September 20, 2017, 08:04:49 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 172279 times)

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SHIT MEGATHREAD
« Reply #480 on: June 09, 2016, 01:17:56 PM »
Yasssssss, two days in a row now the students have made pizza in home ec class or something and brought it to the teachers room to share!

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #481 on: June 09, 2016, 01:33:40 PM »
I'm having my first date (I think its a date anyway  :wink:)  since I broke up with my bf a few months back and I'm super pumped...I hope nothing goes wrong! Spending the day in Busan at the beach and soju/samgyupsal for dinner! Super pumped! Wish me luck folks!  :-*

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • I'm fine thank you, and you?
« Reply #482 on: June 09, 2016, 01:53:59 PM »
I'm having my first date (I think its a date anyway  :wink:)  since I broke up with my bf a few months back and I'm super pumped...I hope nothing goes wrong! Spending the day in Busan at the beach and soju/samgyupsal for dinner! Super pumped! Wish me luck folks!  :-*

Oooooh come back and dish later :wink:

I can't wait to move to Seoul.  Then I can finally go on a date and like, see the person again with in a week or two.

...Instead of meeting someone and being like, "Well, that was lovely.....see you in 3 months, lol." :evil:

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #483 on: June 09, 2016, 02:15:06 PM »
Yasssssss, two days in a row now the students have made pizza in home ec class or something and brought it to the teachers room to share!

Completely random but at my school we sometimes have student teachers who come and teach for a week or two and one of them actually pronounced it like that.

ST: Where can you go to fig up* your lost items?
S: Lost and found!
ST: Yaas, good job!
Me: (holding in laughter)

*This is how she actually pronounced "pick up." :huh:

Congrats!! I second nomadicmadda; let us know how the date goes! :-*

Gasian

« Reply #484 on: June 09, 2016, 02:18:54 PM »
After what has seemed like an eternity of being told I am a crap teacher, my grade 5 public school teacher just told me that she never wants me to use the book again, because the students learn so much more in my "free zone" lessons (lessons they throw at me when I only have half a class or only teach two of the three classes etc....). Which is AWESOME because I can link it to the target language but am completely free to make my class as enjoyable for myself as I can (I mean enjoyable for the students of course). I have grasped a tiny bit of self esteem back into my little worn out hands...

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #485 on: June 09, 2016, 02:42:43 PM »

Oooooh come back and dish later :wink:

I can't wait to move to Seoul.  Then I can finally go on a date and like, see the person again with in a week or two.

...Instead of meeting someone and being like, "Well, that was lovely.....see you in 3 months, lol." :evil:

LOL will do. This dude I met via social media (risky I know) and he also lives quite far away form me. We had to plan this date about a month ago due to our schedules. Heres hoping it goes well.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #486 on: June 09, 2016, 02:49:28 PM »
Let's make odds and place bets on the thread she'll use.

1) Ranting/Venting Megathread
2) Raving/Happy Shit Megathread
3) A thread for pointless Friday Ramblings
4) Please talk some sense into me. I want to go home.
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #487 on: June 09, 2016, 02:49:58 PM »
LOL will do. This dude I met via social media (risky I know) and he also lives quite far away form me. We had to plan this date about a month ago due to our schedules. Heres hoping it goes well.

Pffft I meet guys off of Tinder and dating apps all the time.  That's how I've met most of my dates, actually.  Tinder here isn't used for hookups like it is in the west.  I've met a lot of people just looking for friends, to practice English, to get a serious girlfriend, or to have a local tour guide if they're a tourist in Korea.  The number of dudes on it using it for hookups alone have been pretty rare for me :huh:

Just meet somewhere public and during the daytime.  I usually do lunch or coffee and always offer to pay for my own meal.  I don't like guys feeling like they're buying my time, so I only let someone treat me/take me out for dinner/in the evening if I already like them and know them from at least one date before.  That's just personal preference though.

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #488 on: June 09, 2016, 02:51:30 PM »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Need more details to make that call. 
Foreign or Korean? 
What social media app did OP meet him on?
[And we already know they're hanging at the beach for the day and doing dinner.]

Edit: I actually would love a thread for this, where there's a formula you pre-fill out on the above and then people make bets :laugh:  Guys and girls!

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #489 on: June 09, 2016, 04:42:34 PM »

Foreign or Korean? 

[And we already know they're hanging at the beach for the day and doing dinner.]

Edit: I actually would love a thread for this, where there's a formula you pre-fill out on the above and then people make bets :laugh:  Guys and girls!
Shall let you know on Monday ;)

Actually I met him via Instragram :-[...not exactly a dating site but he DM'ed me on Insta and I just went with it? He is Korean! We are meeting in a public place and I'm not super worried about that.

You guys are so curious lol Am I going to have a bunch of spies on my date? You have a few beaches to choose from  :P   Ladies you may send me a message if you wanna know more deets :P

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #490 on: June 09, 2016, 04:51:35 PM »

Foreign or Korean? 

Actually I met him via Instragram :-[...not exactly a dating site but he DM'ed me on Insta and I just went with it? He is Korean! We are meeting in a public place and I'm not super worried about that.

You guys are so curious lol Am I going to have a bunch of spies on my date? You have a few beaches to choose from  :P   Ladies you may send me a message if you wanna know more deets :P

We'll be the group sitting right behind you.

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #491 on: June 09, 2016, 04:56:21 PM »

Foreign or Korean? 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Okay great lol Hold up a banner or something would ya? Waygook.org or a picture of a seal or something  :wink:

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #492 on: June 09, 2016, 04:56:37 PM »

Foreign or Korean? 

DUDE what is with Korean guys and using Insta to meet chicks!? :laugh:  I mean, I'm not complaining but I've had that too!  Never had that back in the States...guys would just like, DM dick pics or something  :P

You're in luck; I'm in Seoul or Gwangju this weekend, not Busan :laugh: :laugh:

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #493 on: June 09, 2016, 05:01:07 PM »

Foreign or Korean? 

DUDE what is with Korean guys and using Insta to meet chicks!? :laugh:  I mean, I'm not complaining but I've had that too!  Never had that back in the States...guys would just like, DM dick pics or something  :P

I haven't gotten any dick pics...yet.... I swear though, its the new tinder. At least you get an idea of what they are into based on their posts?

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #494 on: June 09, 2016, 05:04:08 PM »
I haven't gotten any dick pics...yet.... I swear though, its the new tinder. At least you get an idea of what they are into based on their posts?

Oh, foreign dudes have sent them in the past, when I lived in the USA.  I've never gotten one in Korea.  On Instagram.

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #495 on: June 09, 2016, 05:08:19 PM »

Oh, foreign dudes have sent them in the past, when I lived in the USA.  I've never gotten one in Korea.  On Instagram.
Ew though

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #496 on: June 09, 2016, 05:11:46 PM »

Foreign or Korean? 

To nomadicmadda: It has been decided. We will stalk krissyboo.

Also, I literally hate dicks. Like, not the asshole type of dick (although I hate those too) but literally dicks. I'm going to sound so immature, but they really freak me out for some reason. Thank the stars I haven't gotten any dick pics.

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #497 on: June 09, 2016, 05:16:00 PM »

Foreign or Korean? 

Also, I literally hate dicks. Like, not the asshole type of dick (although I hate those too) but literally dicks. I'm going to sound so immature, but they really freak me out for some reason. Thank the stars I haven't gotten any dick pics.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Do you not swing that way?  Or...if you do, how do you handle them in the bedroom then?  :huh:

Offline Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #498 on: June 09, 2016, 05:17:59 PM »
Hahahaha yirgacheffe's 'I literally hate dicks' has made my day  :laugh:

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #499 on: June 09, 2016, 05:18:54 PM »
(quote)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Do you not swing that way?  Or...if you do, how do you handle them in the bedroom then?  :huh:

I definitely swing that way but I don't like when theirs start swinging, I suppose. And to answer your other question... it's usually dark. I don't look. :laugh:

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment