November 19, 2017, 08:18:37 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 195907 times)

Online JNM

• The Legend
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #941 on: September 07, 2016, 06:38:13 AM »
http://tide.com/en-us/shop/type/liquid/tide-free-and-gentle-liquid

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/misc/all-detergent.html

https://www.amazon.com/Kirkland-Signature-Concentrate-Premium-Detergent/dp/B004NPZTTU

First one shows mostly 5/5 ratings for the Tide product.
Second is about a different brand.
Third is another brand.

A few bad reviews, but that is to be expected... but nothing about a recall or "F" rating.
People can be sensitive to a lot of things, so nothing is going to be 100% for everybody.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #942 on: September 07, 2016, 02:56:11 PM »
The PE teacher got a drone and tested flying it around the office. It mainly bumped into teacher's chairs  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline FreddyPrinceWilliam

• Veteran
« Reply #943 on: September 07, 2016, 03:09:07 PM »
Sports day tomorrow. I will have no classes. I will use the day to "lesson plan" and "study Korean"  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #944 on: September 07, 2016, 03:32:06 PM »
This week I was teaching fairy tales and for the second half of the week, they are writing their own fractured fairy tales. I wrote different famous-ish fairy tales on pieces of paper and then they chose one. One kid got Rumplestiltskin, and he changed it to Putinstiltskin. Putinstiltskin was challenging Obama to guessing the capital of Russia in three tries. If he didn't get it right, then Putinstiltskin would nuke Obama. Obama got it on the thirs try, and Putinstiltskin gave the nuke to Obama and ran away.

The second one was Snow White, but instead of a beauty competition between Snow and her stepmother, it was a best-dictator competition between Putin and Kim Jong Un.

And lastly, there was a student who was doing Sleeping Beauty and was trying to write that there was a magic needle, but instead wrote magic nipple.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: He was so confused when I started cracking up until I explained and then him and his classmate who helped him were laughing.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #945 on: September 08, 2016, 10:05:14 AM »
^LOL that's marvelous. A great example of why mistakes are okay and a part of learning.

I love my grade 2 middle schoolers. Today I noticed one student's hand moving repeatedly behind another student's head so I asked "[student], what are you doing??"

Boy 1: Uhh... this! (exaggerates his hand movement)
Boy 2: He is touching my body!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline FreddyPrinceWilliam

• Veteran
« Reply #946 on: September 08, 2016, 12:18:54 PM »
I was asked to help out with Sports Day school because the admins want to show the parents there is a foreign teacher at the school. As soon as I was about to step out and "help" it started to rain.  :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #947 on: September 08, 2016, 12:39:19 PM »
Lunch today had few things I willingly ate. Looking forward to going home cause I bought 3 blocks of cheese, a baguette, and tortillas over the weekend. Lots of salsa left over from camp and I got to take them  :azn:

Bread and cheese and quesadillas!! Can't wait

Oh man I have been making chicken quesadillas (cooked in the ONE salsa I've found that couldn't also double as frosting) with pepperjack cheese and it is such a treat.

Offline Somebody

• Super Waygook
« Reply #948 on: September 09, 2016, 08:43:38 AM »
Is it me or does it seem like the ranting thread and the happy shit thread are merging into one. I don't know what it is but these days, the comments seem to be similar.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #949 on: September 09, 2016, 08:47:22 AM »
All of my students say "Hi teacher" and do a little head bow to me in the hallways, but I have one new 1st grade middle school student who does a full stop and proper bow every time he sees me. It always makes me laugh. He is just so sweet and proper.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #950 on: September 09, 2016, 09:37:45 AM »
Was forced to use my old iPod after ruining my other one.

Turns out the old iPod has some really good music on it that I'd completely forgotten about. c:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #951 on: September 09, 2016, 09:43:33 AM »

Turns out the old iPod has some really good music on it that I'd completely forgotten about. c:

If that one craps out, take a look at the Fiio X1 MP3 player. The audio playback on it is outstanding, it's like hearing your music again for the first time and it's only 100$.

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #952 on: September 09, 2016, 09:56:40 AM »
2 of my students who went to New Zealand 2 months ago, my home country, just came back to school today, and the female student gave me some NZ chocolates. :)

Yesterday, in my final class of the day, I went to scare them by telling them they had homework during chuseok (I never give homework, as I'm not allowed to), the dread in their faces when I said that was funny, but when I said that their homework for chuseok was to: not study at all, to just enjoy the time off, by eating lots and having fun - the entire class stood up and started cheering and kept saying "Thank you teacher!" - over and over again.

I often like to scare them by telling them they have a surprise important exam, when it is just a worksheet - I also like messing with them a bit, by telling them K-pop isn't real music, the girls get a huge rise out of that, and they will try hard in English to disagree with me - when I start laughing, they know that I was just goofing and they have a laugh too.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #953 on: September 09, 2016, 10:07:19 AM »

If that one craps out, take a look at the Fiio X1 MP3 player. The audio playback on it is outstanding, it's like hearing your music again for the first time and it's only 100$.

It looks nice and the reviews are good, but it's basically a brick. I need something that won't try to out-jump my breasts as I run (I tuck it under a chest strap). Also, I think the nano has a much longer battery life.

But I might get one anyway to use during hiking trips and the like. Seems like it would be durable enough to handle the stupid crap I usually end up doing. c: Thanks for the recommendation.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #954 on: September 09, 2016, 10:13:47 AM »
^LOL that's marvelous. A great example of why mistakes are okay and a part of learning.

I love my grade 2 middle schoolers. Today I noticed one student's hand moving repeatedly behind another student's head so I asked "[student], what are you doing??"

Boy 1: Uhh... this! (exaggerates his hand movement)
Boy 2: He is touching my body!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I've been explaining lately (well, with the help of my cot) when my kids make mistakes how it changes the meaning of the sentence in the hopes that it'll help them remember better since it's funny.

ex: "I have been Jeju-do"
Yes, that's right, but you really need to remember the "to". "I have been to Jeju-do" means you went there, whereas "I have been Jeju-do" means you were the actual island of Jeju for some amount of time

That one got a lot of laughs haha

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #955 on: September 09, 2016, 10:15:27 AM »
All of my students say "Hi teacher" and do a little head bow to me in the hallways, but I have one new 1st grade middle school student who does a full stop and proper bow every time he sees me. It always makes me laugh. He is just so sweet and proper.

I have a grade 1 girl at my middle school that always does that to me too.
I've tried to tell her she doesn't need to bow to me, I'm happy for a wave, this silly little salute thing I do, or a thumbs up. She keeps doing it though - I'm not complaining about it, it's nice to see such a respectful student. My boys on the other hand, they usually give me a wave and a hello teacher! Or copy my silly salute like thing, because they find it funny. :)

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #956 on: September 09, 2016, 10:22:48 AM »

It looks nice and the reviews are good, but it's basically a brick. I need something that won't try to out-jump my breasts as I run (I tuck it under a chest strap). Also, I think the nano has a much longer battery life.

But I might get one anyway to use during hiking trips and the like. Seems like it would be durable enough to handle the stupid crap I usually end up doing. c: Thanks for the recommendation.

I still use my old ipod classic from like 2009 because it's got 160GB and it's almost full but my students see it sometimes and always say "Teacher, no touch screen no good!"

I don't care, it gets the job done and I only have to charge it once a week!

Offline Mister Tim

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #957 on: September 09, 2016, 11:42:47 AM »
When I arrived at my 4th period class (all-girl middle school 2nd grade class), everyone was standing outside the classroom door and there was a great deal of gasping, squealing, and shrieking going on. I've seen birds get into halls and classrooms here and that always had a similar result, so I thought that might've happened again. If not that, then maybe a spider.

When things had settled down a little and everyone had entered the class, I asked what was going on. Turns out it was neither bird nor spider: It was budding romance. One of the 2nd grade boys had come to "confess" to one of the girls in the class, which was apparently a super big deal. It took a while to get them all settled down so I could start class.

I had heard about such confessions before, via dramas and such, but this was my first time actually being party to one. It was honestly kindof adorable. The recipient was a quiet, mousy girl who mostly sits in the back of class keeping to herself, so I'm pretty stoked for her.

Fridays are generally one of my worst days so far this semester, so it was a nice dose of cuteness to brighten my day.

EDIT to clarify: I don't work at an all-girls school, but the classes at my main school are separated by gender. The boy wasn't randomly dropping by from another school or anything, haha.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 11:47:43 AM by Mister Tim »

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #958 on: September 12, 2016, 03:22:12 PM »
I'm a failure of an adult so everyday I go to school and just pray there will be some bread to eat because I was too lazy to pack lunch. Usually by some miracle those prayers are answered.

Today, they were answered and then some!! Spicy pork pizza from pizza school with sweet potato ring and mozza bite crust. And I got to eat three pieces. Life is good.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #959 on: September 12, 2016, 03:33:10 PM »
I'm a failure of an adult so everyday I go to school and just pray there will be some bread to eat because I was too lazy to pack lunch. Usually by some miracle those prayers are answered.

Today, they were answered and then some!! Spicy pork pizza from pizza school with sweet potato ring and mozza bite crust. And I got to eat three pieces. Life is good.

That sounds... awesome!! I've never had that one before. I like to get the chicken tender pizza with sweet chili sauce drizzled over it  ;D