November 19, 2017, 11:42:29 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 564854 times)

Online yirj17

• The Legend
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #2120 on: October 26, 2016, 01:58:09 PM »
What are "yos"?

요. Those blankets that you put on the floor or your mattress before you lie down.

Google translate is thoroughly useless sometimes (especially with Korean). I had literally typed in "요" and got "yo" in return. 

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2121 on: October 26, 2016, 01:59:27 PM »
What are "yos"?

요. Those blankets that you put on the floor or your mattress before you lie down.

Google translate is thoroughly useless sometimes (especially with Korean). I had literally typed in "요" and got "yo" in return.

LOL I think it's called a comforter in English. Not really sure.

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2122 on: October 26, 2016, 02:05:44 PM »
What are "yos"?

a sleeping mat used for sleeping on the floor.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2123 on: October 26, 2016, 02:11:17 PM »
What are "yos"?

They're not quite the same as the ones you put on your bed in place of a sheet - they're thicker.

Kind of Korean-style futon except in my experience Japanese futons are much thicker compared to Korean yos.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2124 on: October 26, 2016, 02:14:02 PM »
When I visited Japan once upon a time, the first place our group stayed at was a ryokan/traditional inn. The bedding was all those wonderful futons that you just roll up and store away in a closet afterward. I swear that was the most comfortable bed I'd ever slept in. Once I settle down somewhere I fully intend to get one of those.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2125 on: October 26, 2016, 02:15:00 PM »
What are "yos"?

They're not quite the same as the ones you put on your bed in place of a sheet - they're thicker.

Kind of Korean-style futon except in my experience Japanese futons are much thicker compared to Korean yos.

There a few different sizes in terms of thickness but usually people will put the thicker one down first followed by the thinner one. Also, I don't think they're meant to take the place of your sheet but rather in addition to. :blank: I want to sleep now.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2126 on: October 26, 2016, 02:18:48 PM »
well you know, that bed pad that they put on the beds here that we don't use in the west. Those aren't the same as yos.

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2127 on: October 26, 2016, 02:25:27 PM »
gmarket has gotta have the worst search function ever devised in the history of the internet.

how can searching for 'PS4' bring up a pair of pink women's Nike slippers within the first 10 items?  :lipsrsealed:

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2128 on: October 26, 2016, 02:26:16 PM »
I think my boss teacher definitely (not so) secretly hates me. Whenever I do anything wrong (or just something she doesn't like) she always says "everyone saw [whatever]"

Last week when we had that fight, I don't remember if I wrote here, but she kept saying at one point "Everyone sees you" and I asked what that meant and she just repeated herself "Everyone sees you everyday" I said something like, ok, I'm sorry that no one likes me, and she said that wasn't what she meant

(On my mind because she got upset at me for something today and went on about how "everyone saw")

Offline Nokcha

• Veteran
« Reply #2129 on: October 26, 2016, 02:28:30 PM »
Have to vent. Anyone have clackers in their office? The people who hit their keyboards to hard it creates an annoying clacking sound? I know some keyboards clack louder than others, but I swear the women in my office really hit those keys hard. Driving me to my bose external sound reducing headphones with the trance up high....

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2130 on: October 26, 2016, 02:29:40 PM »
I think my boss teacher definitely (not so) secretly hates me. Whenever I do anything wrong (or just something she doesn't like) she always says "everyone saw [whatever]"

Last week when we had that fight, I don't remember if I wrote here, but she kept saying at one point "Everyone sees you" and I asked what that meant and she just repeated herself "Everyone sees you everyday" I said something like, ok, I'm sorry that no one likes me, and she said that wasn't what she meant

(On my mind because she got upset at me for something today and went on about how "everyone saw")
I'm curious as well, what that could possibly mean. Is this the same one who you had the big argument with?

Offline waygookkorea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2131 on: October 26, 2016, 02:30:44 PM »

For some reason that just sounds enraging. Like, what could you possibly be doing that she would say "Everyone sees you" over and over? Haha, what could be more confrontational?

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2132 on: October 26, 2016, 02:36:19 PM »

How childish of her. This extends to everyone else I ever come into contact with as well but I wish people would just be straightforward about their feelings. If she won't elaborate on what it is that "everyone saw" then it probably isn't really a big deal and no one actually saw anything and she's just trying to make you feel like sh*t. Sorry you have to deal with this. :sad:

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2133 on: October 26, 2016, 02:36:21 PM »

John Goodman always reminds me of the reaction I'd give to this kind of stupid talk....

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2134 on: October 26, 2016, 02:43:06 PM »

Pretend she is just talking about how: in a day, everyone looked at you; Then say the same thing back: "everyone saw you too."
I mean, in an office, everyone, more or less, sees everyone, right?

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2135 on: October 26, 2016, 02:46:36 PM »

If I were going to hazard a guess, it might be her not-so-subtle way of saying that everyone is watching you and you can't hide what you're REALLY doing. Basically, it sounds like she thinks you're fake and she's trying to let you know that no one is fooled by it, and/or she's trying to shame or humiliate you by drawing attention and focus on whatever it is that she's criticizing you for.

Whatever the case may be, it's super childish.

My advice is not to respond to it beyond a "so what" kind of attitude or mentality. Just blow her off. Don't seek her feedback or advice for anything, she does NOT have your best interest in mind. If she says anything to criticize what you say or do, at most just tell her you'll keep it in mind. Don't ask her any follow-up questions or whatever because she probably isn't going to give you anything helpful since, again, she does NOT have your best interest in mind.

I don't know what her problem is, and you'll probably never find out. There's nothing you can do about that. All you can do is be more professional than her and to not allow anything she says to you to affect you -- if you want some sense of satisfaction out of that, this will probably bother the **** out of her more than anything else would.

I'm sorry that you're having to deal with someone like this. Ideally, she'll shit out whatever she's got up her ass and finally walk with a little more sense, but, either way, I hope it improves for you.

gidget

« Reply #2136 on: October 26, 2016, 03:09:36 PM »
Death of a friendship = planning a vacation together.

I was supposed to go on vacation with a friend. She really wanted to travel and she was saying that her family and friends don't like travelling with her but she didn't want to travel alone so she suggested we travel together. 
Now, I need a visa, she doesn't. The earliest I can apply for my visa is in November. I told her this, she said she was fine with it. But ever since May, 3x a month, I've had to tell her, again, why I still haven't applied for my visa.
I can bear repeating the same thing over and over again. What gets my goat, is that in July she spoke to a coworker of hers who told her I was being lazy and I was a liar and I could get my visa any time I wanted. She calls me, gleefully tells me what her coworker says and says she agrees with him because he travels all around the world and he knows so much and then calls me lazy and a liar (never mind that he and I are different nationalities which means our visa requirements aren't the same).
Nope, I showed her all the documentation, she wanted to know why I hadn't bothered to tell her about my visa before. Things calmed down and we went back to her asking me 3x a month if I had my visa yet.
This month she freaked out completely and started yelling at me that I still didn't have my visa and her coworker told her that I was lying. She shouted and called me lazy and a liar, again, so I told her I'd had it and I was out of the vacation. Her language got really colorful so I politely ended the call.

I've now deeply and mortally offended her because I'm younger than her and I was the one who cancelled the trip - I have no right to cancel anything, only she can and she still wanted to go. I also ended the call first because she was merely screaming at me. Only the person who is older can end the phone call. And if someone older than you is yelling at you? You have to accept it.

Ah, no.

So many signs... I hate it when I'm oblivious (my first word choice was stupid).

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2137 on: October 26, 2016, 03:14:32 PM »

I was supposed to go on vacation with a friend. She really wanted to travel and she was saying that her family and friends don't like travelling with her but she didn't want to travel alone so she suggested we travel together. 
Now, I need a visa, she doesn't. The earliest I can apply for my visa is in November. I told her this, she said she was fine with it. But ever since May, 3x a month, I've had to tell her, again, why I still haven't applied for my visa.
I can bear repeating the same thing over and over again. What gets my goat, is that in July she spoke to a coworker of hers who told her I was being lazy and I was a liar and I could get my visa any time I wanted. She calls me, gleefully tells me what her coworker says and says she agrees with him because he travels all around the world and he knows so much and then calls me lazy and a liar (never mind that he and I are different nationalities which means our visa requirements aren't the same).
Nope, I showed her all the documentation, she wanted to know why I hadn't bothered to tell her about my visa before. Things calmed down and we went back to her asking me 3x a month if I had my visa yet.
This month she freaked out completely and started yelling at me that I still didn't have my visa and her coworker told her that I was lying. She shouted and called me lazy and a liar, again, so I told her I'd had it and I was out of the vacation. Her language got really colorful so I politely ended the call.

I've now deeply and mortally offended her because I'm younger than her and I was the one who cancelled the trip - I have no right to cancel anything, only she can and she still wanted to go. I also ended the call first because she was merely screaming at me. Only the person who is older can end the phone call. And if someone older than you is yelling at you? You have to accept it.

Ah, no.

So many signs... I hate it when I'm oblivious (my first word choice was stupid).
It sounds like she's just annoying. Planning a vacation together doesn't have to mean the end of a friendship, but it seems she just wasn't a great friend in the first place. Because why would you talk crap about a friend behind their back, then tell them about it, while simultaneously calling them a liar? That's not a friendship.
I'm super petty, so if it were me, I'd probably still go on the trip without her. And make sure she knows about it.

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2138 on: October 26, 2016, 03:23:09 PM »

Ah, no.

She sounds psycho...

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2139 on: October 26, 2016, 03:24:09 PM »
i think gidget dodged a massive bullett there. if they haven't even been on a vacation yet and are just planning it and she's already acting like that, travelling with her would be absolute hell.