November 24, 2017, 03:24:25 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 198662 times)

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SHIT MEGATHREAD
« Reply #360 on: May 17, 2016, 09:59:35 AM »
One of my kids asked me if the unicorn was on crack.

I couldn't be more proud.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Amazing  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline TeresaD

• Veteran
« Reply #361 on: May 17, 2016, 11:20:06 AM »
So I didn't know if this was a rant or a rave so I decided to put this here because it ended on a good note.

Yesterday after school I went on my usual running route. This was only my 3rd time running and I had already discovered a route I like that involves passing by the downtown police station. Well I started to get a bit impatient this time with the waiting time so I pushed the crosswalk button. Once the light changed I started to run again and within minutes 4 cops flew past me and I got to wonder why. It was then that I realized I had pressed an police emergency response button. Whoops. I just kept on running hoping that nothing would happen. But man was that one nerve racking run. I decided to run past the police station just to see if they would do anything or even notice that it was I that had pushed the button. I did it and nothing happened. Guess it's safe to say I'm okay.  :afro:

:laugh: :laugh: My husband almost pressed what I suspect was a panic button the other day. I practically shouted, "Don't!" because I had a feeling it wasn't the crosswalk button (even though I didn't know what it was). Glad he didn't press it because we were strolling, not running!

That is so hilarious, I have tears in my eyes. Thanks for sharing your awkward mistake ;D
"In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer" - Albert Camus

Zealot_Hill

« Reply #362 on: May 17, 2016, 11:23:27 AM »
So I didn't know if this was a rant or a rave so I decided to put this here because it ended on a good note.

Yesterday after school I went on my usual running route. This was only my 3rd time running and I had already discovered a route I like that involves passing by the downtown police station. Well I started to get a bit impatient this time with the waiting time so I pushed the crosswalk button. Once the light changed I started to run again and within minutes 4 cops flew past me and I got to wonder why. It was then that I realized I had pressed an police emergency response button. Whoops. I just kept on running hoping that nothing would happen. But man was that one nerve racking run. I decided to run past the police station just to see if they would do anything or even notice that it was I that had pushed the button. I did it and nothing happened. Guess it's safe to say I'm okay.  :afro:

:laugh: :laugh: My husband almost pressed what I suspect was a panic button the other day. I practically shouted, "Don't!" because I had a feeling it wasn't the crosswalk button (even though I didn't know what it was). Glad he didn't press it because we were strolling, not running!

That is so hilarious, I have tears in my eyes. Thanks for sharing your awkward mistake ;D

Oh gosh, I did almost do that didn't I... That would've been terrible  :laugh:
Label these things in English as well, come now, you gotta think that's a good idea. Just one word "emergency" understood by almost everyone who can read the roman alphabet, English or otherwise.  :undecided:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #363 on: May 17, 2016, 11:52:44 AM »
There's 6 grade 2 girls (whom I don't teach) that are in my class and they are all giggling and Gai-Bai-Boing each other. The loser has to come say "Hello" to me. Theyre on round 7.

Too cute.

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • I'm fine thank you, and you?
« Reply #364 on: May 17, 2016, 12:33:02 PM »
My students crack me up.  They're designing restaurant menus right now, and I came to check on a table doing a really expensive steak restaurant.  They have food ranging between $50 and $150, but then this one side dish for $0.10 labeled "bread for 장발장"

장발장 is Jean Valjean.  From Les Mis.  They said it's "bread for poor people so they can still eat at the restaurant" omfg  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #365 on: May 17, 2016, 01:38:11 PM »
I was included in the teacher appreciation video the students made.  How nice to be remembered especially since this is my travel school  ;D

Offline TeresaD

• Veteran
« Reply #366 on: May 17, 2016, 02:21:56 PM »
My students crack me up.  They're designing restaurant menus right now, and I came to check on a table doing a really expensive steak restaurant.  They have food ranging between $50 and $150, but then this one side dish for $0.10 labeled "bread for 장발장"

장발장 is Jean Valjean.  From Les Mis.  They said it's "bread for poor people so they can still eat at the restaurant" omfg  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That is actually really sweet. And clever. Your students are pretty bright. I'd have been mighty impressed with them myself  :laugh: :laugh:
"In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer" - Albert Camus

Offline TeresaD

• Veteran
« Reply #367 on: May 17, 2016, 02:24:17 PM »

Label these things in English as well, come now, you gotta think that's a good idea. Just one word "emergency" understood by almost everyone who can read the roman alphabet, English or otherwise.  :undecided:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Yes, I would have died of embarrassment  :wink:

Yeah, I think the button was yellow. Like, at least make it red which is more immediately associated with emergencies  :laugh:

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • I'm fine thank you, and you?
« Reply #368 on: May 17, 2016, 02:30:37 PM »
I asked another student if he has an eraser, and the same kid goes, "Hey teacher, here is laser!  Pew pew!" as he mimes laser beams coming from his eyes and attacking the error on the other student's paper.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline TeresaD

• Veteran
« Reply #369 on: May 17, 2016, 02:34:39 PM »

That is actually really sweet. And clever. Your students are pretty bright. I'd have been mighty impressed with them myself  :laugh: :laugh:

Omfg I can't with them today hahahahahahahahaha.  The next class a boy pulled this one on me when we were practicing "Whaddaya doin' today?"

:laugh: No joke, I looove that dog ;D

Offline Action Jackson

• Super Waygook
« Reply #370 on: May 17, 2016, 05:12:30 PM »
I just got home from Jeju and my happiness comes from the fact that I'm no longer subjected to my wife's driving.  She is amazing in so many ways but how she ever passed a driving test I'll never know.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #371 on: May 19, 2016, 07:57:50 AM »
Just got some free art supplies because someone left them in our office a few days ago and no one knew who it belonged to.

Them: Here. These are yours.

Me: ... what? No, they're not.

Them: They are now.

Yes, gimme all the free shit.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 07:59:37 AM by Chinguetti »

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #372 on: May 19, 2016, 08:02:39 AM »
Today is sports day (NO CLASS!!!) but, even better, the special education teacher (who is so so nice to me and I love to bits) just brought me a beautiful sandwich, a huge selection of fruit, and coffee. I am so touched.

Offline antmar

• Veteran
« Reply #373 on: May 19, 2016, 08:11:34 AM »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Yes, I would have died of embarrassment  :wink:

Yeah, I think the button was yellow. Like, at least make it red which is more immediately associated with emergencies  :laugh:

Seriously! They really need to label these buttons differently. I went back to check all the details on the button and it looks inconspicuous! They need to change it to either be a brighter color or as someone said earlier have the word emergency on it. On a brighter note. I have been consistently running past the police station. I think I'm for sure now. hehe.  :afro:

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #374 on: May 19, 2016, 08:12:17 AM »
I asked another student if he has an eraser, and the same kid goes, "Hey teacher, here is laser!  Pew pew!" as he mimes laser beams coming from his eyes and attacking the error on the other student's paper.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Haha your students sound awesome  :laugh:

For some reason one of my students always talks about Spiderman, but calls him "Spy, the Man".  He even writes it like that.  I think he's trolling me because he's kept it up for a really long time  ;D

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #375 on: May 19, 2016, 08:38:27 AM »
Went to work this morning and was immediately given a bag of caramel corn puffs  ;D

Online flower-power-21

• Explorer
« Reply #376 on: May 19, 2016, 08:47:58 AM »
It's picture day today and unlike last year my co teacher told me!  ;D

Also, because it's picture day all my classes are canceled!

Another great thing today is Happy Together English broadcasting where my students who broadcast with me willingly wear cute animal ears during the program! It's funny and makes the 10 min ordeal more enjoyable!! :laugh:

Offline Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #377 on: May 19, 2016, 12:13:56 PM »
My students had midterms yesterday so I decided to let my classes watch movies today.

I'm new at this school and my 6th graders have been my most difficult classes, most of them are taller than me and seem so old it's hard to believe they are still in elementary school. Anyway I logged into my netflix and let them choose a movie they would like to watch from the kids section. I thought it would all be way too young for them but 6-1 chose Kung Fu Panda, 6-2 chose Happy Feet 2 and 6-3 chose Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
They were all absolutely enthralled! It was so sweet. When they are behaving like spawns of satan it's easy to forget they're just kids underneath it all. Was nice to see that side of them

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #378 on: May 19, 2016, 12:17:07 PM »
Work gave me an address for a supplier visit today that had transposed digits in it.

No, this is not a rant.

The good thing is that navigation systems are set up to take you to the Dong office if the old address building number cannot be resolved.  The nice lady there looked it up on her computer and helped me get on my way.

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
  • 인생 뭐있냐?
« Reply #379 on: May 19, 2016, 12:28:56 PM »
My students had midterms yesterday so I decided to let my classes watch movies today.

I'm new at this school and my 6th graders have been my most difficult classes, most of them are taller than me and seem so old it's hard to believe they are still in elementary school. Anyway I logged into my netflix and let them choose a movie they would like to watch from the kids section. I thought it would all be way too young for them but 6-1 chose Kung Fu Panda, 6-2 chose Happy Feet 2 and 6-3 chose Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
They were all absolutely enthralled! It was so sweet. When they are behaving like spawns of satan it's easy to forget they're just kids underneath it all. Was nice to see that side of them

I've noticed this in Middle school too. Some of them act like they don't wanna watch Ice Age or Madagascar cause they're too "old" for those movies but then they're glued to the screen for 45 mins and loudly "Awwwww...." when I have to turn it off. Pretty cute for satan spawns  :wink:

I gotta admit I enjoy kids movies too  :azn: