November 20, 2017, 05:34:55 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 196520 times)

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SHIT MEGATHREAD
« Reply #280 on: April 28, 2016, 01:34:18 PM »
It's part of a limited promotion for the new Avengers film. It started yesterday and I THINK it's supposed to continue until supplies are exhausted?

You're supposed to buy some ice cream (a quart or higher, or basically the equivalent of spending 13500 won or higher) and then you have the option of purchasing one of the headphones for an additional 3000 won. You can take a look at the image I attached.
Oh that's awesome! Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check it out. I used to have a pair of One Piece headphones I used at school that some of my students loved and were super excited when they saw them.

No problem, my students are the only reason why I got the Ironman headphones (I only cared about Captain America xP).

Offline TeresaD

• Veteran
« Reply #281 on: April 28, 2016, 01:41:04 PM »
At my travel school today, my kids were motivated and we had fun together. My Grade 6 boy (who last week refused to speak for about 10 mins) actually liked the games that I brought. We laughed together and it really just brightened my whole outlook  ;D ;D
"In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer" - Albert Camus

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #282 on: April 28, 2016, 03:23:54 PM »
Whenever my students hear me dropping a Korean word or phrase (practicing with coworkers), they go "Wo~w!!" and act super impressed even though all I'm saying is simple stuff  :laugh: Makes me laugh every time

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #283 on: April 28, 2016, 03:28:41 PM »
I like simple pleasures.  It is spring.  It is raining.  The air is clear.  I can breath deeply.

Couldn't agree with you more here. Coming from the Pacific Northwest this environment is a complete 180 for me!  :cry:
Same! The last rain, I just went to an open air cafe and just chilled with a latte, a blanket, and watched the rain.

Hahaha!  Simple pleasures.  I was amazed at how much extra energy and clear-headed I was yesterday, just by there being no dust.  I couldn't imagine living in China for that reason.  It would limit everything.
Yeah, I almost ended up outside of Beijing a few years ago for m first overseas job, and I am so glad it didn't work out. That dust is an everything killer.

It rained EVERYWHERE except Seoul!  :cry: I saw rain on the forecast at 20 percent, then it was just gloomy and DUUUUUUUSSSTYYY. On a positive note, it looks like We should get rain on Saturday!!!  ;D
Maybe it depended on what part of Seoul, because I was in a cafe at Hapjeong. Then again, it was nearly two weeks ago.

Yeah, it did a couple of weeks ago, but I was referring to yesterday. Hopefully there will be some in the coming forecast!  :wink:
Oh! Haha, then yeah, you're right. I didn't even know it rained yesterday and that I was missing out! Bummer. Oh well, yesterday was still a good day.

I went and saw Civil War and before I left for it right after school, a few students that know I love comic book stuff ran up showing off their movie tickets and we chatted about it a little. Its always fun being able to talk to them about mutual interests!

I keep on putting off my training for my half marathon this summer due to my laziness. Yet with the weather being so terrible as it is, it doesn't help either. With more rain and clearer air I think that I may start getting back on track for my training  :afro: :afro: 8) 8).
Yeah, its been a little the same for me, but cycling. I actually went out last Saturday when the dust was at 200 or so and had to buy a mask halfway through my ride.

Offline okapifire

• Veteran
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGEATHERAD
« Reply #284 on: April 29, 2016, 09:01:40 AM »
My school changed my schedule now I don't teach any classes on Mondays and enjoy a nice easy day to the start of the week.

So jealous. Last 3 years I had only 2-3 classes on Monday. I dread the work week so much less when I can ease into it. Starting in March it was changed to 5 classes spread out all day.

But I digress. IDK why but someone brought PB sandwiches and fruit into the office this morning, which is great because I didnt have time to eat breakfast. Then my ct tells me I dont have to come 1st or 2nd period because shes giving a chapter test. So free breakfast and only 2 classes are a great way to finish the week. But actually I'm a little bummed about killing time in the office. My Thursday-Friday school is awesome and I like teaching these kids.

Offline orionchocopie

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #285 on: April 29, 2016, 09:08:24 AM »
It's Friday!

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
  • 인생 뭐있냐?
« Reply #286 on: April 29, 2016, 09:37:08 AM »
Teacher dinner tonight!  ;D I'm stoked to eat and drink all the free grub and booze while "people watching" my co-workers descend into drunken hilarity.   :angel:

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #287 on: April 29, 2016, 10:06:24 AM »
One of the teachers installed a magnetic dartboard in the office.

We had a mini competition as a break -- losers can't eat from the snack table for the rest of the day. Hahahah

Guess who won??  8)

Zealot_Hill

« Reply #288 on: April 29, 2016, 10:13:23 AM »
My wife got to go to a Dinosaur park thing instead of teach... I'm super jealous  :sad:

but it means happy wife, happy life!  :laugh:

"Hey life, you remember I'm the one that likes dinosaurs right?"

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #289 on: April 29, 2016, 10:30:35 AM »
My students are practicing for sports day cuz apparently that's something that needs to be practiced. One class missed and so my co teacher decided that the other should too and they will watch a movie! And its Friday! :laugh:

Offline jcastane89

• Adventurer
« Reply #290 on: April 29, 2016, 11:17:38 AM »
I won't be teaching at my travelling school for the next two weeks. :) It's my travelling school that gives me the most trouble, in terms of students and in the amount of classes I have to teach every Thurs. (5) and Friday (5).

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #291 on: April 29, 2016, 11:45:29 AM »
Teacher dinner tonight!  ;D I'm stoked to eat and drink all the free grub and booze while "people watching" my co-workers descend into drunken hilarity.   :angel:

I go to these, but my school is rather staid and nobody ever drinks enough for hilarity to ensue.

On a happy note, next week we have our mini-sports day on Wednesday and then we have Thursday, Friday AND the following Monday off as red days (It's our school's foundation day). Beer festival at COEX Wednesday evening, head down to Busan via KTX on Thursday, spend the night there and hop on a plane for Jeju until Monday night for a mini-vacation :laugh:

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #292 on: April 29, 2016, 12:21:00 PM »
This week has been partly easy, but yesterday and today especially because half of my classes have been cancelled so the students can practice their songs and dances for the school birthday ceremony thing.

Also, my high school class that is usually awful and only maybe 5 out of 37 pay attention, actually all paid attention and did the work they were supposed to! There was no fighting, arm wrestling, sleeping, excessive talking... it was great! My co teacher even took a picture and sent it to me. :cheesy:

Offline samwh

• Adventurer
« Reply #293 on: April 29, 2016, 12:50:15 PM »
I finally found a school! After months of searching... and worrying... and posting on here!

It starts on July 18th and I'm really excited and so hopeful that it will not be a complete shitshow! I think it will be good though. Otherwise, you'll find me in the ranting thread around August-Sept. ;) 

I'll be in the small town of Yeongju (probs need a map to find it). Smaller towns are more my thing anyways, but if anyone is miraculously close to there, send me a message!

*** Also big thanks shout out to all the peeps here that have answered my questions ect. these last weeks! ***     

Online flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #294 on: April 29, 2016, 12:58:16 PM »
I was worried my principal didn't like me, because he hasn't greeted me once and when my co and I went to him to ask if we could leave school early to open my bank account he didn't even look at me. I was concerned he didn't like me or thought I was a waste of time or something.

When I told my co that I was worried he didn't like me she was shocked and said that he was "very concerned" about me. Turns out he's always asking her questions about how I'm liking the food, how my commute to school is and if I'm adjusting to life in Korea. She said that one day he was driving and saw me walking to school and he wanted to stop and give me a ride but it didn't work out since I was on the opposite side of the road. She said that he felt really bad that he didn't stop.
I'm so glad (and relieved) she's told me all of this. Now I won't feel so worried/uncomfortable any more.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #295 on: May 02, 2016, 09:42:58 AM »
Was having them Monday blues cause I just didn't feel like going to work.

But then my main coT called today's coT to tell her there was gonna be a picnic/hiking at some mountain and my main school wanted me to go!

We asked the principal and after I finish teaching classes in the morning I get to leave and join them!  ;D

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #296 on: May 02, 2016, 09:49:06 AM »
Exam week at my middle school (afternoons) and Wednesday is sports day at one of my elems (morning) plus Thurs and Fri off   ;D I love May!

Offline Elegy

• Adventurer
« Reply #297 on: May 02, 2016, 09:54:15 AM »
I was worried my principal didn't like me, because he hasn't greeted me once and when my co and I went to him to ask if we could leave school early to open my bank account he didn't even look at me. I was concerned he didn't like me or thought I was a waste of time or something.

When I told my co that I was worried he didn't like me she was shocked and said that he was "very concerned" about me. Turns out he's always asking her questions about how I'm liking the food, how my commute to school is and if I'm adjusting to life in Korea. She said that one day he was driving and saw me walking to school and he wanted to stop and give me a ride but it didn't work out since I was on the opposite side of the road. She said that he felt really bad that he didn't stop.
I'm so glad (and relieved) she's told me all of this. Now I won't feel so worried/uncomfortable any more.

Always important to remember that lack of displayed affection doesn't mean the concern isn't there! That's an adorable little story, you should be quite happy about that

Offline TeresaD

• Veteran
« Reply #298 on: May 02, 2016, 10:05:39 AM »
On Friday I went with my school on a field trip to the Goseong dinosaur expo. I had time to read my book on the bus, got to hold little hands all day and had an awesome picnic ;D
"In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer" - Albert Camus

Zealot_Hill

« Reply #299 on: May 02, 2016, 10:13:10 AM »
Missing my 2 worst days of school to go to a workshop, which will be nothing other than boring relaxation. Basically a 6 day weekend!  :azn:

Also OBAMA MIC DROP  :laugh: