October 19, 2017, 03:36:52 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 521484 times)

Offline Savant

• Expert Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2016, 12:30:52 AM »
This KEB/Hana merger thing and Korean banking, in general, returning to piss me off.

My security certificate expires on 07/12 so I tried to renew it tonight. Can't do it because I registered with KEB first to get my security certificate and their own OTP can't be used because the error message tells me that they don't f***ing exist anymore.

So, I need to wait until the 13th to work out a new digital certificate as I can't change issuing banks until this one expires. Will see if Woori can issue a new one successfully.
Then, got to go through the whole process of registering it with KEBHana again (let's see if the KEB OTP works or not) and also with my smartphone apps.

What a stupid layer of security.

Offline oglop

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2016, 01:15:34 AM »
This KEB/Hana merger thing and Korean banking, in general, returning to piss me off.

My security certificate expires on 07/12 so I tried to renew it tonight. Can't do it because I registered with KEB first to get my security certificate and their own OTP can't be used because the error message tells me that they don't f***ing exist anymore.

So, I need to wait until the 13th to work out a new digital certificate as I can't change issuing banks until this one expires. Will see if Woori can issue a new one successfully.
Then, got to go through the whole process of registering it with KEBHana again (let's see if the KEB OTP works or not) and also with my smartphone apps.

What a stupid layer of security.
for me, the banking app fucked itself on my phone and won't let me transfer, despite me trying multiple, multiple times.

i then tried on my computer and, again, it won't let me transfer. it gives me this error:

"Exceeded failure count in lock card password trying.
Actions : Please check at near bank branch"

due to the complete gibberish of the message (an annoyance in itself), i contacted the the keb facebook people who told me i have to go INTO THE STORE to fix it! something that isn't even my fault! i have never put in my password wrong! and it can't be fixed via phone

i'll spend the time signing up at shinhan instead

Offline FreddyPrinceWilliam

• Veteran
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2016, 11:11:32 AM »
Can't breathe.....so.....humid....

Offline meepmoopimmarobots

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2016, 11:53:31 AM »
One of the TOEFL teachers used my entire stash of reward candy and didn't replace it. Who the **** does that? What the shit? That is so rude.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2016, 11:58:22 AM »
My adult convo classes with the other teachers was cancelled indefinitely. The problem is that I had too many levels of ability in the same class. Half would be fine practicing "How are you" and "I'm fine" for 30 mins every week, and the other half wanted to discuss Roman Polanski films and international politics.

There goes 100 bucks a month.
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2016, 12:15:49 PM »
Is it weird that my school (re: co-teacher) expects me to recruit the students for my summer camp myself? I've only done one other camp here in almost three years and I definitely didn't have to plead with kids to come last time.

I'm getting a lof this  :huh: :huh: face from the students when I bring it up. Don't worry Minsu, I don't really care if you come or not...    :P

Offline Athena

• Waygookin
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2016, 12:37:33 PM »
Is it weird that my school (re: co-teacher) expects me to recruit the students for my summer camp myself? I've only done one other camp here in almost three years and I definitely didn't have to plead with kids to come last time.

I'm getting a lof this  :huh: :huh: face from the students when I bring it up. Don't worry Minsu, I don't really care if you come or not...    :P

You could try making a ppt about your camp and show it at the beginning/end of class
My camp coteacher made the ppt though and it was pretty nice, I'm glad she helped at least that way since I'm doing everything else lol

Offline Action Jackson

• Super Waygook
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2016, 12:41:48 PM »

You could try making a ppt about your camp and show it at the beginning/end of class
My camp coteacher made the ppt though and it was pretty nice, I'm glad she helped at least that way since I'm doing everything else lol
I'd mention it at the end of class one day and hope no one really heard or understood me.

Offline Mister Tim

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2016, 01:33:13 PM »
Head Teacher: "The Office of Education Supervisor called. Why didn't you go to the open class?"
Me: "...what?"
HT: "Why didn't you go to the open class?"
Me: "The one that's at the Girl's Middle School?"
HT: "Yes."
Me: "I thought that was tomorrow."
HT: "It is."
Me: "He wants to know why I didn't go to the open class... tomorrow?"

How do you say "Flux Capacitor" in Korean?

This particular teacher's English is more than good enough to understand "didn't," incidentally. She wasn't trying to say "Why don't you go." I still don't really know what the problem is, so I'll just go to the open class tomorrow like I was originally told to, and if there's a problem...  oh well.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2016, 01:37:12 PM »

I'd mention it at the end of class one day and hope no one really heard or understood me.
Both valid approaches!

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2016, 01:41:57 PM »
Head Teacher: "The Office of Education Supervisor called. Why didn't you go to the open class?"

This particular teacher's English is more than good enough to understand "didn't," incidentally. She wasn't trying to say "Why don't you go." I still don't really know what the problem is, so I'll just go to the open class tomorrow like I was originally told to, and if there's a problem...  oh well.

They knew you were thinking about ditching. They're warning you that punishment will occur for crimes that you were going to do. Like that Minority Report book/movie. The future is here. Pretty slick if you ask me.

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #111 on: July 11, 2016, 01:51:10 PM »
So last week I posted in the happy thread about how I did the drawing for summer camp and my favorite student was drawn and I got to veto a kid who is badly behaved. Well turns out that the students get to draw whether they can come or not so what I did was pointless. The students just drew and my favorite student is no longer coming and most of the terribly behaved ones are. Why. Why.
I was looking forward to summer camp but now I'm dreading it. Why would you allow disruptive students to come and not the good students who want to be there. I'm so irritated.

Gasian

« Reply #112 on: July 11, 2016, 02:10:57 PM »
F%*k. I actually can't take this shit anymore. I get to school submit my lesson plans for the whole week as per normal. CT sits next to me all day seeing me prep, PPTS, activities for the week, while she marks her 10 grammar tests written a week ago (despite changing the due date for all my test results, 140 of them to last week Thursday), as I close our files for the week - everything prepped, she says, "no, lets watch movies)."
WTFH I could have spent the morning doing camp planning. I am livid. absolutely livid. 15 individual lesson plans and activities for absolutely no reason.

She also can't understand what the problem is now.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #113 on: July 11, 2016, 02:19:02 PM »
I.am.tired.

Because of allergy meds.

What a shit way to start off the week. Especially since I have to make some major changes to my summer camp.

Offline user17

• Waygookin
« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2016, 02:37:24 PM »

They knew you were thinking about ditching. They're warning you that punishment will occur for crimes that you were going to do. Like that Minority Report book/movie. The future is here. Pretty slick if you ask me.

:laugh:

Tell them you did go, but then you got in your time machine and came back from the future to today because you're such a diligent worker that you didn't want to miss class today.

Then tell them that you can't go tomorrow because since you've already been there will be 2 of you there which will cause a rift in the space-english continuum and your native speaking powers will disappear.

Offline Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #115 on: July 11, 2016, 02:59:24 PM »

Tell them you did go, but then you got in your time machine and came back from the future to today because you're such a diligent worker that you didn't want to miss class today.

Then tell them that you can't go tomorrow because since you've already been there will be 2 of you there which will cause a rift in the space-english continuum and your native speaking powers will disappear.

:laugh: then you'll get 'you should not time travel without telling the school, for insurance purposes we should always know where you are. you should have informed the vice principal'

Offline orionchocopie

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #116 on: July 11, 2016, 03:03:00 PM »

:laugh: then you'll get 'you should not time travel without telling the school, for insurance purposes we should always know where you are. you should have informed the vice principal'
"I did, and he will say it's ok."

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #117 on: July 11, 2016, 05:08:29 PM »

Just tell them that you have tried, but no students are interested? :o

Offline toddingumi

• Veteran
« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2016, 05:23:45 PM »
After 3+ in a relationship, taking her home to meet my family in the US last January, i basically told her it's time to sh*t or get off the pot.

I have made it very clear that i love her but i have not been happy here for two years, only staying for her. Yet no progress has been made to get us moving back home together.

Ultimatums are never good but i told her that we either need to get married by next Spring or i am gone after this contract.

Well, 8 more months until legal weed, live rock n roll, and football. What a waste.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #119 on: July 11, 2016, 05:49:40 PM »
Go to use photo-copier and it's not working. Flashing error message is all in Korean but includes the number 3. Open door number 3 on the photocopier and remove piece of paper that's clearly jammed in there. Close door. Photocopier immediately resumes functioning as normal. Continue with my day.

Fast forward a few hours and everyone in the office is yammering about the photocopier and a random guy is standing there looking very displeased and talking very angrily. They ask me if I've used the photocopier today and I told them yeah, there was some paper jammed in there so I took it out. It's fine now.

Oh. We called an engineer because it was broken. You wasted his time. You should not have touched the photocopier.

Oh. Ok. I'm very sorry. Next time there's a single sheet of A4 paper stuck in a readily accessible compartment, and the screen is flashing in your face directing you how to easily resolve this issue, I'll be sure to instead cancel my class because I can't provide the worksheets I need and call an engineer immediately.

My bad. My bad.

Fck me. I'm angry for you.

I, too, know the feeling of doing something fairly straightforward and it blows my co-workers minds. In my case it's usually positive, but it's something so easy and straightforward, and you get stared at like you cured cancer. 
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment