September 20, 2017, 12:27:58 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 481844 times)

Offline WheresMyCoffee

• Adventurer
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #3380 on: December 12, 2016, 10:01:49 AM »
8:20 and I'm already annoyed.

Someone (my CT I suspect) has cleaned the whiteboard in my classroom with something and now it's ruined. 

Yay.

Oh. My. Goodness.

I hate it when that happens. It ALWAYS happened to me before. And then the whiteboard won't erase and you get a smudgy, greasy mess.

Yep  :sad:

No doubt I'll get blamed for it too  :rolleyes:

Most likley their combination cleaning method of magic eraser and 3M spray sticky solvent remover crap.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3381 on: December 12, 2016, 10:05:44 AM »
Went for my haircut today and though the hairdresser can cut ok (slightly better than the other ones in my city), she styles my hair like sh*t.

At least that style looks decent. You could have received the window-licker bowl-cut that seems to be all the rage with the boys in my area.

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3382 on: December 12, 2016, 10:07:49 AM »
Went for my haircut today and though the hairdresser can cut ok (slightly better than the other ones in my city), she styles my hair like sh*t.

At least that style looks decent. You could have received the window-licker bowl-cut that seems to be all the rage with the boys in my area.

I went to a wedding on the weekend.  The groom, who was 36 years old, was sporting the "Window-licker", as it shall henceforth be known.

If the purpose was to make the bride look better, he succeeded.

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3383 on: December 12, 2016, 10:09:06 AM »

Someone (my CT I suspect) has cleaned the whiteboard in my classroom with something and now it's ruined. 

Yay.

Oh. My. Goodness.

I hate it when that happens. It ALWAYS happened to me before. And then the whiteboard won't erase and you get a smudgy, greasy mess.

My school bought a bunch of cheap "white board cleaner" and it smells like pure rubbing alcohol. Sure enough, after a few uses my boards are now almost impossible to erase. A good white board is supposed to have a thin coating of wax or oil so they are easy to erase. Alcohol completely strips it of that. I read somewhere that a light misting of WD-40 sprayed and then rubbed on the board might restore it a bit. I have a small can at home, I might try it on a corner of the board and see if it works, then tell the school to do it themselves because I'm not going to pay for all that, and then wait for months while they try and find $20 petty cash to get it done.

I miss chalk.

At least none of my current schools use liquid chalk. That stuff is garbage.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #3384 on: December 12, 2016, 10:12:58 AM »
Why can't I paste text into HWP? I copy an excerpt from a webpage, ctrl v in HWP and NOTHING.
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3385 on: December 12, 2016, 10:19:30 AM »
I have to wait until the 28th to see Rogue One!!! C'mon, that's like 2 weeks after the premiere in Slovakia and Cambodia and everywhere else in the bloody world. FFS This does not make me happy.  I was going to see it for my birthday, which was the original world release date. Now I'm sad.

Offline WheresMyCoffee

• Adventurer
« Reply #3386 on: December 12, 2016, 10:40:29 AM »

Yay.

Oh. My. Goodness.

My school bought a bunch of cheap "white board cleaner" and it smells like pure rubbing alcohol. Sure enough, after a few uses my boards are now almost impossible to erase. A good white board is supposed to have a thin coating of wax or oil so they are easy to erase. Alcohol completely strips it of that. I read somewhere that a light misting of WD-40 sprayed and then rubbed on the board might restore it a bit. I have a small can at home, I might try it on a corner of the board and see if it works, then tell the school to do it themselves because I'm not going to pay for all that, and then wait for months while they try and find $20 petty cash to get it done.

I miss chalk.

At least none of my current schools use liquid chalk. That stuff is garbage.

One of the schools I taught at, the classroom was a chalkboard. LOVED IT!!! So many colors, erases well, etc... I don't understand the move to Dry erase. Step backwards in my opinion. BUT CHALK DUST! Umm, just get a eraser vacuum. PLus I think modern chalk is less dustier?

Offline emmas28

• Veteran
« Reply #3387 on: December 12, 2016, 10:43:20 AM »
Apparently something MAJOR exciting happened over the weekend because the two office staff I sit opposite will not shut up! I don't understand why they need to talk so loudly when they're sat next to each other. I even have headphones in and music on and I can STILL HEAR THEM. It's Monday morning, quiet please!

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3388 on: December 12, 2016, 10:52:14 AM »
Apparently something MAJOR exciting happened over the weekend because the two office staff I sit opposite will not shut up! I don't understand why they need to talk so loudly when they're sat next to each other. I even have headphones in and music on and I can STILL HEAR THEM. It's Monday morning, quiet please!
Maybe they are talking about the impeachment. That's a pretty major deal.

Offline zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3389 on: December 12, 2016, 10:54:01 AM »
I have to wait until the 28th to see Rogue One!!! C'mon, that's like 2 weeks after the premiere in Slovakia and Cambodia and everywhere else in the bloody world. FFS This does not make me happy.  I was going to see it for my birthday, which was the original world release date. Now I'm sad.

This is the first I've heard of this. I just looked and you are right.
What. The. FUUCK. I had assumed it was this Thursday/Friday like the rest of the developed world... I had planned out my whole day Friday around this :cry: i didn't even check, becuase why would I?

Force Awakens came out the same time here as everywhere else. Why the hell are they pushing this one back two weeks?! Why are they doing this to me?

Offline emmas28

• Veteran
« Reply #3390 on: December 12, 2016, 10:56:15 AM »

Nah this is definitely gossip. I think because the VP isn't here they're running wild. They haven't clicked a mouse or tapped a keyboard yet and it's almost 10am. Anything political usually gets given 5 minutes attention and then back to gossip.  >:(

Offline welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3391 on: December 12, 2016, 11:36:09 AM »

This is the first I've heard of this. I just looked and you are right.
What. The. FUUCK. I had assumed it was this Thursday/Friday like the rest of the developed world... I had planned out my whole day Friday around this :cry: i didn't even check, becuase why would I?

Force Awakens came out the same time here as everywhere else. Why the hell are they pushing this one back two weeks?! Why are they doing this to me?

I know!!!  Every other big american movie comes to Korea very close to the release date in the states.   This is ridiculous! I also had planned my weekend around this.  I need to write a strongly worded letter to someone.  After I cry

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3392 on: December 12, 2016, 11:38:44 AM »
coT has a major case of RBF today. That's pleasant.

Also, hoping that Rogue One will be in 4D cause I saw Force Awakens in 4D and it was a pretty baller experience.

Offline coviedo011

• Explorer
« Reply #3393 on: December 12, 2016, 11:52:05 AM »
Tried having a fun music lesson comparing different styles from the U.S, Korea, and Mexico (I'm Mexican so i try to incorporate it as a way to teach them a little extra besides just American culture). Anyway, I got a section where I compared different traditional styles and tried to explain how European influences shaped some Mexican music. They weren't getting it so I tried to compare it to how Japan took over Korea and my Co-Teacher just lost it. I mean I get the nationalism and all that but I was just making an example. NEVER reference anything from Korea. It will get lost in translation and they will lose their shit.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3394 on: December 12, 2016, 11:55:39 AM »

Nah this is definitely gossip. I think because the VP isn't here they're running wild. They haven't clicked a mouse or tapped a keyboard yet and it's almost 10am. Anything political usually gets given 5 minutes attention and then back to gossip.  >:(
Ahh, gotcha. Then yeah, with no one to keep them in check with potential pop-ins it can get pretty wild. I wonder what the office gossip is then.

As for Star Wars, I knew about the delay, but I don't understand it or appreciate it. But it makes for a fun New Years Eve plan (I know it comes out on the 28th, but that's what my bf and I are doing to ring in the year).

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #3395 on: December 12, 2016, 11:57:39 AM »
Tried having a fun music lesson comparing different styles from the U.S, Korea, and Mexico (I'm Mexican so i try to incorporate it as a way to teach them a little extra besides just American culture). Anyway, I got a section where I compared different traditional styles and tried to explain how European influences shaped some Mexican music. They weren't getting it so I tried to compare it to how Japan took over Korea and my Co-Teacher just lost it. I mean I get the nationalism and all that but I was just making an example. NEVER reference anything from Korea. It will get lost in translation and they will lose their shit.

Yeahhhhhhhh, don't do that.

:rolleyes: "My friend isn't being treated well by his girlfriend. She's pretty abusive to him."

;D "What do you mean?"

:rolleyes: "Like when your ex-boyfriend punched you in the face and you needed to get a restraining order. Remember?" 

:cry: "Yes, I remember."
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline What?What?

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3396 on: December 12, 2016, 12:01:15 PM »
I have no heating in my classroom today.None. I cannot feel my feet or legs and I am wrapped up in a coat and scarf indoors... like a heathen. Just sitting here all wrapped up in ALL the clothes. All of them. *cries*

I made tea. It was warm for about 3 minutes. *cries again*
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3397 on: December 12, 2016, 12:04:53 PM »
I bought raisins at Costco this weekend to snack on, but I forgot them at home and now I'm hungry and my stomach is rumbling.  :cry:

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #3398 on: December 12, 2016, 12:28:46 PM »
4D is basically poison.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. ďMan, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.Ē
-AP

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3399 on: December 12, 2016, 12:43:40 PM »
4D is basically poison.

But, not like literally.

CoT today asked, "Perhaps you know kimchi??"  Nah shite, what's on our lunches everyday?

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment