March 26, 2017, 12:32:48 PM

Author Topic: Chungnam role call~  (Read 2319 times)

Offline smippy

• Adventurer
Chungnam role call~
« on: July 11, 2012, 11:06:31 AM »
Hi Chungnam NETs! I created this thread to see how many of us are currently teaching in Chungnam.  :) If you're there, how are you liking it? Planning on staying in Chungnam or moving elsewhere? I'm in in the countryside near Boryeong.

Offline firebreaker

• Super Waygook
Re: Chungnam role call~
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 09:45:08 PM »
Yesan-Gun here. about 35 minutes from Cheonan/Asan and an hour from Daejeon.  I worked in Asan and liked it. Cheonan is a small metropolitan city, but you can find everything you need there and everything is pretty centralized. Yesan isn't even a city it's so small. HAHA But I have a family and teach at a uni, so I don't really care much.
If you teach a class that has all special needs kids with only the physical ability to move their hands up and down, then you'll be fired because they all gave you checks instead of circles.

Offline flasyb

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 01:27:50 AM »
I'm in the countryside near Boryeong too. Leaving next month though. Cheonan's the place to be from what I've seen. I did a camp there for a week in 2010.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

We are not "guests" in Korea. Korea didn't invite us over for Pimms in the garden. We are paid employees.

Offline luckycounty

• Explorer
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 03:28:36 PM »
Hello. I have been in Seosan for nearly three years. I enjoy it and likely will stay another year here or move onto teaching at uni. The one downside of the whole thing is the local education office and Chungnam education office systems. >:( Talking about a cat (systems) that can never catch its tail nor lose face for this ridiculous inability. ::)

Offline joolooboi

• Explorer
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 10:49:32 AM »
hi there from Daejeon. Ive been here for 4 months teach at a high tech highschool. The kids are very low level so teaching them is utterly difficult. The first week they looked at me like i was crazy when i tried to teach them simple introduction 'o'. Four months later they've now resigned to not caring. I now have summer camp. Any lesson plan ideas for 17-18 medium level, they keen on learning THANK GOD. Just want to make sure that i teach them something worthwhile! Any ideas are more than welcome;).

Daejeon itself is pretty great, its a city so you get all city living you need but not with extra living costs of most cities, i dont know how else to describe but that way im afraid. Unfortunatey however i havent come across any foreigns yet, im convinced im the only black person in my village- but luckily the people here are very nice and know some locals. There is a rad party scene though, down town daejeon and more city side. Everything is close by- so convieniance is another luxury. My only issue i reckon is where are the other foreigners haha!

Offline Bulldogs12

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 11:04:18 PM »
hello guys,

I'm an Aussie teaching at a hagwon in Asan county (Onyang oncheon) and this is my third time in Korea (I've worked in Jeollanamdo and Incheon).

Offline seayow

• Waygookin
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 11:53:10 AM »
Cheonan here. 1st time in Korea, so I don't have anything to compare it to. The shopping is nice, the KTX is nice, the nightlife is nice. I'm looking for my outdoorsy stuff to do. Overall, Cheonan is cool.

Recent Lesson Plans

Teaching out of a story book: Middle School by oglop
[Yesterday at 12:50:06 PM]

Tabletop games in class by lifeisgood6447
[March 24, 2017, 05:50:41 PM]

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment