November 22, 2017, 11:55:50 AM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 197192 times)

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #2100 on: July 19, 2017, 12:59:14 PM »
Officially done teaching anything for this semester. Coteacher requested a movie day tomorrow. Friday school starts vacation on Friday. Just have to wait 5 more days til I go to Hong Kong :)

Egg tarts.  That's all I have to say.

That is your answer to everything;D  Even the teaching threads.

o.o Is... Is that a suggestion? A rave? A warning o.o Please elaborate! I don't want to die of egg tarts!

Egg tarts = the answer. 

For serious though, found a chain (I think it was called Uncle Fong's?), tried egg tarts at a friend's suggestion, proceeded to eat egg tarts daily for the remainder of my trip.  Even bought a few extra on my last day to take with me.

God how I miss those egg tarts.
Lol ah, I might have to try some if I find 'em :P

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

I will never invite you to Love Motel upon learning this.

Ahahahahah If I knew my overwhelming Disney interest was a turn off I wouldda been more obvious about it to everyone so I can live happily alone with not but my tv and my hamster :} Thanks for the tip ;)

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2101 on: July 19, 2017, 01:03:00 PM »
Officially done teaching anything for this semester. Coteacher requested a movie day tomorrow. Friday school starts vacation on Friday. Just have to wait 5 more days til I go to Hong Kong :)

o.o Is... Is that a suggestion? A rave? A warning o.o Please elaborate! I don't want to die of egg tarts!

Egg tarts = the answer. 

For serious though, found a chain (I think it was called Uncle Fong's?), tried egg tarts at a friend's suggestion, proceeded to eat egg tarts daily for the remainder of my trip.  Even bought a few extra on my last day to take with me.

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Ahahahahah If I knew my overwhelming Disney interest was a turn off I wouldda been more obvious about it to everyone so I can live happily alone with not but my tv and my hamster :} Thanks for the tip ;)

"Might"!!??  I wouldn't invite you to a Love Motel either!!   :evil:

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2102 on: July 19, 2017, 01:07:55 PM »

Egg tarts = the answer. 

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

"Might"!!??  I wouldn't invite you to a Love Motel either!!   :evil:
Pfft, I see how it is...
*continues to poke at hamster while watching Lion King for the trillionth time while not eating egg tarts*

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2103 on: July 19, 2017, 01:12:23 PM »
You're so close! I hope you have a great time in Hong Kong!
Do you not have camp?

We still have class until the 26th, but then it will be camp which will hopefully be quieter and enjoyable.

I know I had a happy thing to write about, but the people are in my office are talking so loudly I can't hear myself think, so I can't remember what it was.

We played Apples to Apples in 6th grade today, and they loved it. They're becoming hard to please (they're growing up :cry:) so it's gratifying when they genuinely enjoy something.

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2104 on: July 19, 2017, 01:14:51 PM »
Kesha's new music is pretty cool.  I like her new style better (though her general goofy/not taking herself seriously attitude has always been fun).

Ke$ha is a treasure. Everything she does is great.

She actually dropped the $ from her name a few years ago.

Really? I didn't know that.

Now I know!

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2105 on: July 19, 2017, 01:22:35 PM »
You're so close! I hope you have a great time in Hong Kong!
Do you not have camp?

We still have class until the 26th, but then it will be camp which will hopefully be quieter and enjoyable.

I know I had a happy thing to write about, but the people are in my office are talking so loudly I can't hear myself think, so I can't remember what it was.

We played Apples to Apples in 6th grade today, and they loved it. They're becoming hard to please (they're growing up :cry:) so it's gratifying when they genuinely enjoy something.
I have a week vacation, 3 weeks of camp, then one more of vacation.
Most of my schools finish on Friday and after a big ordeal where I almost for a cool 4 days of vacation I stood my ground and got 9 days, but it's broken up... Oh well... 2 trips!

Offline elsbethm

• Adventurer
« Reply #2106 on: July 19, 2017, 02:04:53 PM »
Grade 5 teacher runs into my office.  He just stands there for a moment struggling to find the English (bless his heart) and eventually manages a terse "Follow me!"
I'm a little worried at this point-Was I supposed to be somewhere? Did I have an extra class that no one told me about?
Then he starts jogging down the hall.....Me: :huh:
Now I'm convinced there's some sort of emergency. I jog after him.  He leads me to the cafeteria and reaches into a big bag and....."Bingsu!"    :laugh:

Surprise bingsu is best bingsu. Sugar Poison and all.   ;D  :azn:

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2107 on: July 19, 2017, 02:15:07 PM »
Grade 5 teacher runs into my office.  He just stands there for a moment struggling to find the English (bless his heart) and eventually manages a terse "Follow me!"
I'm a little worried at this point-Was I supposed to be somewhere? Did I have an extra class that no one told me about?
Then he starts jogging down the hall.....Me: :huh:
Now I'm convinced there's some sort of emergency. I jog after him.  He leads me to the cafeteria and reaches into a big bag and....."Bingsu!"    :laugh:

Surprise bingsu is best bingsu. Sugar Poison and all.   ;D  :azn:

At least it's cold.

Online welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2108 on: July 20, 2017, 07:59:44 AM »
Mother-in-law goes back home for 4 days today!! Yessssssssss!!! house to ourselves again.

She'll be back, but until then.... happy nude dance at home.

Offline Skyehawks

• Featured Contributor
  • Veteran
« Reply #2109 on: July 20, 2017, 11:30:14 AM »
After making a planned out english camp that includes all the grammar, phonics, and vocabulary my teacher planned. I was told that I can now do whatever I want as long as it caters to grades 3 and 4. I was even told I could possibly do a watergun fight. (I am so doing a watergun, water balloon fight at the end of both weeks. gives us a break from the classroom and the heat

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2110 on: July 20, 2017, 11:34:04 AM »
I'm on crunch time to get all my camp finished because there were so many afternoon activities and stuff this month, so I'm a bit behind schedule.

But, Lil B is keeping me going and giving me the #positive energy I need to keep it going hard.

Lil B in nature is especially #rare.

Online Aristocrat

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2111 on: July 20, 2017, 11:40:41 AM »
My new bamboo, sweat proof undershirts arrived yesterday.

Everyone's sweating their arse off and I'm just strolling around like it's a pleasant spring day.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Sort yourself out
« Reply #2112 on: July 20, 2017, 11:42:22 AM »

Everyone's sweating their arse off and I'm just strolling around like it's a pleasant spring day.

All mayo?

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2113 on: July 20, 2017, 11:45:09 AM »
I don't have to go to my least favorite school tomorrow which means I don't have to go there for a month!

Online welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2114 on: July 20, 2017, 11:47:49 AM »
My co-teacher is planning all of the camp this summer. And getting all the materials. And doing everything else needed. I just nod and approve and turn up on the day.

This year over 30 students wanted to come to camp, I think it's because they like me so much. We had to do a lotto draw.  Their sad little faces could almost break your heart when they're name wasn't drawn.  At least I got a few of my favourites in there.

Also, only summer camp this year (with a reasonable budget). No winter camp (budget didn't want to be stretched to two).

Yes.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2115 on: July 20, 2017, 02:15:49 PM »
Was waiting for the bus this morning when a car stops in front of me. 

Woman:  Teacher!  Are you going to [...] elementary school?? 

Me:  No, I'm going to [...] middle school. 

Woman:  There's no bus today!  Because there was no ferry.  Come with us! 

This brief exchange was all in Korean, I'm pleased I actually understood what was going on (I really need to pick up studying again  :-[ ).  I eventually remembered how I knew this woman-- she's one of the new lunch ladies at one of my travel elementary schools. 

Super nice lady.   ;D

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2116 on: July 20, 2017, 02:17:24 PM »
Was waiting for the bus this morning when a car stops in front of me. 

Woman:  Teacher!  Are you going to [...] elementary school?? 

Me:  No, I'm going to [...] middle school. 

Woman:  There's no bus today!  Because there was no ferry.  Come with us! 

This brief exchange was all in Korean, I'm pleased I actually understood what was going on (I really need to pick up studying again  :-[ ).  I eventually remembered how I knew this woman-- she's one of the new lunch ladies at one of my travel elementary schools. 

Super nice lady.   ;D

If you eat dinner there, she'd be a supper nice lady.

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2117 on: July 20, 2017, 02:26:49 PM »

All mayo?

What does either bamboo or mayo have to do with clothing? I would've though you'd want to avoid having either of those anywhere near expensive clothing...???

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2118 on: July 20, 2017, 02:29:48 PM »

All mayo?

What does either bamboo or mayo have to do with clothing? I would've though you'd want to avoid having either of those anywhere near expensive clothing...???

He's pulling a SOO LAY GI BONGTOO.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2119 on: July 20, 2017, 02:37:58 PM »

All mayo?

He's pulling a SOO LAY GI BONGTOO.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It looks like the spelling gets worse every time