November 19, 2017, 10:19:26 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 564726 times)

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #2060 on: October 25, 2016, 03:31:10 PM »
Tidus. I hate your voice. You ruin dramatic scenes.
I feel like I'm missing something. All I can think of is Titus from Kimmy Schmidt.

Tidus is shocked you've never heard of him

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2061 on: October 25, 2016, 03:31:10 PM »
I feel like I'm missing something. All I can think of is Titus from Kimmy Schmidt.

Final Fantasy X. Nearly every time he speaks I wanna chuck something at the TV. I'd rather listen to Navi from Zelda.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2062 on: October 25, 2016, 03:31:20 PM »
What do you guys do to not let super crappy classes get under your skin? On Tuesday I have the worst class at the end of the day and by the end, I feel so crappy and upset. Right now I'm listening to the Studio Ghibli relaxing piano collection.

Hoho Halo3 I just got out of one such class. You reminded me of a post I wanted to make here.

So this is the demon 3-3 class, the one after which my jerk cot is always hassling me. I feel like every class lately is worse than the last, because it's the last semester for them before they move on to high school and finals are in 2 weeks. This is also the class that the infamous Donghun is in (the one who I called annoying).

As soon as I walk into class, Donghun stands up and starts yelling at me WHY ENGLISH CLASS WHY and I just say sorry, I have to teach you. He keeps on with I HATE ENGLISH WHY ENGLISH and starts banging his head against the wall hard

That's the kind of greeting I love to receive upon walking into my classroom  :undecided: :cry:  :blank:

Anyways right now I'm listening to a mix of trot music with "Unconditional" as the seed
Ugh. Mine is MS grade 2. At least they don't shout at me that they hate English though. Today I literally taught to 2 students while the rest talked, threw paper or played paper baseball, or played some insanely loud desk/hand slapping game.

I don't have a co at all, even though I have requested one for AT LEAST this class. I have been told that "they will work on it," to deal with it, and to report the students (but that I should be aware they can't actually punish the students and that apparently the only thing they are scared of is older students),

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2063 on: October 25, 2016, 03:32:32 PM »
If you are in the thrown for more than a minute to do your business, you best go see a doctor, change your diet, and drink more water.

30 minutes? Uffdah.  You're going to blow a gasket.

Don't you ever just take your phone to the restroom, drop your pants, open your favorite app, and just sit until your legs start falling asleep? :lipsrsealed:

Nice euphemism.  'I'm just downloading a new app' just took on a new meaning.

It's a portmanteau :afro:

(I really wasn't getting at that, but worried others might go there.)

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #2064 on: October 25, 2016, 03:33:46 PM »
Can we stop pretending and just own the drug thing, at least the weed part?

Yeah, we've all smoked a bunch of pot. Most of us stopped when we came here. Some of us smoke when we go on vacation. A few of us are stupid/slick enough to smuggle it in. In all honesty, you're probably right to be suspicious of us because if you didn't test or come down hard, this place would be overflowing with it and teachers would be stoned out of their gourd most of the time and truth be told, it's probably for the best we aren't.

Let's stop acting like this is some unwarranted accusation and besmirching of our character. We smoke pot. Our countries are slowly coming around to legalizing it. It is what it is. If we want legal bud at home, we're going to have to accept the reputation as a bunch of stoners in other countries. When our two most popular shows on TV are about A) A High-school teacher turned meth cook and dealer and B) A borderline celebratory biographical series of the most notorious drug dealer of all time, we're going to be under the microscope. That's just how it is. I guess that's what the Dutch have been dealing with all this time. Whatever, they can handle it, so can I.

I was hanging out with a couple of Korean girls and the subject of weed came up. One of them was like "did you know some foreigners got caught with it?? Sometimes foreigners grow weed here!" and her friend goes, "yeah, but Koreans do it too!" and the first girl's eyes went wide like... "REALLY?" it totally blew her mind that a Korean person would engage in illegal drug activity.

To be fair, if some random Korean mentioned that they smoked pot all through college, you'd be pretty surprised too.

I mean the person out there who just shrugs when a Korean person says "Yeah, I grow dope over at my apartment in Nowon" is one cool cucumber.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2065 on: October 25, 2016, 03:37:54 PM »

Oh my. He looks like he would have an annoying voice. And I was never a gamer on any level. I only know Cloud from FF.  :lipsrsealed:

Offline Athena

• Waygookin
« Reply #2066 on: October 25, 2016, 03:38:02 PM »
I wonder how Korea will react once the US legalizes weed in the rest of the states. Like you can't be surprised if it shows up in a drug test anymore around summer and xmas vacation lol

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2067 on: October 25, 2016, 03:48:30 PM »

Oh my. He looks like he would have an annoying voice. And I was never a gamer on any level. I only know Cloud from FF.  :lipsrsealed:

Tidus would be much more tolerable as a silent protagonist type. Alas

Online Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #2068 on: October 25, 2016, 03:52:18 PM »
That's a he?

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #2069 on: October 25, 2016, 03:56:11 PM »
That's a he?

I'd hate to see your drunk goggles if you think that's a girl. Might want to rewind and replay the foggy memories of Thailand and the Philippines there.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2070 on: October 25, 2016, 03:56:36 PM »
That's a he?

He is sometimes called "Meg Ryan."

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2071 on: October 25, 2016, 04:00:16 PM »

Seeing as Canada has the highest usage rate of just under 20% (in the past year) and the US is just below 10%, no it's probably not best to own it.

Something being relatively common amongst one group does not make it indicative of the whole group. That's called stereotyping.

Source for US numbers: http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapsychiatry/article-abstract/2464591

Online Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #2072 on: October 25, 2016, 04:02:45 PM »
No kidding?

I don't play video games, or whatever you guys call them these days.

If that is what is passing as male, ouch...

Waxed eyebrows, shaved chest, high lights, low lights,...very feminine to me, as I don't quite get the metrosexual trend.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #2073 on: October 25, 2016, 04:03:22 PM »

Seeing as Canada has the highest usage rate of just under 20% (in the past year) and the US is just below 10%, no it's probably not best to own it.

Something being relatively common amongst one group does not make it indicative of the whole group. That's called stereotyping.

Source for US numbers: http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapsychiatry/article-abstract/2464591

Alright, next time you're out with a group of foreigners, ask the question "Have you ever smoked weed?" or "Did you smoke weed on your last vacation?" Is there shock at anyone who says yes to both questions? Is there shock at anyone who says 'no' to the first question?

Now do it with Koreans.

Come on, let's not try and pretend this is some crazy idea. Have you ever smoked weed?

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #2074 on: October 25, 2016, 04:08:24 PM »
No kidding?

I don't play video games, or whatever you guys call them these days.

If that is what is passing as male, ouch...

Waxed eyebrows, shaved chest, high lights, low lights,...very feminine to me, as I don't quite get the metrosexual trend.

It's a pretty old game. As for the eyebrows, its called CG rendering circa 2001. Also, Japanese people are usually hairless. That and dyed hair was the trend back when the game came out. It's not high lights and low lights, it's called dying your blonde and the roots start to grow out.

As I said, if you think that's a girl, I'd hate to see the "women" you've hooked up with if you were ever out in SE Asia/Philippines.

Online Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #2075 on: October 25, 2016, 04:14:01 PM »
Thankfully, happily married and the "lady boy" crowd was never my thing.

You see foreigners with the shemales and have to wonder...surely, they've got to know.

Whatever floats your boat.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2076 on: October 25, 2016, 04:32:09 PM »
What do you guys do to not let super crappy classes get under your skin? On Tuesday I have the worst class at the end of the day and by the end, I feel so crappy and upset. Right now I'm listening to the Studio Ghibli relaxing piano collection.

Depends on the class. I'm usually able to leave it behind in the classroom because of how I handle the behavior as it's happening real-time, but I'm also given a lot of freedom to assert my authority, so you know... that makes a big difference. xD

With other things, especially those I don't have much or any control over, I normally start working on something. Anything. Could be lesson planning, could be sweeping the floor. I'm normally still replaying events over in my head, but keeping busy seems to help me work through that.

Also, I watch funny vids or animations.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2077 on: October 25, 2016, 04:46:20 PM »
I accidentally purchased a sweet loaf bread instead of normal bread. And it's in that weird in-between area where it's not really sweet, but it has just enough sweetness for you to detect it, and I don't like it.

I'm hoping that a pesto glaze and some baking in the oven will turn it into a decent crouton.

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2078 on: October 25, 2016, 07:31:09 PM »

Alright, next time you're out with a group of foreigners, ask the question "Have you ever smoked weed?" or "Did you smoke weed on your last vacation?" Is there shock at anyone who says yes to both questions? Is there shock at anyone who says 'no' to the first question?

Now do it with Koreans.

Come on, let's not try and pretend this is some crazy idea. Have you ever smoked weed?

Numbers beat out opinions every time. You can claim anything you want on behalf of your country that doesn't make it true.

I'd happily sue for defamation anyone that told the public I smoked weed. I don't give a flying fart what other people do though. To your last question, no never have. Never will.

This was one of main points of contention with my last CT. She asked me some of the most ludicrous questions imaginable wrt drugs.

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #2079 on: October 25, 2016, 07:50:58 PM »
the US is just below 10%

Not anymore. It's higher now.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/194195/adults-say-smoke-marijuana.aspx

Thirteen percent of U.S. adults tell Gallup they currently smoke marijuana