December 11, 2017, 08:17:41 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 593921 times)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #3080 on: December 08, 2016, 08:07:49 AM »
Admin. creep continues to be an arse. Yesterday on our fishing trip some teachers of course brought drinks (makgeolli & soju) and when they offered me some he felt the need to interject and slowly/loudly pronounce each word like I was a developmentally challenged person.

"MAK-GO-LEEEEE. SO-JUUUU."

Okay.  :rolleyes: We've only had these drinks EVERY hwesik ever since I started working here over a year ago. But just continue to make an arse out of yourself in front of everyone.

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #3081 on: December 08, 2016, 08:08:05 AM »
About the open window in winter situation. My strategy would be to use preconceived notions to get what you want.

1) China creates all the (extremely bad) levels of pollution in Korea.

2) School windows protect us from this.

3) We cannot be diligent if we are sick from China. China. China.

Please don't try this at school.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3082 on: December 08, 2016, 08:13:49 AM »
cover letters

Online Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3083 on: December 08, 2016, 08:17:38 AM »
I just lost an arm wrestling match to a grade 6 boy.

Where is my life going?  :cry:

Lol. One of my 4th graders wanted to arm wrestle me but they don't understand using just the arm to wrestle and use their whole bodies so I declined.

Do ya'll even lift?

Like these bodybuilders?  Ones who are not even sure how many days are in a week?

Originally Posted by Justin-27  View Post

In case you forgot, ONE WEEK is Sunday-Sat, NOT Sun-sun, that's 8 days moron.
A week is sunday-sunday.

I think you just don't know how to count, it's alright, I won't tell anyone. lol

Sunday-Saturday is only 6 days, do you have 6 days weeks where you live?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107926751

YoungMin

« Reply #3084 on: December 08, 2016, 09:21:38 AM »
The admin woman who processes the wages has just come back from maternity leave. While she's been away I've been paid on time every time. Now she's back there is 0% chance of me getting paid on the 23rd of December because she's ****** useless and always forgets that if pay day (25th) falls on the weekend it should be paid the working day before.

Everyone is all happy and welcoming her back and I'm sat here like,  :sad:

Online Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3085 on: December 08, 2016, 10:18:50 AM »
A couple students came to class forty minutes late this morning. I teach middle school, which has 45 minute classes. Honestly, why even come at that point?

I asked them why they were so late. Working on something in another class, maybe? Perhaps some Sports club activities (some of my students are in a wrestling club that practices in the morning)? Mandatory  administrative requirements?

"We slept in late."

I looked over at my CoT.

CoT: Shrugs

In the office after class, I asked my CoT if there are going to be any consequences for their extreme tardiness. She said "Yes, they will have to talk to their homeroom teacher."

Sigh.

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3086 on: December 08, 2016, 10:19:41 AM »
I'm really tired of seeing this RIDICULOUS picture on Facebook.  Are people just being dicks to their friends in public now?  Not even behind their back, literally to their faces?

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3087 on: December 08, 2016, 10:22:40 AM »
A couple students came to class forty minutes late this morning. I teach middle school, which has 45 minute classes. Honestly, why even come at that point?

I asked them why they were so late. Working on something in another class, maybe? Perhaps some Sports club activities (some of my students are in a wrestling club that practices in the morning)? Mandatory  administrative requirements?

"We slept in late."

I looked over at my CoT.

CoT: Shrugs

In the office after class, I asked my CoT if there are going to be any consequences for their extreme tardiness. She said "Yes, they will have to talk to their homeroom teacher."

Sigh.
UUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHH I have students that do that too. A few of them have done it multiple times. I have gotten a few excuses, usually it's sleeping, but I have also gotten playing basketball or making a sign.

Then they get mad at me for marking them absent. Like heck I'm going to mark them as present in my class when they come in with >5 minutes left.

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3088 on: December 08, 2016, 10:25:44 AM »
I'm really tired of seeing this RIDICULOUS picture on Facebook.  Are people just being dicks to their friends in public now?  Not even behind their back, literally to their faces?

I don't see how this is offensive.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #3089 on: December 08, 2016, 10:27:42 AM »

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3090 on: December 08, 2016, 10:30:34 AM »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Online Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3091 on: December 08, 2016, 10:35:02 AM »

People spending their money on travel, I'm sitting here with my shiny new guitar like "Enjoy your dysentery and stolen passport."

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3092 on: December 08, 2016, 10:37:43 AM »
It just comes across as making fun of friends who have chosen a different path. 

Ha ha you're stuck at home with a baby while I'm free to travel the world.  Congratulations on your little bundle of joy by the way  :rolleyes:

Generally it taps into my annoyance at people who think they're better than everyone else because they "travel".

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3093 on: December 08, 2016, 10:43:24 AM »

Ha ha you're stuck at home with a baby while I'm free to travel the world.  Congratulations on your little bundle of joy by the way  :rolleyes:

Generally it taps into my annoyance at people who think they're better than everyone else because they "travel".

I feel like the sentiment is more like:
We all make different choices in life. I really like mine though, and wouldn't trade it for yours.
This is just my opinion, but I would say that if you're getting all that negativity out of so few words, doesn't it just sound like you regret which choice you made?

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3094 on: December 08, 2016, 10:44:36 AM »

I'm gonna choose to agree here. It's condescending and kind of reeks of insecurity. I am about as childfree/pro-travel as they come but the whole point of choosing that balance is that I'm thrilled with my position and don't feel the need to combat some invisible argument that I should be having children.

Yeah, yeah I know it's a meme and who cares but ugh, this coupled with the excessive use of ~wanderlust~ just puts a bee in my bonnet.

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3095 on: December 08, 2016, 10:51:27 AM »

I'm gonna choose to agree here. It's condescending and kind of reeks of insecurity. I am about as childfree/pro-travel as they come but the whole point of choosing that balance is that I'm thrilled with my position and don't feel the need to combat some invisible argument that I should be having children.

Yeah, yeah I know it's a meme and who cares but ugh, this coupled with the excessive use of ~wanderlust~ just puts a bee in my bonnet.
Eh. It's not really an invisible argument though, is it? I mean, I'm still in my twenties, but people are already questioning my choices to travel, and asking when I'm gonna settle down. The answer is, maybe never! I don't think this is an attack on people who make that choice, but more of a declaration of rejection of that choice.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3096 on: December 08, 2016, 10:54:08 AM »

also agreed. a lot of people who are really into traveling act like they are so much better than those who stayed back home and it's incredibly obnoxious. you get that even when it's just literally within your own country - I come from a small town in a small state, and people who stayed there rather than moving to a move "interesting" state are seen as failures. why?  :lipsrsealed:

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3097 on: December 08, 2016, 11:00:33 AM »

So I guess I'm on the losing side of this argument. But as a sidenote. "To their faces" is the only appropriate way to throw shade at your friends. If you do it behind their backs, that's not friendship. But this is not me conceding that this is an offensive meme. I still think it's only that if you are not traveling and you regret your own choices.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3098 on: December 08, 2016, 11:39:36 AM »
I feel that the only reason that meme exists in the first place is because of the mainstream ideal that everyone needs to settle down and have kids as a necessary part of life. It's a response to all those people who badger you about why you aren't living life the way they think is proper.

That being said, yeah it can totally be seen as condescending. But I think it resonates with all of us who aren't ready or interested in settling down [yet or ever].

Offline HyooMyron

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3099 on: December 08, 2016, 11:45:03 AM »

also agreed. a lot of people who are really into traveling act like they are so much better than those who stayed back home and it's incredibly obnoxious. you get that even when it's just literally within your own country - I come from a small town in a small state, and people who stayed there rather than moving to a move "interesting" state are seen as failures. why?  :lipsrsealed:

And there's the other side of the coin. People judging you because you "can't settle down". They think there is an inherent problem if you keep moving around (the problem being you). Moving away from your hometown is viewed as rejecting your childhood. They say that you can't think long term, but only lust after short sighted endeavors. That you are a loveless, aimless nomad.

I'm from one of those small towns, so that's the kind of stuff I hear all the time. Of course, I don't subscribe to either sides. The only thing that matters is that you're happy. If that takes traveling the world and finding new things, go for it. If it takes relishing in what you have and settling down, go for it. But it wreaks of insecurity and low self-esteem when you go around putting down others just to make yourself feel good