September 25, 2017, 06:51:10 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 490389 times)

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #2580 on: November 11, 2016, 05:03:32 PM »
How does that watermark not make you cringe? Or are you doing that ironically?

Online kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2581 on: November 11, 2016, 05:04:43 PM »
it wasn't really a big deal to make a mistake like that, and I was only offended because it's my country and my president.

this coming from people who are from a country that has an actual ****** website where foreigners can go to to report inaccurate facts about south korea they may have seen or read somewhere  :rolleyes:

hahahah omg I had no idea about that. Wow.

knock yourself out: https://www.factsaboutkorea.go.kr/mwelcome.do?ln=en

oh and guess what? in order to report anything you have to download some security software first. of course  :laugh: and of course the page that comes up with the security software is all in korean.

i found that out because as a pisstake i was going to report that i saw a website that incorrectly labelled Takeshima as korean territory. but couldn't be bothered to do all the security software shite.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #2582 on: November 11, 2016, 05:05:08 PM »
How does that watermark not make you cringe? Or are you doing that ironically?

Yes.  :afro:
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2583 on: November 12, 2016, 11:10:49 AM »
Trump elected and Leonard Cohen died.

Bad week for hipsters  :rolleyes:

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #2584 on: November 13, 2016, 07:23:28 AM »
It's a bummer, indeed.

Trump Announces Big Gift To Banks Despite His Campaign Rhetoric Against Wall Street

http://news.groopspeak.com/breaking-trump-announces-big-gift-to-banks-despite-his-campaign-rhetoric-against-wall-street/

President-elect Trump is announcing on his website that he will immediately dismantle the Dodd-Frank financial regulations put into place shortly after the 2008 crash and signed into law by President Obama. With a Republican Congress backing him up, itís fair to say that he will get his wish.

Banks are hailing the move as a godsend and see it as less oversight and more profit.

If such a move is implemented, its effects will be far-reaching. It will get rid of legislation that has up until now protected consumers from abusive lending and mortgage practices by banks that caused the financial crisis in the first place Ė and which it sought to prevent from happening again.

In total, there are 16 major areas of oversight reform that the law put into place that will go away.

Itís no secret that Republicans have been wanting to undo the massive legislation since the very moment it was implemented. They will now get their chance.

What's the most appropriate Leonard Cohen song to describe that?

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2585 on: November 13, 2016, 12:43:08 PM »
President-elect Trump is announcing on his website that he will immediately dismantle the Dodd-Frank financial regulations put into place shortly after the 2008 crash and signed into law by President Obama. With a Republican Congress backing him up, itís fair to say that he will get his wish.
Banks are hailing the move as a godsend and see it as less oversight and more profit.

"I'm your man"?

Offline sligo

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2586 on: November 13, 2016, 12:54:23 PM »

"I'm your man"?

Surely this^^^^

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #2587 on: November 13, 2016, 01:09:53 PM »
I was just about post that one.

How about...

The Future:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D97OxHZzBeQ

If Clinton had won...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU-RuR-qO4Y

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2588 on: November 13, 2016, 04:57:11 PM »
Sorry, I think you missed my point.  I'll quote myself and highlight the gag  :wink:

Trump elected and Leonard Cohen died.

Bad week for hipsters  :rolleyes:

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #2589 on: November 13, 2016, 05:05:11 PM »
'SNL': Kate McKinnon's Clinton Performs Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah"
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/snl-kate-mckinnons-clinton-performs-leonard-cohens-hallelujah-946767
In honor of Leonard Cohen, who passed away earlier this week, Kate McKinnon kicked off the episode in character as Hillary Clinton at the piano, singing one of Cohen's most famous tunes, "Hallelujah."

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2590 on: November 14, 2016, 09:40:06 AM »
The buses have started to show those weird eating videos. I don't understand why they're popular. Watching a woman gorge herself on chicken is not what I want to see on a Monday morning, or ever.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2591 on: November 14, 2016, 11:43:19 AM »
Classes usually run smoother without coT interference. Stop translating every little thing immediately after I or students say it aloud!! Let them think about it for a moment!! Immediately translating and then asking them to tell her what it is in Korean aka parroting back what she literally just said!!!  >:( >:( >:( Can you at least say the damn numbers in English!!! All of the numbers were less than 10!!! FFS

coT: Did you say hi to the principal?
Me: Yes.
coT: You had better go and say hi to the principal.
Me: I did.
coT: Really?? When?
Me: In the teacher's office when she came in.
coT: But where?
Me: She came to the teacher's office.
coT: Ohhh hmmm well that's good.

I hate how redundant elem. can be.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2592 on: November 14, 2016, 12:38:15 PM »
Classes usually run smoother without coT interference. Stop translating every little thing immediately after I or students say it aloud!! Let them think about it for a moment!! Immediately translating and then asking them to tell her what it is in Korean aka parroting back what she literally just said!!!  >:( >:( >:( Can you at least say the damn numbers in English!!! All of the numbers were less than 10!!! FFS

coT: Did you say hi to the principal?
Me: Yes.
coT: You had better go and say hi to the principal.
Me: I did.
coT: Really?? When?
Me: In the teacher's office when she came in.
coT: But where?
Me: She came to the teacher's office.
coT: Ohhh hmmm well that's good.

I hate how redundant elem. can be.
I always got a little irritated at my first school CoT when she would go over the test answers but say the numbers in Korean. Little thing, but still.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2593 on: November 14, 2016, 12:49:12 PM »
Lately she's been asking me to start class a few minutes (5 - 10, sometimes turns into 20) later so the students can review (aka robotically recite the dialogue).

I can appreciate that she asks politely but it's a bit irksome because always the week prior she makes a point of telling me that I need to prepare "lots of fun activities" for the students for the following week.  :lipsrsealed:

Offline JackRoxby

• Veteran
« Reply #2594 on: November 14, 2016, 02:08:53 PM »
I absolutely hate supervising exams

45 minutes of complete boredom torture

Most the kids finish the tests within 10/15 minutes then go to sleep for half hour, unbeleivable Jeff.

Offline denimdaze

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2595 on: November 14, 2016, 03:03:05 PM »
I do not like planning winter or summer camp. 

Offline CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #2596 on: November 14, 2016, 03:06:11 PM »

Succinct, hahaa

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2597 on: November 14, 2016, 03:09:31 PM »

Most the kids finish the tests within 10/15 minutes then go to sleep for half hour, unbeleivable Jeff.

When I was in middle school last year, I used to play a game with the other teacher about who could give out the most new paper.  The loser had to give chocolate to the winner. 

My students find it interesting when I tell them I'd never done a multiple choice test in my school life.  I told them we were even taught how to divide our essay writing time exactly so we finished the test dead on time.

If it is controlled by external forces (ie other teachers) it can be a pain.  If you have free reign then I chuck in some science lessons (balloon cars/egg drop experiment) and always a cooking class. 

Offline CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #2598 on: November 14, 2016, 03:24:58 PM »
The tests for English in grade 6 here are 6 multiple choice (in conjunction with listening) and then 4 questions that are write 2) words and 2) sentences.

It's insane. And 80% of the writing on the test is in Korean.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2599 on: November 15, 2016, 11:12:55 AM »

Its exam time right now at my school. I always bring a book with me, though they always tell me not to. But it's the same, I simply can't stand there for 30 minutes while they sleep doing nothing. It is so boring. At least at my school if they finish early, they can leave once they have hit the 30 minute mark.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment