November 19, 2017, 02:53:30 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 195730 times)

Offline sunflowerxoxo

• Adventurer
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #920 on: September 01, 2016, 02:41:14 PM »
My 3rd graders are easily becoming my favorites.

At first I used to hate teaching them due to a combination of there being so many, them barely knowing any English and my coteacher being on her phone 24/7 (or not coming to class at all)  :rolleyes:  while I struggled with them.

But I've cracked the code  :P

Teaching them is so fun now and they get me so pumped up. They're so excited to come to my class that the homeroom teacher even told my coteacher how much they love English  8) 8) 8)

I do occasionally have to yell at someone but they're so energetic and eager to learn and have fun that I can't stay annoyed for long.

It's nice  :cheesy:

Offline lazerbullet

• Veteran
  • Welcome to ghost time
« Reply #921 on: September 01, 2016, 02:44:10 PM »
Been struggling for lesson plans for ages, suddenly found a bunch of really useful-looking conversational textbooks lying around ... Easy Street, here we come!

Offline SkidMarx

• Veteran
« Reply #922 on: September 02, 2016, 09:48:08 AM »
Today, my co brought me a coffee and a McDick's breakfast. I haven't had a McDick's breakfast in effing ages. Nice start to the day.

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #923 on: September 02, 2016, 10:16:11 AM »
Today, my co brought me a coffee and a McDick's breakfast. I haven't had a McDick's breakfast in effing ages. Nice start to the day.
Yeah, McDick's is great for breakfasts. Conveniently located too: just a hop, skip, and a jump away from McClutchie's.  :smiley:

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #924 on: September 02, 2016, 02:54:48 PM »
a tiny bit of goodness in this terrible stressful thing that is midterms coming way too early and doing a stupid complicated schedule with the 2nd graders: the 2nd grade teacher who insisted on this horrible schedule is making all the handouts required for both her classes and my classes.

Offline robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #925 on: September 02, 2016, 03:29:12 PM »
My new colleague seems nice and unremarkable and my Teachers' English class went really well.

Now I'm going to go to an absolutely killer Mexican place in Seoul and drink margaritas (emphasis on the plural).

TGIF!

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #926 on: September 05, 2016, 07:55:24 AM »
I had a really awesome date on Saturday <3  We went to Wolmido and did a bunch of fun stuff. Best trip up to Seoul ever...too bad I live so far from it. Hopefully if we continue seeing each other it will work from across the country.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #927 on: September 05, 2016, 08:05:52 AM »
Been struggling for lesson plans for ages, suddenly found a bunch of really useful-looking conversational textbooks lying around ... Easy Street, here we come!
What books are they and are they good for MS/HS? I'm starting to also fall short on lesson ideas.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #928 on: September 05, 2016, 09:07:00 AM »
I had a really awesome date on Saturday <3  We went to Wolmido and did a bunch of fun stuff. Best trip up to Seoul ever...too bad I live so far from it. Hopefully if we continue seeing each other it will work from across the country.

Aww~ I hope it works out for you!! Did you go to the amusement park there?

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #929 on: September 05, 2016, 10:33:23 AM »

Yes! We did that disco pang pang thing where you sit on that round thingy and they try to spin and shake you off? It was fun but i have a few bruises lol. It was so nice  ;D  Trying to keep myself from being crazy now until I see him again haha

Offline antmar

• Veteran
« Reply #930 on: September 05, 2016, 10:38:30 AM »

Yes! We did that disco pang pang thing where you sit on that round thingy and they try to spin and shake you off? It was fun but i have a few bruises lol. It was so nice  ;D  Trying to keep myself from being crazy now until I see him again haha

Ah super happy for you! I might be in a similar situation so I know how you feel. Sadly she's vacationing in Bali right now.

Might take her on the disco pang as it seem you had a good time.

Hope it works out for you! :)  :afro:

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #931 on: September 05, 2016, 10:53:47 AM »

Ah super happy for you! I might be in a similar situation so I know how you feel. Sadly she's vacationing in Bali right now.

Take her! There are other rides and stuff there if you are into that or just walk around and explore :)

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #932 on: September 05, 2016, 12:13:07 PM »

Take her! There are other rides and stuff there if you are into that or just walk around and explore :)
Ohhh, I have always wanted to go on one of those! I should get my bf to take me, heh heh.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #933 on: September 05, 2016, 01:11:48 PM »
On the upside of having to see Mr Baek again, I have a cute cat.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #934 on: September 05, 2016, 01:40:22 PM »
On the upside of having to see Mr Baek again, I have a cute cat.

AWWW

Edit: Lol I somehow accidentally posted this before I was finished typing without ever actually clicking post??? Anyway...

Your cat is so cute! Why the cone?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 01:42:16 PM by yirgacheffe »

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #935 on: September 05, 2016, 01:47:53 PM »
AWWW Your cat is so cute! Why the cone?

The cone is off now, but he needed one because he had a huge infected sore on the inside of his back leg. We stole him from Namsan (rescued, haha), so we took him to the vet to get him checked out and he had a 2x1 inch sore on his leg, we didn't even see it initially. So the doc fixed him up but he couldn't allow 산 to lick at his wounds. So the cone was on him for, like, 3 weeks. ahhahaha He also had ear mites, but other than that, he's a healthy monster of a cat. So much energy.

But then the cone came back 3 months later when we got him fixed. hahahaha 

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #936 on: September 05, 2016, 01:51:51 PM »
Lunch today had few things I willingly ate. Looking forward to going home cause I bought 3 blocks of cheese, a baguette, and tortillas over the weekend. Lots of salsa left over from camp and I got to take them  :azn:

Bread and cheese and quesadillas!! Can't wait

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #937 on: September 05, 2016, 01:56:14 PM »
AWWW Your cat is so cute! Why the cone?

The cone is off now, but he needed one because he had a huge infected sore on the inside of his back leg. We stole him from Namsan (rescued, haha), so we took him to the vet to get him checked out and he had a 2x1 inch sore on his leg, we didn't even see it initially. So the doc fixed him up but he couldn't allow 산 to lick at his wounds. So the cone was on him for, like, 3 weeks. ahhahaha He also had ear mites, but other than that, he's a healthy monster of a cat. So much energy.

But then the cone came back 3 months later when we got him fixed. hahahaha

Oh, right, I remember your Namsan story. I wish I could take in all the cats I walk past on my way home every day but I'm not in Korea permanently :(

Online Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #938 on: September 06, 2016, 09:34:23 PM »
Oh man. So you know how cheap fragrance in things like laundry detergent is totally gross? (It is.)

Sellers are finally stocking Tide Free and Gentle after about a year of it disappearing. Ordered three bottles of it. #based hypoallergenic I'm all about that. And it's mad cheap. 12,000 for a bottle of it, and a bottle of Tide original. Gotta have the Tide original sometimes. And Tide scent reminds me of being a kid.

Also pro lifehack: if you handwash your shirts, not only do you save tons of money on water and electricity, but you also extend the life of your shirts by about 65%.
I hear you about fragrances, etc.  I feel the same way.

That said, I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but your detergent was recalled in the US and pulled from the shelves at Costco.

You might wish to Google it.

It received an "F" rating.

Many people have had terrible reactions to it, so it looks like they are seeking to dump it in the Korean market.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #939 on: September 07, 2016, 05:58:39 AM »
Oh man. So you know how cheap fragrance in things like laundry detergent is totally gross? (It is.)

Sellers are finally stocking Tide Free and Gentle after about a year of it disappearing. Ordered three bottles of it. #based hypoallergenic I'm all about that. And it's mad cheap. 12,000 for a bottle of it, and a bottle of Tide original. Gotta have the Tide original sometimes. And Tide scent reminds me of being a kid.

Also pro lifehack: if you handwash your shirts, not only do you save tons of money on water and electricity, but you also extend the life of your shirts by about 65%.
I hear you about fragrances, etc.  I feel the same way.

That said, I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but your detergent was recalled in the US and pulled from the shelves at Costco.

You might wish to Google it.

It received an "F" rating.

Many people have had terrible reactions to it, so it looks like they are seeking to dump it in the Korean market.

I did Google it, and found nothing of the sort.

Reference, please.