September 20, 2017, 08:06:10 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 172280 times)

Offline JamSiManYo

• Adventurer
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #2100 on: July 06, 2017, 12:29:55 AM »
Had some free time after a speaking test so we let the kids choose some videos to watch. I was bracing myself for TWICE/BTS for the umpteenth time this week.

Very happy to report that the final class of the day chose a ballad by G-Dragon. 4th graders. They sang like angels.

Offline What?What?

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2101 on: July 06, 2017, 10:48:09 AM »
Feeling good today, my change to healthy eating habits is slowly starting to become routine, I am back exercising and it is almost vacation.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2102 on: July 06, 2017, 12:01:28 PM »
Feeling good today, my change to healthy eating habits is slowly starting to become routine, I am back exercising and it is almost vacation.

Nice, and almost the end of the week, too. Any travel plans for this vacation, or just going to take it slow and easy at home?

Offline What?What?

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2103 on: July 06, 2017, 12:17:40 PM »

Nice, and almost the end of the week, too. Any travel plans for this vacation, or just going to take it slow and easy at home?

No real plans for vacation, having Smile lasik though so I will be very poor after that and will take it nice and easy, maybe head out to a beach for a couple of days just before going back to school! Do you have any special plans?
-A.A. Milne

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2104 on: July 06, 2017, 02:50:25 PM »
Had some free time after a speaking test so we let the kids choose some videos to watch. I was bracing myself for TWICE/BTS for the umpteenth time this week.

Very happy to report that the final class of the day chose a ballad by G-Dragon. 4th graders. They sang like angels.

That's an awful lot of music videos to watch in one week. My students are lucky to get 2-3 per semester.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2105 on: July 06, 2017, 03:02:17 PM »
I played that A-Pop or K-Pop game that a waygook user uploaded with my kids today. My co-teacher who gives the kids the answer to everything (even before they have time to read the question) couldn't give the answers because he doesn't know the songs.  :laugh: Feels like the first time I could play a game properly at that school.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #2106 on: July 06, 2017, 03:08:15 PM »
I played that A-Pop or K-Pop game that a waygook user uploaded with my kids today.

waygook.org user, you plebe
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline What?What?

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2107 on: July 06, 2017, 03:24:49 PM »
I played that A-Pop or K-Pop game that a waygook user uploaded with my kids today.

waygook.org user, you plebe

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
-A.A. Milne

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2108 on: July 06, 2017, 03:38:11 PM »
The Based God is coming to earth to delivery Black Ken soon. Lil B will meet him soon, and we shall all be blessed with #rare #based music. Must collect! Lil B is cutie!

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2109 on: July 06, 2017, 03:59:44 PM »
I didn't have my 5th period class today!

The odd thing is that no one told me. Luckily, I'm in the teachers' office at this school so i can read the board. Maybe my COT trusts that I can read Korean? But most likely, he probably just forgot to tell me.

Offline JamSiManYo

• Adventurer
« Reply #2110 on: July 06, 2017, 04:24:52 PM »

That's an awful lot of music videos to watch in one week. My students are lucky to get 2-3 per semester.

Ah. I personally had to listen to tens of times for a translation/guess-the-song activity. The students, individually, probably only saw 4 minutes worth of MVs, tops.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2111 on: July 07, 2017, 12:15:48 PM »

No real plans for vacation, having Smile lasik though so I will be very poor after that and will take it nice and easy, maybe head out to a beach for a couple of days just before going back to school! Do you have any special plans?

Nah, nothing, might just troll around Korea in general, but nothing planned. Saving all my money for a big vacation during winter.

I want to get Smile lasik, too, kind of jealous of you. Let us all know how it turns out for you!

Offline jffjp

• Adventurer
« Reply #2112 on: July 07, 2017, 01:25:37 PM »
leaving in 12 days, couldn't be happier

Offline What?What?

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2113 on: July 07, 2017, 02:20:37 PM »

Nah, nothing, might just troll around Korea in general, but nothing planned. Saving all my money for a big vacation during winter.

I want to get Smile lasik, too, kind of jealous of you. Let us all know how it turns out for you!

I will definitely update on the Lasik thread once the whole process has been completed. Truth be told I am sh**ting myself. hahahaha Yeah I also decided winter vacation will be my holiday back home!
-A.A. Milne

• The Legend
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2114 on: July 07, 2017, 02:36:24 PM »
I'm so happy that Lil B loves me. And you. And animals. Especially his adopted tabby Keke.

You should be happy to have Lil B in your life!

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down.
« Reply #2115 on: July 07, 2017, 02:50:29 PM »
Oy, got some peeps, mate?

I'm constantly surrounded by chicks and coq's. Some real fit birds around this cat. 
Ignoring isnít the same as ignorance, you have to work at it.

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2116 on: July 07, 2017, 04:19:06 PM »
CT locked her keys and USB in her padlocked cabinet yesterday. Today she borrowed a bolt cutter from the useless handyman that gave it to her and left. She tried but couldn't open it, I told her to let me try and she said "don't bother, we need a man! it's too hard!" But then.. she wouldn't call any of the male teachers.

So guess who grabbed those bolt cutters by the balls and sliced that lock in half like a boss?! That's right, I did. I felt so accomplished  :laugh: :laugh:

Actually it wasn't hard at all as bolt cutters are meant for this kind of thing... I don't know why she couldn't do it! Still felt proud to help though :)

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2117 on: July 07, 2017, 04:39:22 PM »
CT locked her keys and USB in her padlocked cabinet yesterday. Today she borrowed a bolt cutter from the useless handyman that gave it to her and left. She tried but couldn't open it, I told her to let me try and she said "don't bother, we need a man! it's too hard!" But then.. she wouldn't call any of the male teachers.

So guess who grabbed those bolt cutters by the balls and sliced that lock in half like a boss?! That's right, I did. I felt so accomplished  :laugh: :laugh:

Actually it wasn't hard at all as bolt cutters are meant for this kind of thing... I don't know why she couldn't do it! Still felt proud to help though :)

Hahah, at my old job, we had tons of cabinets to store costumes.  Each cabinet had a padlock and one time a student locked the keys inside one.  We stood around a moment and then a lightbulb went off-- grabbed a screwdriver and took the door off its hinges. 

Straight up Macgyvered that problem.   :laugh:

Offline gidget

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2118 on: July 10, 2017, 11:21:54 AM »
I love today. It's a beautiful, beautiful day!! Rain makes me so happy.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2119 on: July 10, 2017, 12:00:02 PM »
Got to school today and my coT told me the schedule had changed-- some random meeting in the morning meant one of my classes got canceled! And she needs half of each class period to review stuff with the kids before their exams tomorrow. 

So today is an easy day!  Which is nice because I didn't get much sleep~

Buy/Sell/Trade

Employment