September 20, 2017, 12:39:04 AM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 171663 times)

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SHIT MEGATHREAD
« Reply #800 on: July 18, 2016, 06:29:35 PM »
They installed the English Hancom on my computer and I don't know if it's the 2014 version or not but I don't care because I can understand everything!

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #801 on: July 19, 2016, 01:09:49 PM »
They installed the English Hancom on my computer and I don't know if it's the 2014 version or not but I don't care because I can understand everything!

English Hancom is bad Hancom. I had it on my computer, and it was super buggy. Randomly unable to copy and paste things, formatting issues that weren't present in the Korean Hancom, etc.

Had to uninstall it and go back to the Korean one.

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #802 on: July 19, 2016, 01:15:02 PM »
These days, I feel like I have many #rare and #based insights to share with people, just like the Based God does. I think I should start a topic for sharing my various advices and "life hacks" and also discussing Lil B.

Offline reudibeat

• Veteran
« Reply #803 on: July 19, 2016, 04:10:34 PM »

English Hancom is bad Hancom. I had it on my computer, and it was super buggy. Randomly unable to copy and paste things, formatting issues that weren't present in the Korean Hancom, etc.

Had to uninstall it and go back to the Korean one.

While messing around with the settings on my computer one day (trying to switch the whole thing over to English, unsuccessfully I might add), I somehow managed to switch Hancom to English. I didn't download any different version, just somehow changed the operating language. Of course it only worked with Hancom and didn't work with Microsoft Office which is what I was really going for. So now I have English Hancom and Korean Office. Better than nothing I guess.

Online Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #804 on: July 19, 2016, 04:25:30 PM »
I love having a toaster oven. Last night I baked some eggs in tomato cups and had it with brie cheese melted on toasted baguette slices. Marvelous!

One more day of classes after today and then a field trip on Wednesday with the whole school and the rest of the week I can spend prepping for summer camp! Which oughta be fun cause I'm just doing games and dances under the broad theme of "American culture"  ;D

what games and dances are you doing? I'm supposed to teach nine "American culture" classes for my camp and I don't want them to be boring but it's kind of hard... didn't find a lot of great stuff by searching this site either.

Dances: Chicken Dance, Macarena, Cha Cha Slide, YMCA, Cupid Shuffle, Electric Slide

Games:
~Pass the present (hot potato variant-- when the music stops, you unwrap a layer and get a piece of candy-- the last layer reveals a bigger prize, like maybe a chocolate bar)
~Zombie Dice (making homemade dice. Here are the rules http://www.sjgames.com/dice/zombiedice/img/ZDRules_English.pdf)
~Jenga (going to add tape to pieces and write English phrases or questions)
~Pit (card game. Making a homemade version. Gonna change the cards to appeal to my kids more -- like zombie or minecraft themed or something. Considered having them make their own sets in groups but dunno if we'll have time.
Rules: http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/pit.pdf)
~Battleship
~Scavenger Hunt (stealing someone's idea and making it pokemon themed ^^)
~Mafia/Werewolf
~Twister (homemade spinner, outdoor version with chalk. Here's hoping for sunny days...)
~Musical chairs
~Ninja
~Guess the celebrity/character
~Relay race (w/stuff like flip cup, an egg race, maybe bobbing for apples & misc.)
~Card games (using a standard deck of playing cards)
~UNO (I've already taught it for a free class but my kids love it)
Among the games I grew up with were "penny hockey" and "paper football".  The kids really enjoy learning to them.

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #805 on: July 19, 2016, 05:28:39 PM »
As of now classes are literally all done for the semester. Closing ceremony tomorrow morning then early dismissal. yeah, son. ;D

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #806 on: July 19, 2016, 06:01:17 PM »
Thanks Mr. C!! I bet the boy students will especially like those games.

Also, FINALLY classes are all finished! Field trip tomorrow (albeit starting at 6:30am  :cry: totally passing out on the bus) and then the rest of the week I can prep for camp!!

Offline antmar

• Veteran
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #807 on: July 20, 2016, 10:43:16 AM »
Last day of the semester and the principal is going to take all the teachers out for Chinese food for lunch. It's smooth sailing until summer camp  next week.  :afro:

Offline devsterl

• Super Waygook
« Reply #808 on: July 20, 2016, 02:46:22 PM »
Scaring the $hit out of my students amuses me....huehuehue  :evil:

Offline Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #809 on: July 20, 2016, 03:12:46 PM »
Last day of the semester. 2 days of deskwarming, 2 weeks of camp, vacation, then I'm out of here forever. Today is a good day  8)

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #810 on: July 20, 2016, 04:01:35 PM »
Just stop, and think for a moment, about how Lil B loves you. There. You're having a better day. Thanks, Lil B!

Offline west coast tatterdemalion

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #811 on: July 21, 2016, 12:54:06 PM »
Vacation time is coming! Staying at a 5 star resort on the beach! Hell yeah! True happy shit!

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #812 on: July 22, 2016, 11:33:35 AM »
In 2 weeks time I will be HOME sweet home in Canada for a visit. Cannot wait. A bit sad the time I am home is so short though.

Offline gideonvasquez

• Super Waygook
« Reply #813 on: July 22, 2016, 12:03:49 PM »
The weather is really cool looking where I am now. There are these tall storm clouds right next to crazy blue skies. The best part is the pressure changes are getting me some sorely needed wind. All in all a pretty good last day of the semester I think.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #814 on: July 22, 2016, 12:58:34 PM »
The other day I was on the bus and this girl was on her phone talking SO GODDAMN LOUDLY and cackling the entire time and a harabeoji turned around and told her to shut up. :laugh: I'm a horrible person.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #815 on: July 22, 2016, 01:03:08 PM »
The other day I was on the bus and this girl was on her phone talking SO GODDAMN LOUDLY and cackling the entire time and a harabeoji turned around and told her to shut up. :laugh: I'm a horrible person.

I dunno, I enjoy a good schadenfreude.  :wink:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #816 on: July 22, 2016, 01:22:05 PM »
I'm actually pretty stoked for camp!

Gonna teach my kids a bunch of line dances and fun games and simple recipes  ;D ;D

It's gonna be a good time. Now just hoping the weather is clear cause one of our planned activities is outdoor Twister using sidewalk chalk  :azn:

Offline Greenteabingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #817 on: July 22, 2016, 01:37:02 PM »
Done teaching classes for the semester and my vacation starts on Tuesday ;D

Offline peachkitten

• Veteran
« Reply #818 on: July 22, 2016, 10:26:29 PM »
Today the students did video recording speeches, which is an evaluation we have once a month where they have to memorize a speech and be recorded saying it. There was one girl in my class that I have been teaching since I've got here that always fails; she doesn't even try. Well I worked really hard with her this semester, even tutoring her during my break times, and today we had the speech and she got a 98! I am so proud of her! And today, I actually feel like I've made a difference, even if just a small one, as a teacher here in Korea. Plus it's Friday, woo hoo!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #819 on: July 25, 2016, 03:03:28 PM »
Survived the first day of camp!

Dancing went fairly well with about half the students (basically the ones I expected would enjoy dancing and the rest I knew would at least go along with it just out of obedience) and Zombie Dice went over so well that they kept asking to play longer ^^

I should have had the foresight to realize that the boys would get really into the game-- they were screaming "Shotgun!! SHOTGUN!!" in the hopes that someone would lose all his/her points.  :laugh: :laugh: Thank goodness nobody at the school other than my coT really speaks much English hahahah.

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment