November 19, 2017, 09:16:50 AM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 195570 times)

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #2080 on: July 14, 2017, 12:35:31 PM »
Ill give a raving/ touch of rant.

My coT for camps told me the theme but said I could use stuff I already had. Guess who did the same theme last yr summer? That's right, I did. YAY!

I hear you on the Hancom bull... I got all my materials ready and then after I send it in they say they need it in Hancom (Hancon? :)). I was not happy but it wasn't that bad to move it all over and format (maybe 2 hrs+?).

I made some pretty intricate handouts, maybe 20 total, with many, many precisely-placed images that couldn't be simply copied and pasted. I had the bright idea of taking screen shots and pasting them into Hangul, but it causes an ever-so-slight blur of the images and text which the head teacher found unacceptable and I ended up having to recreate the files from scratch anyway. This was a few years ago now, though...

Offline MaximusPrime

• Veteran
« Reply #2081 on: July 14, 2017, 01:04:25 PM »

My coT for camps told me the theme but said I could use stuff I already had. Guess who did the same theme last yr summer? That's right, I did. YAY!

I hear you on the Hancom bull... I got all my materials ready and then after I send it in they say they need it in Hancom (Hancon? :)). I was not happy but it wasn't that bad to move it all over and format (maybe 2 hrs+?).

I made some pretty intricate handouts, maybe 20 total, with many, many precisely-placed images that couldn't be simply copied and pasted. I had the bright idea of taking screen shots and pasting them into Hangul, but it causes an ever-so-slight blur of the images and text which the head teacher found unacceptable and I ended up having to recreate the files from scratch anyway. This was a few years ago now, though...

Yeah the spacing in Hancom I find really difficult sometimes to use. Guess you learned your lesson now! Hope this yr runs smoothly. I am crossing my fingers for our 100+ kids, 3 teachers  :cry:.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2082 on: July 14, 2017, 01:05:24 PM »

Yeah the spacing in Hancom I find really difficult sometimes to use. Guess you learned your lesson now! Hope this yr runs smoothly. I am crossing my fingers for our 100+ kids, 3 teachers  :cry:.

Hancom has so many keyboard shortcuts that I feel like, if you were a native Korean AND also just happened to be a power-user of it, it miiiiiight actually be better than Word.

But for your average user, it's awful.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2083 on: July 17, 2017, 08:42:42 AM »
Got to my travel school, got informed that one of my classes is canceled today, got plied with student-made pizza and one of those sugary poisonous convenience store coffees. 

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2084 on: July 17, 2017, 09:05:24 AM »
Got to my travel school, got informed that one of my classes is canceled today, got plied with student-made pizza and one of those sugary poisonous convenience store coffees.

How was there student-made pizza already on a Monday morning? Weird!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2085 on: July 17, 2017, 09:14:07 AM »

I also found it perplexing.  It must have been the very first activity of the day! 

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2086 on: July 17, 2017, 09:17:56 AM »

I also found it perplexing.  It must have been the very first activity of the day!

So. What kind of pizza was it?

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2087 on: July 17, 2017, 09:20:32 AM »

Oh, basically toast with sauce topped with near everything.  Corn, ham, onions, cheese, etc. 

So... Korean pizza?

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2088 on: July 17, 2017, 09:36:04 AM »

Oh, basically toast with sauce topped with near everything.  Corn, ham, onions, cheese, etc. 

So... Korean pizza?

I don't understand people who hate on toast and Korean pizza. It's good.

Offline Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2089 on: July 17, 2017, 09:38:58 AM »
I think I'll have the kids make pizza bagels the camp after this.

I'm not a fan of Korean-style pizza, but people are free to like and eat what they want, so there will be corn and mayo, too. *shivers*

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2090 on: July 17, 2017, 09:45:39 AM »

So... Korean pizza?

I don't understand people who hate on toast and Korean pizza. It's good.

Their childhoods must have been devoid of pizza toast. 

Pizza toast, tortilla pizza, bagel pizza, french bread pizza... glorious pizza!

Offline welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2091 on: July 17, 2017, 10:10:07 AM »
Movies for classes.

That's it.  Movies.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2092 on: July 18, 2017, 02:10:57 PM »
FREE AT LAST

until English camp...

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2093 on: July 18, 2017, 03:02:49 PM »
My Tuesday school is done with after school activities so I can stay in the air conditioned English classroom until my bus comes!

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2094 on: July 18, 2017, 03:10:58 PM »
Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster is an amazing album that should be celebrated.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2095 on: July 19, 2017, 08:06:22 AM »
Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster is an amazing album that should be celebrated.

omg yes. absolutely her best album

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2096 on: July 19, 2017, 09:30:31 AM »
Kesha's new music is pretty cool.  I like her new style better (though her general goofy/not taking herself seriously attitude has always been fun). 

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2097 on: July 19, 2017, 09:45:59 AM »
Yesterday, my high school had their English festival in the afternoon.  Last month, my lovely co-ts were having a meeting and wanted to do something different to the evening pop song festival we had last year.  They thought of a booth thing in the afternoon, but no idea about the booths.  Cue my 15 ideas for the booths, ranging from guess the Korean song from the translated lyrics, making balloon cars, guess the number of jelly beans in the jar, cosplay with cultural costumes, riddles, wordsearches, guess what it is by putting your hand in a box and touching something or smelling something in a box and then guessing etc etc.  Kind of fair games, I suppose, but using English.  There were prizes for the best-designed booths.  Students also had stamp charts for going around the classrooms and would get a stamp for completing the challenge.  After getting 6,10 and 15 stamps the students got small gifts.  Then after those two hours finished, we had a few performances and videos made by the students, and I did an O-X quiz, all very funny.  Then finish.  All 350 students happy, teachers very happy that it went well, principal and VP super happy.  Always lovely when your well-made ideas and plans work out this well.   ;D

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2098 on: July 19, 2017, 10:56:59 AM »
Kesha's new music is pretty cool.  I like her new style better (though her general goofy/not taking herself seriously attitude has always been fun).

Ke$ha is a treasure. Everything she does is great.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2099 on: July 19, 2017, 11:58:34 AM »
Officially done teaching anything for this semester. Coteacher requested a movie day tomorrow. Friday school starts vacation on Friday. Just have to wait 5 more days til I go to Hong Kong :)