November 19, 2017, 01:46:31 AM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 195475 times)

Offline antmar

• Veteran
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SHIT MEGATHREAD
« Reply #460 on: June 01, 2016, 02:10:42 PM »
Finally hot enough for BINGSU. You can find me at Solbing every other day.  :afro: :afro: :afro:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 03:31:36 PM by antmar »

Offline gaelynwrites

• Veteran
« Reply #461 on: June 01, 2016, 02:14:44 PM »
A couple of my 5th grade girls are comfortable enough around me to try to scare me and give me sweets. All of my students are starting to warm up but those few who go that extra distance make me all warm and fuzzy.

Offline twinsaurus

• Adventurer
« Reply #462 on: June 01, 2016, 03:29:30 PM »
Got a sweet job in Busan, right by the ocean. Moving to the beach, baby!

Offline TeresaD

• Veteran
« Reply #463 on: June 01, 2016, 08:55:15 PM »
Finally hot enough for BINGSU. You can find me at Solbing every other day.  :afro: :afro: :afro:

Yes! My husband and I went for Bingsu Friday date nights last year and it's finally time for them again  ;D ;D ;D
"In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer" - Albert Camus

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #464 on: June 02, 2016, 04:23:02 PM »
Finally got to see my travel middle school grade 2's for the first time in about 3 weeks! (classes were canceled twice due to field trips and my grade 2's were being used for an open class another time) My grade 2's are my favorites.

They were a blast as usual. This class is like the perfect size; not too many and not too few, so the energy overall is great. And they're just eager to please. Today's main activity was Go Fish! adapted for the lesson and the kids got really into it! As class time neared its end, they were asking me "Teacher! 5 more minutes, please!" because they wanted to play more   ;D ;D

Also, the other day with my main middle grade 2's, our lesson was "What do you think about...?" and I included pics of some K-pop stars. One was of CL and when her slide came up, one student got suddenly bashful in the face so naturally I called on him to answer the question  :evil: His response? "I think she's... sexy."  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline tabitha53

• Adventurer
« Reply #465 on: June 02, 2016, 06:26:31 PM »
E2 Visa approved after all the faffing about (p.s: a release letter can be accepted as a printed photo of the letter (not the actual letter))
Gosh Korea.  :shocked:

Offline HabsFanInKorea

• Veteran
« Reply #466 on: June 03, 2016, 08:30:50 AM »
Yesterday's open class was a success.  I just finished my first and only class of the day.  This weekend is a long weekend.

Today is a good day!

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #467 on: June 03, 2016, 08:59:16 AM »
I had both naengmyun and bingsu last night! And it felt great.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #468 on: June 03, 2016, 09:12:37 AM »
Monday holiday and travel school classes canceled Tuesday... Nice  8)

Offline Mister Tim

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #469 on: June 03, 2016, 09:25:48 AM »
My cranky ass when my middle school 3rd grade girls say "Thank you, Mr. Tim!" at the end of class:

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #470 on: June 03, 2016, 09:49:42 AM »
I found out I will be getting paid overtime for the camp I did last week and this week!  ;D
I was worried because payment previously hadn't been mentioned.

Though the conversation went like this:

CT: Sign here.
Me: Why
CT: *laughter*
Me: ..what is it
CT: *explains how I will get paid overtime*
Me: Oh.  Can I sign anywhere?
CT: Yes
Me: *signs top of paper*
CT: *Laughter* Sign on the line! *points*

Sigh.  That overtime tho.

Offline gaelynwrites

• Veteran
« Reply #471 on: June 08, 2016, 11:39:28 AM »
2 of my 3 classes today were canceled/rescheduled. My one remaining class was a simple intro to the new vocabulary. I happy because this means my poor sore throat (thanks weather/cough) can rest up for my kindergarten class.

Offline sunflowerxoxo

• Adventurer
« Reply #472 on: June 08, 2016, 01:12:31 PM »
We were playing a game in my 6th grade class involving rps to move to the next level. If you lose you have to find someone at your level to move on. One of my 6th grade girls was stuck at a level and she came over to me. So we begin a round of rps. For a good 30 seconds we were pulling the same thing which started the laughter and then for the next minute or so I beat her at EVERY round. It was so funny and frustrating that we burst into laughter and couldn't stop--kneeled over, holding our stomachs, gasping for air type laughter. Then everyone else in the class saw what was happening and burst into laughter as well. A great way to end the day.

Online Aristocrat

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #473 on: June 08, 2016, 01:31:10 PM »
One of the 6th grade boys kept throwing bits of eraser around class, while I was teaching. After a warning, I caught him doing it again and was waiting for the opportunity to use this punishment method; I told him to pick up a scrap piece of paper and stand at the back of the classroom. I then told him to throw the paper to the other opposite back corner of the classroom. He, along with my CT and the other students were visibly confused, but he threw it. I then told him to pick it up, bring it back to where he threw it from and throw it again... Rinse and repeat. Very soon, the class and even my CT started laughing at the ridiculous spectacle.

I went back to teaching and left him there to work on his aim, for the next 20min.

There are times when being a teacher is pretty fun.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #474 on: June 08, 2016, 07:59:14 PM »
Coworker is getting a kitten soon. She had pics and it's adorable! I'm so excited to meet it!!

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • I'm fine thank you, and you?
« Reply #475 on: June 08, 2016, 10:25:32 PM »
My cranky ass when my middle school 3rd grade girls say "Thank you, Mr. Tim!" at the end of class:

This is me walking in to my class of low-level 1st years.  There's this boy that just has all the compliments, and he cracks me up.  Last week I was given the imaginary title of "Queen Elizabeth of Turkey" (???) and this week I'm "so simple beautiful, new fresh spring" and my male KET "is luxury" because he wore a suit for the parents' visiting day :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline VanIslander

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Expert Waygook
  • Lovin' the southernmost islands
« Reply #476 on: June 09, 2016, 02:28:53 AM »
I haven't taught Let's Go in years! I teach science, history, social studies, art history, math and even debate and economics. I am jacked to be at a high-level academy that is SPLIT into levels and since I've been teaching at this hagwon since '09 and prepare an hour a day (waaaaay more than the average teacher here) I teach only the highest level students. Teaching in SK can be hell but it can also be heaven. Photosynthesis, soil erosion, budgeting, Greek architecture, the water cycle, Aesop's fables and the geography of the U.S. southwest are the topics of lessons I've prepared around textbook material I'm teaching this week. I'm pumped! I never thought I'd be personally be so ENGAGED in teaching overseas when I left my newspaper journalism career for a "short jaunt" overseas that hasn't ended and doesn't seem poised to end any time soon.

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #477 on: June 09, 2016, 10:17:56 AM »
Yasssssss, two days in a row now the students have made pizza in home ec class or something and brought it to the teachers room to share!

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #478 on: June 09, 2016, 10:33:40 AM »
I'm having my first date (I think its a date anyway  :wink:)  since I broke up with my bf a few months back and I'm super pumped...I hope nothing goes wrong! Spending the day in Busan at the beach and soju/samgyupsal for dinner! Super pumped! Wish me luck folks!  :-*

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • I'm fine thank you, and you?
« Reply #479 on: June 09, 2016, 10:53:59 AM »
I'm having my first date (I think its a date anyway  :wink:)  since I broke up with my bf a few months back and I'm super pumped...I hope nothing goes wrong! Spending the day in Busan at the beach and soju/samgyupsal for dinner! Super pumped! Wish me luck folks!  :-*

Oooooh come back and dish later :wink:

I can't wait to move to Seoul.  Then I can finally go on a date and like, see the person again with in a week or two.

...Instead of meeting someone and being like, "Well, that was lovely.....see you in 3 months, lol." :evil: