December 17, 2017, 02:47:13 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 601179 times)

Offline Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #2360 on: November 08, 2016, 04:11:08 PM »
Why do so many old people here need to travel during commuting hours? They hog up a lot of seats, prowl through the packed aisles to find a seat, congregate near the exit doors and have no balance when the subway shakes.

Time to end free travel for senior citizens during commuting hours.

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2361 on: November 08, 2016, 04:40:52 PM »
Talking about lunch

I just opted out for December. I already paid 100k for this months lunch so I may as well stick it out.

The more I look into what they serve, and how unhealhty it is the more I feel inclined to bring my own lunch.

Looking forward to eating clean and healthy! Although I will miss the warm soup as its been nice to have on these cold days.

I just opeted back in out of necessity.  Two days and my stomach is in actual pain. I just don't have the time to cook at home anymore. I'll probably get cancer...

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2362 on: November 08, 2016, 04:45:14 PM »
Why do so many old people here need to travel during commuting hours? They hog up a lot of seats, prowl through the packed aisles to find a seat, congregate near the exit doors and have no balance when the subway shakes.

Time to end free travel for senior citizens during commuting hours.

Man i was just thinking this same thing. Currently on a bus rammed with ajumma during peak hours. And of course they all live in the rural areas so they never stand and relent seats until the bus goes way out there from my city.

I mean, can they not just do their commute like 30 minutes or an hour earlier?

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #2363 on: November 08, 2016, 07:38:30 PM »
My gf just said that I can't put the pomegranate rinds in the compost here (municipal compost collection) because they don't accept that. It's not food. The way it works here isn't that it's composted, it's that it's used for feed for farms. So no peels. She said left over rice from dinner is okay, or vegetable parts (the parts that you or I would eat) are okay, but that peels aren't.

Does this make any sense? Pigs don't give a shit about whether it's an orange peel or a slice of orange.

Also, it's stupid that they feed it to animals, it should be composted en masse and then sent to farms as high quality fertiliser.

Any insights?

Online grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #2364 on: November 08, 2016, 11:23:24 PM »
My gf just said that I can't put the pomegranate rinds in the compost here (municipal compost collection) because they don't accept that. It's not food. The way it works here isn't that it's composted, it's that it's used for feed for farms. So no peels. She said left over rice from dinner is okay, or vegetable parts (the parts that you or I would eat) are okay, but that peels aren't.

Does this make any sense? Pigs don't give a shit about whether it's an orange peel or a slice of orange.

Also, it's stupid that they feed it to animals, it should be composted en masse and then sent to farms as high quality fertiliser.

Any insights?

I think it is silly. We have something like seven different bins.

I guess the rationale of using compost as feed is it is like a farming subsidy or something.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2365 on: November 09, 2016, 06:30:33 AM »

Any insights?

I think it is silly. We have something like seven different bins.

I guess the rationale of using compost as feed is it is like a farming subsidy or something.

Do yet actually still do that, though?

My wife worked as a scientist in the ag industry in Canada, and they put a lot of thought into the feed mix for hogs there to maximize gain.

I would think that feeding pigs slop out of compost bags is now just propaganda.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2366 on: November 09, 2016, 07:41:36 AM »
Talking about lunch

I just opted out for December. I already paid 100k for this months lunch so I may as well stick it out.

The more I look into what they serve, and how unhealhty it is the more I feel inclined to bring my own lunch.

Looking forward to eating clean and healthy! Although I will miss the warm soup as its been nice to have on these cold days.

I just did this a few months ago, feels great. Usually I bring a protein + salad but I hear you - not having warm food this time of year is hard. And then of course your coworkers scrutinize your "small portions" even though, nutritionally, you're getting something much more valuable.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2367 on: November 09, 2016, 07:58:51 AM »
Just heard boss cot gossiping and giggling with other teachers about how messy my desk is in Korean. Like... they know I can understand some Korean, especially if it's simple. I guess because I'm always listening rather than speaking they forget though.

Anyways, all that does is just make me not want to clean my desk, ever. She's such an ass I don't want to do anything that will make her happy lol.

(Fun fact: When we had our first fight, back in like April, and she made me cry, afterwards she gave me a banana choco pie to apologize. I decided I wouldn't eat it until I had forgiven her. It's still on my bookshelf at home.)

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #2368 on: November 09, 2016, 08:04:36 AM »
(Fun fact: When we had our first fight, back in like April, and she made me cry, afterwards she gave me a banana choco pie to apologize. I decided I wouldn't eat it until I had forgiven her. It's still on my bookshelf at home.)

Just compost it. Wait........... can pigs eat that?

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2369 on: November 09, 2016, 08:06:18 AM »

idk might be dangerous, it's probably cursed with her inexplicable hate for me

YoungMin

« Reply #2370 on: November 09, 2016, 08:06:28 AM »
I feel like they should put the female NETs with a male co teacher. All I ever here on here from a female female team is constant bickering, bitching and fighting. The female male combinations seems to produce less of that shite. Sue me.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2371 on: November 09, 2016, 08:13:22 AM »
I feel like they should put the female NETs with a male co teacher. All I ever here on here from a female female team is constant bickering, bitching and fighting. The female male combinations seems to produce less of that shite. Sue me.

All of my other coteachers are also women and we get along great. It's 1 out of 5 total coteachers, or 20%, that I don't get along with

if you don't want to read about people having arguments with their coteachers, maybe don't come into the ranting/venting thread? lol

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2372 on: November 09, 2016, 08:15:14 AM »

The real question, of course, is if a pig eats the banana choco pie (pure poison), does it mean that the pig has forgiven her?  :huh:

YoungMin

« Reply #2373 on: November 09, 2016, 08:20:29 AM »

All of my other coteachers are also women and we get along great. It's 1 out of 5 total coteachers, or 20%, that I don't get along with

if you don't want to read about people having arguments with their coteachers, maybe don't come into the ranting/venting thread? lol

I enjoy a rant. I'll stay. I wasn't having a dig at you personally it just seems to be the general consensus around here that i've noticed over the past decade and 600+ pages of the ranting threads.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 08:25:09 AM by AgentMichaelScarn »

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2374 on: November 09, 2016, 08:25:07 AM »

The real question, of course, is if a pig eats the banana choco pie (pure poison), does it mean that the pig has forgiven her?  :huh:

pig jesus has forgiven your sins

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2375 on: November 09, 2016, 08:28:59 AM »

Less bickering.......

but when I had a male co teacher I was treated like a child, belittled and perved at. He was a bit older and was obviously trying to be nice but it would make my skin crawl. He would also randomly scream at the students for no reason.
 The younger male co teacher I had would distract the boys in the class, obviously wanting to be their brother and feel like a cool teacher.

I've never had problems with co-teachers but bickering seems way more easy. Even with the above teachers I just shut up and played the EPIK co teaching game and as far as I know they loved me.

It sounds so backwards and if this were home I would totally disagree...but I feel like here in Korea its way more comfortable to put male with male and female with female. This isn't true all of the time sure...but sadly it mostly is.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 08:31:14 AM by Jennipennypie »

Offline Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2376 on: November 09, 2016, 08:35:15 AM »
The heat is on full blast in the office this morning, which naturally means it has gotten a little uncomfortable in here. What have they done to combat that, you ask?

Turn down the heater a bit?

Maybe take off their winter coats?

Alas, they've gone with the "open all the windows" option. The heat's still blasting, the coats are still on, but now the heat can escape and cool air can come in and temper the heat a bit. A brilliant solution, really. We all have so much to learn from our coworkers.

YoungMin

« Reply #2377 on: November 09, 2016, 08:37:09 AM »
The heat is on full blast in the office this morning, which naturally means it has gotten a little uncomfortable in here. What have they done to combat that, you ask?

Turn down the heater a bit?

Maybe take off their winter coats?

Alas, they've gone with the "open all the windows" option. The heat's still blasting, the coats are still on, but now the heat can escape and cool air can come in and temper the heat a bit. A brilliant solution, really. We all have so much to learn from our coworkers.

Haha. BUT DON'T WASTE ENERGY IN THE SUMMER ON AC! :afro:

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2378 on: November 09, 2016, 08:40:51 AM »
This isn't much of a rant, but I don't know where this actually goes, haha.

I just feel sad for one of my students who is stuck in my really terrible middle school grade 2 class. She will come up and talk to me when I give them study periods before their exams and she has told me a few times how much she hates this class because they bullied her in elementary (though not as much now), and because the rest of the students are so terrible that the other teachers have given up on them so she doesn't get to learn as well. There isn't anything I can do about it besides let her talk to me, I just feel bad for her because she really wants to do well and succeed.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2379 on: November 09, 2016, 09:22:36 AM »
I do feel like office environments are more tolerable when there's a healthy mix of genders (the snobbery and games seem to be a lot higher when it's mostly male or female)... but it also heavily depends on the personalities of the people involved. It only takes one asshat to spoil the atmosphere, especially when they're tossed in with people who are, generally, nice people but who also feed off of others and act accordingly. This is especially true in Korea, and a lot of it will also depend on who's in charge and how traditional/old-fashioned they are. Seems to be an ideal cesspool for insufferable individuals to flourish in and to inject their toxins into people who would otherwise be lovely to work with if only they'd build up a tolerance or an immunity and just think for themselves a little more.

On the plus side, it makes it really easy to read what's going on.