November 19, 2017, 08:19:10 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 195909 times)

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #880 on: August 24, 2016, 03:10:52 PM »
I scored a date with a super catch of a guy in a couple weeks. Something came up and he has to go to a friends wedding but has invited me to go along with... is that serious? We've only met once before... nevertheless I am super pumped about it. Wish me luck~
I feel like being asked to go to a wedding can be seen as serious, but here, who knows. Either way, congrats and good luck! ^^

It's not necessarily serious. It's one of those events where you're usually expected to show up with a date here.

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #881 on: August 24, 2016, 03:19:25 PM »
I scored a date with a super catch of a guy in a couple weeks. Something came up and he has to go to a friends wedding but has invited me to go along with... is that serious? We've only met once before... nevertheless I am super pumped about it. Wish me luck~
I feel like being asked to go to a wedding can be seen as serious, but here, who knows. Either way, congrats and good luck! ^^

It's not necessarily serious. It's one of those events where you're usually expected to show up with a date here.
Thanks!

Yeah I've been to a few weddings in Korea but not random ones lol I guess I'll find out if its serious or not... haha

Offline lazerbullet

• Veteran
  • Welcome to ghost time
« Reply #882 on: August 24, 2016, 03:39:38 PM »
Feeling very well rested and relaxed after a long-ass vacation with the family, even Spaland last night ... mmm. Happy humpday everyone!

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #883 on: August 25, 2016, 10:50:50 AM »
Was waiting at a bus stop yesterday and a bunch of ajummas started talking to me (old people seem to like talking to me for some reason, even if I tell them I don't speak much Korean). I was able to understand roughly (basic stuff, like where are you going? Are you from there? What are you doing? The bus goes there at this time) and respond properly!

They all got up to leave when their bus driver showed up. Then a few moments later I heard honking. I went to check and the bus driver asked where I was going. He told me to just get on his bus because the next bus (that officially goes to my stop) doesn't leave until (only 10 minutes) later.

So I got on the bus and all the ajummas just smiled at me. The bus driver fiddled with some of the air vents and then tells me to move up a seat because where I'm sitting is very hot.

I think that's the nicest bus driver I've come across thus far!  :azn:

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #884 on: August 25, 2016, 01:25:57 PM »
krissyboo, congrats! Hope it goes well~

Also, the weather today has gotten considerably better. I haven't turned the AC on today and I don't really feel the need to. :D

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #885 on: August 26, 2016, 07:39:37 AM »
"fancy" power converter box arrived yesterday! Now I can play the consoles I brought over after vacationing at home! Probably gonna be more of a hermit but I can't go out every weekend if I wanna save money anyway   ;D I am stupid excited about this hahahah

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #886 on: August 26, 2016, 07:42:55 AM »

Also, the weather today has gotten considerably better. I haven't turned the AC on today and I don't really feel the need to. :D

Thanks!! <3 me too  :-[

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #887 on: August 26, 2016, 07:50:50 AM »
"fancy" power converter box arrived yesterday! Now I can play the consoles I brought over after vacationing at home! Probably gonna be more of a hermit but I can't go out every weekend if I wanna save money anyway   ;D I am stupid excited about this hahahah

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #888 on: August 26, 2016, 08:08:22 AM »
I am working on planning my Chuseok cycling trip along the east coast, and just thinking about spending some time on beaches is making me happy already. And yay, Friday!

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #889 on: August 26, 2016, 08:09:40 AM »
Normally, I hate rain, but OMG IT'S FINALLY RAINING AND THERE'S A COOL BREEZE AND IT'S JUST BEAUTIFUL ALL AROUND LIFE IS RAINBOW

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #890 on: August 26, 2016, 10:00:31 AM »

Lol I made the mistake of bringing nothing over when I first arrived and now I've overcompensated by bringing over PS1/PS2 stuffs and a Wii, in addition to my new handheld.  I figure I'm gonna have more time on my hands since I'm renewing at the same school.  I also wanted to challenge some of my office mates to a friendly match of Smash Bros.  :evil:

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #891 on: August 26, 2016, 10:46:25 AM »
Lol I made the mistake of bringing nothing over when I first arrived and now I've overcompensated by bringing over PS1/PS2 stuffs and a Wii, in addition to my new handheld.  I figure I'm gonna have more time on my hands since I'm renewing at the same school.  I also wanted to challenge some of my office mates to a friendly match of Smash Bros.  :evil:

I had the opportunity to but chose to bring other things instead. I regret everything. (;__;)

Offline FreddyPrinceWilliam

• Veteran
« Reply #892 on: August 26, 2016, 12:17:28 PM »

Thanks!! <3 me too  :-[

it is amazing what the weather change has done for my mood. I dont think I have seen such a clearer day here in Gyeonggido since I have moved here. =] I cant wait for 430 to roll around so I can get out and enjoy some of it. Happy weekend everyone.

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #893 on: August 26, 2016, 01:14:57 PM »
I've finally posted my way back up to being a 4 star "Expert Waygook" after having a bunch of posts deleted with the 2.0 ranting thread. Its the little things...  :P

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #894 on: August 26, 2016, 01:17:58 PM »
I've finally posted my way back up to being a 4 star "Expert Waygook" after having a bunch of posts deleted with the 2.0 ranting thread. Its the little things...  :P

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I don't think I'm up to my original post count yet, but it wasn't really that high to begin with anyway. I think I had only just passed the 300 mark or something.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #895 on: August 26, 2016, 01:19:29 PM »

I've come back to Hero of WGS after my demotion to Super Wayg.

LIFE IS GOOD   :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #896 on: August 26, 2016, 02:16:41 PM »
I'm sad because there are no further ranks for me to climb up.
Also sad that I've posted the number of comments that I have.  :-[
... in my own defence, I've been here for a while...

...which makes me happy because my pay reflects that! Woo-hooo!

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #897 on: August 26, 2016, 02:31:20 PM »

I've come back to Hero of WGS after my demotion to Super Wayg.

LIFE IS GOOD   :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

*Bows down*

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #898 on: August 26, 2016, 02:35:03 PM »
I'm sad because there are no further ranks for me to climb up.
Also sad that I've posted the number of comments that I have.  :-[
... in my own defence, I've been here for a while...

...which makes me happy because my pay reflects that! Woo-hooo!

You can send some of that my way. I accept online transfers.

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #899 on: August 26, 2016, 03:09:40 PM »
I've decided for the first time to grow out a beard.
I was incredibly nervous and have been hiding up in my office afraid I'd be commanded to shave it.

All the teachers went out to pull grass off the field today and the principal finally saw it.
Asked me if my wife liked it, I said no, we laughed and he don't care.

Santa Claus at Walmart here I come!