October 19, 2017, 03:40:25 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 521497 times)

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #3100 on: December 02, 2016, 12:09:01 PM »
I still have absolutely no idea what to do for that week. I told a friend back home that our vacation starts in January and she asked "wait, then why are you not going to be back until the end of February?"

Well, let me tell you...

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3101 on: December 02, 2016, 12:16:33 PM »
Oh cool, we've wheeled in the electric heaters.  Ironically, they left the door next to me wide open when doing so so it felt like my desk was in the arctic.  I look forward to the power surges the heaters will periodically cause that make my computer turn off randomly a few times each day.

Bad start to the day huh Sixtieshappy. Just remember..... it's Friday!!!

Haha, you noticed

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #3102 on: December 02, 2016, 01:38:20 PM »
My elem. coT asked me when my main school's winter vacation started so I told her (January) and she acted all shocked and asked if I was sure and said she didn't think so--

I cut her off and informed her that we have classes until the end of December just like last year (and just like elem school) and that I have a school calendar. I don't know why she thinks she knows my school's schedule better than I do  :rolleyes:

She then proceeded to go on and say how elem. school has to have classes in Feb. (for two weeks or whatever) and I told her that middle school also has a week of classes in Feb. but she just seemed to be in complete disbelief.

This exchange along with random comments of how I must have "so much free time" now along with talking about how "busy" she is makes me feel like she's trying to have a pissing contest about who works more.  :rolleyes: Judging from the work ethic I've observed, I'm pretty sure I know who the winner is.

There's literally no limit to the mental gymnastics some people will go to to convince themselves that us foreign teachers have such a wonderfully generous and fantastic gig.

Two instant signs that someone is going to be a miserable coteacher are the one you mentioned, "You're so free, I'm so busy" and also "You make more money than some Korean teachers."

Those are immediate tells.

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3103 on: December 02, 2016, 01:43:51 PM »
For the past 3 years (and longer but that's when I got here) my school has always placed emphasis on placing kids in higher grades into English camp. The reason being that the younger grades would have time to do it later.

My current CT has decided to **** with this and switch it around. I was just surrounded by a bunch of almost crying fifth graders asking why they can't go to camp. Which is ofc the first I heard about it.

CTs reasoning. It's 'easier' to teach younger kids.

**** YOU.

Yeah, maybe if you were to actually teach the bloody fuckin' camp it might make a bit of difference. Instead you can't even be arsed to show up after the VP ordered you to and are going to pay your niece a third of the EXTRA PAY you receive to show up and do your job. Oh and that pay is the girls university 'entrance' present. Fuckin' lovely family they must be... At least I won't be constantly interrupted by some old lady that thinks children will go into shock if they aren't injected with juice every fifteen minutes.

As for me, I'm now going to be missing out on the last camp with my grade 5s and 6s whom I've been teaching since they started grade 3 and 4. I have no problems admitting they are by and far my favorite group of kids. 

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3104 on: December 02, 2016, 02:20:34 PM »
It's not only that my coteacher sometimes speaks with her mouth full at lunch, it's that she ONLY speaks with her mouth full.  Like, a thought pops into her head and she hurries up and takes a bite so she can say it out loud.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3105 on: December 02, 2016, 03:30:24 PM »
sixtieshappy I really hope you have a good weekend because it sounds like your friday has been shit haha.

got anything good planned?

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3106 on: December 02, 2016, 03:36:46 PM »
My poor coteacher has been sick for the last two weeks, and last night she couldn't sleep because she developed a fever and was coughing so much. She still has a fever today, but she can't go home because King Principal isn't here right now so she can't ask for permission to leave. I don't even know why she came. She's just miserable and exhausted, but here she is anyway spreading her germs There is nothing so important today that she needed to be here. Just stay home and take care of yourself!

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3107 on: December 02, 2016, 03:38:12 PM »
My elem. coT asked me when my main school's winter vacation started so I told her (January) and she acted all shocked and asked if I was sure and said she didn't think so--

I cut her off and informed her that we have classes until the end of December just like last year (and just like elem school) and that I have a school calendar. I don't know why she thinks she knows my school's schedule better than I do  :rolleyes:

She then proceeded to go on and say how elem. school has to have classes in Feb. (for two weeks or whatever) and I told her that middle school also has a week of classes in Feb. but she just seemed to be in complete disbelief.

This exchange along with random comments of how I must have "so much free time" now along with talking about how "busy" she is makes me feel like she's trying to have a pissing contest about who works more.  :rolleyes: Judging from the work ethic I've observed, I'm pretty sure I know who the winner is.

Just popping in to have a cry over the senseless week of class in February.  :cry:

What's that week even for?
Luckily, I managed to get it off by asking for my vacation around that time. The school didn't make a fuss or anything as well. :o

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3108 on: December 02, 2016, 03:40:25 PM »
sixtieshappy I really hope you have a good weekend because it sounds like your friday has been shit haha.

Haha, thank you!  I'm actually doing much better since all my classes are finished for the day  8)

This weekend I was looking at going into Seoul but the trains are insanely sold out probably due to the protests.  Impeach that bitch already so I can go shopping.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #3109 on: December 02, 2016, 03:44:40 PM »

Just popping in to have a cry over the senseless week of class in February.  :cry:

Luckily, I managed to get it off by asking for my vacation around that time. The school didn't make a fuss or anything as well. :o

Many have pondered.  I'm not trying to gloat but... I don't have to teach at all that week. :P
Phew. Glad I qualified that otherwise it might have come off as gloating.

Offline Whatgook

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3110 on: December 02, 2016, 03:46:51 PM »

Haha, thank you!  I'm actually doing much better since all my classes are finished for the day  8)

This weekend I was looking at going into Seoul but the trains are insanely sold out probably due to the protests.  Impeach that bitch already so I can go shopping.

Come to busan mate! The shopping is almost as good.... biggest department store in the world and all that

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3111 on: December 02, 2016, 03:51:52 PM »

Many have pondered.  I'm not trying to gloat but... I don't have to teach at all that week. :P
Phew. Glad I qualified that otherwise it might have come off as gloating.

I don't think I had to either. On Monday when I put in for my winter vacation, I saw the national holidays at the end of jan, and the white days in Feb, and asked "Am I allowed to use vacation on these days?" got told yes, that's fine.
Thanks for the link, I'll have a read!

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3112 on: December 02, 2016, 03:52:12 PM »
One of my third grade students has a nasty cold and doesn't cover her mouth when she coughs, etc., and she gave me a massive hug around lunch time today... :cry: I would have taken her arms off of me except that she gets bullied a lot and a couple of boys called her disgusting during class the other day. :sad: I will risk getting sick again, I guess... :blank:

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3113 on: December 02, 2016, 03:53:36 PM »

Come to busan mate! The shopping is almost as good.... biggest department store in the world and all that

I'll be going to Busan on Saturday or Sunday to do some shopping. Need FFXV, new shoes, and a new (thicker) hoodie for winter. :P

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #3114 on: December 02, 2016, 03:59:05 PM »
One of my third grade students has a nasty cold and doesn't cover her mouth when she coughs, etc., and she gave me a massive hug around lunch time today... :cry: I would have taken her arms off of me except that she gets bullied a lot and a couple of boys called her disgusting during class the other day. :sad: I will risk getting sick again, I guess... :blank:

Haha, yupppppp. I never have the heart to tell the unpopular ones when they're being disgusting. When a cool kid is being gross, though, I let them know and make sure to let them be an example of how not to cough.

Completely 100% unrelated: I genuinely wish I could quit smoking, but I just don't have the will to do it because I enjoy it so much. I generally spend the last 50% of my day looking forward to the cigarette I'll have when I get home. Sucks that it's so bad for you and such a gross smell on your clothes / breath / hair / everything.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #3115 on: December 02, 2016, 04:03:34 PM »

Haha, yupppppp. I never have the heart to tell the unpopular ones when they're being disgusting. When a cool kid is being gross, though, I let them know and make sure to let them be an example of how not to cough.

Completely 100% unrelated: I genuinely wish I could quit smoking, but I just don't have the will to do it because I enjoy it so much. I generally spend the last 50% of my day looking forward to the cigarette I'll have when I get home. Sucks that it's so bad for you and such a gross smell on your clothes / breath / hair / everything.

Smoking is literally poison.
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #3116 on: December 02, 2016, 04:05:40 PM »
I genuinely wish I could quit smoking, but I just don't have the will to do it because I enjoy it so much. I generally spend the last 50% of my day looking forward to the cigarette I'll have when I get home. Sucks that it's so bad for you and such a gross smell on your clothes / breath / hair / everything.

I'm glad I don't have to tell you that that's poison. (Sorry, I'll stop now.)

I'm with you actually. I don't smoke much, but would rather not smoke at all. But when I'm in the mood, it's just so tempting. The only thing worse than smoking is to be perpetually quitting :sad:

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3117 on: December 02, 2016, 04:06:41 PM »

Beat me to it

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3118 on: December 02, 2016, 04:08:32 PM »

Yeah, I'm the same. The popular ones can handle rejection because they know I'm not being entirely serious (or am I... they will never know) but the unpopular kids are already feeling sensitive just by being there so yeah... I don't need to add to their problems. :sad:

It was a really long hug, though. She had her arms wrapped tightly around my waist while we were standing in line and stayed there for a good three minutes.

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #3119 on: December 02, 2016, 04:08:38 PM »

Yeah, smoking is terrible for you. I think that's kind obvious. But at least cigarettes aren't nearly as bad for you on a 1:1 ratio as a can of Coca Cola is.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 04:10:34 PM by #basedcowboyshirt »

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment