November 24, 2017, 03:30:59 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 198666 times)

Offline Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SHIT MEGATHREAD
« Reply #720 on: July 11, 2016, 09:39:48 AM »
In exactly 6 weeks I'll be on a  plane to Vietnam with no return flight  :afro:
So excited to gtfo  of here

Offline samgakji

• Adventurer
« Reply #721 on: July 11, 2016, 09:44:21 AM »
Watching my coteacher lie about why she won't be attending the bar after the work dinner tonight brings the smiles and the lols. After she gets through her story about "cleaning up an art class" I'm like.. Yea, it's Monday I'll skip the drinks too maybe. I'll see how I feel about it then.

Somehow I will take my sins of honesty and not wanting to drink on a Monday night with Korean 50 year-olds to the cross with me. Let the blood pour out from my veins.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline samgakji

• Adventurer
« Reply #722 on: July 11, 2016, 09:48:57 AM »
Although maybe you'll do other things in 2s today as well..

Flew in from Tokyo this morning after an exciting weekend trip there. Flight was at 2am. I landed at 4am and now I'm getting ready to teach. Mood is great, green tea latte is doing it's job. Hoping I don't crash halfway through a class haha. :)

Just flew in from Tokyo this morning after doing a short weekend trip. Flight was at 2am, got to Korea at 4am. And made teh 3hr commute back to my city. Accomplished a lot in Tokyo this weekend. Will update on how tired I get later haha.  :afro:

Online flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #723 on: July 11, 2016, 09:49:44 AM »
Tried to make ice cream and it just wasn't good...
Was it too messy or did it just not work out well? I'm making ice cream in camp and I'm hoping it will go okay.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #724 on: July 11, 2016, 09:58:28 AM »
Tried to make ice cream and it just wasn't good...
Was it too messy or did it just not work out well? I'm making ice cream in camp and I'm hoping it will go okay.

Patbingsu is easy and fun to make and possibly less messy than ice cream. Make sure you freeze the milk cartons beforehand but also give them a good hour to thaw in the morning before the crushing process.  And make sure the crushing process doesn't become an exploding process.
http://www.waygook.org/index.php?topic=58988.0

Offline Action Jackson

• Super Waygook
« Reply #725 on: July 11, 2016, 10:05:53 AM »
In exactly 6 weeks I'll be on a  plane to Vietnam with no return flight  :afro:
So excited to gtfo  of here
I'll be on a plane in 5 but I'm headed to the Middle East.  I also have a European vacation booked for me and the wife in December, and looking at the early flight prices for a 10 day break I get in April, Istanbul or Greece might also be in the cards.

Offline jcastane89

• Adventurer
« Reply #726 on: July 11, 2016, 10:05:59 AM »
In exactly two months (right around this time of the day), I'll be landing back home!

I can't wait to finally eat a good burger and some legit Mexican food!

Going home for vacation in August and I'm so excited to eat burgers, Mexican, American Chinese, and Southern food!!  ;D

Hope you have a blast back home! My time is up here after 3 years! I'm so stoked to just go back home and have a "normal" social life with my friends and eat all the food I like without having to pay extra money for shitty quality (as it's been the case in Itaewon/Seoul)

Offline gaelynwrites

• Veteran
« Reply #727 on: July 11, 2016, 11:59:59 AM »
Monday is my chillest day, only made easier by spending time between classes setting up a little coin market where my students can earn prizes based on the coins they've been earning when they do their homework and behave in class. I'm excited to see them excited.

Offline battletoasta

• Adventurer
« Reply #728 on: July 11, 2016, 12:05:13 PM »
Less than a month I'm home of summer vacation!

Offline rltraylor59

• Waygookin
« Reply #729 on: July 11, 2016, 12:10:39 PM »
My school FINALLY turned on the air con after much complaining from teachers and students.

And, only two more weeks of classes with my demon 5th graders.  :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
  • 인생 뭐있냐?
« Reply #730 on: July 11, 2016, 12:51:51 PM »
Tests start at my main school tomorrow and afternoon classes cancelled today. Smooth sailing from here on out, boys and girls!  :cheesy:

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #731 on: July 11, 2016, 01:02:47 PM »

You could do some type of stove top fruit crumble. Made a blueberry crumble on the stove top and apple crumble once in class and it turned out pretty tasty with a scoop of ice cream. Pretty easy too.
Or guacamole if you can budget the price for the avocados.
Or a quesadilla on the stove top or grilled cheese (if you can't find tortillas). 

Just some easy options if you're looking for any. :)

Do you have the recipe? I did a cursory search online but would like to know what you used since you've done this [in Korea] already. Particularly for the crumble part.

Online flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #732 on: July 12, 2016, 01:28:22 PM »
My phone charger died last night so I went to the 7/11 across the street to pick up a new one and the really nice employee who is about my age gave me some candy as a gift and that really cheered me up. She's so sweet. Next time I'll buy her a banana milk or something.

Online Mezoti97

• The Legend
« Reply #733 on: July 12, 2016, 01:41:55 PM »
My phone charger died last night so I went to the 7/11 across the street to pick up a new one and the really nice employee who is about my age gave me some candy as a gift and that really cheered me up. She's so sweet. Next time I'll buy her a banana milk or something.

Wow, really -- 7/11 sells phone chargers? Interesting!

Offline TeresaD

• Veteran
« Reply #734 on: July 12, 2016, 02:32:02 PM »
Two of my Grade 3s called me "Angel Teacher" today. That certainly brightened my day!
"In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer" - Albert Camus

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • I'm fine thank you, and you?
« Reply #735 on: July 12, 2016, 02:34:10 PM »
I made this really heartfelt goodbye video for my students and put it on YouTube, and it's been making them cry all week.  I'm really sad to be leaving but am really grateful for the amazing experience I've had here.  It's a sad week, but there's so much love too <3

Online flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #736 on: July 12, 2016, 02:37:56 PM »

Wow, really -- 7/11 sells phone chargers? Interesting!
I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not... I know that wasn't vital to the story but I felt like adding some background info. I was bitter about my charger dying so the nice gesture from the employee was welcomed even more.

On another happy note school elections are coming up this week and the students have been campaigning all week. It's cute watching them walk around with their posters and determination. And the package my mom sent me is waiting for me at the post office. :laugh:
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 02:41:23 PM by chelseajk »

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #737 on: July 12, 2016, 02:58:35 PM »
Last night I went back to the office to work on the summer camp plan. For some reason the teachers were divvying up bags of fried chicken  :laugh: :laugh: That was a pleasant surprise.

Today I returned to my main school and received more free food-- a gimbap and some ice cream. I love my main school  :azn:

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #738 on: July 13, 2016, 08:48:52 AM »
Finally, a break! It actually worked out so that I'm at the schools where there's testing today and tomorrow. So naturally I stayed up way too late doing nothing productive BUT it doesn't matter cause I don't have to teach classes  8)

Feels a little weird because the rest of the office is a flurry of activity. I almost feel bad. Almost.

I could be working on summer camp but then my coT happened by and told me to take a rest. Hahahah there's always tomorrow...

Offline reudibeat

• Veteran
« Reply #739 on: July 13, 2016, 09:49:22 AM »
While dripping sweat walking home yesterday, I had the happiest realization. As I'm leaving Korea in a few weeks, I'll never have to hear the chorus of 추워s in the wintertime ever again.