October 19, 2017, 03:41:17 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 521499 times)

Offline Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #1440 on: October 07, 2016, 04:26:21 PM »
From public school or from a pivate owner?

Public

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #1441 on: October 07, 2016, 04:29:05 PM »
Imo,

I'm not telling anyone, anything, as I appreciate that this is a rant thread.

I'm just looking to understand where their head is at and what they expect, along with killing some time.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #1442 on: October 07, 2016, 04:32:31 PM »

Public
That's messed up.

What is their excuse?

Did you get your severance and pension in full?

Offline Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1443 on: October 07, 2016, 04:34:39 PM »

Public
That's messed up.

What is their excuse?

My co is just totally ignoring me so I'm not even getting any excuses from my school. I got my severence 3 weeks after I left, which was also later than I expected. And I don't qualify for pension because I'm British!

I emailed the co ordinator for the office of ed but he's on holiday currently  :undecided:

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1444 on: October 07, 2016, 04:35:08 PM »
Imo,

I'm not telling anyone, anything, as I appreciate that this is a rant thread.

I'm just looking to understand where their head is at and what they expect, along with killing some time.

The way that you ask questions is easily interpreted as badgering/disbelief. Tone is hard online though and harder still for some people. I think most of the time that's why people see you as disagreeable (even me sometimes haha).

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #1445 on: October 07, 2016, 04:39:40 PM »

Public
That's messed up.

What is their excuse?

My co is just totally ignoring me so I'm not even getting any excuses from my school. I got my severence 3 weeks after I left, which was also later than I expected. And I don't qualify for pension because I'm British!

I emailed the co ordinator for the office of ed but he's on holiday currently  :undecided:
If you need contact info or help on the ground, let us know.

Offline jlynn2190

• Explorer
« Reply #1446 on: October 07, 2016, 04:51:24 PM »
Why is it when coteachers ask you a question about the difference between two answers they don't tell you what the original question was???

I can tell you the difference between the two sentences, yes.

What I CAN'T tell you is which one is right because I have zero context as to what the original question was....there's virtually a million different ways to answer questions in English and while some may convey more or less information than the other ones, that in itself does not make the answer wrong.

Idk that just seems so weird to me, I told my coteacher on multiple occasions that I can't tell her which one is right without the original question. But she will just text me two sentences (At ALL hours of the day and night mind you) and ask me which one is wrong....wrong in regards to what ma'am???

ughhhhh

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1447 on: October 07, 2016, 04:59:02 PM »
I'm going to offend loads of people here.....I'm sick of hearing people from the US whinge about how things are different at home.

I get it, and I know why people do it and i know they are just comparing it to their home as I would do with the UK and I know there is absolutely no reason for me to be so enraged...but  sometimes it makes me want to scream. I think it's just cos there are more of you so I see it more....

There are other countries in the world, and many of them do things differently to the US. Get over it.

]This thing wouldn't happen in the US" "In the US we do it like this and it's successful"

"This thing that happens in Korea doesn't happen back home in the US and in the US we do it the right way"

I can't find authentic mexican food

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sorry  :sad:

« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 05:01:40 PM by Jennipennypie »

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1448 on: October 07, 2016, 05:05:36 PM »
Whinge. I feel like I've only ever seen this in text and not spoken aloud where I hail from. I think I like this word and will adopt it.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1449 on: October 07, 2016, 05:07:57 PM »
Whinge. I feel like I've only ever seen this in text and not spoken aloud where I hail from. I think I like this word and will adopt it.

Do it. It's a very versatile word :) How will you know how to pronounce it though?

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1450 on: October 07, 2016, 05:10:10 PM »

Do it. It's a very versatile word :) How will you know how to pronounce it though?

That's what google and dictionaries are for  :wink:

Offline alexrathy

• Adventurer
« Reply #1451 on: October 07, 2016, 06:44:35 PM »
Man...that sounds like a case for the Hardly Boys if there ever was one.

Do you have a raging clue for justice?

FND,

Not sure what you expect others to do...

There are a couple of kids at my current school who actually crap in the urinal.

What do you suggest?

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #1452 on: October 07, 2016, 07:43:37 PM »
I'm going to offend loads of people here.....I'm sick of hearing people from the US whinge about how things are different at home.

I get it, and I know why people do it and i know they are just comparing it to their home as I would do with the UK and I know there is absolutely no reason for me to be so enraged...but  sometimes it makes me want to scream. I think it's just cos there are more of you so I see it more....

There are other countries in the world, and many of them do things differently to the US. Get over it.

]This thing wouldn't happen in the US" "In the US we do it like this and it's successful"

"This thing that happens in Korea doesn't happen back home in the US and in the US we do it the right way"

Pandora's box, bruv.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Offline Mister Tim

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1453 on: October 07, 2016, 09:20:28 PM »

On behalf of Americans...

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1454 on: October 07, 2016, 10:29:26 PM »

On behalf of Americans...

:laugh: :azn:         :cry:

Offline oglop

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1455 on: October 08, 2016, 12:47:04 AM »
the most annoying thing is when (usually) canadians compare korean winters to canadian winters like it's some kind of pissing contest

happens every year

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #1456 on: October 08, 2016, 08:43:09 PM »
Just did some hiking around Seoraksan and seriously this 벌떡주 thing has got to stop. It now seems like every single vendor at every single trailhead of every single mountain now sells this stuff (not to mention every single 강원랜드 rest-stop). When I had just come to Korea and first saw this stuff I thought it was a cute local novelty and even bought a bottle. Now that I know it's everywhere it just seems lewd and obnoxious. Anyone who's spent any amount of time here knows exactly what a dick-headed bottle of alcohol represents and who it attracts.

Don't go anywhere near the mountains this month, by the way, especially to the GRAND OPEN trail by Osaek. An hour line just to get to the trailhead and then 4 hours walking single file to get through the 2km course.

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #1457 on: October 08, 2016, 09:02:28 PM »
the most annoying thing is when (usually) canadians compare korean winters to canadian winters like it's some kind of pissing contest

happens every year

Canada is the coldest country for E2s. We talk about the weather a lot in Canada. Please understand our unique situation.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1458 on: October 10, 2016, 08:53:22 AM »
Trying to enjoy the cool morning air as it wafts in from your window is impossible when it comes with sewage.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1459 on: October 10, 2016, 10:07:26 AM »

Don't go anywhere near the mountains this month, by the way, especially to the GRAND OPEN trail by Osaek. An hour line just to get to the trailhead and then 4 hours walking single file to get through the 2km course.

Oh kill me.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment