September 26, 2018, 10:29:42 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1098484 times)

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #2960 on: December 06, 2016, 09:14:17 AM »
Oh, and my guess is about  479, 638, 226, 693 (assuming the puppy/dog cutoff age is 5 months, and that we're talking only about Canis lupus familiaris and not its genetically similar pre-domestication cousins).
What does this say about me?
You will have 479, 638, 226, 693 boyfriends in your life.
479, 638, 226, 693. Hmm. This might cut into my Waygook posting time.
 Does this mean I get immortality or a spaceship or something? Awesome!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 10:10:35 AM by kyndo »

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2961 on: December 06, 2016, 09:21:20 AM »
All dogs go to heaven?

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #2962 on: December 06, 2016, 10:17:14 AM »
Mondays and Monday-substitutes should be illegal.

I'm on my period.

I want chocolate but I'm stuck in school.

The amped-up pollution levels from the past week or so have turned my eyes and nose into boggy wastelands.

My ****** tea got cold.

Offline welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2963 on: December 06, 2016, 10:41:28 AM »
All dogs go to heaven?

No, but this monkey's gone to heaven

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2964 on: December 06, 2016, 10:43:08 AM »
All dogs go to heaven?

No, but this monkey's gone to heaven

Monkey bread sounds really good

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2965 on: December 06, 2016, 11:10:43 AM »
he just pulled the "I'm a doctor" shit on me.

The nerve of some doctors these days!  :wink:

On a serious note, hope all goes well, sounds traumatic to say the least  :sad:

Offline YourFriendBen

• Veteran
« Reply #2966 on: December 06, 2016, 11:23:14 AM »
I F*CKING HATE ONLINE KOREAN BANKING!
I F*CKING HATE ONLINE KOREAN BANKING!I F*CKING HATE ONLINE KOREAN BANKING!

Did you know I hate Korean online banking?
even if everything goes smoothly, it'll take 20 minutes minimum. any problems and you're looking at and hour at least before you rip a patch of your hair out.
Hans Gruber. Prince Humperdink. Mantis Tobogin.

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2967 on: December 06, 2016, 11:47:57 AM »
My trip to the doctor yesterday wasn't terribly successful. It was also rather alarming because my blood pressure was MUCH higher than usual when it was measured. I keep a very close eye on my blood pressure because my dad has hypertension.

Anyways, I went to a proper hospital and they had me seen by an internal medicine doctor. I explained my symptoms, and after crossing possible causes like pregnancy and traumatic head injury off the list, he decided to treat me for... acid reflux. I explained that I know what acid reflux feels like, and this is definitely not it, and that my nausea is head nausea not stomach nausea, but he was not moved. He simply said "I'm an internal medicine doctor, so I'm going to treat you for acid reflux. If you don't feel better in three days I'll refer you to a neurologist for an MRI"

*sigh*

When I looked up the meds he gave me though, one of them was dramamine, so hopefully that at least is moderately helpful. He also gave me acid reflux medication and.... some kind of herbal mugwort pill?? Whatever.

Seeing as the average doctor back home gets it wrong almost hlaf the time this isn't surprising. There is only one clinic near my school that will do the medical check required for renewal.

The first year I went in and the doctor took my BP and it was high. Like 50 year old man smoking 5 packs of cigs a day high,

Walk outside, check on the machine. Totally normal.

Whatever.

Go back the next year, exact same doctor. She gave me a blood pressure of 180/160 which is 'you're heart is currently exploding please proceed directly to the morgue' type blood pressure. She then tried to prescribe me meds after a single test. Not just go home for three days but a lifelong prescription.

Walk outside. Check on the machine.

Totally normal.

I've obviously never been to that clinic outside of those two times...

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #2968 on: December 06, 2016, 11:48:13 AM »

even if everything goes smoothly, it'll take 20 minutes minimum. any problems and you're looking at and hour at least before you rip a patch of your hair out.

And this is why everyone should completely skip doing banking on your computer and just do it all on your phone. If you already have online banking, setting it up on your phone takes like 15 minutes max and you don't have to install all the junk that you do on a PC.

Also, online banking isn't really that hard.
Coming here from another country, at least the countries of lived in over the past decade, Korean online banking is hard. I don't actually know if hard is the right word to use.
Frustrating, poorly designed and buggy might be closer.
What would be a 10 second login, and 30 second transaction elsewhere, takes far, far longer here.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2969 on: December 06, 2016, 11:50:19 AM »
I'm sure this is terribly selfish, but the yearly ice skating rink at City Hall has been cancelled because of the presidential protests and I'm so irritated! I always look forward to it and I was going to take my bf this year but now that plan is down the drain. I know there is the Lotte World rink, but it's far away and way more expensive.

I heard PGH wanted to go there but she was already skating on thin ice.

I'll get me coat.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2970 on: December 06, 2016, 11:52:26 AM »

The first year I went in and the doctor took my BP and it was high. Like 50 year old man smoking 5 packs of cigs a day high,

Walk outside, check on the machine. Totally normal.

Whatever.

Go back the next year, exact same doctor. She gave me a blood pressure of 180/160 which is 'you're heart is currently exploding please proceed directly to the morgue' type blood pressure. She then tried to prescribe me meds after a single test. Not just go home for three days but a lifelong prescription.

Walk outside. Check on the machine.

Totally normal.

I've obviously never been to that clinic outside of those two times...

See, this was high on the machine, not done by hand. I asked the nurse if maybe it could be because I was wearing my sweater, she suggested it could be because I'd walked to the hospital but it was maybe a ten-minute walk. She said she'd take it again in ten minutes but I had already left the hospital.

Usually my blood pressure is a very healthy 110/60, but they measured it at 140/70. Strange that the bottom number was fine and the top number wasn't.

I've just always kept a close eye on my blood pressure because there's a history of hypertension in my family and I really don't want to end up with it. This plus my other health problems I was like... oh shit

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2971 on: December 06, 2016, 12:13:23 PM »
Do I really, really want to do this for another year? Can I do this for another f*%king year, or will I lose it and end up in jail"?

I am so up and down at the moment with this... it has gone from one week "yes, I can" and one week "dear god no", and now this is changed to at least three times a day....

I love my job, people are going to die, what a great lesson, I wish these little shi*s would shut up and pi** off, I like living in Korea, I hate this damn place.

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline colouringin

• Waygookin
« Reply #2972 on: December 06, 2016, 12:18:07 PM »
The window is wide open and I'm freezing.

I need to go to the hospital for health check = blood test, x-ray etc.... even though I'm leaving the country in 2 months (extended didn't renew contract so thought I maybe wouldn't need it again).

And..... I need to take part in a teachers jump rope competition next week.... I've never jump roped in my life, great.

Rant over, at least I get to leave work early to go to the hospital.

PS. What?What? I feel the same, but really don't think I could do it for another year!

Offline Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2973 on: December 06, 2016, 12:29:56 PM »
CT told me that she really wants to go to visit China, during the holidays but she can't. Why? Her sons don't want to go. Why? They just want to stay home and play games on their phones.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2974 on: December 06, 2016, 12:40:59 PM »
Do I really, really want to do this for another year? Can I do this for another f*%king year, or will I lose it and end up in jail"?

I am so up and down at the moment with this... it has gone from one week "yes, I can" and one week "dear god no", and now this is changed to at least three times a day....

I love my job, people are going to die, what a great lesson, I wish these little shi*s would shut up and pi** off, I like living in Korea, I hate this damn place.

I regret signing on for another year and found myself wanting to jump out of a tall building on several occasions, to put it mildly. It's not Korea that I hate; it's the job. In fact, I'll be staying in Korea for a few months after my contract ends, maybe until June or July, but I will absolutely not be staying another year as a GET.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #2975 on: December 06, 2016, 12:53:58 PM »
CT told me that she really wants to go to visit China, during the holidays but she can't. Why? Her sons don't want to go. Why? They just want to stay home and play games on their phones.

How old are they?

Also, f people like that. Especially if the mom is paying. It's like people who go to Busan and eat at Lotteria. You can get that here. You have the rest of your life to play on your damn phone. Play on the plane! Play in the hotel in China! Just live a little.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2976 on: December 06, 2016, 01:14:02 PM »

It is pretty awful.You guys may have seen this already, but here's an article from Forbes called "Korea's Online Banking System is Stuck in 1996."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/elaineramirez/2016/11/30/south-koreas-online-banking-system-is-stuck-in-1996/#2bbe9aa75d7e

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2977 on: December 06, 2016, 01:24:38 PM »

I regret signing on for another year and found myself wanting to jump out of a tall building on several occasions, to put it mildly. It's not Korea that I hate; it's the job. In fact, I'll be staying in Korea for a few months after my contract ends, maybe until June or July, but I will absolutely not be staying another year as a GET.

Man I can relate to this. Really drives me a bit nuts wondering how a job where I'm only really on for 3 hours a day can be so incredibly draining.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2978 on: December 06, 2016, 01:27:24 PM »
Me and not-girlfriend were planning to go to Hong Kong over Seollal because for some reason my dad is obsessed with the idea of me going to Hong Kong and offered to pay (for my airfare and hotel). I'd looked up some flights before and they looked a bit on the expensive side but not terrible, but I didn't have time to carefully go through and buy our tickets.

Turns out these flights that are a little bit on the expensive side are terrible in terms of the time they leave, travel time, etc etc, and the ones that aren't so terrible are 800+, which my friend can't afford. I feel a little guilty because it's probably a bit my fault for not prioritizing buying the tickets more, but it's also definitely having to do with the fact that it's Seollal so flights in general are much more expensive. All the flights left for Jeju and Fukuoka are shit now too.

SIGH

She still wants to do something for the long holiday weekend, but I don't know what

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2979 on: December 06, 2016, 01:39:16 PM »
I thought HK was just aight. I happened to be there during Seollal too and my friend who lived there cautioned me that a lot of things might be closed because of the New Year (didn't have any issues but it was just a warning).

Went up on the peak tram but the air was hella polluted and I literally watched the smog encroach upon the buildings. Actually getting onto the tram is good practice battling the elderly.

Enjoyed taking the cable car to Lantau island and wandering around there though.

Overall by far not my favorite place but not a terrible time.