October 19, 2017, 03:26:14 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 521396 times)

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #1700 on: October 13, 2016, 05:43:36 PM »
But like, how many times when you've been eating breakfast have you needed to know when the next subway was coming, or how to get a bus from your current location to where you want to go, or when the last bus or subway is running? Or find a decent restaurant? Or enter an expense in your budget for that coffee you probably just bought using literal physical cash?

Like, I don't need a phone for checking my FB every minute, but like, I need internet access when I'm outside the house doing things and being productive a lot more than I need it when I'm at home relaxing.

I am not denying the usefulness of smartphones for some things for people.  But as my life is in a small city in rural Korea, we have no subway, I have a car, so these are things that don't really affect me.  Before I go on holiday I can do checks on what we can do and things to do from the internet at home or school.  But I also like the adventure and unknown side of things once we are there.  Also, I'm not wanting to sound like one of them self-righteous ones either.  I couldn't give a poop.

My wife has all these things.  I love her Kakaotalk thing whereby she gets messages from her friends, but they are Anipang invites or some game thing.  No actual meaningful contact.

As for expense on my budget?   :huh:  Erm, I have no budget. 

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1701 on: October 13, 2016, 05:46:05 PM »
This is late, and I am quite obviously in the minority, but I love candy corn. I'm having my mom send me a package of them, haha. I also want to try a few of those candy corn flavored things in the article that was linked...

ALso, JYP is gross and that song was even more so.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1702 on: October 13, 2016, 05:51:01 PM »
Just testing the instructions by CO2 to see if it works.

Edit: It works!! Thank you! :laugh:

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #1703 on: October 13, 2016, 05:56:17 PM »
Every Powerpoint you take,
Every health comment you make,
Every comment chain you break,
I'll be watching you
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1704 on: October 13, 2016, 05:59:20 PM »
Like, I genuinely challenge anyone to say that this isn't absolutely top-tier talent and artistry.

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1705 on: October 13, 2016, 06:02:16 PM »
She just can't keep herself from bugging me, though, apparently.

On our way up to the classroom, she told me she thinks it's inappropriate to bring coffee to the classroom. I've been here 7 months and no one, including her, ever said anything about it being bad to bring coffee to the classroom before today. Actually, she used to bring me coffee to my classroom.

Your coT is full of it. Maybe she has control issues and thus feels the need to nitpick on you? Or maybe she spilled something and has now decided it's inappropriate.

One time a coT spilled her tea all over my lesson plans. At least it wasn't coffee. Hasn't stopped her from bringing drinks to the classroom(s).

I don't know your co teacher, but I can picture them thinking this: It was only on the NET's lesson plans, so nothing important.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1706 on: October 13, 2016, 06:02:40 PM »
Every Powerpoint you take,
Every health comment you make,
Every comment chain you break,
I'll be watching you

This is seriously my favorite post so far. I'm quoting you just so I can find this again later because it's going to be in my sig someday in the future.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1707 on: October 13, 2016, 06:04:04 PM »
rant: part of our ongoing construction hell is that there are TWO MISSING WALLS that lead to the outside on floors 2 and 3

it's getting cold

when are they going to finish

never

construction hell forever

Offline CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #1708 on: October 13, 2016, 06:08:53 PM »
This is seriously my favorite post so far. I'm quoting you just so I can find this again later because it's going to be in my sig someday in the future.

I relish the thought. Thanks.

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1709 on: October 13, 2016, 06:10:09 PM »

Too much positivity in here. Shouldn't someone be complaining about kimchi or something?

Offline zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1710 on: October 13, 2016, 06:15:23 PM »
Like, I genuinely challenge anyone to say that this isn't absolutely top-tier talent and artistry.

Sure, talent is on show there. But the song itself is nothing special. I would never go out my way to listen to it again.

It's almost as though musical taste is subjective.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1711 on: October 13, 2016, 06:16:54 PM »

Too much positivity in here. Shouldn't someone be complaining about kimchi or something?

I don't like relish.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1712 on: October 13, 2016, 06:23:10 PM »

I don't like relish.

I don't like bubble tea.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #1713 on: October 13, 2016, 06:26:22 PM »

I don't like relish.

I don't like bubble tea.

I don't relish the housing bubble.

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1714 on: October 13, 2016, 06:31:50 PM »

I don't like relish.

I don't like bubble tea.

I don't relish the housing bubble.
Gosh! I can't believe you guys literally have such wrong opinions. I'm going to write a series of posts saying why you're wrong and why I'm right.

Hope the sarcasm got through on that one.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #1715 on: October 13, 2016, 06:43:30 PM »
Let's get back off topic here:

Is there anything worse than people who insist that the only 'real' music is more than a few decades old, and that 'all this modern stuff isn't even music'?

Seriously. The worst. Do I enjoy classic rock? Yes, I do. Is classic rock the Platonic ideal of music? No. Is a Brittney Spears or 2NE1 track in any way 'less' musical than, say, Abbey Road? No. Is Abbey Road a better album? Probably, yeah. Is that in any way due to its age, or the fact that it has lots of guitars and no computers were involved in making it? No.

Seriously - people who think any music that isn't a couple guitars, drums, and a bass is somehow inferior are the most insufferable.

Also, Kanye West is one of the most talented artists of the past decade.

But I turn on mainstream radio and it's all pop! There's no good music anymore...................

Don't you know the collective population of the world listened to Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin back in the 70s? Now the collective population of the world listens to Kesha and Iggy Azalea.

#lewronggeneration #whycantIbea60yearoldrightnow?

Ugh. This is rant worthy. No, the collective population of the world did not listen to Pink Floyd. The collective white population of the world maybe, but not everyone. And no, not everyone's 90s was defined by Alternative and Pearl Jam and Nirvana and Smashing Pumpkins (great as they were). For some it was NWA, No Limit, Tupac, Biggie, etc. And as much as people rag on rap, and pop like BSB, Britney, Janet Jackson, and so on, at least it brought everyone together and it was the only stuff you could play at Homecoming or Prom night that didn't cause half the school to walk out and go smoke a joint in their car.

On a side note, nothing is worse than you've got rap or reggaeton on at your house party and somebody decides to turn it off and start playing some depressing wailing love song on their acoustic guitar and expect everyone to listen to them. At least have the lyrics be really dirty and funny so everyone can laugh or drink along or something.

I've been to multiple house parties where acoustic guitar guy started and everyone was just like eff this, and went clubbing. Note to acoustic guitar people: Not everyone digs that ****, especially if 60% of the party is black, brown, and yellow.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1716 on: October 13, 2016, 07:05:26 PM »

On a side note, nothing is worse than you've got rap or reggaeton on at your house party and somebody decides to turn it off and start playing some depressing wailing love song on their acoustic guitar and expect everyone to listen to them. At least have the lyrics be really dirty and funny so everyone can laugh or drink along or something.

I've been to multiple house parties where acoustic guitar guy started and everyone was just like eff this, and went clubbing. Note to acoustic guitar people: Not everyone digs that ****, especially if 60% of the party is black, brown, and yellow.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #1717 on: October 13, 2016, 07:12:31 PM »
Anyway, here's Wonderwall. (I have a lot of house parties and my friends always beg me to play it for everyone.)

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #1718 on: October 13, 2016, 07:16:22 PM »

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1719 on: October 14, 2016, 10:34:20 AM »
I used to work in a large office back home so I'm used to that "it's not my job" attitude that so many people had.  They would never do anything to help you if it was a millimetre outside of their job description.

But at least in the UK no one ever actually said to my face "it's not my job".

Another one of those times when I can't believe what I'm hearing. 

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment