October 19, 2017, 03:43:10 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 521505 times)

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #3080 on: December 01, 2016, 02:07:54 PM »
Candy is basically poison.

BCS's candy comments are hereafter a drinking game. Everybody take a shot! :laugh:

Shots are metaphorically poison.
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3081 on: December 01, 2016, 02:19:40 PM »
Yeah, I haven't given candy out in over a year. Now, if we play a game (which isn't terribly often) I give them one extra point in their grade.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #3082 on: December 01, 2016, 03:47:19 PM »

BCS's candy comments are hereafter a drinking game. Everybody take a shot! :laugh:

It's literally poison. But the best poison ever~

Er, second best.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 03:51:43 PM by donovan »

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3083 on: December 01, 2016, 04:41:11 PM »

Er, second best.

Every time he says "literally" I feel like I ought to, I dunno, eat a piece of poison. But not literal poison.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #3084 on: December 01, 2016, 04:43:58 PM »

Er, second best.

Bro, check yo music, bruvna. There is only one true 80s metal Poison anthem.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #3085 on: December 01, 2016, 04:50:13 PM »

Er, second best.

Every time he says "literally" I feel like I ought to, I dunno, eat a piece of poison. But not literal poison.

Ha. There's some science behind that.

"Inhaling fear"
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/12/opinion/12lindstrom.html?_r=1

The warning labels backfired: they stimulated the nucleus accumbens, sometimes called the ďcraving spot,Ē which lights up on f.M.R.I. whenever a person craves something, whether itís alcohol, drugs, tobacco or gambling.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #3086 on: December 01, 2016, 05:00:01 PM »

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3087 on: December 01, 2016, 05:34:21 PM »
The other day I let some elem. kids each choose a sticker after playing a game (it's a really small class so it doesn't take much time). There were very few of the popular kind left and as a student was choosing, my coT asked "Can I have a sticker?" and reached out to take one. Fortunately she listened when I told her to "Please wait" and let the child choose first but come on >:(

Literally nearly every time I give them stickers she has to have one too. But can you at least wait last and let the kids have first choice?  :rolleyes: I kinda wish there had only been enough of that kind of sticker for the students so she wouldn't have gotten one. It's not like I buy these stickers for her

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3088 on: December 01, 2016, 06:03:16 PM »
The other day I let some elem. kids each choose a sticker after playing a game (it's a really small class so it doesn't take much time). There were very few of the popular kind left and as a student was choosing, my coT asked "Can I have a sticker?" and reached out to take one. Fortunately she listened when I told her to "Please wait" and let the child choose first but come on >:(

Literally nearly every time I give them stickers she has to have one too. But can you at least wait last and let the kids have first choice?  :rolleyes: I kinda wish there had only been enough of that kind of sticker for the students so she wouldn't have gotten one. It's not like I buy these stickers for her

Lol? What does she use them for? :rolleyes:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3089 on: December 01, 2016, 06:04:56 PM »
She just sticks them on her phone  :undecided:

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3090 on: December 01, 2016, 09:28:17 PM »

Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.
  - Ogden Nash

Offline WheresMyCoffee

• Adventurer
« Reply #3091 on: December 02, 2016, 10:03:55 AM »
Yeah the candy culture here blows my mind. Getting rewards for doing the bare minimum of what is asked. Unreal.

I share an office with a teacher who is known for having a drawer of treats and so the same six or seven students will bring their screeching and general noise pollution in during the breaks to beg for food like they're stray cats. Those 10 minutes of relative peace are totally shot.

:police: What's this?

:undecided: "It's a pencil."

HAVE A CANDY

My School gets 800 dollars for English budget for extra materials... I have 4 CT's.... so they each get $200 (I get zero of course). What do they do, they all just bought boxes of maichu. Then all year complaints of no English budget......

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3092 on: December 02, 2016, 10:05:32 AM »
Every day these 3 cunts gather around my desk which is right next to the kettle and have loud conversation/coffee hour.  I really needed to get my third grade lesson done today but couldn't work with them next to me.  So I decided to say **** it and just do a second grade lesson with them.  My coteacher doesn't seem to give a shit anyway... she'll either be fucked off sitting at her desk in the other room or walking around chatting with the kids distracting everyone anyway so **** it.  Now I can sit at my desk and read instead of stressing over it since no one else gives a shit.

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3093 on: December 02, 2016, 10:10:18 AM »
Is it a rule that all middle school secretaries have to be as loud and annoying as possible?  I swear the one at this school answers the phone every time with the equivalent of "HELLO YOU HAVE REACHED _____ MIDDLE SCHOOL.  THIS IS _______.  THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR CALLING.  YOUR CALL IS IMPORTANT TO US.  HOW MAY I DIRECT YOUR CALL TODAY?"  Every single time.  And then the line disconnects somehow and she answers immediately with the entire speech.  It got ridiculous last winter break when the students were prank calling the school.

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3094 on: December 02, 2016, 10:15:34 AM »
Oh cool, we've wheeled in the electric heaters.  Ironically, they left the door next to me wide open when doing so so it felt like my desk was in the arctic.  I look forward to the power surges the heaters will periodically cause that make my computer turn off randomly a few times each day.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #3095 on: December 02, 2016, 10:19:26 AM »
Is it a rule that all middle school secretaries have to be as loud and annoying as possible?  I swear the one at this school answers the phone every time with the equivalent of "HELLO YOU HAVE REACHED _____ MIDDLE SCHOOL.  THIS IS _______.  THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR CALLING.  YOUR CALL IS IMPORTANT TO US.  HOW MAY I DIRECT YOUR CALL TODAY?"  Every single time.  And then the line disconnects somehow and she answers immediately with the entire speech.  It got ridiculous last winter break when the students were prank calling the school.

Reminds me of a woman I worked with at a gas station in Canada, Barb. She worked inside, I would work the full serve gas bar. My dad would come in to get gas and go inside and it was always the same thing.

Barb: Do you have a CAA card?
Dad: No, Barb, I don't. Just like I didn't have one three days ago.
B: Do you want Vitamin water, 2 for 1?
Dad: Barb, have you ever seen me buy anything other than gas here in the last year? You know I don't have a CAA card, you know I don't want Vitamin Water and you know I'm CO2's dad.
Barb: Sir, this is what we have to say to customers when they come in.
D:  >:( :rolleyes:

Like a goddamn robot. It's my Dad, you're not going to get in trouble for not following protocol, Barb. 

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3096 on: December 02, 2016, 10:29:28 AM »
There is an older male teacher in my office and whenever he comes back in from taking his breaks he smells so badly of smoke. To the point where he might as well have just stayed and smoked in the office. He must smoke a full pack every break.

He also is extremely loud with every speaking interaction and does those ridiculously loud ahjumma sighs all the time.

Offline Whatgook

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3097 on: December 02, 2016, 10:33:58 AM »
Oh cool, we've wheeled in the electric heaters.  Ironically, they left the door next to me wide open when doing so so it felt like my desk was in the arctic.  I look forward to the power surges the heaters will periodically cause that make my computer turn off randomly a few times each day.

Bad start to the day huh Sixtieshappy. Just remember..... it's Friday!!!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3098 on: December 02, 2016, 11:00:01 AM »
My elem. coT asked me when my main school's winter vacation started so I told her (January) and she acted all shocked and asked if I was sure and said she didn't think so--

I cut her off and informed her that we have classes until the end of December just like last year (and just like elem school) and that I have a school calendar. I don't know why she thinks she knows my school's schedule better than I do  :rolleyes:

She then proceeded to go on and say how elem. school has to have classes in Feb. (for two weeks or whatever) and I told her that middle school also has a week of classes in Feb. but she just seemed to be in complete disbelief.

This exchange along with random comments of how I must have "so much free time" now along with talking about how "busy" she is makes me feel like she's trying to have a pissing contest about who works more.  :rolleyes: Judging from the work ethic I've observed, I'm pretty sure I know who the winner is.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3099 on: December 02, 2016, 11:52:50 AM »
My elem. coT asked me when my main school's winter vacation started so I told her (January) and she acted all shocked and asked if I was sure and said she didn't think so--

I cut her off and informed her that we have classes until the end of December just like last year (and just like elem school) and that I have a school calendar. I don't know why she thinks she knows my school's schedule better than I do  :rolleyes:

She then proceeded to go on and say how elem. school has to have classes in Feb. (for two weeks or whatever) and I told her that middle school also has a week of classes in Feb. but she just seemed to be in complete disbelief.

This exchange along with random comments of how I must have "so much free time" now along with talking about how "busy" she is makes me feel like she's trying to have a pissing contest about who works more.  :rolleyes: Judging from the work ethic I've observed, I'm pretty sure I know who the winner is.

Just popping in to have a cry over the senseless week of class in February.  :cry:

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment