September 27, 2017, 03:26:09 AM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 175155 times)

Offline sunflowerxoxo

• Adventurer
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SHIT MEGATHREAD
« Reply #760 on: July 13, 2016, 01:37:43 PM »
All of my classes are cancelled today!! Woohoo!!

Market day is Friday so I'm really excited that I don't have to teach any classes. The students are trying to bribe/butter me up for stamps. "Teacher, you're an angel. Stamp, please."  :laugh: "Teacher, I win game. Ten stamps, please."  :laugh: :laugh:

Also, we're making banana "ice cream" for summer camp and I'm super stoked because I haven't made it in forever (read: I'm too cheap to buy a blender). We were thinking of toppings to let them dress it with and I was like "peanut butter, gummy bears, chocolate chips, nuts...let's just get all the things I like."  ;D

How will you do that without a blender?? :O I might just steal your idea...

Oh, I meant I haven't made any at home. We have a blender at school and my coT is bringing hers from home.

You totally should! There are so many recipes...banana "ice cream" with crumbled Oreos and caramel drizzle is absolute heaven. And it's so easy to make. Wait until the bananas are ripe/overripe, freeze them overnight, throw them in the blender and there you go.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #761 on: July 13, 2016, 02:12:53 PM »
All of my classes are cancelled today!! Woohoo!!

Market day is Friday so I'm really excited that I don't have to teach any classes. The students are trying to bribe/butter me up for stamps. "Teacher, you're an angel. Stamp, please."  :laugh: "Teacher, I win game. Ten stamps, please."  :laugh: :laugh:

Also, we're making banana "ice cream" for summer camp and I'm super stoked because I haven't made it in forever (read: I'm too cheap to buy a blender). We were thinking of toppings to let them dress it with and I was like "peanut butter, gummy bears, chocolate chips, nuts...let's just get all the things I like."  ;D

How will you do that without a blender?? :O I might just steal your idea...

Oh, I meant I haven't made any at home. We have a blender at school and my coT is bringing hers from home.

You totally should! There are so many recipes...banana "ice cream" with crumbled Oreos and caramel drizzle is absolute heaven. And it's so easy to make. Wait until the bananas are ripe/overripe, freeze them overnight, throw them in the blender and there you go.

Ohhh hahaha okay that would make more sense. Yeah, I might do that. I have a blender at home so I can probably just bring that. :) Thanks~

Edit: Just remembered as I typed that out that I have no budget... so... I'll have to think about it. :(

Offline gaelynwrites

• Veteran
« Reply #762 on: July 13, 2016, 02:30:53 PM »
School served an American style chowder for lunch's soup. My 6th grade boy had 3 servings. It makes me happy that they liked something so american in flavor. And they actually did a good job, it tasted like it would back in the states.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #763 on: July 13, 2016, 03:41:05 PM »
Just realized that I can cut down about 50% of the materials I have to redo because I can adapt a lot of my planned camp activities to take place outside. *phew*

I just hope it doesn't rain because those kids are going outside anyway.

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • I'm fine thank you, and you?
« Reply #764 on: July 13, 2016, 03:49:47 PM »
Oh hey, the happy thread is longer than the ranting thread for once  :laugh:

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #765 on: July 13, 2016, 03:52:34 PM »
Oh hey, the happy thread is longer than the ranting thread for once  :laugh:

Not for long, I'm sure. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Also, the disappearance of 2.0 and the fact that my post count got slashed by nearly a half says a lot for how much I complain. :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: I practically live in that thread.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #766 on: July 13, 2016, 04:51:17 PM »
Returned to an empty office after lunch. Then everyone entered bearing treats!! Apparently there was some meeting and a lot of leftover fruit and snackage.

Free bananas, watermelon, and plums  ;D And some junky cookies and crackers too.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #767 on: July 13, 2016, 05:02:04 PM »
Returned to an empty office after lunch. Then everyone entered bearing treats!! Apparently there was some meeting and a lot of leftover fruit and snackage.

Free bananas, watermelon, and plums  ;D And some junky cookies and crackers too.

Praise #based fruit.

Cookies are poison. Enjoy your fruit!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #768 on: July 13, 2016, 05:16:53 PM »

Praise #based fruit.

Cookies are poison. Enjoy your fruit!

I had some poison first  :angel: but I balanced it out with some fruit.

PE teacher: [yirj teacher], watermelon.
Me: 네, watermelon.
PE teacher: Now.

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #769 on: July 14, 2016, 12:33:58 PM »
Yay.  Classes keep getting canceled because students are doing a "special computer class".  That's 3 fewer garbage end of the semester lessons I have to administer.   ;D

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #770 on: July 14, 2016, 02:07:59 PM »
A student called me '쌤' today in class. I've been weirdly hoping for that since the beginning of the semester.  8)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #771 on: July 14, 2016, 03:09:13 PM »
I like seeing dragonflies all the time. Perks of living near water, I guess ^^

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #772 on: July 14, 2016, 04:54:08 PM »
Today's lifehack, to increase your health and decrease your spending.

If you want to eat chicken, but don't have an oven, and don't want the crippling guilt of going to a restaurant for fried chicken, forcing you to a) pay money and b) feel terrible for eating so many calories just because you had a chicken craving, you can STEAM YOUR CHICKEN!

It's great. Buy a chicken (on sale) and then take it home and cut it into small pieces. Then, you can steam it and eat it with salt.

Offline beeonka

• Adventurer
« Reply #773 on: July 14, 2016, 04:58:01 PM »
Today my 6th graders watched a movie and now im done with classes for the day! Off to town to pick up my new glasses which look so stylish. & my mom is visiting! :]

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #774 on: July 14, 2016, 07:27:10 PM »
Had a chat with my coT about summer camp supplies; everything on the list is approved by the principal! ^^

Then she told me she had a discussion with the principal about how winter camp will be "impossible" without a budget and that she would refuse to do winter camp without one.  :shocked: Dayummm.

She's worried camp will be boring if we can't buy materials. I don't agree that no budget renders camp impossible, but money definitely spruces things up (and all the better if not out of my pocket, hah). And some of the supplies we're getting for the upcoming camp are things we can use throughout the school year during regular classes too (cause English class has no budget though camp was thrown a bone). Getting a few sets of JENGA!  ;D Which will also be beneficial for my travel schools!

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #775 on: July 14, 2016, 09:02:45 PM »
Today's lifehack, to increase your health and decrease your spending.

If you want to eat chicken, but don't have an oven, and don't want the crippling guilt of going to a restaurant for fried chicken, forcing you to a) pay money and b) feel terrible for eating so many calories just because you had a chicken craving, you can STEAM YOUR CHICKEN!

It's great. Buy a chicken (on sale) and then take it home and cut it into small pieces. Then, you can steam it and eat it with salt.

I do a lot of stir fry (with minimal oil).

Offline Sillyleaf

• Adventurer
« Reply #776 on: July 15, 2016, 12:22:36 AM »
My Elementary students are at a youth centre 'camping' trip. I was told I could go to the evening candle ceremony if I wanted.

I  just got back and it was a blast! A big bonfire and some fireworks, the kids showed off some talents, then everyone (parents/teachers/students)  got candles and  stood around the fire singing and taking pictures. Afterwards  we all got to play with sparklers.  :smiley:

Oh,  there were boys from Sung ui High School Soccer team  staying at the youth centre on a different floor. Don't know if anyone on this site teaches there, but I thought I'd mention it.

Offline TeresaD

• Veteran
« Reply #777 on: July 15, 2016, 11:38:20 AM »
My morning class was cancelled, so I have a totally free morning! ;D I'm going to use this extra time to make some materials. That means that right now I am colouring! ;D ;D Whoop! Happy Friday!
"In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer" - Albert Camus

Offline toddingumi

• Veteran
« Reply #778 on: July 15, 2016, 11:56:46 AM »
Have had a horrible couple weeks with a bad break-up and cancelling vacation plans,
but this mad me laugh a little so i guess i can post it on this thread.

Offline antmar

• Veteran
« Reply #779 on: July 15, 2016, 11:59:29 AM »
Had a chat with my coT about summer camp supplies; everything on the list is approved by the principal! ^^

Then she told me she had a discussion with the principal about how winter camp will be "impossible" without a budget and that she would refuse to do winter camp without one.  :shocked: Dayummm.

She's worried camp will be boring if we can't buy materials. I don't agree that no budget renders camp impossible, but money definitely spruces things up (and all the better if not out of my pocket, hah). And some of the supplies we're getting for the upcoming camp are things we can use throughout the school year during regular classes too (cause English class has no budget though camp was thrown a bone). Getting a few sets of JENGA!  ;D Which will also be beneficial for my travel schools!

Where did you buy the Jenga!? I would love to have this for my summer camp! :D :huh:

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment