December 11, 2017, 11:45:26 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 594276 times)

Online kyndo

• The Legend
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #2760 on: November 25, 2016, 03:25:09 PM »

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2761 on: November 28, 2016, 09:25:38 AM »
One class starts 10 minutes late because the secretary is futzing with the computer to make sure some videos are working (for a meeting to be held in the English room later). Okay, no big deal.

After 20 minutes of class, my coT declares that class is over because they need to move chairs into the classroom for the meeting later. All right then...

It takes the kids 1 minute to move additional chairs into the room. CoT then comes to me and asks if I don't have any materials for the rest of class.  :rolleyes: I give them an activity to do. Literally after 1 minute she tells them to put it away (to their disappointment) and to move the tables around to accommodate the meeting.

What was the point of all this?  >:(

Offline chris0206

• Veteran
« Reply #2762 on: November 28, 2016, 09:43:57 AM »
Just been asked if my wife would have a c section so my school could plan the dates of our winter camp.  Having a natural birth would be inconvenient for the school apparently.

Online zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2763 on: November 28, 2016, 09:53:30 AM »
Just been asked if my wife would have a c section so my school could plan the dates of our winter camp.  Having a natural birth would be inconvenient for the school apparently.
Wow. I don't know if I could bite my tongue in that situation.

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2764 on: November 28, 2016, 09:57:15 AM »
Oh boooooy. I would have a hard time taking that sort of thing.

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2765 on: November 28, 2016, 10:09:07 AM »
Were they implying that she *should* have a c-section so that they could schedule a camp, or were they asking *if* she was having a c-section so that they could plan around it?

If the former, then that's.... kinda outrageous. :huh:
If the latter, that's just planning ahead.  :undecided:

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2766 on: November 28, 2016, 12:28:27 PM »
I applied for my F-6 visa on August 31 with my E-2 set to expire on September 30. I expected it might take a month at most (based on what I read on this forum :lipsrsealed:), but here I am nearly three months later and the sucker still hasn't come through and apparently my school is having trouble paying my pension contributions. Whenever I call immigration they can't say much but that the process sometimes takes up to 6 months! This is nuts. I was told I shouldn't leave the country until it comes through, as well. Feeling a bit in limbo and worried about being able to claim those pension contributions later once the visa does finally come through. :sad:

BTW Chris, that's outrageous. I'm sorry they would feel fine asking you that.

Online zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2767 on: November 28, 2016, 12:32:39 PM »
I applied for my F-6 visa on August 31 with my E-2 set to expire on September 30. I expected it might take a month at most (based on what I read on this forum :lipsrsealed:), but here I am nearly three months later and the sucker still hasn't come through and apparently my school is having trouble paying my pension contributions. Whenever I call immigration they can't say much but that the process sometimes takes up to 6 months! This is nuts. I was told I shouldn't leave the country until it comes through, as well. Feeling a bit in limbo and worried about being able to claim those pension contributions later once the visa does finally come through. :sad:

BTW Chris, that's outrageous. I'm sorry they would feel fine asking you that.
I applied for mine a week before you, around August 23rd. I recieved it 9 weeks later.
Where are you? I've heard that Seoul/Gyeonggido has a longer backlog to get through.

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2768 on: November 28, 2016, 12:37:28 PM »
Urg.  I thought everything was canceled next week for final exams but apparently only the 2nd graders have finals  :rolleyes:

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2769 on: November 28, 2016, 12:39:23 PM »
서울

Online robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2770 on: November 28, 2016, 01:14:05 PM »
I'm on my 4th year at the same school and my 4th principal and VP. 9 months into my contract it has been decided I have to attend all meetings (attendance is mandatory!) so I'm spending 3:00-4:30 in one Korean seminar about sexual violence and another on "prostitution prevention education" (thanks, Google Translate). It'll all be in rapid-fire native-level Korean, obviously.

Can't wait.

Online flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2771 on: November 28, 2016, 01:17:56 PM »
After Golden Bell I thought the rest of the semester would be a breeze, but I should have known better. Our science teacher just went on maternity leave and her replacement called Friday saying she couldn't do it, so my coteacher is going to be the science teacher for the rest of the semester and SURPRISE starting today I get a new coteacher. She seems nice enough but she's older and has never cotaught before, so we'll see how it goes. One month left and I have to adjust to a whole new teacher.

Also I'm sick (my voice is almost gone) and my grandma (my last grandparent) died last night so today was rough. If it wasn't for the new co I would have called in sick. 2 and a half hours and I can go home and sleep.

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2772 on: November 28, 2016, 01:35:35 PM »
Isn't it unhealthy to be this cold all the time?  How can there not be centralized heating here?  I'm seriously drinking fewer liquids because I don't want to freeze my ass on the toilet.

Online kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2773 on: November 28, 2016, 01:36:25 PM »
I'm on my 4th year at the same school and my 4th principal and VP. 9 months into my contract it has been decided I have to attend all meetings (attendance is mandatory!) so I'm spending 3:00-4:30 in one Korean seminar about sexual violence and another on "prostitution prevention education" (thanks, Google Translate). It'll all be in rapid-fire native-level Korean, obviously.

Can't wait.

find a coteacher. sit next to them in the meeting. ask the to translate word-for-word everything that's being said because you can't understand.

i guarantee you'll never be invited to another meeting again.

Offline KirbyFan112

• Veteran
« Reply #2774 on: November 28, 2016, 01:37:47 PM »
My school has bigger turnover rate then McDonald. I literally have had a new co-teacher every week now for three weeks. Probably 10-15 coteachers in the past 5 months. Glad I only have one more month left...

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2775 on: November 28, 2016, 01:50:13 PM »
I had to feed four people yesterday, 3 adults and 1 child including myself.

The plan was just a simple pop in to Popeyes. Grab a double burger set, some extra chicken and sides. What could go wrong.

Me: Spicy extreme set, please.
Teenager: Punches in Spicy set. (meant for 1 person).
Me: No, the spicy extreme set.
Teenager: Punches in the spicy extreme set, doesn't remove single burger set.
Me: Yeah, don't need the first one.
Teen: Takes it out. What side do you want?
Me: Coleslaw.
Teen: Punches in coleslaw.
Me: And some fries.
Teen: Your set only comes with 1 side.
Me: Yeah, I know and extra fries.
Teen: Removes coleslaw, adds fries.
Me: No, coleslaw and fries.
Teen: Removes fries, adds coleslaw.

Repeat this a total of three times. I finally give up. Wife wants coleslaw. The child can go without.

Me: Okay, and an extra 2 pieces of chicken.
Teen: Your meal already comes with two pieces of chicken.
Me: ... Yes, I know. 2 more pieces of chicken...

At this point the store had gone from empty to full. The manager comes up and we fix up my order in about 10 seconds.

I was actually starting to become embarrassed. The absurdity of this kids deer in the headlights look was stunning.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #2776 on: November 28, 2016, 02:26:27 PM »
I had to feed four people yesterday, 3 adults and 1 child including myself.

The plan was just a simple pop in to Popeyes. Grab a double burger set, some extra chicken and sides. What could go wrong.

Me: Spicy extreme set, please.
Teenager: Punches in Spicy set. (meant for 1 person).
Me: No, the spicy extreme set.
Teenager: Punches in the spicy extreme set, doesn't remove single burger set.
Me: Yeah, don't need the first one.
Teen: Takes it out. What side do you want?
Me: Coleslaw.
Teen: Punches in coleslaw.
Me: And some fries.
Teen: Your set only comes with 1 side.
Me: Yeah, I know and extra fries.
Teen: Removes coleslaw, adds fries.
Me: No, coleslaw and fries.
Teen: Removes fries, adds coleslaw.

Repeat this a total of three times. I finally give up. Wife wants coleslaw. The child can go without.

Me: Okay, and an extra 2 pieces of chicken.
Teen: Your meal already comes with two pieces of chicken.
Me: ... Yes, I know. 2 more pieces of chicken...

At this point the store had gone from empty to full. The manager comes up and we fix up my order in about 10 seconds.

I was actually starting to become embarrassed. The absurdity of this kids deer in the headlights look was stunning.

CHHHHOOOOOOOGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2777 on: November 28, 2016, 02:51:06 PM »
I can feel COOL air coming out of the central air above me. WHY

Also this weekend I bought myself a nice coat (well, 2 coats) from uniqlo because the coats I brought from home weren't cutting it/I feel really unprofessional when I compare my coats to those of everyone else in the office. (I say I care about professionalism, but I chose my jackets based on what would make me look most like a ninja from Naruto WHOOPS)

I wanted to get a full down jacket from uniqlo but I have stupidly large arms so I satisficed with a down vest and a jacket to wear under the vest. But that leaves my arms a bit cold, so now I need to get a warm sweater/cardigan to wear under the jacket.

and today even my LEGS were cold but most of my pants are stretchy/tight, so I don't think I could wear thermal underwear.

asdflj;lakjsf  :evil: :evil: :evil:

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2778 on: November 28, 2016, 04:48:48 PM »

Ask if they could euthanise their parents so you can plan your vacation around the funeral service.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #2779 on: November 28, 2016, 05:46:25 PM »
Back-ass halfwords...

Korea will now ban and fine companies with products that use animal testing.

However, you can still beat, torch, electrocute, TORTURE animals in-country.

Will they ever stop eating dogs?  There's a law on the books making it illegal, yet...here we are.

Not a hypocrite, here, as we aren't eating any animals.

Just seems odd, don't use them for tests, but abuse them and eat them is OK?

I'm having a "been living in Korea too long" meltdown ;)