November 19, 2017, 02:54:28 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 564316 times)

Online Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #1320 on: October 04, 2016, 01:41:26 PM »
I am going home to England for my winter vacatation. So I want to book my flights ASAP to save myself a considerable amount of money. Everyone I ask seems to have no idea when I can take my vacation or when they intend to start and finish winter camp. Like seriously... no one has any idea? Is it that hard? When I push the question further they look like deers in the headlights, absolutely startled by my questions.

If I don't get an answer within a couple of weeks I will just go ahead and book when is convenient for me. I have asked enough times now.

Don't book it without telling them, but don't wait for them to tell you either.

Simply say "I really need to book my tickets because my family are waiting to hear when I will come. I have decided these dates. Please can you ask the Vice Principal for permission on NEIS, or do I need to do that myself? (Nicely...like you actually would sweetly go and ask the VP yourself) I will book next week. Thank you so much"

or something along those lines.  Don't ask but there is no need to be super pushy either.

I'll be doing the same next week, those UK flights are going up :(

« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 01:43:55 PM by Jennipennypie »

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #1321 on: October 04, 2016, 02:30:40 PM »
I am going home to England for my winter vacatation. So I want to book my flights ASAP to save myself a considerable amount of money. Everyone I ask seems to have no idea when I can take my vacation or when they intend to start and finish winter camp. Like seriously... no one has any idea? Is it that hard? When I push the question further they look like deers in the headlights, absolutely startled by my questions.

If I don't get an answer within a couple of weeks I will just go ahead and book when is convenient for me. I have asked enough times now.

Simply say "I really need to book my tickets because my family are waiting to hear when I will come. I have decided these dates. Please can you ask the Vice Principal for permission on NEIS, or do I need to do that myself? (Nicely...like you actually would sweetly go and ask the VP yourself) I will book next week. Thank you so much"

or something along those lines.  Don't ask but there is no need to be super pushy either.

What are the good buys at the moment? 

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1322 on: October 04, 2016, 02:40:20 PM »

What are the good buys at the moment?

I's been a bit bad as I haven't told my school yet.  I booked to fly to England on Christmas eve and coming back on January 7th.  Finnair flights all gone, for Christmas eve, day, and Boxing day, they are usually our first choice.  But we are leaving Incheon at 12:50am Christmas eve so will go straight to the airport after school on Friday, arriving in Leeds airport at 9am the same day.  Premium economy for me and the wife 2.7 million total.  That is with KLM.  Good timing and good price. 

Offline JackRoxby

• Veteran
« Reply #1323 on: October 04, 2016, 03:24:18 PM »

That's really sound advice. I will take this approach but if i'm not close to getting an answer by friday I will go ahead and book my flight. If it coincides with camp... welllll they should of just figured it out when I asked (One time out of the 50 times I have already asked).I will still be going to England to enjoy a a beer or 100 with my mates with not a care in the world haha.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1324 on: October 05, 2016, 09:00:38 AM »
We have been having exams this week, and yesterday, in the middle of the physics exam I was proctoring, the maintenance guy decided that now would be the perfect time to do construction work on the door of the classroom we were in. I just don't understand. We would have been done in 20 minutes, but you really had to do it right then?

Gasian

« Reply #1325 on: October 05, 2016, 09:10:49 AM »
Things I have endured over the last week.

ME: I need the DVD for the text book (asking since beginning of semester).
CT : I gave you CD.
Me: Yes, thank you but I need the DVD (shows CT on the web.)
CT: Yes, ok
this X over and over again.
 Eventually I ordered the DVD myself.

CT: Why did you get this from Gmarket, you can't buy it yourself. (I explain that I need the DVD and have been asking for it for a long time)...
CT: (after 15 minutes of explaining this over and over) Oh I didn't understand difference between CD and DVD
*roll my eyes soooooo hard*

CT: Matahari, we need to move your 6 open classes to next week. Please give us lesson plans today.
ME: Okay, I will do 3 today and 3 tomorrow.
CT : No, today.
ME: I have classes all day.
CT : Yes, today

CT: Matahari teacher we will clean on Friday for open classes.
ME: When will we clean because I have 8 classes on a Friday remember, so only time is lunchtime.
CT: Yes, you can clean lunchtime.
ME: But I need to eat at lunchtime.
CT: No, we clean lunchtime, I also have classes.
ME: Yes, but you only have 3 classes.
CT: *puts in earbuds*

Tonight I will drink wine. ALL the wine.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #1326 on: October 05, 2016, 09:13:56 AM »
ME: When will we clean because I have 8 classes on a Friday remember, so only time is lunchtime.

Yeah, my lunch time is my time. That's a designated break. Leave me alone.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1327 on: October 05, 2016, 09:18:14 AM »

ME: I need the DVD for the text book (asking since beginning of semester).
CT : I gave you CD.
Me: Yes, thank you but I need the DVD (shows CT on the web.)
CT: Yes, ok
this X over and over again.
 Eventually I ordered the DVD myself.

CT: Why did you get this from Gmarket, you can't buy it yourself. (I explain that I need the DVD and have been asking for it for a long time)...
CT: (after 15 minutes of explaining this over and over) Oh I didn't understand difference between CD and DVD
*roll my eyes soooooo hard*

CT: Matahari, we need to move your 6 open classes to next week. Please give us lesson plans today.

Your textbook has a CD and a DVD?? Also, for the cleaning, I wouldn't do it. There is no way you can do eight classes in a day and clean without a lunch break. Just go to lunch.

Gasian

« Reply #1328 on: October 05, 2016, 09:39:26 AM »

Your textbook has a CD and a DVD?? Also, for the cleaning, I wouldn't do it. There is no way you can do eight classes in a day and clean without a lunch break. Just go to lunch.

Yeah the student book comes with a CD (that relates to a workbook) and the teachers book comes with a listening test CD (which relates to the workbook), neither relates to the actual activities in the student text book. So the student book will say DVD page 12, and I do not have the DVD. I can work without it, but of my 22 classes a week 15 are not repeated, so I do a total of 17 lesson plans a week (and yes, I have to do lesson plans) and then I have to prepare all the material for those classes on my own. I wanted the DVD, I needed the DVD. It's all just too much when I have the option of making my life easier. LOL I have to make my life easier.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1329 on: October 05, 2016, 09:53:05 AM »

I didn't even know there were 8 periods in a day. Do you teach an after school club?

Gasian

« Reply #1330 on: October 05, 2016, 09:58:00 AM »

I didn't even know there were 8 periods in a day. Do you teach an after school club?

Yeah I teach at a public school and at a MOE English Education Center. Some days are a bit rough...

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1331 on: October 05, 2016, 09:58:39 AM »

Can you tell your coT it's impossible? If your coT tries to argue, keep interjecting IMPOSSIBLE? Yikes.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1332 on: October 05, 2016, 10:00:06 AM »
Or keep insisting tomorrow instead? Like if she says "no, today," insist "classes today. Lesson plans tomorrow."  >:(

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1333 on: October 05, 2016, 10:03:21 AM »

Yeah I teach at a public school and at a MOE English Education Center. Some days are a bit rough...
Oh wow, at my public elementary schools there were only I think... 6 periods. I don't fully remember now, it was 2 years ago. Maybe 7. But I sure never taught that many. I don't envy you. I'm sorry though, you gotta fight for your right to eat!

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #1334 on: October 05, 2016, 11:24:43 AM »
Oh wow, at my public elementary schools there were only I think... 6 periods. I don't fully remember now, it was 2 years ago. Maybe 7. But I sure never taught that many. I don't envy you. I'm sorry though, you gotta fight for your right to eat!
     I believe that most public middle schools have 7 regular class periods, plus a home room period (0th period), as well as an 8th at the end of the day if the school has an after school programme.
     It's hypothetically possible for me to teach 9 periods a day, although thank Jeebus that *that* has never happened. On the very rare occasion where I'm stuck with 8 classes, my coteachers are all apologetic and generally try to make it up to me by telling me that they promise not to notice if I accidentally go home a bit early the next day.  :smiley:

Gasian

« Reply #1335 on: October 05, 2016, 12:05:18 PM »
     I believe that most public middle schools have 7 regular class periods, plus a home room period (0th period), as well as an 8th at the end of the day if the school has an after school programme.
     It's hypothetically possible for me to teach 9 periods a day, although thank Jeebus that *that* has never happened. On the very rare occasion where I'm stuck with 8 classes, my coteachers are all apologetic and generally try to make it up to me by telling me that they promise not to notice if I accidentally go home a bit early the next day.  :smiley:

Ah your CT's are awesome, and - hell if I ever had to teach nine classes, I would probably have to drink at lunch time.

Offline robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1336 on: October 05, 2016, 01:10:43 PM »
- NEIS is a hot piece of sh*t.

- It's picture day and the only indication I got was a message sent to my computer yesterday at 16:48.

End of rant.

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1337 on: October 05, 2016, 02:47:50 PM »

- It's picture day and the only indication I got was a message sent to my computer yesterday at 16:48.

End of rant.

You... you got notified about picture day? Before picture day?

Truly, the fates smile upon you, sir.

Also, what's wrong with NEIS? I mean, it's clunky, but once you learn how to use it, it's pretty quick and simple.
Yeah it kinda seems like an issue of your coworkers not notifying you sooner, but I can't see how neis is to blame.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #1338 on: October 05, 2016, 02:54:33 PM »

End of rant.

You... you got notified about picture day? Before picture day?

Truly, the fates smile upon you, sir.

Also, what's wrong with NEIS? I mean, it's clunky, but once you learn how to use it, it's pretty quick and simple.
Yeah it kinda seems like an issue of your coworkers not notifying you sooner, but I can't see how neis is to blame.

Pretty sure NEIS and finding out about photo day are separate things. But, finding out a day before photo day is fine. I mean, how long do you need to prepare for photo day?

Check the time; the message was sent after she left for home. I'm sure prior messages were sent far in advance, but in Korean. Sorry nobody filled you in~

Gasian

« Reply #1339 on: October 05, 2016, 03:32:56 PM »

Can you tell your coT it's impossible? If your coT tries to argue, keep interjecting IMPOSSIBLE? Yikes.

I am using this tactic!!!! Hoping that it will work.