November 19, 2017, 09:14:33 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 563991 times)

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #2040 on: October 25, 2016, 01:51:58 PM »
Quote from: donovan on Today at 02:50:22 PM

Quote from: yirj17 on Today at 02:47:42 PM

Quote from: donovan on Today at 02:46:08 PM

I stepped in a Korean puddle today. :sad:

Is that better or worse than a foreign puddle?

Just as wet, but more malicious~

I thought Korean puddles were the puddles created when someone regardless of nationstate membership takes a puke on the ground in this country from a hard night of drinking the national drink and pigeons come to eat it to get drunk.

Don't give me that 'it was drunk so it's not responsible for its actions' excuse. That Korean puddle knew exactly what it was doing.

(Sorry for tangling threads. The 'Cashier' thread got locked for some reason, but I had some unfinished business.)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 01:53:43 PM by donovan »

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2041 on: October 25, 2016, 01:56:30 PM »
I always heard they were called "kimchi flowers" lol

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #2042 on: October 25, 2016, 01:57:21 PM »

Street pizza, no?

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2043 on: October 25, 2016, 02:00:02 PM »

They're certainly fragrant and attract birds

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2044 on: October 25, 2016, 02:02:10 PM »
My school decided that because of that Wednesday that was cancelled because of the typhoon a while back, we're going to have the Wednesday schedule twice this week (W and F). I only had two weeks to finish chapter 9 before the 3rd graders' midterm and now I'm missing class with one of my Friday third grade classes. It doesn't really affect me because the coteacher I have that class with isn't going to try to make me teacher 2x the content in one class but... why. The students have almost every class each day so I'm not sure what huge difference having an extra Wednesday and one less Friday matters. It just makes my schedule confusing.

YoungMin

« Reply #2045 on: October 25, 2016, 02:05:53 PM »
What's this w2k extra taxi fare thing all about? I'm interested. Have they rigged the meter or something?

I hate it when the taxi driver let's someone else in your taxi and makes 2 stops and then when he let's the first dude out he charges em like w5k and then he charges you the actual fare. That's illegal by the way but it's happened to me half a dozen times.

Offline sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2046 on: October 25, 2016, 02:29:52 PM »
What's this w2k extra taxi fare thing all about? I'm interested. Have they rigged the meter or something?

I hate it when the taxi driver let's someone else in your taxi and makes 2 stops and then when he let's the first dude out he charges em like w5k and then he charges you the actual fare. That's illegal by the way but it's happened to me half a dozen times.

That is illegal, and has been for years.  Tell the driver "No" and take a pic of his ID on the dash.  He will quickly apologise and relent.  this usually happens when it rains, as there are more fares to be had. 

it is called 합승.  Just tell him 합승 안해요

Online Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #2047 on: October 25, 2016, 02:44:10 PM »
Yeah, I don't think I ever took a taxi in the 90s, where the driver didn't pickup extra fares along the way.

I just thought it was normal.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 02:55:10 PM by Pecan »

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2048 on: October 25, 2016, 02:49:26 PM »

I just play football manager on my work PC. Been doing it for years. If I get bored of that I usually go for a 30 minute poo and solitaire session.

If it was a 30 minute poo and tetris I'd be more impressed.  Poo tetris.  Good way to kill time.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 02:55:31 PM by Dave Stepz »

Online Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #2049 on: October 25, 2016, 02:58:11 PM »
If you are in the thrown for more than a minute to do your business, you best go see a doctor, change your diet, and drink more water.

30 minutes? Uffdah.  You're going to blow a gasket.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #2050 on: October 25, 2016, 02:59:47 PM »
It always blows my mind when in a TV show or a movie, someone will use slang for a private part and my GF will ask me what it is and I say that it means dick/vag etc and she'll say, "No, it can't be that."

Yes, that's what schlong means. Sorry.

It's the same with Koreans and drugs. I know a lot about drugs because people do drugs where I'm from. It's on TV, movies, people can talk about it. It isn't completely ignored like it is here and when it's brought up no one says "NO, THAT'S WRONG BECAUSE WRONG."

I'm sure we all look like demonic, drug addled sex fiends. Sorry if I know what "Nose Candy" means.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2051 on: October 25, 2016, 03:13:20 PM »

That is illegal, and has been for years.  Tell the driver "No" and take a pic of his ID on the dash.  He will quickly apologise and relent.  this usually happens when it rains, as there are more fares to be had. 

I had that happen once. It was only my second taxi ride in Korea and third ever, so I didn't know it was illegal, but it sure seemed fishy. It was after the subway shut down at night.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2052 on: October 25, 2016, 03:13:21 PM »
It always blows my mind when in a TV show or a movie, someone will use slang for a private part and my GF will ask me what it is and I say that it means dick/vag etc and she'll say, "No, it can't be that."

Yes, that's what schlong means. Sorry.

It's the same with Koreans and drugs. I know a lot about drugs because people do drugs where I'm from. It's on TV, movies, people can talk about it. It isn't completely ignored like it is here and when it's brought up no one says "NO, THAT'S WRONG BECAUSE WRONG."

I'm sure we all look like demonic, drug addled sex fiends. Sorry if I know what "Nose Candy" means.

WRONG.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2053 on: October 25, 2016, 03:17:40 PM »

I had that happen once. It was only my second taxi ride in Korea and third ever, so I didn't know it was illegal, but it sure seemed fishy. It was after the subway shut down at night.

I've had it happen to me a couple of times, too -- didn't know if that was okay, wanted to say something about it but just let it go. Now I wish I'd said something. xD

I also hate it when I get the odd driver who tries to short me on my change. Like, really, dude? I may not know Korean, but I know how to math just fine. I can see the meter right there.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2054 on: October 25, 2016, 03:18:50 PM »
What do you guys do to not let super crappy classes get under your skin? On Tuesday I have the worst class at the end of the day and by the end, I feel so crappy and upset. Right now I'm listening to the Studio Ghibli relaxing piano collection.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2055 on: October 25, 2016, 03:21:08 PM »
If you are in the thrown for more than a minute to do your business, you best go see a doctor, change your diet, and drink more water.

Don't you ever just take your phone to the restroom, drop your pants, open your favorite app, and just sit until your legs start falling asleep? :lipsrsealed:

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2056 on: October 25, 2016, 03:22:51 PM »
Oh yeah, about drugs.

The ignorance about drugs here was kind of a shock to me. Even though I knew that drugs weren't a big problem here, I was still surprised that many people didn't even know what they looked like. I don't really have an opinion on that either way, but it's kind of annoying when Koreans think that absolutely 0% of Koreans do drugs or if they do, it's because they were tempted by some evil foreigners.

I was hanging out with a couple of Korean girls and the subject of weed came up. One of them was like "did you know some foreigners got caught with it?? Sometimes foreigners grow weed here!" and her friend goes, "yeah, but Koreans do it too!" and the first girl's eyes went wide like... "REALLY?" it totally blew her mind that a Korean person would engage in illegal drug activity.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2057 on: October 25, 2016, 03:22:57 PM »
Tidus. I hate your voice. You ruin dramatic scenes.
I feel like I'm missing something. All I can think of is Titus from Kimmy Schmidt.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2058 on: October 25, 2016, 03:23:30 PM »

Don't you ever just take your phone to the restroom, drop your pants, open your favorite app, and just sit until your legs start falling asleep? :lipsrsealed:

Nice euphemism.  'I'm just downloading a new app' just took on a new meaning.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2059 on: October 25, 2016, 03:25:29 PM »
What do you guys do to not let super crappy classes get under your skin? On Tuesday I have the worst class at the end of the day and by the end, I feel so crappy and upset. Right now I'm listening to the Studio Ghibli relaxing piano collection.

Hoho Halo3 I just got out of one such class. You reminded me of a post I wanted to make here.

So this is the demon 3-3 class, the one after which my jerk cot is always hassling me. I feel like every class lately is worse than the last, because it's the last semester for them before they move on to high school and finals are in 2 weeks. This is also the class that the infamous Donghun is in (the one who I called annoying).

As soon as I walk into class, Donghun stands up and starts yelling at me WHY ENGLISH CLASS WHY and I just say sorry, I have to teach you. He keeps on with I HATE ENGLISH WHY ENGLISH and starts banging his head against the wall hard

That's the kind of greeting I love to receive upon walking into my classroom  :undecided: :cry:  :blank:

Anyways right now I'm listening to a mix of trot music with "Unconditional" as the seed