November 19, 2017, 09:12:42 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 563981 times)

YoungMin

Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #1040 on: September 20, 2016, 12:44:17 PM »
**** people.

I'm not at work today but the hospital. My wife is pregnant and requires a surgery to successfully carry the little darling to term. It finished up around 10:30 and by 11:00 we were back in our hospital room (shared by 8 patients and there families).

My wife was told not to fall asleep for the following hour because of the drugs so we were chatting (as were most other people).

The guy next to his loudly (and in English) says some people are trying to rest. We ignore him, it's nearly 11:30 in the morning and people are awake.

He gets the nurses. His problem is not with our volume but with our English.

They walk up, pull back the curtain and he starts in, I just silently give him the finger and continue talking.

He then starts doing 'what you want to fight buddy. This is Korea, we're all Korean here.' (This guy is like 40, chubby (by Western standards) and wears glasses I've seen more intimidating kittens, the horrendous accent only made it more chuckle worthy). I say nothing and continue tending to my wife. After about 5 minutes the nurses tell him to leave.

They come and chat and tell us the problem is English. We switch to French. Apparently that's a no go either. The head nurse also tells us him and his wife just lost a baby so we should understand their situation. As someone who has lost 2 babies in the second term in the past three years, I have no sympathy for this little fucktard.

Props to the hospital they took us from our 8 patient to a 5 patient room within minutes and actually apologized and assured us we wouldn't being paying for it.

The most redeeming part of this entire event was shortly after he was told to leave my wife was in tears. The other 5 or so ajummas (patients) in our room come and tell her it's okay. Then her mom showed up and my mother in law laughed and said good job for flippin' someone the bird.

Nice story. Surprised Pecan or DeMartino haven't stopped by to tell you to get private medical insurance or something along those lines so you have a penthouse suite.

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1041 on: September 20, 2016, 01:01:22 PM »
Why do people give a shit what language you speak? It's the most inconsequential thing in the world.

"I don't like hearing you talk!"

:rolleyes:

Imagine in London or New York or Toronto?

"Hey man, no Farsi on this subway. Don't you know this is Canada?"  >:(

"Ah, desollee. Ce n'etait pas mon intention de vous offenser."  :afro: :afro: :police: :police:

"Uhhh, alright then. That's better."

There's the golden rule and then there's the CO2 rule, "Leave people the F alone. It doesn't concern you."

Like Koreans wearing baseball jerseys from the MLB, who gives a shit? "But they don't know the meaning or history behind the team!"

So, I don't know the history of the necktie, I'm still going to wear one to a job interview.

Yeah, I can't understand why people even manage to notice what others are doing. it once took me three weeks to notice my sister dyed her hair. God knows how unobservant I must be of random people.

We were definitely not being loud, we were pretty much whispering as my wife was and is still drugged up.

We all (MIL included) think it was a misery loves company thing since we were talking about baby names, plans to go home etc. They would be in the complete opposite boat, which I get, I've been there.

I didn't however feel the urge to go and attack random happy couples.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #1042 on: September 20, 2016, 01:07:08 PM »
Yeah, I can't understand why people even manage to notice what others are doing. it once took me three weeks to notice my sister dyed her hair. God knows how unobservant I must be of random people.

My girlfriend is bad like this. I'll dance to the subway song, or talk about something and she'll say "Don't do that, there are people around."

Honey, we ain't that special. And, you'll never see these people again. And they'll forget about my dancing in exactly one minute.

People think they're much more special than they actually are. No one gives a shit about what you're doing. In the same way that YOU don't give a shit about what THEY are doing.

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1043 on: September 20, 2016, 01:09:22 PM »
this is a minor annoyance but i really wish they would keep the toilet paper in the bathrooms stocked at my school. no hand dryers or paper towels i accepted easily. i keep my own TP at my desk now but sometimes i've had to go to like 4 or 5 bathrooms just to find some, and it'll stay that way for days and days. are they trying to save? is it just not in the budget? do the people here just not care about kids running around with no access to toilet paper at school? i know the cleaning ladies go in there more often than they restock the toilet paper because they empty out the trashes. just.. do better, c'mon.

and if someone is going to reply to this with some annoying word vomit about how constant access to toilet paper is a wasteful western invention and we really don't need it as evidenced by how koreans have magically self-cleaning asses, i don't care. i really don't care.

Offline wblancha

• Waygookin
« Reply #1044 on: September 20, 2016, 01:14:56 PM »
koreans have magically self-cleaning asses
I never knew this.  It's simply amazing.

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1045 on: September 20, 2016, 01:24:05 PM »
koreans have magically self-cleaning asses
I never knew this.  It's simply amazing.

Simply Stunning  :afro:

FTFY

RIP sonny #neverforget

Offline HyooMyron

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1046 on: September 20, 2016, 01:27:50 PM »

Like Koreans wearing baseball jerseys from the MLB, who gives a shit? "But they don't know the meaning or history behind the team!"

So, I don't know the history of the necktie, I'm still going to wear one to a job interview.

Lol what? Where is this coming from? People actually care that Koreans wear MLB gear!? I guarantee that half of Americans that wear MLB stuff don't know anything about the teams either.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1047 on: September 20, 2016, 01:31:32 PM »
@sevenpm: at one of my elementary schools, each homeroom has TP for the kiddos. They take some from the classroom stock every time they wanna go to the john.

Also, whatever did happen to Sonny??

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1048 on: September 20, 2016, 01:38:05 PM »

Lol what? Where is this coming from? People actually care that Koreans wear MLB gear!? I guarantee that half of Americans that wear MLB stuff don't know anything about the teams either.

I think it's part of the discussion here:

http://www.waygook.org/index.php/topic,100820.0.html

I thought that particular example had been offered up as a bit of biting sarcasm, but who can really say on here? xD

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #1049 on: September 20, 2016, 01:43:22 PM »
They take some from the classroom stock every time they wanna go to the john.

This is my problem. I never remember to bring any in with me. Because, you know, why would there be any toilet paper next to a toilet, right? 

YoungMin

« Reply #1050 on: September 20, 2016, 01:49:25 PM »
@sevenpm: at one of my elementary schools, each homeroom has TP for the kiddos. They take some from the classroom stock every time they wanna go to the john.

He went away for a while. Gone but never forgotten.  :afro: Who know's when he'll show up next? It could be sooner than you think  :police:

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1051 on: September 20, 2016, 01:52:18 PM »
Note to all coteachers:

If you haven't understood what I've just said, asking me to repeat it isn't the end of the world.  I honestly won't get mad.  Even Westerners don't understand each other sometimes.  It happens.

But don't let your eyes glaze over and just say "mmmmm" when I know you haven't understood what I've said.  What am I supposed to do then?  Just repeat it and embarrass us both even more?

It's genuinely gotten to the point where any conversation I have with someone at school is 99% me just listening because I know that if I say something, they either pretend they haven't heard it and carry on or pretend to have understood what I've said and carry on anyway  :-[ 

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1052 on: September 20, 2016, 01:52:55 PM »

He went away for a while. Gone but never forgotten.  :afro: Who know's when he'll show up next? It could be sooner than you think  :police:

How do you know? Is he your secret alter ego??  :shocked: Or do you just believe?

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #1053 on: September 20, 2016, 01:53:27 PM »
They take some from the classroom stock every time they wanna go to the john.

This is my problem. I never remember to bring any in with me. Because, you know, why would there be any toilet paper next to a toilet, right?

They keep it on the table.

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #1054 on: September 20, 2016, 02:35:05 PM »
Well THAT thread got locked quickly lol Good thing

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1055 on: September 20, 2016, 02:36:55 PM »
coT, why you so annoying?? Stop asking if I'm on a diet. I always tell you no. I guess this is one of your stock English phrases that you like to whip out for "conversation."

Offline fairydustangel8

• Waygookin
« Reply #1056 on: September 20, 2016, 02:41:01 PM »
coT, why you so annoying?? Stop asking if I'm on a diet. I always tell you no. I guess this is one of your stock English phrases that you like to whip out for "conversation."

One of my co-teachers is always chiding me for not eating healthy enough and for not drinking enough water. Usually I don't care, but this week it's really getting on my nerves.

Offline vonspacetime

• Waygookin
« Reply #1057 on: September 20, 2016, 02:42:12 PM »
aww I had typed out this whole response to where the best woman were on that thread just as it got deleted so I'm posting it here because I feel like I worked hard on my review!

Japanese woman fold up into a compact cube for more convenient storage, whilst China just released a new model of woman which comes in a deep navy blue titled "woman, for men". Woman from the Philippines still contain a recently banned antibacterial agent in their coating and are thus not recommended for use near children. Korean woman are at the cutting edge of anti theft technology but there have been a number of issues due to their lack of compatibility with windows 10.

Hope that helps you make an informed decision even though it's on a different thread.

YoungMin

« Reply #1058 on: September 20, 2016, 02:49:01 PM »

How do you know? Is he your secret alter ego??  :shocked: Or do you just believe?

Look to my coming, at first light, on the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East.

Offline z80

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1059 on: September 20, 2016, 02:52:19 PM »
My travel school removed M$ Office from their computers.

I explained the situation, and they said I have to use Han office.

So I basically spend 3 lessons working with slides that just don't work, the games don't work, nothing works. I just give up and do 3 physical games that I could think of right on the spot.

Then the teachers suddenly realized that all the powerpoint resources that they have collected over years of teaching maths, Korean, English, science, etc, now also don't work, one of the teachers is crying to the head teacher about it, the other is telling the computer guy to put M$ office back on while the computer guy says he can't. So the teachers told the computer guy to make all of their ppt's work perfectly in han office.

Shhhhh, no one tell them about M$ office PPT viewer!!! I'm not making lessons out of hours at home while they force me to sit here and do nothing.