September 20, 2017, 12:39:24 AM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 171664 times)

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #2160 on: July 18, 2017, 06:10:58 PM »
Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster is an amazing album that should be celebrated.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2161 on: July 19, 2017, 11:06:22 AM »
Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster is an amazing album that should be celebrated.

omg yes. absolutely her best album

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2162 on: July 19, 2017, 12:30:31 PM »
Kesha's new music is pretty cool.  I like her new style better (though her general goofy/not taking herself seriously attitude has always been fun). 

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2163 on: July 19, 2017, 12:45:59 PM »
Yesterday, my high school had their English festival in the afternoon.  Last month, my lovely co-ts were having a meeting and wanted to do something different to the evening pop song festival we had last year.  They thought of a booth thing in the afternoon, but no idea about the booths.  Cue my 15 ideas for the booths, ranging from guess the Korean song from the translated lyrics, making balloon cars, guess the number of jelly beans in the jar, cosplay with cultural costumes, riddles, wordsearches, guess what it is by putting your hand in a box and touching something or smelling something in a box and then guessing etc etc.  Kind of fair games, I suppose, but using English.  There were prizes for the best-designed booths.  Students also had stamp charts for going around the classrooms and would get a stamp for completing the challenge.  After getting 6,10 and 15 stamps the students got small gifts.  Then after those two hours finished, we had a few performances and videos made by the students, and I did an O-X quiz, all very funny.  Then finish.  All 350 students happy, teachers very happy that it went well, principal and VP super happy.  Always lovely when your well-made ideas and plans work out this well.   ;D

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2164 on: July 19, 2017, 01:56:59 PM »
Kesha's new music is pretty cool.  I like her new style better (though her general goofy/not taking herself seriously attitude has always been fun).

Ke$ha is a treasure. Everything she does is great.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2165 on: July 19, 2017, 02:58:34 PM »
Officially done teaching anything for this semester. Coteacher requested a movie day tomorrow. Friday school starts vacation on Friday. Just have to wait 5 more days til I go to Hong Kong :)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2166 on: July 19, 2017, 03:43:22 PM »
Officially done teaching anything for this semester. Coteacher requested a movie day tomorrow. Friday school starts vacation on Friday. Just have to wait 5 more days til I go to Hong Kong :)

Egg tarts.  That's all I have to say.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2167 on: July 19, 2017, 03:46:58 PM »

She actually dropped the $ from her name a few years ago.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2168 on: July 19, 2017, 03:47:31 PM »

That is your answer to everything.  ;D  Even the teaching threads.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2169 on: July 19, 2017, 03:49:56 PM »

o.o Is... Is that a suggestion? A rave? A warning o.o Please elaborate! I don't want to die of egg tarts!

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #2170 on: July 19, 2017, 03:52:15 PM »

Go to Chi Lin Nunnery and the Garden to the South of it. Best building I've seen in my life.
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2171 on: July 19, 2017, 03:54:58 PM »

Go to Chi Lin Nunnery and the Garden to the South of it. Best building I've seen in my life.

I'm actually being a terrible tourist and going to Disney for the most part XD My travel buddy wants to do 2 days there and we only have 4 days (including days we get there and leave). So I'll just be partaking in the Marvel Summer event they have right now :}

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2172 on: July 19, 2017, 03:55:09 PM »

That is your answer to everything;D  Even the teaching threads.

o.o Is... Is that a suggestion? A rave? A warning o.o Please elaborate! I don't want to die of egg tarts!

Egg tarts = the answer. 

For serious though, found a chain (I think it was called Uncle Fong's?), tried egg tarts at a friend's suggestion, proceeded to eat egg tarts daily for the remainder of my trip.  Even bought a few extra on my last day to take with me.

God how I miss those egg tarts. 

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #2173 on: July 19, 2017, 03:55:55 PM »

I'm actually being a terrible tourist and going to Disney for the most part XD My travel buddy wants to do 2 days there and we only have 4 days (including days we get there and leave). So I'll just be partaking in the Marvel Summer event they have right now :}

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

I will never invite you to Love Motel upon learning this.
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2174 on: July 19, 2017, 03:59:14 PM »

Egg tarts = the answer. 

For serious though, found a chain (I think it was called Uncle Fong's?), tried egg tarts at a friend's suggestion, proceeded to eat egg tarts daily for the remainder of my trip.  Even bought a few extra on my last day to take with me.

Lol ah, I might have to try some if I find 'em :P

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Ahahahahah If I knew my overwhelming Disney interest was a turn off I wouldda been more obvious about it to everyone so I can live happily alone with not but my tv and my hamster :} Thanks for the tip ;)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2175 on: July 19, 2017, 04:03:00 PM »

Egg tarts = the answer. 

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Ahahahahah If I knew my overwhelming Disney interest was a turn off I wouldda been more obvious about it to everyone so I can live happily alone with not but my tv and my hamster :} Thanks for the tip ;)

"Might"!!??  I wouldn't invite you to a Love Motel either!!   :evil:

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2176 on: July 19, 2017, 04:07:55 PM »

Egg tarts = the answer. 

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

"Might"!!??  I wouldn't invite you to a Love Motel either!!   :evil:
Pfft, I see how it is...
*continues to poke at hamster while watching Lion King for the trillionth time while not eating egg tarts*

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2177 on: July 19, 2017, 04:12:23 PM »
You're so close! I hope you have a great time in Hong Kong!
Do you not have camp?

We still have class until the 26th, but then it will be camp which will hopefully be quieter and enjoyable.

I know I had a happy thing to write about, but the people are in my office are talking so loudly I can't hear myself think, so I can't remember what it was.

We played Apples to Apples in 6th grade today, and they loved it. They're becoming hard to please (they're growing up :cry:) so it's gratifying when they genuinely enjoy something.

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2178 on: July 19, 2017, 04:14:51 PM »

She actually dropped the $ from her name a few years ago.

Really? I didn't know that.

Now I know!

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2179 on: July 19, 2017, 04:22:35 PM »
You're so close! I hope you have a great time in Hong Kong!
Do you not have camp?

We still have class until the 26th, but then it will be camp which will hopefully be quieter and enjoyable.

I know I had a happy thing to write about, but the people are in my office are talking so loudly I can't hear myself think, so I can't remember what it was.

We played Apples to Apples in 6th grade today, and they loved it. They're becoming hard to please (they're growing up :cry:) so it's gratifying when they genuinely enjoy something.
I have a week vacation, 3 weeks of camp, then one more of vacation.
Most of my schools finish on Friday and after a big ordeal where I almost for a cool 4 days of vacation I stood my ground and got 9 days, but it's broken up... Oh well... 2 trips!

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment