September 25, 2017, 08:05:19 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 489446 times)

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #2320 on: November 02, 2016, 04:08:08 PM »
how's this for Apple's genius - you can't even connect the new iPhone to the new Macbook Pro because the Macbook doesn't have a lightning port. you need - you guessed it - an adapter. so now Apple products can't even be connected to each other  :laugh:

here's a full list of the adapters you'll probably need if you buy a new Macbook Pro:

Three (3) Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapters -- Price: $49.00 each (For your existing Thunderbolt monitors, drives, audio/video interfaces, etc.)

One (1) USB-C to Lightning Cable (1 m) -- Price: $25.00 (To connect your iPhone)

One (1) USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter -- Price: $34.95 (To plug your computer into the internet if you don't have awesome WiFi available)

Three (3) USB-C to USB Adapters -- Price: $19.00 (To plug in printers, scanners, jump drives, hard drives, DVD/CD drives, etc.)

One (1) USB-C to VGA Adapter -- Price: $24.95 (To be equipped to present in any low-tech meeting room in the world)

One (1) USB-C to HDMI Adapter -- Price: $19.95 (To plug into an HD or 4K monitor or HDMI peripheral)

Yeah - it's goofy.

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2321 on: November 02, 2016, 04:09:15 PM »
I hate American cities. The public transportation is horrendous and Americans are the most juvenile people I've ever meet. I actually saw an American walking around in fuc*ing baby's clothes at my campus the other day. The fact that baby's clothes are made in adult sizes shows how pathetic Americans are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraphilic_infantilism

Excuse me, but do not kink-shame us. We have our God-given right to practice whatever fetish we want as long as it does not hurt other people. That's what it means to be FREE.

FREEDOM.

Also, this, but unironically. Imagine literally judging someone based only on the clothes they're wearing.

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2322 on: November 02, 2016, 04:12:23 PM »
I hate American cities. The public transportation is horrendous and Americans are the most juvenile people I've ever meet. I actually saw an American walking around in fuc*ing baby's clothes at my campus the other day. The fact that baby's clothes are made in adult sizes shows how pathetic Americans are.

so instead you choose to live in a country where the emotional maturity of most of the people is equivalent to that of a 10 year old?

i will give you the public transportation though.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2323 on: November 02, 2016, 04:32:47 PM »

Was it her?

He's just jelly that he could never look as good.

Offline sligo

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2324 on: November 02, 2016, 05:42:42 PM »

the other day being halloween, right?

YoungMin

« Reply #2325 on: November 02, 2016, 06:17:17 PM »

Fair play mate. 9/10 rant.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2326 on: November 02, 2016, 06:19:36 PM »

Was it her?

Or her?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEmKN6DT-VE

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2327 on: November 02, 2016, 08:53:54 PM »
Why does every public lighting installation here have to be that slow-transition-multi-colored lighting? Just when I thought the new Lotte Mall in Jamsil wasn't half bad looking they flipped on the lights, and sure enough it was that very STMC lighting all over the exterior. And now, the same has happened for the adjoining super tower. Now that the structure is completed I concluded against my initial judgement that it isn't such a bad looking building afterall. But just today, running down the Han in the evening, I look up to see the crowning antennae structure lit up for the first time. My initial reaction was that it added nicely to the overall effect until two seconds later it changed from a light peach color to a deep magenta, then to purple, then to dark blue. Does anyone else find this lighting overly garish and especially tacky and basically unbecoming for anything other than a Christmas tree?  Why am I so bothered by it :cry:(Speaking of Christmas trees, why am I so bothered by cafes that put up Christmas themed trinkets and then leave them up year-round?! And speaking of tacky, how about all that weird chintzy faux-victorian-era rococo looking furniture you see all over the dramas here?! IT'S ALL COMING OUT NOW!!) :blank:

Was it her?

Or her?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEmKN6DT-VE

Don't you feel like k-pop is a billion-dollar industrialization of this fetish? Props for the 30 Rock clip, btw~
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 09:04:50 PM by donovan »

Offline Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2328 on: November 02, 2016, 10:07:33 PM »
11 weeks since I left Korea and STILL waiting for my housing deposit

Will my ties to Korea ever be severed  :cry: (probably not whilst I still stalk waygook.org)

Offline Soggysocks

• Veteran
« Reply #2329 on: November 03, 2016, 11:48:43 AM »
Who was the lazy person that neglected to teach Koreans the word "letter?" Q is not the alphabet. Q is a LETTER! The LETTER Q, not ALPHABET Q! And when I say LETTER, don't confuse the students by translating with ALPHABET, idiot coteacher!

Also, if I hear "finish-ee, lunch-ee, alphabet H-ee" one more time...

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2330 on: November 03, 2016, 11:50:48 AM »
some of my students think the word for "letter" is "spell"
 :huh: :cry: :cry:

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2331 on: November 03, 2016, 11:55:39 AM »
Why does every public lighting installation here have to be that slow-transition-multi-colored lighting? Just when I thought the new Lotte Mall in Jamsil wasn't half bad looking they flipped on the lights, and sure enough it was that very STMC lighting all over the exterior. And now, the same has happened for the adjoining super tower. Now that the structure is completed I concluded against my initial judgement that it isn't such a bad looking building afterall. But just today, running down the Han in the evening, I look up to see the crowning antennae structure lit up for the first time. My initial reaction was that it added nicely to the overall effect until two seconds later it changed from a light peach color to a deep magenta, then to purple, then to dark blue. Does anyone else find this lighting overly garish and especially tacky and basically unbecoming for anything other than a Christmas tree?  Why am I so bothered by it :cry:(Speaking of Christmas trees, why am I so bothered by cafes that put up Christmas themed trinkets and then leave them up year-round?! And speaking of tacky, how about all that weird chintzy faux-victorian-era rococo looking furniture you see all over the dramas here?! IT'S ALL COMING OUT NOW!!) :blank:

Don't you feel like k-pop is a billion-dollar industrialization of this fetish? Props for the 30 Rock clip, btw~
I went to a hotel last weekend and they had a mix of huge bright Christmas decorations, trees, and lights with Halloween stuff. It was driving me crazy. But you're right, there are too many cafes that just leave it all up all year. I'm a very festive person, in the right seasons. Bah humbug.

And yes, kpop is essentially just pure infantalization.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #2332 on: November 03, 2016, 12:33:13 PM »
That 21 Year Old Girl Vid almost got me in trouble at work. Thanks jackass.

Offline bluehermione

• Veteran
« Reply #2333 on: November 03, 2016, 01:14:28 PM »
Who was the lazy person that neglected to teach Koreans the word "letter?" Q is not the alphabet. Q is a LETTER! The LETTER Q, not ALPHABET Q! And when I say LETTER, don't confuse the students by translating with ALPHABET, idiot coteacher!

Omg this annoys me so much too, especially the part about coteachers translating "letter" as "alphabet." Ugghhhhhh

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2334 on: November 03, 2016, 01:42:59 PM »
For the last few days this week, one of the teachers has been making something to drink, some sort of tea, and it is SO strong smelling. I can't tell if I like it or hate it, but it is so distinct.

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2335 on: November 03, 2016, 01:50:56 PM »
That 21 Year Old Girl Vid almost got me in trouble at work. Thanks jackass.

And then the same teacher that almost got you in trouble for having that on your screen shows their students some Kpop video where scantily clad teens dry hump chairs.

Online Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #2336 on: November 03, 2016, 02:45:41 PM »
11 weeks since I left Korea and STILL waiting for my housing deposit

Will my ties to Korea ever be severed  :cry: (probably not whilst I still stalk waygook.org)
Sorry to say, but chances are, if they have stalled this long, they aren't going to pay you.

Do you have boots on the ground who can help?

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2337 on: November 03, 2016, 03:05:34 PM »
For the last few days this week, one of the teachers has been making something to drink, some sort of tea, and it is SO strong smelling. I can't tell if I like it or hate it, but it is so distinct.

Does it smell sort of like berries mixed with licorice, that sort of thing?

Homemade jujube tea is really popular this time of year, and the smell is super strong. The tea itself is thick and brown and will normally have some of the sliced up berries floating around in it.

Offline denimdaze

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2338 on: November 03, 2016, 03:09:38 PM »
I wanted to take a picture of the ginko trees at my school.  The leaves were about to peak and be all brilliant and yellow.  BUT due to a hard freeze and then wind, they are now almost totally bare. 

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2339 on: November 03, 2016, 03:13:15 PM »

Does it smell sort of like berries mixed with licorice, that sort of thing?

Homemade jujube tea is really popular this time of year, and the smell is super strong. The tea itself is thick and brown and will normally have some of the sliced up berries floating around in it.

Jujube tea is baller as heck and it smells amazing. Mix that life with some fresh ginger, and you've got a premium tea life going.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment