October 17, 2017, 04:39:59 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 518814 times)

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #2300 on: November 01, 2016, 04:55:08 PM »
I just lazied my foot to sleep.

I have to climb four flights of stairs in a sec.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2301 on: November 01, 2016, 05:17:51 PM »

Better post about it on Waygook first.

Just kidding - it's hell of lame when your foot falls asleep.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2302 on: November 01, 2016, 06:07:33 PM »
My USB stick died. It just suddenly stopped working yesterday after class and I've tried everything to try to save it. :cry: I tried again today but no luck. I've had this thing for six-ish years though, so maybe it was time and I should have had the foresight to have it replaced sooner. How often do flash drives even need to be replaced? For some reason I expected it to last longer. :cry:
Woah. That seems like so long! Mine only ever last for a couple. The one I'm using right now has about 3 years to it and I'm amazed. I need to get a new one cuz I'm just waiting for it to die.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2303 on: November 01, 2016, 06:16:31 PM »

Better post about it on Waygook first.

Just kidding - it's hell of lame when your foot falls asleep.

Always and forever, there's always time to bitch on Waygook before anything else.

The pins/needles disappeared after I managed to hobble past the second floor.

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2304 on: November 02, 2016, 10:49:26 AM »
Has Apple really left off a bunch of ports from its new macbook pro release?

I understand wanting to "pave the way for the future" but that's a bit too much too soon. All of it is still too commonly in use.

Thank gawd for adapters.

But like c'mon Apple - if I'm paying literally double for a slice of the Apple cult pie than I would for an equally good Windows notebook, I don't want to be carrying adapters and dongles around, too. Ugh. UGH. First world problems.

Also since the current whining trend is about the temperature of the weather, I'll go now, too.

I literally had my aircon on in the first half of October. Now I'm unironically wearing gloves and layers. Gross.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2305 on: November 02, 2016, 10:58:06 AM »
Yeah, I know, I hate that if I want a new macbook pro I'll have to purchase at least two adapters to go along with it now. They're small and will fit easily fit into a pouch, but I don't like the idea of having to mess with them. But when I think about it, I also won't really have to fiddle with them that much... except for the USB adapter, but those are small and can be left in the computer if I want.

My rant of the day: My feet are swollen this morning (thanks, new shoes), I'm tired, and classes today will consist of me mindlessly walking around the classroom as students work on semester projects to show off to parents later.

I'm going to try to sneak my laptop in with me so that I can at least work on camp shit, but I have a feeling they're going to want 100% of my attention on how many circles I can walk around the classroom before the bell rings.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 11:54:21 AM by Chinguetti »

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2306 on: November 02, 2016, 11:06:19 AM »
the fact that they've left all those ports off is just dumb. when they removed the CD drive i could understand because hardly anyone uses CDs anymore. but literally EVERYONE still uses USBs. and they took the 3.5mm headphone jack off the iPhone, when literally EVERYONE still uses 3.5mm headphones.

USB and 3.5mm headphones aren't going away any time soon. not even close.

and what's the point of making such a sleek, slim laptop if you have to carry a bunch of adapters and other crap around just to make it functional? oh yeah, apple can get your $$$ that way, that's the point.

Apple have seriously lost their way recently.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #2307 on: November 02, 2016, 11:51:41 AM »
the fact that they've left all those ports off is just dumb. when they removed the CD drive i could understand because hardly anyone uses CDs anymore. but literally EVERYONE still uses USBs. and they took the 3.5mm headphone jack off the iPhone, when literally EVERYONE still uses 3.5mm headphones.

USB and 3.5mm headphones aren't going away any time soon. not even close.

and what's the point of making such a sleek, slim laptop if you have to carry a bunch of adapters and other crap around just to make it functional? oh yeah, apple can get your $$$ that way, that's the point.

Apple have seriously lost their way recently.

Wireless headphones suck. The whole point of the phone is that it has a nice DAC in it and that it can decode the digital music in your memory card. A 100$ pair of bluetooth headphones will sound WAY worse than a pair of 100$ cabled headphones. But hey, there's no cable!
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2308 on: November 02, 2016, 11:59:35 AM »
I'm with you on the no-USB thing. That move was just too much too soon.

Wireless headphones suck. The whole point of the phone is that it has a nice DAC in it and that it can decode the digital music in your memory card. A 100$ pair of bluetooth headphones will sound WAY worse than a pair of 100$ cabled headphones. But hey, there's no cable!

Wireless headphones are also a problem for people who tend to lose small things easily.

Like me.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2309 on: November 02, 2016, 12:48:00 PM »

Wireless headphones are also a problem for people who tend to lose small things easily.

Like me.
That's my biggest worry. I would like the convenience of running with wireless, but I would lose them too quickly.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2310 on: November 02, 2016, 12:59:41 PM »

Like me.
That's my biggest worry. I would like the convenience of running with wireless, but I would lose them too quickly.

Seriously. I listen to music when I take the busses from one city to another and inevitably I fall asleep. If it were to fall out of my ear during the ride and slide down the aisle beneath all the seats, I would never be able to find it.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2311 on: November 02, 2016, 01:26:57 PM »

Like me.

Seriously. I listen to music when I take the busses from one city to another and inevitably I fall asleep. If it were to fall out of my ear during the ride and slide down the aisle beneath all the seats, I would never be able to find it.

And the fact that they cost $100 would make the loss that much worse.

Gawddamn it, Apple.

I wonder how plentiful wired headphones that can make use of the lightning port will become. Give us some variety, at least. I hate Apple's default earbuds.

Offline Mister Tim

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2312 on: November 02, 2016, 01:40:07 PM »
I had been using iPhones the entire time I've been in Korea (almost 5 years now  :huh:), but when my 5S was on its last legs recently, I went out and bought a shiny new S7 Edge. TBH, the lack of a headphone jack on the iPhone 7 is a good 75% of why I made the switch, haha. I doubt it will dissuade enough customers to actually hurt the sales too much, but it did cost them at least this one customer  :laugh:.

I also recently replaced my iPad with a Surface Pro 4, incidentally, and it's an improvement in every conceivable way. For what it cost it had better be, but still.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2313 on: November 02, 2016, 01:40:14 PM »

Like me.

And the fact that they cost $100 would make the loss that much worse.

Gawddamn it, Apple.

I wonder how plentiful wired headphones that can make use of the lightning port will become. Give us some variety, at least. I hate Apple's default earbuds.

I actually really like Apple's earbuds and will go out of my way to buy them over any other kind, mainly because of the shape, but forcing the wireless ones onto iPhone users is a dumb move. I don't have an iPhone but still.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2314 on: November 02, 2016, 01:41:23 PM »
I had been using iPhones the entire time I've been in Korea (almost 5 years now  :huh:), but when my 5S was on its last legs recently, I went out and bought a shiny new S7 Edge. TBH, the lack of a headphone jack on the iPhone 7 is a good 75% of why I made the switch, haha. I doubt it will dissuade enough customers to actually hurt the sales too much, but it did cost them at least this one customer  :laugh:.

I also recently replaced my iPad with a Surface Pro 4, incidentally, and it's an improvement in every conceivable way. For what it cost it had better be, but still.

I was considering switching back to iPhone but after the new release maybe not haha I might end up getting a previous model, though.

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2315 on: November 02, 2016, 03:08:17 PM »
how's this for Apple's genius - you can't even connect the new iPhone to the new Macbook Pro because the Macbook doesn't have a lightning port. you need - you guessed it - an adapter. so now Apple products can't even be connected to each other  :laugh:

here's a full list of the adapters you'll probably need if you buy a new Macbook Pro:

Three (3) Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapters -- Price: $49.00 each (For your existing Thunderbolt monitors, drives, audio/video interfaces, etc.)

One (1) USB-C to Lightning Cable (1 m) -- Price: $25.00 (To connect your iPhone)

One (1) USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter -- Price: $34.95 (To plug your computer into the internet if you don't have awesome WiFi available)

Three (3) USB-C to USB Adapters -- Price: $19.00 (To plug in printers, scanners, jump drives, hard drives, DVD/CD drives, etc.)

One (1) USB-C to VGA Adapter -- Price: $24.95 (To be equipped to present in any low-tech meeting room in the world)

One (1) USB-C to HDMI Adapter -- Price: $19.95 (To plug into an HD or 4K monitor or HDMI peripheral)

Offline mrc45

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2316 on: November 02, 2016, 03:25:38 PM »
I hate American cities. The public transportation is horrendous and Americans are the most juvenile people I've ever meet. I actually saw an American walking around in fuc*ing baby's clothes at my campus the other day. The fact that baby's clothes are made in adult sizes shows how pathetic Americans are.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #2317 on: November 02, 2016, 03:55:53 PM »
I hate American cities. The public transportation is horrendous and Americans are the most juvenile people I've ever meet. I actually saw an American walking around in fuc*ing baby's clothes at my campus the other day. The fact that baby's clothes are made in adult sizes shows how pathetic Americans are.

Was it her?

Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2318 on: November 02, 2016, 04:04:20 PM »

Wait - you realize that hate speech is literally against the rules of this website, right? Calling an entire country's citizenry 'pathetic' is definitely against the terms of use of Waygook.org.

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2319 on: November 02, 2016, 04:07:03 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraphilic_infantilism

Excuse me, but do not kink-shame us. We have our God-given right to practice whatever fetish we want as long as it does not hurt other people. That's what it means to be FREE.

FREEDOM.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment