September 25, 2017, 08:11:59 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 489461 times)

Offline JNM

• The Legend
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #1000 on: September 13, 2016, 05:14:36 PM »
Today I went to the store with the full intention of buying an iPhone SE.  I am using a Galaxy S4mini, and like the small size.

So I picked up the demo model with my right hand, and the model 6 that was beside it... the 6 isn't that much bigger, is quite a bit thinner, and the screen seams more than proportionaly larger.

So I put the SE down, and did the same with the 6 and 6 Plus.  Hmmm...

If I got that form factor, I could get rid of my iPad mini.  I usually use the car's bluetooth for calls, so the small size isn't a big deal afterall.

I looked at a buddy's Note5 a couple of days ago, and it fits in a shirt pocket... that's another option.  It got better reviews than the iPhone 6s, and should have a lower price now that that Note7 is out.

I hate shopping for tech!

Offline Mister Tim

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1001 on: September 13, 2016, 05:14:50 PM »
do an hour or so of running on an empty stomach first thing in the morning and you will see the fat disappear!!

I would rather be fat.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1002 on: September 13, 2016, 05:29:59 PM »
Today I went to the store with the full intention of buying an iPhone SE.  I am using a Galaxy S4mini, and like the small size.

So I picked up the demo model with my right hand, and the model 6 that was beside it... the 6 isn't that much bigger, is quite a bit thinner, and the screen seams more than proportionaly larger.

So I put the SE down, and did the same with the 6 and 6 Plus.  Hmmm...

If I got that form factor, I could get rid of my iPad mini.  I usually use the car's bluetooth for calls, so the small size isn't a big deal afterall.

I looked at a buddy's Note5 a couple of days ago, and it fits in a shirt pocket... that's another option.  It got better reviews than the iPhone 6s, and should have a lower price now that that Note7 is out.

I hate shopping for tech!

The iPhone SE is totally rad, if you're okay with the size. I personally love the form factor of the iPhone 5S, and genuinely missed it when I upgraded to my 6S. And then the SE came out and I was sad 'cause I wanted one.

I have a 6S that's almost a year old, and still running beautifully, and I use my a LOT for a navi in my car, shopping, maps, photos, photo editing, etc etc, and the battery is still amazing.

The price on the SE is bangin' though.

But the price

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1003 on: September 13, 2016, 06:50:34 PM »
I'm on the market for a new phone, too. Been putting it off because I hate shopping for this sort of thing as well.

Finally made up my mind to get a Galaxy 7 because I'd decided that I needed something more physically durable, but in light of the manu-defects coming out with the Note7 and the lack of water resistance in the Active, I've changed my mind. There are some quality control issues there, and I'll probably eventually get pissed off at the lack of RAM optimization. Going with the iPhone 6S Plus because it handles itself beautifully, will remain easy to buy accessories for, and still has a jack.

I'm getting a pink one. c:

RANT: I took down that glass thing that covers my bedroom light so that I could change the lightbulb -- leaned it up against the wall to keep it out of the way, but my pants (!!!) somehow got snagged on one of its corners and it fell and shattered.

So I've cleaned up the mess, vacuumed the entire apartment several times, and gone over every inch of the floor with a steam mop and microfiber cloth.

But I know there's a shard of glass about as thin as a spider's silk strand just waiting for my foot somewhere.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 11:31:47 AM by Chinguetti »

Offline Aristocrat

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1004 on: September 14, 2016, 12:03:01 AM »
No one is getting abs whilst they are eating rice for lunch everyday!

I tell myelf everyday I am gonna say no to the rice...im so weak so very very weak.

The best way to burn fat and get your abs to show is through what is called fasted cardio. So basically do an hour or so of running on an empty stomach first thing in the morning and you will see the fat disappear!!

That's certainly a very good way to get abs to show, but to maintain that type of routine, I think not. You'd quickly get burned out and give up.
Maintaining a well defined 6-pack ultimately comes down to your attitude, priorities and genetics will give you a big boost.

Regarding attitude and priorities, if you want to have a 6-pack year round, you have to be a bit narcissistic. Looking good pretty much will take priority over enjoying food, you'll have to cut out or REALLY minimise alcohol, sugar, carbs and basically anything sinful for as long as you want your 6-pack. The only way around this is if you have a warp speed metabolism, and even then, abs only start showing at 10% BF for guys. Then you've got to assume that your body isn't going to prioritise storing fat around your midsection, if it does, you'll have to drop your BF even lower for it to be visible.

Once you've got your BF down, they won't look jaw dropping unless you train them... hard!
This means compound exercises, as well as 360 degree ab isolation stuff; I find hanging bar leg raise variations to be the most brutal and effective, get off the floor! 

Then you've got to be aware that you're training your abs properly. I shake my head at the sight of all these Koreans, at the gym, rolling around on the floor doing insane numbers of "rolling" to work abs.
The job of your abs is to stop your torso from twisting, so you'll get maximum results by counter-rotating. If you do a bicycle crunch, for example, and you're twisting your torso to touch your left knee with your right elbow it's critical that you train your abs to do it's job be counter-rotating; keep your abs from rotating in the direction that your torso is twisting. You'll immediately notice your ab exercise has gotten significantly harder when you brace your abs to avoid rotating in the same direction as your torso, and that is how you train your abs to do their job and get that 6-pack.

Best wishes and train hard!

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1005 on: September 14, 2016, 08:37:20 AM »
No one is getting abs whilst they are eating rice for lunch everyday!

I tell myelf everyday I am gonna say no to the rice...im so weak so very very weak.

The best way to burn fat and get your abs to show is through what is called fasted cardio. So basically do an hour or so of running on an empty stomach first thing in the morning and you will see the fat disappear!!

That's certainly a very good way to get abs to show, but to maintain that type of routine, I think not. You'd quickly get burned out and give up.
Maintaining a well defined 6-pack ultimately comes down to your attitude, priorities and genetics will give you a big boost.

Regarding attitude and priorities, if you want to have a 6-pack year round, you have to be a bit narcissistic. Looking good pretty much will take priority over enjoying food, you'll have to cut out or REALLY minimise alcohol, sugar, carbs and basically anything sinful for as long as you want your 6-pack. The only way around this is if you have a warp speed metabolism, and even then, abs only start showing at 10% BF for guys. Then you've got to assume that your body isn't going to prioritise storing fat around your midsection, if it does, you'll have to drop your BF even lower for it to be visible.

Once you've got your BF down, they won't look jaw dropping unless you train them... hard!
This means compound exercises, as well as 360 degree ab isolation stuff; I find hanging bar leg raise variations to be the most brutal and effective, get off the floor! 

Then you've got to be aware that you're training your abs properly. I shake my head at the sight of all these Koreans, at the gym, rolling around on the floor doing insane numbers of "rolling" to work abs.
The job of your abs is to stop your torso from twisting, so you'll get maximum results by counter-rotating. If you do a bicycle crunch, for example, and you're twisting your torso to touch your left knee with your right elbow it's critical that you train your abs to do it's job be counter-rotating; keep your abs from rotating in the direction that your torso is twisting. You'll immediately notice your ab exercise has gotten significantly harder when you brace your abs to avoid rotating in the same direction as your torso, and that is how you train your abs to do their job and get that 6-pack.

Best wishes and train hard!

Actually it's not that hard. Wake up early and do your cardio. You fast while you sleep.

I've been doing it for years (though my six pack disappeared back in uni....).  For added effect, down a coffee a few minutes before you go.

Offline FreddyPrinceWilliam

• Veteran
« Reply #1006 on: September 14, 2016, 07:35:51 PM »
do an hour or so of running on an empty stomach first thing in the morning and you will see the fat disappear!!

I would rather be fat.

+1

Offline z80

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1007 on: September 14, 2016, 08:08:30 PM »
Is it compulsory for Korean families to argue about everything loudly today?

My apartment is I would say "middle class" you know, car park full of mostly new Korean cars and a few imported cars, yet as I walk around here pretty much every husband and wife a yelling at each other.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1008 on: September 15, 2016, 07:58:29 PM »
But I know there's a shard of glass about as thin as a spider's silk strand just waiting for my foot somewhere.

This just ****ing happened.

Motherfluffer.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1009 on: September 19, 2016, 10:56:44 AM »
It's never too early for this thread!

So now that my lesson plans are finally repeating for elementary, my coT has to assert some kind of annoying control. I "have to" reprint her the lesson plans with adjusted dates at the top every week.  :rolleyes: She insists that the principal or other teachers (none of whom speak English...) might want to look at them.

I feel like this is all bullshite but whatever.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1010 on: September 19, 2016, 11:31:41 AM »
Same teacher who told me I shouldn't sit down during class is now asking me why I don't sit down with the students.  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #1011 on: September 19, 2016, 11:45:36 AM »
My 5th graders literally always come in screaming... just why  :huh:

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #1012 on: September 19, 2016, 11:57:37 AM »

티처~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 야~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1013 on: September 19, 2016, 12:09:19 PM »
contrary to what was thought for a long time, it is actually possible to gain new fat cells later in life: http://news.health.ufl.edu/2011/15154/multimedia/health-in-a-heartbeat/adults-can-grow-new-fat-cells-after-all-study-shows/. it's also not possible to spot-reduce fat - ie. reduce fat in only one place of your body.

to lose weight and/or fat, the method is pretty simple: work out what your current calorie intake is, and reduce that by 2-300 calories per month until you get to a weight or body fat % you're happy with. if you want abs, you need to be around 10% body fat. but even less than 15% body fat will look good.

to work out what your current calorie intake is, eat your normal diet over the course of 1-2 weeks but put EVERYTHING you eat or drink into My Fitness Pal (https://www.myfitnesspal.com/). and i mean EVERYTHING, because there are a lot of hidden calories in stuff. for example, those Maxim mix coffee sticks contain around 100 calories each. drink 2-3 of those a day and you're getting an extra 2-300 calories per day that you might not have realized.

and that's pretty much it. how your reduce your calories is entirely up to you. you can eat less food, or you can change to healthier food which has less calories, or use some combination of those 2 methods. no need to crash diet or change your diet if you don't want to. you could eat McDonald's every day and still lose weight, although wouldn't be the healthiest way.

not even any need to exercise if you don't want to, although exercise is healthy and will help you to use up more calories every day. if you hate having a healthy, pain-free spine then by all means go ahead and do crossfit.
I'm just gonna piggyback off of this to say that you can gain fat cells by eating unhealthily, but you can't lose fat cells without lipo, you can only shrink them. This is why it's super hard to lose weight and people find that they have a barrier for how much weight they can lose through diet and exercise alone. Because even if you've shrunken all your fat cells to the size they were in high school, you probably wouldn't be at high school weight, due to having more fat cells in your body than back then.

I actually had no reason to be in the ranting/venting thread this morning, I was just bored... but now I have a reason. This is so depressing...  :sad: It feels like... one year of letting yourself go just messes your body up for the future & there's nothing you can do about it! I don't want lipo but I definitely need to get rid of some extra padding in some areas. I always gain weight over summer, what's up with that?

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #1014 on: September 19, 2016, 12:41:03 PM »

티처~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 야~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ahem..... TEACHAAA WHAT TIME IS IIIIIT?!?!?!  *SCREEECH* TEACHA SHE HIT MEEEE!!!! *something loudly falls down* *sliding door comes off the track from the door being flung open* Is it Friday yet?  :huh:

Offline eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #1015 on: September 19, 2016, 12:42:36 PM »
I'm just gonna piggyback off of this to say that you can gain fat cells by eating unhealthily, but you can't lose fat cells without lipo, you can only shrink them. This is why it's super hard to lose weight and people find that they have a barrier for how much weight they can lose through diet and exercise alone. Because even if you've shrunken all your fat cells to the size they were in high school, you probably wouldn't be at high school weight, due to having more fat cells in your body than back then.

A fat guy going into a concentration camp is going to end up looking like everyone else isn't he?

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1016 on: September 19, 2016, 12:46:19 PM »
Reading all this makes me really glad I have tiny classes. Even if they're loud there's not many of them.

Does anyone else have a coT who always states really obvious things? One of the reasons my elem. coT annoys me is she'll tell me obvious or redundant things. Every time I see her, the same things. Is it cause she's an elem. teacher?  :undecided:

Also, already looking forward to Friday, hahah. I'm still tired from traveling during chuseok hahaha

Offline gaelynwrites

• Veteran
« Reply #1017 on: September 19, 2016, 12:50:34 PM »
I absolutely hate the insane amount of solicitor calls I get on my phone. Stop calling me. I don't speak Korean, you cannot communicate with me!! Stop calling me!!!!

Offline Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #1018 on: September 19, 2016, 01:19:41 PM »
A fat guy going into a concentration camp is going to end up looking like everyone else isn't he?

It's a bit more complex than that.

An overweight person who loses weight permanently shows their metabolism.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/6-years-after-the-biggest-loser-metabolism-is-slower-and-weight-is-back-up/

Getting fatter means fat cells can split to form new fat cells. Those cells can shrink but not be eliminated.

It's better to do everything to not gain weight in the first place because losing it and then keeping it off is a huge struggle.

That's why I avoid white rice and alcohol completely.

Better to eat healthfully than have to exercise for hours everyday.

Metabolism slows with age, too. Even if a weight stays about the same, muscle mass decreases while fat is added.

The problem is lipo and stomach band surgery is the risk of injury or death is high. Also true for other cosmetic surgeries, or just surgeries in general. Not that much fat can be removed from lipo and it could scar you or make your skin look weird.  I heard when fat cells are sucked out from lipo, one's body returns to their set point of fat cells anyways or something like that. Hard to lose weight and keep it off no matter what the method.

In one's teens and even into the early twenties a person might be able to eat a lot of crap and not get fat, but that is less likely as time goes on.

So really make sure what you are eating is as healthy as possible and try to exercise often.

Koreans can eat white rice and not get fat, but they are genetically different from Caucasians and grew up eating it (as did their ancestors) so it affects them differently.

For most white people I know, eating white rice made them fatter. It crept up gradually, but it happened.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1019 on: September 19, 2016, 01:59:28 PM »
This coT drives me batty. Always redundantly going on about how I need to prepare lots of materials for class.

Takes large chunks of class time to "review" for upcoming tests (review = making students memorize and spit out dialogue).

Says she will take 20 minutes for the current class. It's 10 minutes in and she hasn't started class yet cause she's busy on her computer. Whenever she wants to do stuff on her computer she gives the students "free time." K...

Guess I should be grateful for the extra downtime. It's just annoying being constantly told to prepare lots of "fun materials" for class when she clearly had other plans.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment