November 19, 2017, 11:46:06 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 196058 times)

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #2240 on: August 28, 2017, 03:07:48 PM »
I'm pretty proud that I was able to get a lot of work done today even though I'm sick and exhausted. I'm about done with all the materials I need for the week.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2241 on: August 28, 2017, 03:20:04 PM »
I'm pretty proud that I was able to get a lot of work done today even though I'm sick and exhausted. I'm about done with all the materials I need for the week.

Was it because of Taylor Swift giving you the strength you needed?

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2242 on: August 28, 2017, 03:26:56 PM »

Was it because of Taylor Swift giving you the strength you needed?

gidget

« Reply #2243 on: August 29, 2017, 07:56:58 AM »
Stationery came! Yay!

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2244 on: August 29, 2017, 01:36:20 PM »
Bittersweet, but more funny than sad:

The other day at one of my middle schools, my grade 2s ran up to me with cries of, "Pop song! Pop song!"  Since class hadn't started yet, I said all right, and let them look up what they wanted.  The bell then rang.  The students obediently went to their seats, albeit seemingly a bit crestfallen.  The song they'd chosen was "See you again."  I asked them why. 

Turns out a student was moving that very day.  I shook his hand, and then let the song play. 

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2245 on: August 31, 2017, 01:55:19 PM »
In mid Sept I get two days in a row of going to a cultural festival thing with my students instead of classes :) There's a possibility that it'll actually be 3 days of trips to the festival that week with different schools :) I'm liking the look of that week :)

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2246 on: August 31, 2017, 02:04:43 PM »
There is, from the looks of it, a fully functional and pretty well designed Hana Card site in English that is up and running. It is about time, as I was wondering when they would get one back up after they closed the previous one down. I have only tried it on IE though, but I guess it is better to use IE just in case anyway. I don't want to chance a weird mishap with a bank account. Just a heads up to anyone that has been waiting on it!

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2247 on: August 31, 2017, 02:17:49 PM »
I actually got invited to a ceremony!

And by invited I mean I actually knew it was going to happen beforehand, and I walked there.

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2248 on: August 31, 2017, 02:20:09 PM »
There is, from the looks of it, a fully functional and pretty well designed Hana Card site in English that is up and running. It is about time, as I was wondering when they would get one back up after they closed the previous one down. I have only tried it on IE though, but I guess it is better to use IE just in case anyway. I don't want to chance a weird mishap with a bank account. Just a heads up to anyone that has been waiting on it!

Oh. Is it good? Can you like, apply for new cards and read about different cards and stuff? I always use a combination of their Korean site and Naver for getting information but English would be a lot more convenient.

Offline CJ

• Veteran
« Reply #2249 on: August 31, 2017, 02:28:54 PM »
I had my dreaded high school C level class which is 85% boys and they have totally given up.

KT: " My condition is not good today. I am hangover"
CJ: "You should take a rest in your office"
KT: "Really? Can you teach them by yourself"
CJ" "Of course. Just take a rest"
KT: "Thank you CJ"
CJ: "OK, guys. Do you want YouTube?"
Students: "YES! I wantuh YouTuboobuh"
CJ:" OK. Come and choose a song!"
Students: "K-pop OK?
CJ: "Yes! K-pop OK!"

Sweet sweet class.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2250 on: August 31, 2017, 02:41:04 PM »
Got my favorite trash pizza queued up and ready for delivery. Can't wait to push the order button as soon as I walk out of school.

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2251 on: August 31, 2017, 02:52:18 PM »
Got my favorite trash pizza queued up and ready for delivery. Can't wait to push the order button as soon as I walk out of school.

Love that feeling. What's your go-to pizza trash?

I've tried most of the places around me but I still come back to Pizza School Pepperoni or Combo.

I know PS isn't delivery but it's so damn cheap and delicious that I don't mind the walk.

As for raving, 6 out of my 10 classes at my second school are third graders and they ARE A GODDAMN PLEASURE to teach. I leave each class with a bigger than when I started.

If all classes were so pleasant I might even feel start feeling a little bad for taking money to do this job. (let's not test this theory)

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2252 on: August 31, 2017, 02:53:25 PM »
I had my dreaded high school C level class which is 85% boys and they have totally given up.

KT: " My condition is not good today. I am hangover"
CJ: "You should take a rest in your office"
KT: "Really? Can you teach them by yourself"
CJ" "Of course. Just take a rest"
KT: "Thank you CJ"
CJ: "OK, guys. Do you want YouTube?"
Students: "YES! I wantuh YouTuboobuh"
CJ:" OK. Come and choose a song!"
Students: "K-pop OK?
CJ: "Yes! K-pop OK!"

Sweet sweet class.

#blessed

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2253 on: August 31, 2017, 02:56:21 PM »

I've tried most of the places around me but I still come back to Pizza School Pepperoni or Combo.

I know PS isn't delivery but it's so damn cheap and delicious that I don't mind the walk.

As for raving, 6 out of my 10 classes at my second school are third graders and they ARE A GODDAMN PLEASURE to teach. I leave each class with a bigger than when I started.

If all classes were so pleasant I might even feel start feeling a little bad for taking money to do this job. (let's not test this theory)

Pizza School is literally amazing. I only eat it once or twice a year because it's such disgusting garbage, but when I do, it's a truly wonderful experience. I usually just get pepperoni, too, but occasionally I'll get one of their sillier pizzas and just cover it in sriracha.

It's impossible not to regret going to Pizza School, though.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2254 on: August 31, 2017, 03:00:27 PM »

I was hoping someone would ask.

Pepperoni, of course. And it's from this place called I Love New York Pizza. Mysteriously, I can't really find much about them online (I guess the name is too common). But anyway, every order comes with a serving of THREE different kinds of fried potato (crinkle fries, tater tots, and those creepy smile taters) along with a liter of Pepsi.

They also advertise "EVERYTHING PIZZA NO EDGE" and they live up to it. So cheesy, so trashy, so good.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2255 on: August 31, 2017, 03:02:27 PM »

Pepperoni, of course. And it's from this place called I Love New York Pizza. Mysteriously, I can't really find much about them online (I guess the name is too common). But anyway, every order comes with a serving of THREE different kinds of fried potato (crinkle fries, tater tots, and those creepy smile taters) along with a liter of Pepsi.

They also advertise "EVERYTHING PIZZA NO EDGE" and they live up to it. So cheesy, so trashy, so good.

Has anyone had Mr. Pizza? I don't have many pizza options in my city, and the delivery driver for my go-to has been really rude lately.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2256 on: August 31, 2017, 03:05:04 PM »

Has anyone had Mr. Pizza? I don't have many pizza options in my city, and the delivery driver for my go-to has been really rude lately.

I'm surprised I haven't had Mr. Pizza. It seems expensive for what it is and I don't think I've ever seen a, you know, "normal" pizza option. Also it's advertised as pizza for women and I find that vaguely unsettling for some reason.

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2257 on: August 31, 2017, 03:05:39 PM »

Pizza School is literally amazing. I only eat it once or twice a year because it's such disgusting garbage, but when I do, it's a truly wonderful experience. I usually just get pepperoni, too, but occasionally I'll get one of their sillier pizzas and just cover it in sriracha.

You know how it's done #basedcowboy ~ I've tried a few of the other, funnier kinds and while they're good, and worth it for the price, if I'm gonna get some dirty pizza up in my life, that pepperoni always calls my name. It's kind of a treat, so i don't wanna "risk" not getting my pizza itch scratched  :cheesy:

#srirachalife

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2258 on: August 31, 2017, 03:09:44 PM »

You know how it's done #basedcowboy ~ I've tried a few of the other, funnier kinds and while they're good, and worth it for the price, if I'm gonna get some dirty pizza up in my life, that pepperoni always calls my name. It's kind of a treat, so i don't wanna "risk" not getting my pizza itch scratched  :cheesy:

#srirachalife

No sriracha for me unless it's mixed with mayo to tone down the spice.  Gimme all the spicy mayo, pairs especially well with garbage deep fried california rolls. 

My favorite Pizza School pizza is the chicken tender one with sweet chili sauce drizzled all up on it.  Simply marvelous~

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2259 on: August 31, 2017, 03:10:13 PM »

There aren't any I Love New York Pizza places near me but your game sounds on point. Pizza is better when it's edge-less and trashy. No regrets  ;D

And ff you're gonna order a giant circle of cheesy carbs it better come with three sides of carbs. That's obvious.