June 29, 2017, 04:20:01 AM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 138994 times)

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1900 on: April 20, 2017, 11:53:30 AM »
On Thursdays and Fridays, my travel school principal picks me up and brings me to school. Today, I had forgotten to take bread out of the freezer, so I couldn't make my lunch. So I go to the conbini to get a few unhealthy snacks, which when combined, make a lunch. My principal said when I told her these snacks were my lunch. "Nope, I can't allow you to have such an unhealthy lunch." So she takes me to paris baguette on the way to school, and says: You can get a healthier lunch here." So I pick out what I want, and she decides she wants a coffee, I go to pay (I offered to pay for her coffee too, since she drives me to school twice a week for nothing). She says: "no, it's my treat." and refuses to let me pay for my own lunch.
Was very nice. I kept thanking her for it, probably to the point of annoyance. :D I'm not very comfortable accepting gifts, even from my closest friends. :\

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1901 on: April 20, 2017, 04:55:52 PM »
Whomever the new nutritionist is at this school, I love her. 

There were giant scotch eggs at lunch today.  So totally unexpected and wonderful.  I was so astounded I could have near shed a tear. 

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1902 on: April 20, 2017, 05:39:31 PM »

There were giant scotch eggs at lunch today.  So totally unexpected and wonderful.  I was so astounded I could have near shed a tear.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 05:44:33 PM by #basedcowboyshirt »

Offline MaximusPrime

• Adventurer
« Reply #1903 on: April 20, 2017, 06:30:18 PM »
This morning I got a message from my main coT asking when she could contact me. I told her I had 6 classes.
After she calls me to inform me she thinks the grade 4's tomorrow need more practice time and is changing the lesson and activity to Monday while adding in stuff tomorrow that I don't need to prep. OMG WOW! I was told in advance AND no extra prep. I love my new coT.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1904 on: April 20, 2017, 06:39:52 PM »

Ooh I'm jealous! Yesterday we had bibimbap and dduk, today we had white rice, potatoes, and a churro.  :cry: I'm tempted to start bringing my own lunches except everyone here would overreact, and I don't want to deal with that drama.

My happy thing...um...well it's not school related but I managed to pay off one of my student loans which is a good feeling.

Offline MaximusPrime

• Adventurer
« Reply #1905 on: April 20, 2017, 06:43:49 PM »

Ooh I'm jealous! Yesterday we had bibimbap and dduk, today we had white rice, potatoes, and a churro.  :cry: I'm tempted to start bringing my own lunches except everyone here would overreact, and I don't want to deal with that drama.

My happy thing...um...well it's not school related but I managed to pay off one of my student loans which is a good feeling.

Congrats Spider! That is one of the best feelings ever!!

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1906 on: April 21, 2017, 01:03:43 PM »
Listening to a 90s/00s music playlist on Spotify and  DARUDE SANDSTORM comes on!!

Suddenly I am 13 ish again, I am so FRICKIN COOL.  :afro:

Big fish little fish cardboard box......

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1907 on: April 21, 2017, 02:41:12 PM »
Last two classes of the day got cancelled so they can practice for their singing competition, so I'm off at 2pm on a sunny Friday afternoon! Hoorah.

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1908 on: April 21, 2017, 04:04:23 PM »
Listening to a 90s/00s music playlist on Spotify and  DARUDE SANDSTORM comes on!!

Suddenly I am 13 ish again, I am so FRICKIN COOL.  :afro:

Big fish little fish cardboard box......

That was the first ringtone I ever had on a cellphone. It was awesome.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1909 on: April 21, 2017, 05:49:23 PM »
Just went in on a used record cutter with my friend. I can't wait to record dumb stuff on to picnic plates for funzies until we break it due to ignorance and misuse.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Love motel?
« Reply #1910 on: April 21, 2017, 05:53:05 PM »
Just went in on a used record cutter with my friend. I can't wait to record dumb stuff on to picnic plates for funzies until we break it due to ignorance and misuse.

Hold on, you can make vinyl LPs yourself?
For all things that could have been
Well, at least we took the ride
There's no relief in bitterness
Might as well let it die

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1911 on: April 21, 2017, 06:05:59 PM »

Hold on, you can make vinyl LPs yourself?

I'm intrigued.

Offline emmas28

• Veteran
« Reply #1912 on: April 21, 2017, 06:21:14 PM »
Students:  Teacher!!  Do you know fommalanian???
Me:  Err, what? 
Students:  Fommalanian!!  It's a dog!!
Me (to myself):  Fommalanian... fomma... What kinda dog breed is--

*lightbulb*

Me:  AH!!!  POMERANIAN!!  They're really fluffy!!
Students:  Yes, teacher!!  We love fommalanian!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh that made me giggle! My sister has two Pomeranians and my boyfriend (who is Korean) always calls them 'Peraniums' I'm always convinced he's talking about flowers. Also, one is called 'Tilly' and he keeps calling her 'Chilly'. I'm always trying to work out who's cold??

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1913 on: April 21, 2017, 06:26:22 PM »
Friday

4:25pm

That magic, precious moment when there is the most freedom between me and the next class I have to teach. I am appreciating.

Also next week begins the slide into exam period and then a month of May so chock full of free time that I probably won't know what to do with it. I am appreciating.

Peace y'all. :cheesy:

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1914 on: April 21, 2017, 06:32:46 PM »
Friday

4:25pm

That magic, precious moment when there is the most freedom between me and the next class I have to teach. I am appreciating.

Also next week begins the slide into exam period and then a month of May so chock full of free time that I probably won't know what to do with it. I am appreciating.

Peace y'all. :cheesy:

Enjoy your time!

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1915 on: April 21, 2017, 06:35:19 PM »

Enjoy your time!

Thanks #basedcowboyshirt! You too  8)

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Love motel?
« Reply #1916 on: April 21, 2017, 06:35:32 PM »
Three Birthday parties (friends, mine, Magpie Craft Brewing), an escape room, Motor City Pizza for lunch, and a hot date in Ansan with an Indonesian girl (SIMPLY STUNNING  :afro:).

I hope you have even half as much fun as I'm going to have this weekend.

Hwaito
For all things that could have been
Well, at least we took the ride
There's no relief in bitterness
Might as well let it die

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1917 on: April 21, 2017, 06:40:25 PM »
Three Birthday parties (friends, mine, Magpie Craft Brewing), an escape room, Motor City Pizza for lunch, and a hot date in Ansan with an Indonesian girl (SIMPLY STUNNING  :afro:).

Hwaito

Sounds awesome! Happy Birthday CO2 and may all your wishes come true  ;D

Offline donovan

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1918 on: April 21, 2017, 07:00:21 PM »

Hwaito

This friend of yours, could it be...  :afro: :afro: :afro:

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1919 on: April 24, 2017, 04:35:12 PM »
Due to my wife's stupid school starting back for the autumn term on Thursday 10th August for two days and then having four days off, I thought my summer holiday was ruined.  My school starts back like many others on the 16th August.  Due the fact my school should have summer classes until 4th August, that would mean no holiday at all, as my wife wouldn't be able to take those two days off.

Usually, I can get away with shoving all my classes into one week, but that would still mean only having about 10 days to go back to Europe, which is too short.  Also the flight tickets on the Friday and Saturday 28th/29th are expensive.

I chatted with my co-teacher and said could I do the summer classes for three days and then travel on the Thursday 27th.  She said sure, it my choice anyway.   ;D Also the business class tickets are cheap on that day too.   ;D  So I will spend a week with my wife, momma and some family in the Austrian Alps.  I booked my house in the mountains yesterday near Salzburg  ;D I love my school.   :-*

I also get to go here too, Hallstatt

Recent Lesson Plans

HAIKYU! Bomb Game by Mister Tim
[Yesterday at 07:18:12 PM]

Naruto Mystery Scroll Bomb Game by Mister Tim
[Yesterday at 07:02:51 PM]

Overwatch Themed Board Game! by kobayashi
[Yesterday at 06:40:40 PM]

Moana Camp by xenal
[Yesterday at 05:56:13 PM]

Short on Supplies Summer Camp by cuthza
[Yesterday at 05:53:57 PM]