the squatter and not get urine on your clothes.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3586 on: December 16, 2016, 10:02:40 AM »
The squatters make sense for pooing, but if you're a lady and you need to urinate, it can be difficult to use the squatter and not get urine on your clothes.

I don't know, I don't have any problems with this.

I think the trick is to pull your pants/short down low enough, and then to squat low enough. Like, your butt should be down pretty close to your ankles.

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3587 on: December 16, 2016, 10:04:10 AM »
-10 and still no heat in my classroom.

At what point should I refuse to work?

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3588 on: December 16, 2016, 10:36:48 AM »
When you have food in your mouth and then you suddenly have to sneeze and there's no stopping it.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3589 on: December 16, 2016, 10:39:00 AM »
When you have food in your mouth and then you suddenly have to sneeze and there's no stopping it.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3590 on: December 16, 2016, 10:46:40 AM »

I think the trick is to pull your pants/short down low enough, and then to squat low enough. Like, your butt should be down pretty close to your ankles.

As a woman I can confirm that it's pretty easy to pee squatting over a squatty, regular toilet, bush, cooler, stream or sewer grate. Believe in yourself and anything is possible.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3591 on: December 16, 2016, 10:54:09 AM »

Guys, no, that's not the secret! I was told the secret by a friend back towards the beginning of this year and since I have been peeing and pooping with confidence over squat toilets.

You only pull your pants down to your knees

Then squat, and since your but should be below your knees, you're golden. I used to think you'd have to pull them down to your ankles, too, and couldn't fathom how it was possible to use a squat toilet without soiling yourself. But to your knees it's really easy.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3592 on: December 16, 2016, 11:00:12 AM »

Guys, no, that's not the secret! I was told the secret by a friend back towards the beginning of this year and since I have been peeing and pooping with confidence over squat toilets.

You only pull your pants down to your knees

Then squat, and since your but should be below your knees, you're golden. I used to think you'd have to pull them down to your ankles, too, and couldn't fathom how it was possible to use a squat toilet without soiling yourself. But to your knees it's really easy.
Yep! Learned that one in Vietnam.

Yet they still can't pee right with a western toilet.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 11:17:03 AM by HaLo3 »

Offline KirbyFan112

• Veteran
« Reply #3593 on: December 16, 2016, 11:02:18 AM »
Why does my school want to teach the book after exams?
 Students don't want to study and aren't interested. Isn't it "American Cinema Appreciation Time?" My contract ends in two weeks so I don't give a **** anymore.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3594 on: December 16, 2016, 11:07:03 AM »
My elem. coT likes reviewing the book after exams. At least she supports one class going toward a Christmas lesson though. Still, be nice if I could just do fun classes. I'm the one preparing everything after all.

In my middle schools they understand and encourage me to have fun classes post-exams.

Offline Aristocrat

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3595 on: December 16, 2016, 11:22:46 AM »
 Students don't want to study and aren't interested. Isn't it "American Cinema Appreciation Time?" My contract ends in two weeks so I don't give a **** anymore.

There's a way to make even this fun and exciting.

I introduce the Key Expression, very briefly. Then I line up a few magnets on the board (about 7), and write movie underneath them. Let's say the Key Expressions are "What are you going to do tomorrow?", "I'm going to (verb) (noun)", then I'll pick a student and ask, "What are you going to do tomorrow?", the the student responds and I remove a magnet. That student picks another student and asks them, student B has to answer correctly (remove another magnet if they do) and so on.

Don't let them ask the same students and make them use different verbs and nouns. If they get it wrong, add a magnet.

Once all magnets are removed, play the movie.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3596 on: December 16, 2016, 11:30:55 AM »

Yeah, fat chance that I'm having anything to do with the book after exams. It's a suicide mission.

Offline KirbyFan112

• Veteran
« Reply #3597 on: December 16, 2016, 12:37:34 PM »

There's a way to make even this fun and exciting.

I introduce the Key Expression, very briefly. Then I line up a few magnets on the board (about 7), and write movie underneath them. Let's say the Key Expressions are "What are you going to do tomorrow?", "I'm going to (verb) (noun)", then I'll pick a student and ask, "What are you going to do tomorrow?", the the student responds and I remove a magnet. That student picks another student and asks them, student B has to answer correctly (remove another magnet if they do) and so on.

Don't let them ask the same students and make them use different verbs and nouns. If they get it wrong, add a magnet.

Once all magnets are removed, play the movie.

Great suggestion, but not sure I can do this, my students are 10. I ask them "How are you today" and they say "It's sunny!"

Not only do we have to do the book, at my visiting school I have to do two sections in the same class. Are you ****ing kidding me? Also, my students are from a very low income area, so they don't give a flying **** about English.

It's 29 degrees in the hallway. Two more weeks before I'm at a tropical paradise and getting the taste of kimchi out of my mouth.

Offline Savant

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3598 on: December 16, 2016, 06:06:22 PM »
B1tch old ajumma gets off the subway. I'm standing waiting for the next one that goes my way and she just plants her duty free bags at my feet and then goes for a sit down. Too right, I'm going to cut her off if she tries to edge on in front of me.

Edit: Get on the subway together and she plants her bags on the already massive pile of duty free bags on the floor inside. Way to create a f*cking safety hazard.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 06:10:55 PM by Savant »

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3599 on: December 17, 2016, 12:56:21 PM »
Carrying on the subway theme...

Why don't people take their backpacks off their backs when travelling on the subway when it's busy?

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment