October 17, 2017, 04:46:01 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 518831 times)

Offline WheresMyCoffee

• Adventurer
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #3280 on: December 07, 2016, 01:52:28 PM »
My CTs gone full cookoo.

She's decided teaching the boys is too much work. She's moved all of them to the back of the room and placed all the girls directly at the front because they deserve it or some such nonsense.

As you can imagine, chaos ensued.

Then, I'm making a big pot of coffee for the afternoon after lunch. I'm putting a filter in she runs up has a lil bicker about the filter removes it and makes coffee without the filter. Spared slightly by the fact that I put a ton of water in and she for some odd reason decided one scoop of coffee beans was good. It looks like water from a ditch.

This is the first mixed coffee I've had in like 2 years.

One of my CT's cooks her lunch in the electric kettle. Luckily there is a Cafe across the street thats cheap plus 500 won discount takeout. So I just go over there after I eat and grab a latte.

She's decided teaching the boys is too much work. She's moved all of them to the back of the room and placed all the girls directly at the front because they deserve it or some such nonsense.

Nice. I didn't know we could do that~

Probably not a good idea to put all the animals together in one pen....

Offline Schellib39

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3281 on: December 07, 2016, 01:52:47 PM »
Shut.  The.  Door.

+1

I love being able to see my breath while walking through the halls. smfh

I close a door or a window to see them wide open, AGAIN,  minutes later. face in palm

Offline WheresMyCoffee

• Adventurer
« Reply #3282 on: December 07, 2016, 01:54:22 PM »
Shut.  The.  Door.

+1

I love being able to see my breath while walking through the halls. smfh

I close a door or a window to see them wide open, AGAIN,  minutes later. face in palm

Just run the heater with the windows open!!!  :rolleyes:

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #3283 on: December 07, 2016, 02:14:18 PM »

If I had the option of doing something like that, I would place all the boys on the other side of the classroom door.
I work in an all boys' middle school.  :smiley:

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3284 on: December 07, 2016, 04:23:26 PM »

I wish I could kick the boys out of my class and just teach the girls. My shoulder is sore from when I pulled a muscle earlier stopping a knock-down drag-out fight between two 4th grade boys.

I do have a few poorly behaved girls but most of the boys are bad. Why are the boys so much worse than the girls? Is it like this in other countries? I really think they need recess, and having to wait until 1:15 to each lunch doesn't help either.

Rant: My new coteacher is treating my like an ornament. I'm hoping it will get better in the 2.5 weeks we have left, but it's frustrating when I'm trying to explain something or ask the kids a question and she talks over me and pretends I'm not there.

Edit: Why are things so unchangeable here. The 6th graders have a writing test scheduled for the end of next week (one of those easy and tiny tests that they could probably do with their eyes closed), but we haven't even started that lesson yet. So we're just going to jump into the writing part of the lesson and tell them what they need to know for the test. Teaching for tests and not for understanding is one of my pet peeves. And of course we can't change the date for the test because it has already been submitted to the principal.

I think today is one of those weird days where trying to understand the different culture is getting on my nerves and I have to keep quiet, smile, and say "OK," or else I'll just get more annoyed with everything.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 04:41:14 PM by flyingspider »

Offline waywardtimelord

• Adventurer
« Reply #3285 on: December 07, 2016, 04:44:09 PM »
The male teacher who shares my office has been listening to tennis matches on his cell phone for the past hour. No headphones. I honestly cannot fathom his complete disregard for everyone else in the office.

In other news (completely unrelated, I swear!) I've managed to whittle a shank from a colored pencil.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #3286 on: December 07, 2016, 05:01:50 PM »
The male teacher who shares my office has been listening to tennis matches on his cell phone for the past hour. No headphones. I honestly cannot fathom his complete disregard for everyone else in the office.

In other news (completely unrelated, I swear!) I've managed to whittle a shank from a colored pencil.

Kinda spooky. But good job.

Offline GuyinKorea

• Newgookin
« Reply #3287 on: December 08, 2016, 09:44:58 AM »
I just lost an arm wrestling match to a grade 6 boy.

Where is my life going?  :cry:

Lol. One of my 4th graders wanted to arm wrestle me but they don't understand using just the arm to wrestle and use their whole bodies so I declined.

Do ya'll even lift?

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3288 on: December 08, 2016, 10:07:49 AM »
Admin. creep continues to be an arse. Yesterday on our fishing trip some teachers of course brought drinks (makgeolli & soju) and when they offered me some he felt the need to interject and slowly/loudly pronounce each word like I was a developmentally challenged person.

"MAK-GO-LEEEEE. SO-JUUUU."

Okay.  :rolleyes: We've only had these drinks EVERY hwesik ever since I started working here over a year ago. But just continue to make an arse out of yourself in front of everyone.

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #3289 on: December 08, 2016, 10:08:05 AM »
About the open window in winter situation. My strategy would be to use preconceived notions to get what you want.

1) China creates all the (extremely bad) levels of pollution in Korea.

2) School windows protect us from this.

3) We cannot be diligent if we are sick from China. China. China.

Please don't try this at school.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3290 on: December 08, 2016, 10:13:49 AM »
cover letters

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3291 on: December 08, 2016, 10:17:38 AM »
I just lost an arm wrestling match to a grade 6 boy.

Where is my life going?  :cry:

Lol. One of my 4th graders wanted to arm wrestle me but they don't understand using just the arm to wrestle and use their whole bodies so I declined.

Do ya'll even lift?

Like these bodybuilders?  Ones who are not even sure how many days are in a week?

Originally Posted by Justin-27  View Post

In case you forgot, ONE WEEK is Sunday-Sat, NOT Sun-sun, that's 8 days moron.
A week is sunday-sunday.

I think you just don't know how to count, it's alright, I won't tell anyone. lol

Sunday-Saturday is only 6 days, do you have 6 days weeks where you live?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107926751

YoungMin

« Reply #3292 on: December 08, 2016, 11:21:38 AM »
The admin woman who processes the wages has just come back from maternity leave. While she's been away I've been paid on time every time. Now she's back there is 0% chance of me getting paid on the 23rd of December because she's ****** useless and always forgets that if pay day (25th) falls on the weekend it should be paid the working day before.

Everyone is all happy and welcoming her back and I'm sat here like,  :sad:

Offline Mister Tim

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3293 on: December 08, 2016, 12:18:50 PM »
A couple students came to class forty minutes late this morning. I teach middle school, which has 45 minute classes. Honestly, why even come at that point?

I asked them why they were so late. Working on something in another class, maybe? Perhaps some Sports club activities (some of my students are in a wrestling club that practices in the morning)? Mandatory  administrative requirements?

"We slept in late."

I looked over at my CoT.

CoT: Shrugs

In the office after class, I asked my CoT if there are going to be any consequences for their extreme tardiness. She said "Yes, they will have to talk to their homeroom teacher."

Sigh.

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3294 on: December 08, 2016, 12:19:41 PM »
I'm really tired of seeing this RIDICULOUS picture on Facebook.  Are people just being dicks to their friends in public now?  Not even behind their back, literally to their faces?

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3295 on: December 08, 2016, 12:22:40 PM »
A couple students came to class forty minutes late this morning. I teach middle school, which has 45 minute classes. Honestly, why even come at that point?

I asked them why they were so late. Working on something in another class, maybe? Perhaps some Sports club activities (some of my students are in a wrestling club that practices in the morning)? Mandatory  administrative requirements?

"We slept in late."

I looked over at my CoT.

CoT: Shrugs

In the office after class, I asked my CoT if there are going to be any consequences for their extreme tardiness. She said "Yes, they will have to talk to their homeroom teacher."

Sigh.
UUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHH I have students that do that too. A few of them have done it multiple times. I have gotten a few excuses, usually it's sleeping, but I have also gotten playing basketball or making a sign.

Then they get mad at me for marking them absent. Like heck I'm going to mark them as present in my class when they come in with >5 minutes left.

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3296 on: December 08, 2016, 12:25:44 PM »
I'm really tired of seeing this RIDICULOUS picture on Facebook.  Are people just being dicks to their friends in public now?  Not even behind their back, literally to their faces?

I don't see how this is offensive.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #3297 on: December 08, 2016, 12:27:42 PM »

Ignoring isn’t the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3298 on: December 08, 2016, 12:30:34 PM »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Mister Tim

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3299 on: December 08, 2016, 12:35:02 PM »

People spending their money on travel, I'm sitting here with my shiny new guitar like "Enjoy your dysentery and stolen passport."

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment