September 25, 2017, 05:16:40 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 174407 times)

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #920 on: August 26, 2016, 04:17:58 PM »
I've finally posted my way back up to being a 4 star "Expert Waygook" after having a bunch of posts deleted with the 2.0 ranting thread. Its the little things...  :P

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I don't think I'm up to my original post count yet, but it wasn't really that high to begin with anyway. I think I had only just passed the 300 mark or something.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #921 on: August 26, 2016, 04:19:29 PM »
I've finally posted my way back up to being a 4 star "Expert Waygook" after having a bunch of posts deleted with the 2.0 ranting thread. Its the little things...  :P

I've come back to Hero of WGS after my demotion to Super Wayg.

LIFE IS GOOD   :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #922 on: August 26, 2016, 05:16:41 PM »
I'm sad because there are no further ranks for me to climb up.
Also sad that I've posted the number of comments that I have.  :-[
... in my own defence, I've been here for a while...

...which makes me happy because my pay reflects that! Woo-hooo!

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #923 on: August 26, 2016, 05:31:20 PM »

I've come back to Hero of WGS after my demotion to Super Wayg.

LIFE IS GOOD   :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

*Bows down*

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #924 on: August 26, 2016, 05:35:03 PM »
I'm sad because there are no further ranks for me to climb up.
Also sad that I've posted the number of comments that I have.  :-[
... in my own defence, I've been here for a while...

...which makes me happy because my pay reflects that! Woo-hooo!

You can send some of that my way. I accept online transfers.

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #925 on: August 26, 2016, 06:09:40 PM »
I've decided for the first time to grow out a beard.
I was incredibly nervous and have been hiding up in my office afraid I'd be commanded to shave it.

All the teachers went out to pull grass off the field today and the principal finally saw it.
Asked me if my wife liked it, I said no, we laughed and he don't care.

Santa Claus at Walmart here I come!

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #926 on: August 29, 2016, 02:10:24 PM »
Purchased a filtered shower head last week and the difference in my hair was immediate and dramatic. Hair is almost as soft as it was before I came to Korea (so I guess their was little damage to my hair but a crap-ton of build-up from whatever's in the water). Wish I hadn't waited so long to do this.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #927 on: August 29, 2016, 02:26:34 PM »
Office neighbor KT's phone just went off -- the ringtone is some death metal song. xD

This teacher is a very typical-looking Korean woman in her late 40s. She teaches science.

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #928 on: August 29, 2016, 02:36:38 PM »
You can send some of that my way. I accept online transfers.
It would be my pleasure!  :smiley:
For the sake of expediency, I'll need your account number, passport number, SIN, all your passwords, mother's maiden name, and a copy of your finger prints.

Offline SkidMarx

• Veteran
« Reply #929 on: August 29, 2016, 02:53:48 PM »
Last week was my birthday and I told my students they could come to my office to give me gifts, as an obvious joke. Today, one grade 5 student (probs my favourite, she really puts the effort in to try and speak English) gave me a small notebook that she wrote "Happy Birthday Teacher, so sorry" on the front.

I don't know what the "so sorry" part is about but it was a nice little surprise.

Online welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #930 on: August 29, 2016, 03:00:28 PM »
I scored a date with a super catch of a guy in a couple weeks. Something came up and he has to go to a friends wedding but has invited me to go along with... is that serious? We've only met once before... nevertheless I am super pumped about it. Wish me luck~
I feel like being asked to go to a wedding can be seen as serious, but here, who knows. Either way, congrats and good luck! ^^

It's not necessarily serious. It's one of those events where you're usually expected to show up with a date here.

Actually I was told, by two different ladies, for two different reasons, it's not generally custom to take a date to a wedding in Korea.  Much more the norm in the west though.  Hell, one was my wife, and she told me that, seeing as I don't know the people getting married that it's not necessary or expected for me to do to the wedding, and that it's very normal for her family members to go to a wedding without their spouse.  I was also told by a girl I dated ages ago, and confirmed after that by another, that you don't take your casual gf/bf to wedding as it is often seen as 'this relationship is serious, and maybe it will be us getting married next wink wink'. 

Hopefully I was being led down the garden path as the casual girlfriend was one who told me and it sounds like a great excuse for her to not go to the wedding I asked her to.  That last part is the 'happy' of this comment, as I am happy she didn't go and later married.  Quite happy indeed.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #931 on: August 29, 2016, 04:09:26 PM »
Purchased a filtered shower head last week and the difference in my hair was immediate and dramatic. Hair is almost as soft as it was before I came to Korea (so I guess their was little damage to my hair but a crap-ton of build-up from whatever's in the water). Wish I hadn't waited so long to do this.
What brand did you buy? I have been using a lot of conditioner, so my hair is still ok, but I'd like to get the extra boost of not crappy water too.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #932 on: August 29, 2016, 05:19:28 PM »
What brand did you buy? I have been using a lot of conditioner, so my hair is still ok, but I'd like to get the extra boost of not crappy water too.

I don't remember, I'll have to look when I get back home, but I purchased a cheap one available in Emart -- they have two available in the Emarts in my area right now, and I got the one with the beads visible in its shaft.

I plan to order a nicer one from gmarket at some point, but the cheap one has already done wonders for me.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #933 on: August 29, 2016, 05:50:25 PM »
My afterschool class started today (despite the fact that I won't see them again for another three weeks because Korea) and although I was pretty spent from the day, I had them do a write-a-sentence-in-the-shape-of-whatever-your-sentence-is-about drawing activity and they just peacefully scribbled and it was quite nice, actually.

:angel:

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #934 on: August 29, 2016, 06:28:47 PM »
My afterschool class started today (despite the fact that I won't see them again for another three weeks because Korea) and although I was pretty spent from the day, I had them do a write-a-sentence-in-the-shape-of-whatever-your-sentence-is-about drawing activity and they just peacefully scribbled and it was quite nice, actually.

:angel:
Ohhh, I forgot about that activity! We did that at my first elementary school here, and we have club starting Thursday.

Offline Whatgook

• Super Waygook
« Reply #935 on: August 29, 2016, 06:48:23 PM »

I don't remember, I'll have to look when I get back home, but I purchased a cheap one available in Emart -- they have two available in the Emarts in my area right now, and I got the one with the beads visible in its shaft.

I plan to order a nicer one from gmarket at some point, but the cheap one has already done wonders for me.

Read this without reading the above comment. Sounded like a dildo. Class.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #936 on: August 30, 2016, 12:31:50 PM »

Read this without reading the above comment. Sounded like a dildo. Class.

Even "I'm a little teapot" can sound dirty when it's out of context. xD

The brand of the shower head I purchased from Emart is Sokari.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #937 on: August 30, 2016, 01:04:58 PM »
Just enjoying the cool weather :) At least until it warms up again in the next couple of days but at least fall (or is it winter lol) isn't far off now.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #938 on: August 30, 2016, 03:19:06 PM »

The brand of the shower head I purchased from Emart is Sokari.
Haha, thanks.  ^^

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #939 on: August 30, 2016, 04:52:14 PM »

SORRY, I GOT THE NAME WRONG BECAUSE I'M A DERP

It's Sonaki. xP
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 01:55:04 PM by Chinguetti »

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment