September 25, 2017, 07:00:40 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 490416 times)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #2680 on: November 17, 2016, 03:40:08 PM »
I'm just gonna plug in my headphones and chill the rest of the day since classes are finished. Continue with the saga of Harry Potter and co.

Soon will be done with the last audiobook! Then I gotta find the Stephen Fry versions somewhere, somehow

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #2681 on: November 17, 2016, 03:56:38 PM »
I'm just gonna plug in my headphones and chill the rest of the day since classes are finished. Continue with the saga of Harry Potter and co.

Soon will be done with the last audiobook! Then I gotta find the Stephen Fry versions somewhere, somehow

Watching Brooklyn 99 on netflix.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2682 on: November 17, 2016, 04:45:21 PM »
There's this one special ed kid, who is generally pretty adorable, but he really likes to give me hugs and get too close for comfort. Today, after lunch, I was walking past him as he was picking his teeth with his fingers and then put those same hands on me... *shudder* I'm not angry or anything but it just really grosses me out. :cry:

Offline WheresMyCoffee

• Adventurer
« Reply #2683 on: November 17, 2016, 05:03:36 PM »
Well its that time of year again, where you figure out if your school likes good teaching, or just wanted a puppet/clown that dances when told, while they just do jack...

Offline defenderoftherealm

• Super Waygook
  • Unleash the gangster.
« Reply #2684 on: November 17, 2016, 05:28:38 PM »
Today is not going to be a good day.

My stomach is bothering me slightly.  I don't have diahrrea or constipation.  But my stomach and butt hole feel slightly uncomfortable/hurt in that I need to drop a deuce kind of way. 

The only toilets here are the squatter toilets.  I never learned how to use them properly.  I don't get how one avoids peeing on one's pants since they are by your ankles as you squat to release the brown dragon.  Do I take my pants off completely?  Do I aim the pistol manually with my hand?

Oh no.  I hope I can make it through the day and get back to my western toilet throne at the crib.  :cry:  :cry:

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2685 on: November 17, 2016, 05:37:13 PM »
Well its that time of year again, where you figure out if your school likes good teaching, or just wanted a puppet/clown that dances when told, while they just do jack...

Better make a new account on Waygook.org to post about it.

Offline turningsteel

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2686 on: November 17, 2016, 05:57:23 PM »
Pecan, regarding giving feedback for tests, my experience is somewhat different.
The Korean co-teachers often ask me whether an answer is right or wrong, and then the head teacher proceeds to ignore my opinion.
Kim Teacher: Menlyn, a student wrote this, is it correct?
Menlyn: No, I'm afraid not.
KT: Are you sure? There's no way it can be correct?
M: Yes, it's definitely wrong.
KT: (In Korean to other teachers) We're still going to mark it correct.

I've had the opposite

Cot: Could this sentence be grammatically correct?
Me: Yes, it's not common, but it's not strange either.
Cot: But we didn't teach them this
Me: Ok.
Cot: I don't think it's correct
Me: Ok
Cot: I'm going to mark it wrong, is that ok?
Me: You're the one who wrote and gave out the test, it's up to you
Cot: Are you sure?

:rolleyes:

This just happened to me the other day.  It was like the twilight zone.

The answer was technically correct but it didn't match exactly with what she had in her syllabus.

Answer said " Officer Dave"
Rubric said "Police Officer Dave"

I said to mark it right but she couldn't fathom a world where there were two right answers! She just stared at the paper and mumbled for what felt like eternity until I picked up the pen and drew a big red circle for correct.  Problem solved...

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2687 on: November 17, 2016, 09:35:44 PM »

Better make a new account on Waygook.org to post about it.

shots fired

Offline What?What?

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2688 on: November 18, 2016, 09:24:07 AM »

I discovered a little while ago that I shouldn't teach and that I should never do anything that requires my CT to actually do anything. Apparently I should have learned this two years ago. I'm slow I guess.

It's all good though. Live and learn and grow and move on :)
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2689 on: November 18, 2016, 09:44:11 AM »
Lost track of time at the gym this morning and I managed to scrub myself down real quick, but I didn't have time to wash my hair, so now I'm pissed at everything today.

I feel like a poodle that hasn't been groomed in a while. You think this top-knot is going to do me over, bitch?

Still cute, though.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2690 on: November 18, 2016, 09:50:24 AM »
Today is not going to be a good day.

My stomach is bothering me slightly.  I don't have diahrrea or constipation.  But my stomach and butt hole feel slightly uncomfortable/hurt in that I need to drop a deuce kind of way. 

The only toilets here are the squatter toilets.  I never learned how to use them properly.  I don't get how one avoids peeing on one's pants since they are by your ankles as you squat to release the brown dragon.  Do I take my pants off completely?  Do I aim the pistol manually with my hand?

Oh no.  I hope I can make it through the day and get back to my western toilet throne at the crib.  :cry:  :cry:

We only had one western toilet at our school for the longest time, so I learned how to use one out of necessity. It was thrilling and frightening.

Anyways, this is what my friend told me after I was also struggling with the "how do I not soil my pants" conundrum, because if you pull your pants down to your ankles obviously you might get some on your pants when you squat

The secret is.... you don't pull your pants all the way down. You pull them down to your knees, then squat. Since your bum is below your knees, your pants are then safely above the danger zone.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #2691 on: November 18, 2016, 10:07:56 AM »
Not sure how one would soil themselves, unless they fell backwards.

Biggest problems for a man is not tea-bagging or dipping the stick.

You do it once, and you'll never do it again.

Offline antmar

• Veteran
« Reply #2692 on: November 18, 2016, 10:42:04 AM »
Everything was going swimmingly this morning and then BAM! My shaving cream cap falls into my toilet and gets sucks in and now I'm stuck with a clogged toilet for the weekend...

Offline Aristocrat

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2693 on: November 18, 2016, 11:00:04 AM »
Everything was going swimmingly this morning and then BAM! My shaving cream cap falls into my toilet and gets sucks in and now I'm stuck with a clogged toilet for the weekend...

Remember, whatever is causing the blockage needs to get pushed through instead of pulled up, so make sure there's plenty of water in the bowl to push the cap through.

Online kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2694 on: November 18, 2016, 02:15:33 PM »
why is all the food in this country always prepared in the laziest way possible? ordered a shrimp pizza from 59 Pizza last night. of course the shrimp still had their tails on. on a frikken pizza. tried to just eat them with the tails on but the tails were too hard to bite into comfortably. ended up having to pick the shrimp off and eat them by themselves. urgh.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #2695 on: November 18, 2016, 02:18:59 PM »
why is all the food in this country always prepared in the laziest way possible? ordered a shrimp pizza from 59 Pizza last night. of course the shrimp still had their tails on. on a frikken pizza. tried to just eat them with the tails on but the tails were too hard to bite into comfortably. ended up having to pick the shrimp off and eat them by themselves. urgh.

A) You're Kobayashi, you can eat anything.

B) Koreans eat the tails.
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2696 on: November 18, 2016, 02:31:18 PM »

A) You're Kobayashi, you can eat anything.

B) Koreans eat the tails.

I don't mind eating the tails if they're deep fried to a crisp. Otherwise, not so much

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #2697 on: November 18, 2016, 02:31:33 PM »
What?

What part of the shrimp do you eat, the head?

As far as I know, most people eat the tail.

The shell, however, is a different story.  I've seen people from certain countries eat shrimp, shell and all, while others prefer to take off the shell and eat the meat.

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2698 on: November 18, 2016, 02:34:50 PM »
Not sure how one would soil themselves, unless they fell backwards.

Biggest problems for a man is not tea-bagging or dipping the stick.

You do it once, and you'll never do it again.

But for a woman, who is just trying to have a pee, it is ridiculously easy to soil onesself.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2699 on: November 18, 2016, 02:38:20 PM »
What?

What part of the shrimp do you eat, the head?

As far as I know, most people eat the tail.

The shell, however, is a different story.  I've seen people from certain countries eat shrimp, shell and all, while others prefer to take off the shell and eat the meat.

I enjoy the abdomen.  :angel:

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment