December 12, 2017, 06:45:43 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 595670 times)

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #1400 on: October 10, 2016, 08:17:08 AM »
My neighbors have added "blaring TV kept on past 3am" to their absolutely puzzling ability to slam their door with the same intensity as a sonic boom.  >:(

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1401 on: October 10, 2016, 08:28:55 AM »
Fortunately the ferries were up and running today! Never have I seen it so crowded! It was worse than Fridays after work. Had to get up super early in order to make it to port for an early boat. As luck would have it, my travel school is canceled today so I can just lesson plan and... maybe sneak in a few naps... hahah
Haha, alright! Thats a nice break. Minus the ferry crowding.

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #1402 on: October 10, 2016, 08:34:23 AM »
There are, however, many birds that enjoy shrieking outside the office window-- which is wide open during the mornings. I'm curious as to what kind of bird this is, because instead of pleasant chirping it's truly a screeching/shrieking cacophony.

The two noisiest birds in Korea (in my opinion) are the Korean Magpie, and the Korean subspecies of the Eurasian Jay.
Link will send you to a recording of the damn things.

I live in a more rural area as well, so I too am blessed with hearing their screams -- starting from around 5 am to about 7pm.  >:(
Still prefer it to old men horking, though.

Offline Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1403 on: October 10, 2016, 08:55:08 AM »
There's a bird in my area that sounds exactly like a cuckoo clock. One would assume that it's a cuckoo bird, but I'm no bird-ologist. Whatever it is, it's irritating and not at all what I want to hear in the morning.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #1404 on: October 10, 2016, 09:21:20 AM »
There's a bird in my area that sounds exactly like a cuckoo clock. One would assume that it's a cuckoo bird, but I'm no bird-ologist. Whatever it is, it's irritating and not at all what I want to hear in the morning.

I believe it's aviatologist. :azn:

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1405 on: October 10, 2016, 09:32:25 AM »
I'm happy/mad. Turns out my school has a half day today to celebrate and have a ceremony for 10/10. No one told me.

I'm in the same boat. I was meant to start a 2 week exam today with my grade 1 middle schoolers at my main school. However, I showed up to an almost empty school (only about 5 staff members, including myself are here) and no students; I have no idea why no one is here either haha. It's just a regular day on the school schedule.

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #1406 on: October 10, 2016, 09:35:32 AM »

I believe it's aviatologist. :azn:

I too am not an ornery theologist ornithologist, but a quick wiki search tells me that (not counting the ones here on Waygook) there are 6 different species of cuckoos here in South Korea, so it probably was a cuckoo.  :smiley:
Also, some wood doves can sound a bit cuckooish as well.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 09:37:28 AM by kyndo »

Offline west coast tatterdemalion

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1407 on: October 10, 2016, 09:46:19 AM »
Second time stranded on the mainland over the weekend due to ferry cancellations. Thank goodness I've friends to crash with. Just sucked not being able to properly rest last night in my own place.

Thankfully I don't hear much hacking/spitting where I live. There are, however, many birds that enjoy shrieking outside the office window-- which is wide open during the mornings. I'm curious as to what kind of bird this is, because instead of pleasant chirping it's truly a screeching/shrieking cacophony.

Well, the birds do live in Korea..where shrieking and screeching are pretty commonplace, especially among the dirtbag ajusshis here.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1408 on: October 10, 2016, 10:50:32 AM »
I'm happy/mad. Turns out my school has a half day today to celebrate and have a ceremony for 10/10. No one told me.
I'm more on the mad spectrum now. Turns out there is no school at all today and no one told me.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1409 on: October 10, 2016, 10:52:55 AM »

Well, the birds do live in Korea..where shrieking and screeching are pretty commonplace, especially among the dirtbag ajusshis here.

I'm fortunate that in my rural area it's pretty quiet (maybe since all the ajusshis are spread out over the country lol). Other than the screeching birds, hahah. Honestly, I don't recall hearing this type of bird call before living here.

The two noisiest birds in Korea (in my opinion) are the Korean Magpie, and the Korean subspecies of the Eurasian Jay.
Link will send you to a recording of the damn things.

I live in a more rural area as well, so I too am blessed with hearing their screams -- starting from around 5 am to about 7pm.  >:(
Still prefer it to old men horking, though.

Somewhat like the Eurasian jay but shriller (and screechier?) I think. And I also prefer bird sounds to that of old men being drunk or hacking up gunk.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1410 on: October 10, 2016, 10:57:01 AM »
The Korean Magpie (까치) is pretty much the loudest bird here that I've encountered on a regular basis.

I think they're pretty, but wtf, they always sound like they're killing each other.

Gasian

« Reply #1411 on: October 10, 2016, 12:10:31 PM »
Every Monday I get to school and think - this will be a good week. Every week without fail my CT mess it up for me.

Due to sign up for my after school classes increasing from last semester, she has had to take on an extra class (bringing her weekly total to 4 classes). It is exactly the same as my Grade 1 class, so I prepare the materials for my class and give them to her for the class she has to take.

This morning she asks if I can't prepare different materials for her class.

Well no! I cannot. It is impossible. Just no. Nope no. Impossible.

Seriously, ask me to prepare more materials, when I am taking work home to complete, I have 6 open classes coming up and you just sit there on your phone and facebook all day.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1412 on: October 10, 2016, 12:21:56 PM »
You let this woman have materials for a class you don't even teach with her?? Why?? Stop!  :huh:

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1413 on: October 10, 2016, 12:30:00 PM »
Every Monday I get to school and think - this will be a good week. Every week without fail my CT mess it up for me.

Due to sign up for my after school classes increasing from last semester, she has had to take on an extra class (bringing her weekly total to 4 classes). It is exactly the same as my Grade 1 class, so I prepare the materials for my class and give them to her for the class she has to take.

Seriously, ask me to prepare more materials, when I am taking work home to complete, I have 6 open classes coming up and you just sit there on your phone and facebook all day.
She's ridiculous. If she wants different materials she needs to find them herself.

Gasian

« Reply #1414 on: October 10, 2016, 01:10:02 PM »
You let this woman have materials for a class you don't even teach with her?? Why?? Stop!  :huh:

I argued this ad neauseam, but was told it is part of my job and written into my contract. (My contract does say that I have to do any work as deemed fit by my CTs... or something along those lines.) And I don't mind really because I am just giving her what I have already prepped. But I do mind her thinking that I will prepare her extra materials... she can just kiss my lilly white pimpled ass. I think I have shut that down now.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1415 on: October 10, 2016, 01:12:56 PM »

I understand wanting to maintain a good relationship with your coT, but wtf? Why would she even consider this as something you would do?

Even without your own busy schedule, why in the **** would you agree to do her work for her? I mean, there's a big difference between sharing work you've created for your own use and creating work for someone else's use.

Gasian

« Reply #1416 on: October 10, 2016, 02:07:19 PM »

I understand wanting to maintain a good relationship with your coT, but wtf? Why would she even consider this as something you would do?

Even without your own busy schedule, why in the **** would you agree to do her work for her? I mean, there's a big difference between sharing work you've created for your own use and creating work for someone else's use.

Which is exactly why I told her it was impossible. LOL, impossible impossible impossible. My new reason for everything.

Online grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #1417 on: October 10, 2016, 02:15:02 PM »

Which is exactly why I told her it was impossible. LOL, impossible impossible impossible. My new reason for everything.

Your training is complete.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1418 on: October 10, 2016, 02:36:53 PM »
Our school was supposed to be renovated over summer vacation

The first day of school was Sept 29

it is now OCT 7 and the construction is not finished

6 weeks behind schedule

we should be given some kind of compensation for this shit

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1419 on: October 10, 2016, 02:38:51 PM »

Your training is complete.

Agreed. xD

But ffs, why would she even need to have to say this?

Some people, mang.