December 12, 2017, 06:42:39 AM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 205545 times)

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #2220 on: September 12, 2017, 12:53:01 PM »
I'm really satisfied with Bojack Horseman's season 4.

Time's Arrow, jesus christ............ Bojack weaving a comforting tale   :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ruthie, too. At the end.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2221 on: September 12, 2017, 01:00:28 PM »
Yeah, just really good storytelling without sacrificing character development. I love it.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2222 on: September 12, 2017, 02:19:35 PM »
New VP just told all of the English teachers that they have to do 2 days of camp.

Usually it's just me and my (contract) co-teacher.

They all have to plan and teach their own class . For 2 days.  Then students will go to every class.

I LOVE IT. Less planing for us. We usually have to do 10 days of camp but he's cut it down to 5! It's AMAZING.

The teachers are LIVID. They are proper sulking because they have to do 2 days work in the vacation time. They are in a little huddle moaning about it and asking the head of English if there is anything they can do.

and I am just sitting in the office like  :undecided: :undecided: :undecided: :undecided:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2223 on: September 12, 2017, 03:03:35 PM »
One of my 6th graders is also going on the study abroad trip to the states.  So out of the 4 students I'm aware of that applied, all are going!  There were only 20 or 30 slots, though I'm not sure how many students overall competed.  (It's a pretty small county)

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2224 on: September 12, 2017, 03:09:02 PM »
New VP just told all of the English teachers that they have to do 2 days of camp.

They all have to plan and teach their own class . For 2 days.  Then students will go to every class.

I LOVE IT. Less planing for us. We usually have to do 10 days of camp but he's cut it down to 5! It's AMAZING.

The teachers are LIVID. They are proper sulking because they have to do 2 days work in the vacation time. They are in a little huddle moaning about it and asking the head of English if there is anything they can do.

and I am just sitting in the office like  :undecided: :undecided: :undecided: :undecided:

I love how vocally teachers whine and moan and complain whenever something they don't like happens.

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2225 on: September 12, 2017, 04:12:17 PM »
I love how vocally teachers whine and moan and complain whenever something they don't like happens.
Like, for example, paywalls.  :laugh:

gidget

« Reply #2226 on: September 12, 2017, 07:07:03 PM »

Is this for wintercamp?! Your school is seriously ahead in their planning!

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2227 on: September 13, 2017, 07:28:20 AM »
I had NOTHING planned for my 3rd period class and came a little early to plan for it, and it was cancelled because of the listening test. God has smiled on me.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2228 on: September 13, 2017, 09:45:49 AM »

Is this for wintercamp?! Your school is seriously ahead in their planning!

New VP is on it. Not sure if he's on my side or not but he's definitely making things easier for me right now. So we'll see!

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2229 on: September 13, 2017, 02:27:55 PM »
I'm really satisfied with Bojack Horseman's season 4.

Time's Arrow, jesus christ............ Bojack weaving a comforting tale   :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ruthie, too. At the end.

I finished it last night and gak damn what an ending o.o

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #2230 on: September 13, 2017, 03:05:28 PM »
Bun Cha Hanoi in Ansan tonight followed up with Baby Driver, opening night on the big screen!  :azn:

And a cheesy dakgalbi meetup tomorrow with friends and Anyang's first hockey game of the season on Saturday.

Also, I took a page out of Sonny's book.

Did I miss something, something about paying for waygook?

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2231 on: September 15, 2017, 08:27:50 AM »
I'm ahead on planning classes. For my main school, I just need to find a game/activity for Thursday. Luckily, all my schools have exams the last week this month, so I only have next week to really worry about.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2232 on: September 15, 2017, 09:42:52 AM »
There's some cultural festival going on next week in my town where they import a bunch of foreigners so people can gawk at them. That means 2 of my schools planned to have me go to it with the kids. 2 days of walking around and no classes sounds good to me :}

Offline CJ

• Veteran
« Reply #2233 on: September 15, 2017, 09:43:24 AM »
I'm ahead on planning classes. For my main school, I just need to find a game/activity for Thursday. Luckily, all my schools have exams the last week this month, so I only have next week to really worry about.

Yes! Long live endless testing and "self- study". It saves me making bomb games for my lowest of the low C level classes and attempting to get the A and B level students to talk and get their noses out of their vocab book which they are learning by rote.

The more tests, the better!!

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2234 on: September 15, 2017, 12:36:46 PM »
Been listening to a lot of 70s music lately, nothing pumps me up for after school class quite like Bat out of hell and My sharona.

I feel like I want to go into the store room next door and have a little dance.

It's FRIDAY!!

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2235 on: September 15, 2017, 12:47:19 PM »
Been listening to a lot of 70s music lately, nothing pumps me up for after school class quite like Bat out of hell and My sharona.

I feel like I want to go into the store room next door and have a little dance.

It's FRIDAY!!

;D

I thought 'Bat out of Hell' was 80s and then googled it.  :huh:  Same year I was born.  Christ!!  Nothing makes my day more than putting on a shell suit and my Nike Airs and listening to The Prodigy.   :cheesy: I was also thinking about the Harry Enfield Show yesterday and the 'Double Take' brothers for absolutely no reason. 

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2236 on: September 15, 2017, 01:52:24 PM »
I'm going to the east coast this weekend and I'm very much looking forward to it. The person I'm going with has a car, so we can go wherever we want. It's going to be a pleasant two days with no screaming kids.  :azn:

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #2237 on: September 15, 2017, 03:02:42 PM »
America's middle class is booming.

Between 2015 and 2016, US median household income rose 3.2% from $57,230 to $59,039, according to a new report released by the U.S. Census Bureau.

It's now the highest income year on record, beating the previous high of $58,655 in 1999 (all numbers are adjusted for inflation).

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2238 on: September 15, 2017, 03:20:52 PM »
America's middle class is booming.

Between 2015 and 2016, US median household income rose 3.2% from $57,230 to $59,039, according to a new report released by the U.S. Census Bureau.

It's now the highest income year on record, beating the previous high of $58,655 in 1999 (all numbers are adjusted for inflation).

Reporting the median might be misleading depending on the kurtosis of the data.

kur·to·sis
/kərˈtōsəs/

noun: kurtosis

the sharpness of the peak of a frequency-distribution curve.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2239 on: September 18, 2017, 02:34:08 PM »
My brother sent me a different vid but Chuck Norris as a sniper 'shooting at' fails, had me in tears.

No idea what the girl at 1:35 is doing.