September 25, 2017, 08:12:22 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 489464 times)

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #2480 on: November 08, 2016, 02:27:53 PM »
Got kicked off the computer because my coT had to send an email "immediately" to the education office. Apparently it's impossible to send emails from her smartphone or wait 5~10 minutes for me to use a game on the computer. Whatever

For the official school mail, I'm pretty sure you can't send it from a smartphone. Kind of rude of her, but not worth getting upset about.

If this was a single instance of her booting me off the computer, then no biggie. But it's a buildup of multiple occasions, and I highly doubt every time was legit or couldn't have waited till break time. Once she told me "the kids don't want to learn. They are bored." as an excuse to use the computer for the entire class. Turns out she was just shopping.

This was within my second month of working with her so from early on I haven't exactly had confidence in her motives.

Rofl what? She was sitting and shopping during class? That's so hilariously unprofessional.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2481 on: November 08, 2016, 02:31:37 PM »
What's more, I had already turned on the TV so all the students saw and started twittering about it. She eventually realized and turned the TV off. Lol

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2482 on: November 08, 2016, 02:36:57 PM »
What's more, I had already turned on the TV so all the students saw and started twittering about it. She eventually realized and turned the TV off. Lol

I'm cringing just reading about that hahahahaha how embarrassing for her but she deserved it if she's going to be that unprofessional.

Offline tomoconnor89

• Adventurer
« Reply #2483 on: November 08, 2016, 03:21:32 PM »
When you message your CT about winter holiday dates, and they reply telling you you've lost a day of holiday because of that time they let you leave at 2.30 on a Friday for a weekend hike.

EPIK people, can they even do that. There was zero mention of this at the time.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2484 on: November 08, 2016, 03:28:25 PM »
When you message your CT about winter holiday dates, and they reply telling you you've lost a day of holiday because of that time they let you leave at 2.30 on a Friday for a weekend hike.

Have you previously taken early leaves or random hours here and there for personal reasons? If those hours add up to 8 hours, then yes, you would lose a vacation day, but in this case, if the weekend hike was for a teachers' trip or something, that shouldn't be taken from your personal vacation time.

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2485 on: November 08, 2016, 03:31:12 PM »

Yeah. Leaving early does use your vacation time. Unless of course it was some sort of teachers' excursion on which you were going with your school. Standard procedure.

Offline tomoconnor89

• Adventurer
« Reply #2486 on: November 08, 2016, 03:35:53 PM »

Have you previously taken early leaves or random hours here and there for personal reasons? If those hours add up to 8 hours, then yes, you would lose a vacation day, but in this case, if the weekend hike was for a teachers' trip or something, that shouldn't be taken from your personal vacation time.

It was just that one time. I was led to believe it was just a friendly agreement on a Friday afternoon so I could get the only bus that day. But then I remembered. Korea.

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2487 on: November 08, 2016, 03:41:48 PM »
Most people know I don't really complain all that much, but oh my goodness, school cafeterias are literally the worst.

I'm experiencing this for the first time ever after years of self-serve teacher lunches.

ZERO portion control at all with regards to how much of what the lunch staff serve you. Despite being more than capable of telling them how much I want, they're all super old, and the cafeteria is super noisy, and they're super tired and busy, so they don't care about special requests. So, I get a literal mountain of rice (which is awful because too much rice is bad), extremely limited amounts of anything red, because I'm sure they think it's spicy, and only half a bowl of soup because that's what the kids get and it's already prepped and waiting.

Again, it's not that I'm unable to communicate how much I want, it's just that they literally don't care (and I can't really blame them). Cafeterias are awful and I hate it. And as a male, I honestly need larger portions than an elementary school student does. And I'm not getting them. Except for the comically large pile of rice that I don't want to eat.

It sucks, because rice is a staple of my dinner, and if I eat that much rice, then I can't have rice with dinner, so that throws off my dinner plan. But if I don't eat the rice, I have to throw it in the garbage, and people who waste food are awful, so then I feel awful.

I miss serving myself.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2488 on: November 08, 2016, 03:53:59 PM »
Most people know I don't really complain all that much, but oh my goodness, school cafeterias are literally the worst.

I'm experiencing this for the first time ever after years of self-serve teacher lunches.

ZERO portion control at all with regards to how much of what the lunch staff serve you. Despite being more than capable of telling them how much I want, they're all super old, and the cafeteria is super noisy, and they're super tired and busy, so they don't care about special requests. So, I get a literal mountain of rice (which is awful because too much rice is bad), extremely limited amounts of anything red, because I'm sure they think it's spicy, and only half a bowl of soup because that's what the kids get and it's already prepped and waiting.

Again, it's not that I'm unable to communicate how much I want, it's just that they literally don't care (and I can't really blame them). Cafeterias are awful and I hate it. And as a male, I honestly need larger portions than an elementary school student does. And I'm not getting them. Except for the comically large pile of rice that I don't want to eat.

It sucks, because rice is a staple of my dinner, and if I eat that much rice, then I can't have rice with dinner, so that throws off my dinner plan. But if I don't eat the rice, I have to throw it in the garbage, and people who waste food are awful, so then I feel awful.

I miss serving myself.

There should be no problem getting less rice, just say you are on a diet, but you wont get anything else to compensate   :sad: There might be a random table somewhere with extra side dishes on that you can help yourself to? Most of my schools did that, one even had a salad bar for teachers  :-* :azn:

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2489 on: November 08, 2016, 04:06:12 PM »

I miss serving myself.

There should be no problem getting less rice, just say you are on a diet, but you wont get anything else to compensate   :sad: There might be a random table somewhere with extra side dishes on that you can help yourself to? Most of my schools did that, one even had a salad bar for teachers  :-* :azn:

I'm not going to lie to the lunch staff just to help myself get the portion sizes I want. That's not cool.

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2490 on: November 08, 2016, 04:17:36 PM »

I'm not going to lie to the lunch staff just to help myself get the portion sizes I want. That's not cool.

It's not that big of a deal. However you eat is your diet. Your diet is allowed to be different than the portion sizes they give you. Plus, it takes 2 seconds to say "조금 만 주세요". I'm sure they'd rather that than see you throw away half of it at the end. That's what I do at both of my schools, and I haven't even gotten so much as a side-eye for it.

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2491 on: November 08, 2016, 04:18:09 PM »
At a factory cafeteria (that I eat at a few times a month), it is self-serve, but if you miss something, it becomes a battle of wills.

"No, I don't want sauce on my [whatever]. Sauce is either fat or sugar, or both. Furthermore, what you are calling sauce would offend my French ancestors."

"No, I don't want a dinner roll; there is enough starch on my plate with the rice and the noodles. Also see French ancestors above."

Then, everybody else dumps half-eaten portions in the bin.

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2492 on: November 08, 2016, 04:27:47 PM »

It was just that one time. I was led to believe it was just a friendly agreement on a Friday afternoon so I could get the only bus that day. But then I remembered. Korea.

you should absolutely NOT lose a full vacation day for this. as someone else mentioned, you can use up to 8 hours of 'personal time' per year. you would have used 2hrs30min of those 8 hours here at most.

contact your coordinator.

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2493 on: November 08, 2016, 04:29:11 PM »

It's not that big of a deal. However you eat is your diet. Your diet is allowed to be different than the portion sizes they give you. Plus, it takes 2 seconds to say "조금 만 주세요". I'm sure they'd rather that than see you throw away half of it at the end. That's what I do at both of my schools, and I haven't even gotten so much as a side-eye for it.

Yes. And I say it every time.

Thank you for the Korean lesson, though. You are very good at Korean language.

As I said, it's incredibly noisy, they're very busy, and they're super old. They don't have time to listen to every person's special requests.

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2494 on: November 08, 2016, 04:34:42 PM »

As I said, it's incredibly noisy, they're very busy, and they're super old. They don't have time to listen to every person's special requests.
My mistake. I understood it as you didn't want to bother asking because they seemed too preoccupied. But it's more that they think they're too preoccupied to listen to your request. Well, that's unfortunate. I hate wasting as well, but taking care of your body is important. Toss it if you must.

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2495 on: November 08, 2016, 04:40:23 PM »

My mistake. I understood it as you didn't want to bother asking because they seemed too preoccupied. But it's more that they think they're too preoccupied to listen to your request. Well, that's unfortunate. I hate wasting as well, but taking care of your body is important. Toss it if you must.

Nope. It's a very undersized and understaffed cafeteria for a relatively high population of students at the school. By the time they're ready to serve your food, it's already in the spoon and waiting, and they're just robotically trying to serve the next hundred people.

So, I can understand why they're not being super helpful. But it's still not an ideal situation for me.

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2496 on: November 08, 2016, 04:56:26 PM »
Sluuuuurp, aaah!
Sluuuuurp, aaah!
Sluuuuurp, aaah!

I am this close to just throwing a cup of coffee in my colleague's face.

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2497 on: November 08, 2016, 04:57:57 PM »
Sluuuuurp, aaah!
Sluuuuurp, aaah!
Sluuuuurp, aaah!

I haven't seen you posting in a while. Where did you go?

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2498 on: November 08, 2016, 05:02:19 PM »
Sluuuuurp, aaah!
Sluuuuurp, aaah!
Sluuuuurp, aaah!

;D

You want to sit next to my co-teacher?  He does that slurping thing, and also whenever he is eating something at his desk, it sounds like a bulldog struggling to eat porridge.  He also seems to have restless leg syndrome, so his foot tapping is really fast, I can just hear the squeaking of his slippers.  He also bought a new wig last week. 

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2499 on: November 08, 2016, 05:07:08 PM »
Sluuuuurp, aaah!
Sluuuuurp, aaah!
Sluuuuurp, aaah!

I haven't seen you posting in a while. Where did you go?

Oh wow someone noticed my absence  ;D

Idk, just wasn't feelin it.

I'm like 30 pages behind on this thread and trust me I will catch up.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment