November 19, 2017, 01:46:17 AM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 195473 times)

Offline Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SHIT MEGATHREAD
« Reply #500 on: June 09, 2016, 02:26:42 PM »
(quote)

To nomadicmadda: It has been decided. We will stalk krissyboo.

Also, I literally hate dicks. Like, not the asshole type of dick (although I hate those too) but literally dicks. I'm going to sound so immature, but they really freak me out for some reason. Thank the stars I haven't gotten any dick pics.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Do you not swing that way?  Or...if you do, how do you handle them in the bedroom then?  :huh:

I definitely swing that way but I don't like when theirs start swinging, I suppose. And to answer your other question... it's usually dark. I don't look. :laugh:

I get you yirga. In the bedroom is fine, because you're expecting to see one. Surprise dicks are the worst. Open a pic, it's a dick? Disgusting. Turn a corner, see a dick? Terrifying.
:laugh: :laugh: this entire thread is hilarious. I agree though, unexpected dicks are the worst

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #501 on: June 09, 2016, 02:28:19 PM »
I'm so glad no one in this office can read English well.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #502 on: June 09, 2016, 02:34:01 PM »
(quote)

Also, I literally hate dicks. Like, not the asshole type of dick (although I hate those too) but literally dicks. I'm going to sound so immature, but they really freak me out for some reason. Thank the stars I haven't gotten any dick pics.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Do you not swing that way?  Or...if you do, how do you handle them in the bedroom then?  :huh:

I definitely swing that way but I don't like when theirs start swinging, I suppose. And to answer your other question... it's usually dark. I don't look. :laugh:

I get you yirga. In the bedroom is fine, because you're expecting to see one. Surprise dicks are the worst. Open a pic, it's a dick? Disgusting. Turn a corner, see a dick? Terrifying.
:laugh: :laugh: this entire thread is hilarious. I agree though, unexpected dicks are the worst
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: reudibeat's comment had me in stitches.

Also my stupid computer won't let me insert additional quotes, so...

Chinguetti: I just hate dicks. Lol. Although going off of what reudibeat said, I think unexpected dick would make me go into cardiac arrest.

krissyboo: You just need to show up to the date and we'll take care of the spying. :laugh:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #503 on: June 09, 2016, 02:52:36 PM »
Thursdays are always good days because I get to see my travel middle school and one of my favorite classes (love my grade 2s!).

All my classes are typically in the morning so after lunch I usually have free time until I can catch a bus back to my main school. The music teacher is super nice and has told me I can unlock the music room anytime I want  8)

Went there after lunch today to play around and then students slowly trickled in, some to practice and some to just hang out. Ended up being the noisiest cacophony of pianos, drums, guitars, and violin but it was an absolute blast!  :azn: I wish I saw them more often! Always bums me out if classes get canceled.

Offline reudibeat

• Veteran
« Reply #504 on: June 09, 2016, 03:22:19 PM »
(quote)

Chinguetti: I just hate dicks. Lol. Although going off of what reudibeat said, I think unexpected dick would make me go into cardiac arrest.

krissyboo: You just need to show up to the date and we'll take care of the spying. :laugh:

Krissyboo, I hope you see the EXACT number of dicks you want to this weekend.

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #505 on: June 09, 2016, 03:29:39 PM »
Pardon the interruption ladies, unexpected dick here!  :laugh:

I usually dread my last class on Thursdays cause it's 7th period and everyone's tired but today turned into an impromptu beatbox session/competition with the 2nd grade boys. These guys were seriously good. Co-teach and I were both amazed. Who knew the little hell-raisers were so talented? haha

Most fun I've had in class in a long time  ;D

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #506 on: June 09, 2016, 03:46:22 PM »
(quote)

yirgacheffe: what would happen if you met a rare someone with diphallia? People generally expect one D so how horrific of a shock would two be?

Offline Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #507 on: June 09, 2016, 03:49:42 PM »
Pardon the interruption ladies, unexpected dick here!  :laugh:

I usually dread my last class on Thursdays cause it's 7th period and everyone's tired but today turned into an impromptu beatbox session/competition with the 2nd grade boys. These guys were seriously good. Co-teach and I were both amazed. Who knew the little hell-raisers were so talented? haha

Most fun I've had in class in a long time  ;D

I love seeing my kids showing off their talents outside of my lessons. Some of my 5th graders are in a band and they performed at the school talent show, they were AMAZING. Made me feel so proud

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • I'm fine thank you, and you?
« Reply #508 on: June 09, 2016, 08:11:51 PM »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
The kind of well-wishing we all need!

@yirgacheffe Have you seen when a dude has a boner and he can twitch it around yet?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
This thread has me in tears omg...

Also, my good news of the night is my friend finally convinced bribed me into going to Seoul over the weekend with a free Saturday UMF ticket and lodging in one of those sweet-ass orgy penthouse party rooms Koreans like to rent...
...Gonna be a hell of a weekend.  Slightly terrified  :huh:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #509 on: June 10, 2016, 01:59:59 PM »
Was sitting at my desk when I heard a strange noise. Turned around and the science teacher had this hilarious face of regret mingled with a bit of shock and disgust. Then I saw the bag of wasabi cashews in his hand.  :laugh:

The PE teacher then looked over to see what the commotion was about-- despite his refusal, the science teacher insisted on making the PE teacher suffer as well. An equally funny face was made and I just laughed at the both of them.  :laugh: :laugh:

Fridays are always pretty chill. I supervise a PE class for 2 hours (middle school) and it's always fun listening to them scream at each other in Korean, hahahah

Offline jomi

• Veteran
« Reply #510 on: June 10, 2016, 07:03:13 PM »
I have finished all of my little cooking tasks. I now have a fresh sourdough loaf out of my rice cooker (lmao) and homemade hummus (also nut milk and I'm making nut 'cheese' out of the pulp). I feel very accomplished and can now just chill all weekend~

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #511 on: June 13, 2016, 07:49:41 AM »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
The kind of well-wishing we all need!

@yirgacheffe Have you seen when a dude has a boner and he can twitch it around yet?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
This thread has me in tears omg...

Also, my good news of the night is my friend finally convinced bribed me into going to Seoul over the weekend with a free Saturday UMF ticket and lodging in one of those sweet-ass orgy penthouse party rooms Koreans like to rent...
...Gonna be a hell of a weekend.  Slightly terrified  :huh:
Please refer to ranting thread :/

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #512 on: June 13, 2016, 08:01:03 AM »
Had the most ridiculous weekend in Seoul.  Went to Ultra (was awesome) saw Knife Party (slightly miffed by their performance, but still good) and Axwell and Ingrosso (also awesome) from the very front, miraculously found my Swedish friends in a crowd of thousands, rented a massive penthouse hotel with my Korean friends that had a 12 person hot tub and a roof that opened, and basically had an insane weekend.  Managed to do it all without being hungover the next morning both days and felt great.

...Probably good on partying for the next 6 months now, though :laugh:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #513 on: June 13, 2016, 08:03:00 AM »
Had the most ridiculous weekend in Seoul.  Went to Ultra (was awesome) saw Knife Party (slightly miffed by their performance, but still good) and Axwell and Ingrosso (also awesome) from the very front, miraculously found my Swedish friends in a crowd of thousands, rented a massive penthouse hotel with my Korean friends that had a 12 person hot tub and a roof that opened, and basically had an insane weekend.  Managed to do it all without being hungover the next morning both days and felt great.

What happened with Knife Party?

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #514 on: June 13, 2016, 11:23:46 AM »
Still can't run or jump, but I can at least walk sort of normally now, and it no longer hurts to cross my legs -- still uncomfortable as hell, but not painful. PROGRESS

Offline chrislis90

• Adventurer
« Reply #515 on: June 13, 2016, 11:37:27 AM »
My middle school has over 600 students. I was worried about this last open lesson as they took out the top 10 students from the class and was told a lot of parents tend to come. We didn't have 1 visitor, but I'm more happy about the rest of the class doing really well in the absence of the stronger students.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #516 on: June 13, 2016, 12:24:57 PM »
Today I saw my grade 6's thoroughly washing their hands in the lunch room! I'm talking with soap, sudsy, and for well over 30 seconds, probably a minute! Longer than I wash my own hands; I was staring in awe, wondering when they would stop. Simply stunning  :afro: :afro:

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #517 on: June 13, 2016, 12:45:08 PM »
Went to Ultra on Saturday and had so much fun! I've never been to an EDM festival before so just being there and enjoying the music with thousands of other people was so great. I think I'll go for all 3 days next year.  :laugh:

The school is having dinner for the parents tomorrow and I assumed that I was going, but one of the teachers who is organizing it said that I don't have to go.  8)

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #518 on: June 13, 2016, 01:04:19 PM »

Their whole set seemed very uncharacteristic of who (I thought) they were.  We got into the mainstage area right at 8:30 when they'd already started, and I actually thought the previous artist was still finishing up for the first 20min of their set :huh:  It took actually seeing Rob Swire and Gareth McGrillen via the video screen for me to realize it was them.  I have/have heard all of their music from Abandon Ship (end of 2014) and earlier, so I was really surprised they weren't playing a single thing I recognized.

I legitimately didn't know wtf they were playing, and there was only about 10min of music I did know towards the end.  Now they did put out an album 6 months ago (Trigger Warning)and I haven't listened to it yet to know if that's what they were playing at the show, but there's no way that EP is long enough to last a whole two hour set.  Not sure if they changed and remixed stuff to fit what they thought was a more "Korean" demographic (what, shitty electro house??) or what, but I was kind of disappointed.  It honestly felt boring and didn't have any of the grit or grime or energy their previous work does... :sad:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #519 on: June 13, 2016, 01:17:44 PM »

Their whole set seemed very uncharacteristic of who (I thought) they were.  We got into the mainstage area right at 8:30 when they'd already started, and I actually thought the previous artist was still finishing up for the first 20min of their set :huh:  It took actually seeing Rob Swire and Gareth McGrillen via the video screen for me to realize it was them.  I have/have heard all of their music from Abandon Ship (end of 2014) and earlier, so I was really surprised they weren't playing a single thing I recognized.

I legitimately didn't know wtf they were playing, and there was only about 10min of music I did know towards the end.  Now they did put out an album 6 months ago (Trigger Warning)and I haven't listened to it yet to know if that's what they were playing at the show, but there's no way that EP is long enough to last a whole two hour set.  Not sure if they changed and remixed stuff to fit what they thought was a more "Korean" demographic (what, shitty electro house??) or what, but I was kind of disappointed.  It honestly felt boring and didn't have any of the grit or grime or energy their previous work does... :sad:

Oof, glad I didn't blow money to go there then. Deadmau5 was playing a second stage but I saw him at Rogers Centre years ago with his massive set. Too much money for 2 days that I might have enjoyed.

There's an EDM fest in Chuncheon Aug 19-20. Baauer, Madeon, Nero and Zomboy are all there and it's 99 000W. Gonna be tight.