November 22, 2017, 08:52:53 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 569025 times)

Offline WheresMyCoffee

• Adventurer
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #3400 on: December 15, 2016, 12:21:42 PM »
LoL gets me every time when rants are ended with sparkling...

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3401 on: December 15, 2016, 12:23:00 PM »
I was originally supposed to do 2 days of camp at my 2nd school and 2 weeks of 0 budget "vacation class" at my main school.  That's a lot, but alright. Now my 0 budget class got changed to 12 days because, "oh, you only have 2 days of camp one week? WORK MORE"

How do people even get deskwarming days? What am I supposed to do for 12 days with no budget? I feel sorry for students....

Movies, dodgeball, youtube videos of wii dance, and sing along songs, duck duck goose.

Yeah I've never had a budget and I had like 15 camp days last semester.  Just bs ppt games and board games and movies.  I wouldn't know what to do with a budget and would probably just suggest they put it towards toilet paper.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3402 on: December 15, 2016, 12:29:00 PM »
I was originally supposed to do 2 days of camp at my 2nd school and 2 weeks of 0 budget "vacation class" at my main school.  That's a lot, but alright. Now my 0 budget class got changed to 12 days because, "oh, you only have 2 days of camp one week? WORK MORE"

How do people even get deskwarming days? What am I supposed to do for 12 days with no budget? I feel sorry for students....

Movies, dodgeball, youtube videos of wii dance, and sing along songs, duck duck goose.

Yeah I've never had a budget and I had like 15 camp days last semester.  Just bs ppt games and board games and movies.  I wouldn't know what to do with a budget and would probably just suggest they put it towards toilet paper.
Always a worthwhile suggestion. My school gets these HUGE deliveries of TP twice a month, and even on the day of delivery and day after there is none in the stalls. I have no idea where it all goes.

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3403 on: December 15, 2016, 12:38:05 PM »
I put off some Christmas present stuff too long and now it's stressful and I thought my boyfriend was mad at me but he wasn't and  :cry: :cry: :cry:

I understand why people hate Christmas

Moonbrie, you're going to make my head explode soon  :laugh:

Just joking  :wink:

Offline jomi

• Veteran
« Reply #3404 on: December 15, 2016, 01:51:50 PM »
More moaning about camp :)

So my KTs didn't tell me anything about camp until I nagged them to two weeks ago, when they told me on the Friday how they would split the age groups by level, when the camp is, and what they expect me to teach, which includes a week of phonics (2 phonics lessons a day, 1 lesson of grammar, 1 lesson of movies which is the only thing the KT arranges) and two weeks of mixed grammar, reading (I'm not sure how to do a 40 minute guided read with low level students but ok) and reviews of the textbook lessons we did in summer camp because my KTs don't want to make any new materials.

We have a week left until vacation. I still don't have the grammar textbook I'm supposed to be using and 2 of the KTs that will do Camp with me have not spoken to me at all about what we will do. I have 10 phonics sessions planned, activities for the two weeks of text book review planned with no mention of the textbook itself because I have no idea if the KTs intend to give the students workbooks and no grammar sessions because I don't have any idea what I'm expected to do for the grammar sessions because I don't have the book the camp leader wants me to use.

None of my KTs seem to give a shit about getting the camp plans probably because they barely look at plans for our regular classes. I have had no mention of a budget or what room I will be in. Or how many kids in each class.

Tdlr; expected to plan and create all the materials for 3 weeks of camp with no information given at all until all I had was about 2 weeks to plan it, where I am of course offered no help at all with either planning or materials and haven't gotten all the textbooks the school wants me to use. Have to plan on the assumption I will have no budget, no touch screen, an unknown number of children and absolutely no assistance from co teachers what so ever even when teaching students who don't know the alphabet.

-_- luckily I'm used to KTs that do naff all as I lead the class but I have slipped in some slightly passive aggressive notes in the plans about what the KTs role should be in the classroom. Spoilers: it's not checking kakakao and staring into space

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3405 on: December 15, 2016, 01:55:11 PM »
I put off some Christmas present stuff too long and now it's stressful and I thought my boyfriend was mad at me but he wasn't and  :cry: :cry: :cry:

Moonbrie, you're going to make my head explode soon  :laugh:

Just joking  :wink:

Gotta keep the mystery alive or you all will get bored of me  :P

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3406 on: December 15, 2016, 01:57:15 PM »

...didn't you have a girlfriend last time? Do you have both?! I mean, totally cool if you do. Meanwhile, I can't even get a text back.  :cry:

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3407 on: December 15, 2016, 02:04:29 PM »

...didn't you have a girlfriend last time? Do you have both?! I mean, totally cool if you do. Meanwhile, I can't even get a text back.  :cry:

You'll find your dreamboat, Ajahya!

I usually struggle just to get a second date. It's luck, I tell you!

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3408 on: December 15, 2016, 03:16:44 PM »
Pop song contest today. Was looking forward to watching the 3rd graders do their thing. Of course, this had to be ruined since the 1st graders were invited to sit on mats at the very back of the auditorium, which meant constant ****ing chattering. They are the worst.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3409 on: December 15, 2016, 03:24:46 PM »
I work at a high school and I DO NOT UNDERSTAND how the girls still manage to get pee all over the toilet seat or know how to flush. It was annoying at an elementary school, but I couldn't really fault them because it could have been a first grader or something where they are still kind of new to it. But high school? For crying out loud.

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3410 on: December 15, 2016, 03:53:38 PM »
because the girls won't sit down on the seat. they hover over it.

if you ever go to an outdoor music festival and the porta-potties have pee all over the seats - chances are it's girls who did it, not guy.

if you are going to hover over the seat lift the damn thing up!

the flushing thing i've just given up on. grown adults here don't seem to understand the intricacies of how to flush a toilet. or close a door. apparently such complicated tasks elude the majority of the korean population. highest PISA test scores in the world guys!

Online Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #3411 on: December 15, 2016, 04:09:34 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure most families don't flush the toilet in their apartment, but once a day.

Not sure if it is to save water or if it is an old habit from back before they had flush toilets and would simply crap in a bucket and leave it out every night for the poop collectors.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3412 on: December 15, 2016, 04:12:36 PM »

if you ever go to an outdoor music festival and the porta-potties have pee all over the seats - chances are it's girls who did it, not guy.

the flushing thing i've just given up on. grown adults here don't seem to understand the intricacies of how to flush a toilet. or close a door. apparently such complicated tasks elude the majority of the korean population. highest PISA test scores in the world guys!
Then they should use the squatty potties that are there!  :cry: :cry: My school has both options and plenty of them, so its not like they are going to have to wait to use that. That means they are consciously choosing the western toilet and just hovering.

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3413 on: December 16, 2016, 07:45:42 AM »

Then they should use the squatty potties that are there!  :cry: :cry: My school has both options and plenty of them, so its not like they are going to have to wait to use that. That means they are consciously choosing the western toilet and just hovering.
The squatters make sense for pooing, but if you're a lady and you need to urinate, it can be difficult to use the squatter and not get urine on your clothes.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3414 on: December 16, 2016, 08:02:40 AM »
The squatters make sense for pooing, but if you're a lady and you need to urinate, it can be difficult to use the squatter and not get urine on your clothes.

I don't know, I don't have any problems with this.

I think the trick is to pull your pants/short down low enough, and then to squat low enough. Like, your butt should be down pretty close to your ankles.

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3415 on: December 16, 2016, 08:04:10 AM »
-10 and still no heat in my classroom.

At what point should I refuse to work?

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3416 on: December 16, 2016, 08:36:48 AM »
When you have food in your mouth and then you suddenly have to sneeze and there's no stopping it.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3417 on: December 16, 2016, 08:39:00 AM »
When you have food in your mouth and then you suddenly have to sneeze and there's no stopping it.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3418 on: December 16, 2016, 08:46:40 AM »

I think the trick is to pull your pants/short down low enough, and then to squat low enough. Like, your butt should be down pretty close to your ankles.

As a woman I can confirm that it's pretty easy to pee squatting over a squatty, regular toilet, bush, cooler, stream or sewer grate. Believe in yourself and anything is possible.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3419 on: December 16, 2016, 08:54:09 AM »

Guys, no, that's not the secret! I was told the secret by a friend back towards the beginning of this year and since I have been peeing and pooping with confidence over squat toilets.

You only pull your pants down to your knees

Then squat, and since your but should be below your knees, you're golden. I used to think you'd have to pull them down to your ankles, too, and couldn't fathom how it was possible to use a squat toilet without soiling yourself. But to your knees it's really easy.