September 21, 2017, 09:37:58 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 172914 times)

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SHIT MEGATHREAD
« Reply #560 on: June 22, 2016, 05:10:14 PM »
Open class went really well and now coT is finally coming down from her adrenaline rush.

To celebrate, she turned on the A/C.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #561 on: June 22, 2016, 05:32:00 PM »
Bingo was the main activity for one of my classes today and for the squares I had the kids put down the names of all the students in school (we've got a wee population). Thought it might be fun as the topic was "What do you think about ________."

Then one kid drew a name and immediately just lowered his head and refused to make eye contact with anyone. All the other students in class started going "Ohhhhh!!" while he was being uncharacteristically bashful (usually he's the loudest kid in class).

I think I unwittingly discovered who a student is crushing on, lol.  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #562 on: June 22, 2016, 05:32:25 PM »
Open class went really well and now coT is finally coming down from her adrenaline rush.

To celebrate, she turned on the A/C.

Praise.

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #563 on: June 22, 2016, 06:18:07 PM »

:afro: "I made spaghetti for my girlfriend last night."

:huh: :huh: :huh: "You can make spaghetti???"

I've heard that before too.  I don't understand Koreans.  Pasta is like the food people make when they don't feel like cooking.

Offline DLJL

• Super Waygook
« Reply #564 on: June 22, 2016, 06:20:24 PM »

I've heard that before too.  I don't understand Koreans.  Pasta is like the food people make when they don't feel like cooking.

It's literally the same process as making ramen, too. Add hot water. Wait a short time. Done.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #565 on: June 22, 2016, 06:22:08 PM »

I feel like Koreans [that I've met] seem surprised that I can cook at all. Like do they think Americans can't cook or something?? I dunno what it is.

Then I learned the Koreans at school don't really cook much at home. Lol

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #566 on: June 22, 2016, 06:22:22 PM »

Shhhhhhhh! Don't tell them how easy it is! I love that I can boil water and open a can of sauce and be thought of as the next Gordon Ramsay  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #567 on: June 22, 2016, 06:28:16 PM »

Shhhhhhhh! Don't tell them how easy it is! I love that I can boil water and open a can of sauce and be thought of as the next Gordon Ramsay  :laugh: :laugh:

IT'S RRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA면.
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #568 on: June 22, 2016, 06:40:34 PM »

Do you curse frequently as well? :laugh:

Speaking of Gordon Ramsay, though, I've been on a youtube-binge of his videos and I may or may not attempt some of the more simple dishes. The ones that don't require an oven, of course.

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #569 on: June 22, 2016, 06:46:36 PM »

Speaking of Gordon Ramsay, though, I've been on a youtube-binge of his videos and I may or may not attempt some of the more simple dishes. The ones that don't require an oven, of course.

Actually, yeah. I used to work as a cook back in Canada and cursing like a drunken sailor on leave is kinda par for the course.

Side note: I've been teaching my Korean gf some english swear words and she loves it.  Nothing cuter than f-bombs pouring out of a tiny Korean girl IMO  ;D

Funny thing is if I swear in Korean she'll get real serious and lecture me about how rude it is.  :huh:

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #570 on: June 22, 2016, 06:49:47 PM »

Actually, yeah. I used to work as a cook back in Canada and cursing like a drunken sailor on leave is kinda par for the course.

Side note: I've been teaching my Korean gf some english swear words and she loves it.  Nothing cuter than f-bombs pouring out of a tiny Korean girl IMO  ;D

Funny thing is if I swear in Korean she'll get real serious and lecture me about how rude it is.  :huh:

Ahahahaha I feel like Koreans think that swearing in English is not that serious. They kind of treat it like a joke and for some reason it annoys me to no end, especially when they don't even use it properly. For examples, "What the shit?!" or "Oh, my fuck!" :rolleyes:

But this is the happy thread: I love swearing.

Edit: By the way, that comment had nothing to do with your girlfriend haha I had some other people in mind lolol

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #571 on: June 22, 2016, 06:53:30 PM »

Ahahahaha I feel like Koreans think that swearing in English is not that serious. They kind of treat it like a joke and for some reason it annoys me to no end, especially when they don't even use it properly. For examples, "What the shit?!" or "Oh, my fuck!" :rolleyes:

Edit: By the way, that comment had nothing to do with your girlfriend haha I had some other people in mind lolol

One time one of my 4th graders was wearing a shirt that said "Commes des f*ck down"
There was no asterisk  :lipsrsealed:

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #572 on: June 22, 2016, 06:56:06 PM »

One time one of my 4th graders was wearing a shirt that said "Commes des f*ck down"

LOL the guy who does my hair wore that shirt...

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #573 on: June 22, 2016, 07:02:03 PM »

LOL the guy who does my hair wore that shirt...

Yeah swearing is one of those things that needs to be executed perfectly or else it just loses it's punch.

As for comme des fuckdown, it's a pretty popular brand and I've seen a lot of people wearing it here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/comme-des-fuckdown

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #574 on: June 22, 2016, 09:16:22 PM »
Today my coT asked about my window screens and if they were keeping the bugs out. I told her that crickets get into the bathroom (I often leave the window open for ventilation) but I don't really mind them. There have been ant invasions recently though, which I do mind. I think they started coming inside when the new door lock was getting installed...

My coT then told me that the school would give me bug spray!! I've been meaning to go to the store to look for bug spray or some equivalent repellent myself, but this works!  8)

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • I'm fine thank you, and you?
« Reply #575 on: June 23, 2016, 03:06:33 PM »

Lol someone in a thread tried to scold me for wearing on this site a month or two ago.  I was like "FUCK OFF IMMA SAY WHAT I WANT; NO RULES ABOUT SWEARING MUWAHAHAHAHA!" :evil: :evil: :evil:

Kids swearing irritates me as well, though.  Fortunately my high schoolers seem to swear equally in Korean and English and apologize for both if a teacher catches them.  My elementary 6th graders thought it was "cool" and funny though, and my KETs at those schools never really reprimanded them.  I had to do the discipline there.  They stopped doing it in my class but I often heard them doing it in others and in the halls. :rolleyes:

Offline HabsFanInKorea

• Veteran
« Reply #576 on: June 23, 2016, 03:52:12 PM »
I've been having a pretty shitty day today and feeling kind of down but then I had a 3rd grade middle school student come up to me after class and he told me he had a lot of fun in class today.  I's nice to get feedback like that from students.  I feel much better now.

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • I'm fine thank you, and you?
« Reply #577 on: June 23, 2016, 03:59:27 PM »
I've been having a pretty shitty day today and feeling kind of down but then I had a 3rd grade middle school student come up to me after class and he told me he had a lot of fun in class today.  I's nice to get feedback like that from students.  I feel much better now.

My kids have learned how to use general greetings like a native speaker, and they're constantly throwing them at me in the halls and striking out quick "small talk" conversations.  It makes me feel so good that not only do they enjoy interacting with me, but THEY'RE ACTUALLY APPLYING THE THINGS WE'VE LEARNED TO REAL-LIFE SITUATIONS OUTSIDE OF THE CLASSROOM?!?  WHAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?! :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

How very un-Korean of them. :laugh:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 04:01:17 PM by nomadicmadda »

Offline devsterl

• Super Waygook
« Reply #578 on: June 23, 2016, 04:50:55 PM »
My grade 3's really enjoyed their activity today. Maybe a bit TOO much. Sounded like students were being murdered in my classroom. One child was practically frothing at the mouth from all the excitement  :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #579 on: June 23, 2016, 05:09:54 PM »
My grade 3's really enjoyed their activity today. Maybe a bit TOO much. Sounded like students were being murdered in my classroom. One child was practically frothing at the mouth from all the excitement  :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

I feel like I shouldn't find this as funny as I do...  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment